802.11n makes this obsolete

802.11n makes this obsolete.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li-Fi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you're in the same room with line of sight maybe.

Wired will always win for latency, packet loss, and overall consistency.

Don't forget bandwidth

I don't know, I don't have anything plugged in via Ethernet anymore. Even my Playstation 2 is wireless (adapter).

I usually have the best pings in the game.

LOL wut? Not even close. Try saturating an N connection in a workgroup environment. Not happening. Wifi will always suffer from a polluted spectrum.

Congrats. You won the routing lottery among your peers.

But a wired connection will always be less latency than a wireless connection to your local network.

>wireless is faster then wired because i have less ping then other random people

600 Mbit/s (lel, in what universe? more like 150) seems much until you remember that you share that bandwidth with EVERYONE around you.

And everyone includes stations with fucked drivers ignoring back-of intervals, retards sending with 1 W antennas, military radar, civil radar, handsets, microwaves, Bluetooth etc.

It's shit

Except that you're retarded.

Wireless is bandwidth is divided by the number of connections, and 802.11n is capped at 300mbit on consumer devices.

And even though I have 802.11ac, I'll still stick to my gigabit and 10 gigabit copper, thanks.

Autism

In CSGO I get 5-7ms ping on ethernet, 10-15ms ping with WiFi.

Either way I'm usually the best ping in the server, but ethernet is still better.

First off, CHECKING THOSE MOTHERFUGGING DIGITS HOLY SHIT!

Second, as wireless technology improves the calculus shows that the differences in speed and QoS between wifi and wired connections decrease with each iteration.

So far in my experience

N300 gets me about 165Mbps via a single device

AC433 gets me just about 280 for a single device

Don't know about the higher ones.

I tested a WiFi vs PowerLine vs just Ethernet to just my router. Ethernet was the clear winner, and I can feel the difference in games such as Battlefield 4. But really, gaming is the only time I really need to use a long ethernet cable, WiFi is just so incredibly convenient for everything else.

You say that like it's a bad thing...

>802.11n
>2016

You must live in the suburbs or on a farm because wireless N in 2.4ghz spectrum is completely saturated especially in urban environments. Wifi AC is only in the 5ghz spectrum because they want to phase us out of 2.4.

So they can saturate 5GHz, too?

rsync strongly disagrees with this post.

I would never run a server on a wireless connection. Too many dropped packets.

what about gayman?
what about latency?

5ghz can travel as far so other 5ghz networks have a less of a chance of interfering with you. Also there is more bandwidth on the 5ghz spectrum giving you more room for opposing networks to be around you because more channels are open.

u mad bro?
u mad bro?
u mad bro?
u mad bro?
u mad bro?

this thread is full of autism and uneducated consumer retards but i picked you to correct

ac wave 2 with 80/160mhz channels can and MUMIMO can do between 2.3-3.4 gbps today. these products have been out since the summer and exist in production environments now. the limiting reagent is client chipsets right now. qualcomm already has snapdragons that support it, but vendors are leaving it disabled.

There's enough idiots with badly configured routers and old microwaves in my apartment building that all wireless connections are basically useless.

yep, I've got an R7800 and routinely pull 1.3gbit+ with ~30 active clients. 2ms ping average.

it's not as cheap as wired obviously, but the latency and speeds are there.

>muh pings
e/v/in Cred Forumsros

>He thinks ethernet cables are absolete
>He thinks he can run massive server setups without atleast Ethernet Cables

Next thing he's gonna tell us is that Internet Is obsolete and AD-Hoc network is the next best thing.

Except OP didn't say anything about AC. I did.

802.11n runs either 20mhz or 40mhz @ 2.4 or 5GHz.

But even with AC wave 2 (80/160) I'm still not going to swap to something slower than 10G for server interconnects.

Who said server interconnects also 10g copper is old hat

best bring the clippers to the datacenter then, lots of obsolescence

>mfw I run my 400 corporate wireless and 100-1000 user guest wireless on 10 year old Cisco Aironets running 802.11g

WORKS FOR ME

Nah.

On 2.4ghz N i usually get around 55mbit max.

On AC i can definitely max my 275mbit though im im the same room as the router

>People didn't get OP's joke

Only thing that has a chance of replacing Ethernet is Li-Fi.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li-Fi

>

oh fuck, webm guy is gonna come in and replace your gif.

right on time, gif replacer guy

For 100mbps connections sure. However for 1gbps and up 802.11n falls short of the mark. Even 802.11ac doesn't Mach up to 1gbps 802.3 because of the half duplex nature of wireless communication.

Wireless is garbage for anything beyond basic streaming and web browsing. All of it experiences packet loss beyond what you'll get with a proper ethernet connection & cannot be guaranteed because it is susceptible to interference from anything and everything.

wat

h-hi guys

The connectors for those are expensive AF. you're better off getting a 10gbps switch + 4 port NIC.

OS X's actual UI looks like 90s crap fucked a bad tumblr theme

That's why mac users all post their riced terminals with pretty wallpapers and little else, save maybe a dock with ugly icons to prove they were able to cough up the extra $200 to upgrade from a used thinkpad to a used RMBP on ebay. To distract from the fisher price meets UNIX worskstation design.

>tfw when "it just werks" could have been

>N
if you had said AC I at least wouldn't disagree with you.
but N is dogshit for anything but casual use on most devices. The only device that I've used with usable wireless N are macbooks, and that's only because the N in them performs just as well, if not better than some of the AC devices I have.

i wonder which manufacturer will have the COURAGE to remove the rj45 port

Yeah, because a Hub makes a switch obsolete.

Thanks for sharing your masturbation fantasy with us.
But Cred Forums isn't Cred Forumsay.

wired internet will always outperform wireless no matter kind of wireless we're talking about.

Why?
Because air is an insulator, electric impulses (how modems communicate) will ALWAYS travel faster trough a metal base.

*cough* apple *cough*
>They even removed the headphone jack from their phones...

>he thinks a Gigabit router which can do a Gigabit per port is slower than an 11n router that only has 450Mbps of maximium bandwidth split across all the connections
>look at him, look at him and laugh

in 2020 new datacenters will no longer have servers
instead they will contain clusters of smartphones

>Hello G-
>Snaps

Oh well.

>Clusters of smarthphones
>Subpar R/WR Speeds
>Massive Upkeep with units not lasting 24/7 hours because batteries explode
>Phones Going Offline because they can't sync their time fast enough and their wifi packets go all over the place

Next thing you're going to say is that Clouds in the sky are the "Cloud Servers" of the internet.

The joke is that phone ARM SoC are more advanced than ARM Server SoCs. Literally the only thing the phone SoCs are missing is a sata port and an gigabit ethernet port. The ARM server manufacturers are too retarded to just put 8 or 16 A72 cores on their SoC which already have two 10gbit ethernet and sata ports integrated in the SoC.

Dude nothing beats a psychical wired connection, NOTHING!

how many devices use MEME-O anyway
only have seen it on Acer laptops for some reason

Problem with ARM SoC's is that everything is coded for X86 and AMD64 and porting it all to ARM is a pain in the ass plus adding that to the fact that you still have to migrate all servers and you have a major shit ton of work.

And even then the only advantage you get is less space used by SoC's and Lower power consumption because performance wise they are inferior to both intel and AMD's platforms.

somebody want to think in the "security"?

And yet it's still better than anything wireless has to offer. Even GbE is because it's full duplex.

This must be some kind of bait

*connection interrupted*

sorry but wireless will always be shit compared to wired speed has fuck all to do with it

It's not better than gigabit senpai

>2016
>wireless
>he fell for the gigabait