Mfw Apple are running out of ideas, they are getting desperate

Mfw Apple are running out of ideas, they are getting desperate.

>No audio jack

Probably an idea written by Steve Jobs on some scrap paper and thrown under his desk.
Tim Cook is so desperate that he is using all of Jobs's old ideas, no matter how crazy they were.
Apple is done, they will be dethroned by the other brands in a few years.
Steve Jobs was a tech genius and also a marketing one, those retards running Apple now can't handle that responsability. It's done, over.

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2016/09/review-apple-airpods/
bgr.com/2016/09/16/iphone-7-sales-increase-popularity-reasons/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What would be put into production if someone used your discarded ideas, Cred Forums?

k

Was the Apple Watch a Jobs idea? I really hope not.

Preinstalled Gentoo laptops

>responsability
>calling others retards with this level of intelligence

fsadfsad fsadf as asdf as

Doing really risky things like removing the headphone jack when you could just as well play safe is not exactly a sign of desperation, but rather a sign of confidence.

Besides, people are saying this for five years in a row, Apple is doomed and finished, running out of ideas, desperate etc. I don't really see it and I especially don't see how other manufacturers are doing any better. At least whatever Apple does mostly sticks, whereas most of other manufacturer's features simply never get used at all and end up as some long forgotten buggy setting n the preferences menu.

Willingly shooting yourself in the foot is also a sign of confidence.

>projecting this hard

Today we laugh

Next year we all wear one.

Checked
But really, look at the iPad mini, or the iPad Pro (15 in). Pretty bad design. Camera bumps, massive bezels, same phone shape over and over. Apple Pencil, Magic Mouse charging, battery cases. Apple is nowhere as good as when jobs was alive

>Steve Jobs is a genius!!!!!

How much did the Macintosh sell? What about the Lisa? Stop slurping cocks OP

COURAGE

Yea I did like the original iPad but the new iPads just aren't appealing. There not even really advertised I see more android tablets on the rise then iPads.

Is the G3 lite any good? I heard it's laggy as fuck.

Am I the only person who thinks the air pods are interesting. Not saying there great or UHMAZIN just interesting. I personally don't mind apple headphones so if they could at least match that functionality I.e. Call quality, what basic sound quality they have and the supposed battery life. They are very expensive but I think are a compelling product.

Steve jobs is given way too much credit

He was an excellent businessman but he didnt invent shit

It feels weird that they are dropping the audio jack, but I think that we'll mostly be using bluetooth (or it's successor tech) headphones in ~4 years.

As long as the rest of the tech stack (windows laptops, android phones) keep up and Apple don't try to shift from bluetooth to something proprietary that they control I'll be okay with it.

>listening music in bluetooth
ugh

Two headphone Jacks

>Preinstalled Gentoo ThinkPads
FTFY

digital is digital

>we
no

Only reason is to Push Apple pay outside the US.

>ends up pushing everyone to google wallet instead

ayylmao

Honestly we should have had wireless headphones for the last 10 years at least.
I never knew why they werent a thing.

because audio quality fucking blows and I'm not even an audiophile
because fuck having to charge yet another device

No it's not and you didn't sound smart, sorry.

the audio jack is the oldest piece of tech on a phone. it's also the one never meant to be placed on a mobile device. there is a reason why they always break.

lossy is lossy

People tried wireless headphones 10 years ago, decided they were shit, and haven't tried any since.

Who's included in "we?" Because I sure as hell am not.

You are beyond retarded.

Because not being able to listen to music because your headphones aren't charged is an incredibly retarded situation to find yourself in. Wireless headphones are a neat idea but the sound quality and more importantly battery life aren't there yet. 5 fucking hours per charge? Great, they're not even good for one day of use.

>Audio quality blows

They break? What breaks exactly?

Same exact thing Betamax, VHS, Floppy and every other obsolete technology user has said.

If you don't want to advance, then no one will support your dated technology.

Out if all the things that have gone wrong with every smartphone ive owned, the headphone jack was never one

clearly don't exercise because if they did they would know BT headphones are superior.

>Apple earphones break
>30$ to replace for brand name, even less for 3rd party
>Earpods break
>150+$

Never had that happened to me in the many years I've owned a phone. But then again, I don't seal myself off from my surroundings like an autist.
I work out six times a week.

Anything can be broken when you handle all your possessions like you're a fucking ape

Remove a feature without offering something in exchange to increase your profit in another branch of business. fanboys defend it as an improvement. Stupidity.
Kek

The only other company that gave a shit about really making hardware high quality was IBM and they no longer make anything. Lenovo has NOT carried on this tradition, their products are just more cheap crap with higher prices.

Thinkpads and Macs came from totally different design philosophies but both were created by people with attention to detail who refused to cut corners for a bit of extra profit. They demanded the absolute top quality components from their suppliers and had amazing quality control.

Then they both started compromising quality for profit and look what we have today.

>The only other company that gave a shit about really making hardware high quality was IBM
Sun, sgi, hp, Siemens, Fujitsu, Dell... Just take a look at the workstation series - don't buy consumer shit.

Old sony was top notch

Yeah, i think apple should have designed a wireless system specially designed to stream PCM audio (through the 5GHz band) instead of just removing the headphone jack. Bluetooth was never meant for Hi-Fi (even the specification says Hi-fi audio was never considered)

>sun, sgi
They dont make their custom systems anymore.

"gave" is past tense.

Their old CRT televisions were good. PlayStation 1 and 2 are legendary. I never owned anything else they made. Walkman is historically important but before my time.

>I never owned anything else they made
They were THE SHIT quality wise in:
TVs
Stereo systems/home cinema
Consoles
Cameras/Video recorders (they still are some if not the best right now, maybe ahead of Canon)
Everything portable: phones, walkmans, mp3 players, minidiscs, whatever
Radios
Laptops
Etc

is that a butt plug?

>IBM and they no longer make anything
For faggot consumers, no, because consumers have no money.

>Mfw trolls are running out of ideas, they are getting desperate.
Fixed.

>it doesn't even fit right

>iBabies have to buy a leash

My girlfriend is a huge mac fangirl she even convinced be to try mac for the first time a couple years ago. She doesn't want an iPhone 7 she calls apple a meme now.

>$200 + tip

>courageous
Capitalists are using sjw-ism to sell shit now.

now instead of having to keep track of 1 set of earbuds i have to keep track of earbud 1, earbud 2, and a charging pack.

$200
way more features than just "bluetooth earbuds"

get fucked shill

Dual CPU motherboards for commercial desktops using Skylake chipsets.

Removing the 3.5mm jack from the picture is an incredible idea and will advance us towards the wireless world we all seek. Apple 'pushed' the industry in the right direction with this decision so that superior technologies can be developed and outdated, useless, and complicated ones can be lost to history.

I don't think that Apple's replacement for the 3.5mm jack was a good one necessarily, but I'm surprised to see so many people defending it. It's a shitty connector in need of a modern replacement and it's insane that it's survived as long as it has.

>Apple is done, they will be dethroned by the other brands in a few years.

You vastly over-estimate the average consumer friend.

a god damn FM radio

>the wireless world we all seek
I don't want to be a part of that world.

>Wireless
>Unreliable
>Have to go through a bunch of shit with syncing it
>Have to worry about batteries
>More expensive
>Nothing to gain

>Wired
>Plug it in
>It just werks

>Steve Jobs was a tech genius
kek

So, Chromebooks?

Are you fucking kidding?
Wireless is the way everything is heading. Is it premature? Probably, but why does it matter? The fact that you even care about a choice one company made about one product is ridiculous. Gtfo Cred Forums. Go back to whatever consumer electronics board you came from.

i've never had a problem with them.

There is literally nothing wrong with the 3.5mm jack.

Transmission and playback of analogue audio hasn't changed in a very long time.
Don't fix what isn't broken.

you are a fucking retard.

let me tell you im a dumbass who has dropped my phone so many fucking times that its technically not a phone anymore as the mic is busted and no one can hear me, the camera is dead, the battery randomly shorts out and restarts the phone. it overheats all the fucking time.

but yet the audio jack works 10/10 all day.

also the ir for using it as a remote still works too

Ok ok we get it, you're poor and angry, no need to take it out on us

Jobs was against wireless headphones actually

>"Steve Jobs once argued with me about doing wireless earbuds," The Verge's Walt Mossberg recalled. "'You want yet another thing to charge?' he said."

Also the design of their products has taken big steps back after he died. iPhones look ugly and clunky and Jony Ive clearly can't be bothered to put in the extra effort any more, that fat fuck.

No he wasn't. It was the other Steve. Jobs was just a dictator. And he never bathed.

You've never had issues with jacks starting to make static noise when the plug turns or a little pressure applied? Or with one of the sides dying? Or with lint and shit getting stuck in the stupidly deep jack slot?

Sure, there's no issue with quality, but the design of the 3.5mm jack is pure shit. We can do better than that: smaller, more durable, less prone to lint clogging/static issues/etc.

Sides were misplaced

ive never had any of that shit happen

maybe you should learn to take care of your stuff

I do. My computers and phones look almost new even after years of use. I might drop my phone once or twice per year, if even that often. Despite that, 3.5mm has caused me trouble in the past in ways that newer connectors never have.

>it's an apple waits for other companies to innovate then claims credit for it episode

It's nice that you faggots are finally coming around to that.

The real thing that has baffled people is why there aren't two lightning ports

b..but.. there's nothing to catch the loop on the bottom of the airpods..

>Consoles
Consoles were one of Sony's weaker lines. Shit CD drives on the PS1, Shit DVD Drive on the PS2 Fat, YLOD on the PS3. They also look like cheap plastic compared to other stuff that Sony makes.

>Earbombs

It's not like they're the first pair of Blue tooth earbuds on the market.

because there's no way to make that not look goofy, and apple is convinced that wires will mostly be a thing of the past in another 3-5 years

>describing technology with the word magic
Well that just says it all, really.

>google wallet users double to 20

Apple is more profitable under Cook than under Jobs.

I don't care though. Who the fuck comes to this board and uses apple?

Don't Apple include earphones with all their iPhones? Won't most people have these and wank over them?

Why's there been such a backlash?

>what is friction

this, even as obscure as Apple Pay is (outside of SF at least), Android Pay is elder god hipster tier by comparison

This

Yes, Apple includes earbuds that work with nothing but Apple products. How is that not reason for backlash? Not to mention you need an adapter to use basically any other pair of headphones in existence. The adapter's included too but should not be necessary

These won't be included.

A pair will set you back a cool £159 or your regional equivalent.

lightning earbuds are bundled with iPhone 7s

Custom laptop parts, like desktops
Think about it: choose your shell, screen size, everything, upgrade parts as better parts become available.

And user's talking about the unbundled Bluetooth AirPods.

It's true anyway, audio over Bluetooth sucks

>no way to make that not look goofy
wat nigga it would look fine with two lightning connectors at the bottom, or one at the top and one at the bottom, and it would be a hell of a lot more elegant than that dongle hub thing they want us to use

>appel is convinced that wires will be a thing of the past in another 3-5 years
I continue to be surprised that people will take this sort of thing in their stride.

Honestly the lack of 3.5mm jack is the reason why I'm not buying an iPhone 7, I'll wait to see if they bring it back for the iPhone 8, or I'll have to change to another phone because I actually do use headphones while I'm charging my phone from time to time.

Yeah I was. With all the big fuss I thought these were their main earphones now. So the ones included with the iPhone have a cable? That makes all their marketing for the Bluetooth ones sound a bit silly desu

It's less about reason for backlash and more surprise because generally people enjoy Apple's stuff and we all know the earpods will probably still sell like hotcakes

>sound quality

>So the ones included with the iPhone have a cable?
Yes, iPhones come with wired earbuds using Lightning instead of the 3.5mm jack.

>So the ones included with the iPhone have a cable?

A propreiatery lightning cable no less.

So not only are they meh quality, they also take up the only accessible port on your device.

In the process killing and monopolising a whole shedload of devices that relied on the headphone jack - thermal cameras, payment devices etc.

They ship with a Lightning to 3.5mm adapter for people who use real headphones, I see no reason why non-headphone products wouldn't work as well.

>implying wireless is not outdated (been around for decades), complicated, and useless

>In the process killing and monopolising a whole shedload of devices that relied on the headphone jack - thermal cameras, payment devices etc.
That was always a bad hack. I'm surprised those survived as long as they did.

>Who the fuck comes to this board and uses apple?
Chicks and chicks with dicks. IOW, typical aPPLE users.

Replacing it with your own patented proprietary connection is a dick move though.

I'd be somewhat more on board if they had gone with usb type-c 3.1 port instead, but they are a bunch of money hungry kikes.

Shame really, I always imagined Apple would come up with the really big innovations back in the day when it was just Jobs spouting crazy ideas and having a shitload of money to make em happen.

Me. OS X's pretty great.

>I'd be somewhat more on board if they had gone with usb type-c 3.1 port instead
Holy fuck when will this meme die. If anything, you should wish the Lightning connector was adopted for all mobile devices, since it's not a piece of shit like USB-C.

Doubt it. It was on the market beforehand, it was probably Cook copying the competitors.

>you should wish the Lightning connector was adopted for all mobile devices

Why, so Apple can essentially control the entire peripherals market? No thanks.

I'd rather a piece of shit D-sub port from the 90's over that nightmare.

>Why, so Apple can essentially control the entire peripherals market? No thanks.
So the world finally a fucking durable connector for their phones.

You're are almost correct. Steve Jobs was no genius he gathered all the ideas from other companies and then he made his own model, slapped apple on in and then he presented it as something new.

The problem is Tim Cook is not a piece of shit like Steve, he wants to play it fair and that will bring Apple down.

>So the world finally a fucking durable connector for their phones.
>usb type-c 3.1 isn't durable
What?

No, USB-C is not durable. It's designed basically identically to the USB Micro B, but reversible.

So how is it not durable?

You didn't post a face?...

>I'd be somewhat more on board if they had gone with usb type-c 3.1 port instead, but they are a bunch of money hungry kikes.
But then everybody would be angry at Apple for making the tons of lightning stuff they already own useless.

check this out Cred Forums

Relax. The jack is gone but you get an adapter until you can afford wireless headphones.

Will Samsung follow? They usually do.

But then whats the reason being wireless?

>same phone shape over and over.
This is really the biggest problem. I can't believe the industry hasn't moved beyond rectangles.

We NEED triangular phones.

No cable tethering you to the phone.

Literally the same way Micro B isn't.

HTC must be stupidly courageous everyday

So then your just add more shit to be connected to so you don't loose your earbuds.....wouldn't it be easier to just loose one more thing to carry by adding a heardphone jack so you won't be carrying so much shit?

BT headsets have long existed b4 apple even thought of earpods

Headphone to wireless adapter does the same thing without springing $170 for something you'll lose one of in a couple of months.

I've never had any problems with micro USB. How has it failed you before?

when the reviews are out and they are shown to not fall out of the ears in normal use, What else will you be able to complain about?

>but muh expensive!
comparable to most bluetooth headphones
>but they look UGLY
they look different to other headphones while retaining the apple look. personal preference
> muh sound quality!
if jaybirds sounded good how bad could these possibly be?

>shit battery life
>needing to charge your fucking headphones

C O U R A G E
O
U
R
A
G
E

The carrying case doubles as a charger. You can easily store the charging case in your pocket and put your headphones there when not in use and have them charged when you take them out again.
If you need more than four hours battery life in a single charge (you take a trans atlantic fright every day) you should consider something more comfortable than earbuds.

interesting theory, but just threw it under my desk

>needing to charge your headphones
>headphone battery life is so shit you need to carry a power bank that only works for them
Top fucking kek

5 hours is decent for bluetooths that small.
again jaybirds are 4 hours tops.(I own these for working out)
apple has siri built in and work seamless across apple devices.
I'm not defending apple at all but these look very tempting if you have an iphone.

Size is irrelevant, even if they were somehow smaller than your dick it's still not decent battery life for headphones. My current headphones have never run out of battery once, and I can guarantee they never will. Call me when there's a Bluetooth set that can accomplish that.

> Being a wires cuck
top kek

>not including headphones
>making me go buy a $9 chink bluetooth headset
They're doing me a favor by doing that

>le epik cuck maymay
I see you have no rebuttal.

Does anyone remember when Apple actually made quality products that were expensive but worth it?

When their devices were actually good even if expensive?

Now you pay premium and get a phone with removed features.

> Been parroting the battery meme even after being shown it's a non-issue
> Complaining about memes
#vote4hillary amirite feelthebern i need a new bull for my wife

people refuse to move from where they are comfortable.

in 1 to 2 years bluetooth audio quality and battery life will double.

Apple will sell 100m iphones minus a jack this year. All headphone makers are already developing for wireless and lightning.

The 3.5mm jack is on borrowed time now.

If you liked the original iPods you need a Fiio X3ii
> Same form and layout
> Hardwhare clicky wheel to navigate menus
> Up to 256gb with external SD card
> Support for virtually every audio format you could come across
> Great audio and driving capabilities
Only downside is the terrible screen (think of the original 5 model before the 5.5) and some UI issues like no functional search function, but otherwise it's great.

>can't even last a single day of music playback
>non-issue

>in 1 to 2 years bluetooth audio quality and battery life will double.
Wonderful, so they'll sound as good as the earbuds I've had for years and I'll still have to charge them infinitely more often!

Why not just get a real iPod?

Case provides "up to 24 hours" of battery
Knowing Apple that will realistically supply around 20 hours. If 20 hours + 4 from the initial charge (advertised as 5). Sounds like 24 hours to me.
If you don't have access to a power outlet at least once a day you need to move out of africa.

Wait, so they're not giving people the bt headphones with the phone? The'll need to buy them separately?

>putting something in a case to charge it
>using them

This is kinda like saying my phone gets infinite battery life...I just have to charge it every night!

>Earpods break

They don't even need to break, people will lose them like crazy

>having to carry a power bank that only works for your headphones
>having to stop listening to music every 4 hours to recharge the abysmally low capacity batteries
>having to charge your headphones ever
You're either a shill or one of the blindest Apple fanboy's I've ever encountered. Possibly both.

why is it so ugly

>giving a fuck about how it looks

>Not a utalitarian

That's the ugliest piece of shit I've ever seen.

Those would be bulky af. People want portability.

If I'm paying more than $20 for it and it's something I use on a regular basis it'd better not look like ass. If it's cheap as dirt or spends most of its time sitting in a drawer somewhere it doesn't matter so much.

> Why not just get a real iPod?
No need to mod it to get external storage, more formats support out of the box without the need to rockbox it, cheaper than a classic+modding kit or premodded classic and doubles as a PC DAC/amp although this won't be useful for everyone.
Stop being a fucking girl. What do you care what your music player looks like? are you going to flaunt it in public like your rose gold iPhone or something, homo?

So basically you should get this if you're too lazy to spend 10 minutes on a trivial upgrade and insist on a 7th gen Classic instead of a 5th gen.

ok.

It looks like a mutated version of one of those 80's handheld TVs. I fucked fat bitches that looked better than that "thing".

Yeah, you should get this if you want a cheaper, similar solution without the hassle of modding and flashing rockbox.

>Stop being a fucking girl. What do you care what your music player looks like? are you going to flaunt it in public like your rose gold iPhone or something, homo?
I don't give two shits what others think. I want the things I use to look nice because it's pleasing and because I don't think that's unreasonable to ask of a mid-to-high-range device that I probably paid a lot of money for.

It's not cheaper than a 5th gen Classic though.

>how it is formed is more important than how it functions

please desist from this flawed thought process

iphone fag here

I also hate the idea. but I also never use the audio jack

but it is lame. I see no reason for it

Modular pc components so building a pc is almost exactly like building lego.

It's not as quite important but it shouldn't be ignored. It's possible to create devices that are both highly functional and beautiful. This is what's known as elegance.

A modern 12" 4:3 laptop

You like it up the ass don't you?

No, that seems to be more of a defining trait of Thinkpad-toting self-proclaimed utilitarians.

They're exceptionally rare though

>inb4 some pleb posts his latest macbook travesty

And Apple has hit that mark before, and more consistently than other companies. The MacBook Pro (before the latest thin redesign) and the MacBook Air (current version) are both incredible machines.

They just had to make the MBP thinner so we get soldered-on RAM and no ethernet port or battery indicator. MacBook which will almost certainly replace the MBA does not have enough connectivity despite Apple's insistence that wireless is good enough.

iMacs were good machines before they started gluing everything together so that it requires some car-windscreen suction cup crane robot to remove the front panel to access all the components inside.

I wish they had just kepy making the 13 and 15 inch MBP with new components every year. Everyone would be happy except ADHD-addled tech bloggers who only use Facebook and need their machines to look visually different every year so they can show off they have the latest model

>no ethernet port
I'm fine with this. No longer are you stuck with a measly Fast or Gig Ethernet port.

>Everyone would be happy except ADHD-addled tech bloggers who only use Facebook and need their machines to look visually different every year so they can show off they have the latest model
But that's part of Apple's success.
Optimize your machines for writing a few words at a Starbucks and you'll have the press selling the machines for you.

>steve jobs
>tech genius
All he ever did was abuse engineers and market the products they produced to women and fags. Steve sold fashion, not tech.

itt:
>muh jobs was a genius
>muh apple is shit now
>muh headphone jack
>muh aux in is gone
>muh airpods will get lost
>muh battery life

Does that not defeat the entire Point of Bluetooth?

Good, I hope they go back to the times they were actually good

this but with phones

>needing to carry a power bank that also needs to be charged
Ultra kek

Back when they concentrated on real PCs? I fucking agree. The sooner this smartphone fad dies, the better.

>implying I carry a power bank

Unfortunately, it's not going away. We have an entire generation that lives on their smartphones and has no idea what to do with a PC except to use it as an unusually clunky facebook machine.

Full power PCs are going to become a niche thing, used only by the tiny handful of the world population that are engineers, content producers, PC gamers, and hobbyists.

>Only reason is to Push Apple pay outside the US.

no, because apple pay is to make payment, not accept it.

> when the reviews are out and they are shown to not fall out of the ears in normal use, What else will you be able to complain about?
> muh sound quality!

a 5/10 review from wired, with a complaint about the sound quality being no better than the airpods included with any iphone 7 purchase. ouch.

wired.com/2016/09/review-apple-airpods/

Quick act surprised!

Nah, that's modern Apple.
Jobs knew how to do both. Now Cook just goes full on fashion product, removing features in order to make the phone 1mm thinner or whatever.

Being able to do stuff without having my wire snag is pretty nice. Also no dead buds. Won't deny though, the quality does suck when I'm using it.

>Way over the top pricing for a truly mediocre product

Never heard this story before

Apple is creating the FIRST EVER wireless headphones. How are they outdated? Fuck you.

an RS232 port

Name?

samsung gear iconx

My IE800s cost about $600 more than wireless headphones

The people that defend the jack removal. Let me say this, only up until apple annouced they are removing it you were JUST FINE with a jack.

Now its omgzzz 100 yr old techznololologee, killzz itt

If thats not bieng a Sheep idk what is.

Blue tooth is retarded, were going backwards with it. Its not there. your shitty battery life will make u hate it

First ever lmao, this guy

Baahhhhhhhh

i wanted an iphone 7 but im such a jew i don't think im going to buy one for resale value alone.

all these things like the hissing, the shitty audio dongle aren't going to make the iphone 7 a classic apple phone, like people still want iphone 5's and 5s's, who is going to want the iphone 7 when the 7s comes out? It's flawed.

>it_prints_money.PNG

fucking sick of you idiot kids walking around like deaf zombies staring at your fucking phone, we had walkmans too but we were smart enough to remove them while crosing the road or what have you. I hope you all get hit by a train

More is less, nigguh.

nobody wants a laptop damn near the size of a desktop
also you can pretty much already do that with the turbo gaymen laptops that use mxm gpus (since upgrading you cpu isn't as important nowadays)

Isnt bluetooth 4 with aptx hifi enough?

>go to a crowded place and make credit card transaction via bluetooth
the definition of an idiot. Nobody want to use it. Beside this, you can also use the adapter, but if you need to use it the whole day, you also need to charge your phone... It's still a shit solution.
Yeah... an how do merchants accept it?

Why would that be a discarded idea?

Whoosh.

we need a separate internet for desktop users that smart phones can't access

I don't give much fuck about the hardware being less common or whatever.
It's the webzones design that irks me to no end. The fucking white spaces on both sides and big ass clunky buttons. Fuck off!

the way people speak and the memes and the same content on every site is what gets to me the most, the tending topics shit that you can't get away from making each site less and less unique

because no one wants it

>Yeah... an how do merchants accept it?

in my local market no one uses those. they either have a chip and pin reader, a chip and pin reader and a separate paypass/paywave reader or an all-in-one chip/paypass/paywave device.

Right, but they eliminate the downsides of Bluetooth. Pairing is no longer a pain in the ass. I'm guessing future Macs will support the W1 chip, so if you start using your Mac, sound will be redirected to your AirPods. Then if someone calls you, the AirPods will switch back to your phone. You can't do this with traditional Bluetooth pairing.

The problem with Cred Forums is you guys don't like thinking about user experience with products. Most people will give up on a device if it gives them even close to hard time, and you guys would sooner call them retarded than try to identify weaknesses with the technology. There is tons of room to improve Bluetooth's user experience. AirPods will push the industry forward, along with the BT standard. BT headphones will finally be good. If you really can't identify what AirPods do differently from other products, or what W1 can offer, please reevaluate why you pretend to be interested in technology.

>If apple was democracy.png

Forgot to take your autism pills little Jimmy? Is that why you're making sounds nobody can understand?

are you me ?
I have a Galaxy S5
the mic on that phone is a joke tried cleaning it and ended up busting it

>Think about it: choose your shell, screen size, everything, upgrade parts as better parts become available.
no one wants to do that not even me and I'm slightly autistic

people do it with desktops every day

I would love to have some standards in place so that LCD panels are universally replaceable and Laptop BIOS aren't allowed to soft lock. It is bullshit.

Possibly. It may have been a rough concept when he died. Nothing close to what it is today though.

It is but the version out now isn't the one he conceived.

It was released in a hurry because of competitors releasing theirs.

>I'm guessing future Macs will support the W1 chip, so if you start using your Mac, sound will be redirected to your AirPods. Then if someone calls you, the AirPods will switch back to your phone.

i think it does this without the mac needing a special chip.

> The problem with Cred Forums is you guys don't like thinking about user experience with products. Most people will give up on a device if it gives them even close to hard time, and you guys would sooner call them retarded than try to identify weaknesses with the technology. There is tons of room to improve Bluetooth's user experience. AirPods will push the industry forward, along with the BT standard. BT headphones will finally be good. If you really can't identify what AirPods do differently from other products, or what W1 can offer, please reevaluate why you pretend to be interested in technology.

is the user experience really worth the dramatic price increase, especially considering the sound quality has been slated?

i'm more unimpressed by how hard it is to find good bluetooth headphones and identify the codecs that they support, rather than any superior user experience. the headphone manufacturers don't tend to advertise if they support aptx and/or aac in addition to sbc.

I member.

>is the user experience really worth the dramatic price increase,
Have you been shopping for name-brand earbuds lately? Apple's AirPods are cheap.

No they aren't.

I don't get why this is funny.

>implying the Apple brand is worth shit when it comes to headphones

I trust the quality of chink brands like KZ more than fucking Apple.

>Apple is done
>its all over
>no more innavashun
>nah not like when I said it in 2010 after the iPad unveiling
>no I MEAN IT THIS TIME

Nice opinions, neckbeard. Apple is a fucking juggernaut, they shift the entire industry, you're too much of a retard to see it.

>Steve Jobs was a tech genius and also a marketing one.
Only the latter is true.

Its 12" and how many times can a company re-do a rectangular touchscreen simplistic phone? You're like a child who has no idea what he wants.

KZ, Rock, Boarseman, Takstar..
Nihao, my negroid comrade.

>Apple's AirPods are cheap.

not in comparison to the earpods, which is what the airpods sound quality is like.

Not really worse than using words you don't understand, sweetie.

>Sneeze
>Earpod drops in the toilet

Jej

Are those not made for glasses?

Computer that scans your skin color. No niggers allowed. It also doesn't ship to you if you have a Jewish name, and if you visit Jewish sites system 32 deletes itself and fans stop working forever

Care to take a look at the crippled printers IBM made with absolutely no mechanical changes compared to their "top teir" printers but hobbled the printing capabilities with jacked up firmware? NO company is any kind of altruist. Used to be the exact opposite of tool manufacturers but now even the top tier brands are cutting corners.

It's useful as fuck. Get the fuck out

Or... Just use cable buds

>iButplug
No, that's the new AirPlugâ„¢ - Feel the vibe!

Everything is getting more powerful
Full power is going to be a supercomputer by today's standards

Will the next Macbook drop the 3.5 as well? I mean it wouldn't make a lot of sense to include it if they want to be slinging lightning earbuds and headphones.

The most annoying thing about this shit is that if you opt for lightning earphones, you can only use them for your iPhone. You're fucked if you need to plug it into your computer, stereo, tv etc. Or you could carry a female lightning to male 3.5 adapter which is hilarious.

I am looking to get a new phone next year and I'll probably have to get an Android if I want an audio jack. Any suggestions? I had a Samsung GS3 and I fucking hated it. Slow and unreliable.

Because it's not widescreen cancer

They couldn't fix their wires so they just removed it entirely

>>>/suicide/

>buy sampods
>put on my mixtape
>"save me allah"

>No scart
Dropped

No, it's a subwoofer. A subwoofer that is inserted rectally.

I'd buy it.

>they were actually good

Spotted the underage

lost

Disgusting

The iCube.
An Apple phone with a CRT display.

I don't understand people who want novelty in their technology. You know what a phone and a computer should do this year? The same things it did last year, but better/faster, and for less money. It needs to look the same unless there's a clear and obvious way to improve on it because I've learned the interface and workflow.

That picture is a joke but I swear there are people who have the attention span of goldfish who constantly have to change everything just for the sake of change. It wouldn't matter to me at all except for the fact that these people far out number sensible technologists which means they drag the market towards their retardation and away from the stability of sensible engineering practices.

I can't begin to imagine how much of an insufferable faggot the guy who made this is

Bluetooth is NOT retarded. I got a cheap pair of headphones for $30 and they're fantastic for running. I can keep my Phone tucked safely away instead of always risking a chance of it falling out of my pocket.

Apple straight up killing the headphone port is dumb but I'm convinced Bluetooth is very much the future for casual use.

He's trying to make a joke but it's just a strawman fallacy.

"Oh so you want a headphone jack? Well where would it end? You want Apple to put a floppy drive in the phone, too? Guess you're pretty stuck in the past!"

It's too expensive, it's battery limited, they are smaller so WILL be lost/damaged more often, and they add more technical complexity.

It's the opposite of everything consumers should want. If they want something different, they are WRONG. It's possible for people to now know what is good for them and this is one case.

But most people want a headphone jack. Most people are going to use traditional wired headphones with the adapter, stick with older iPhones, or switch to Android.

>implies in-ear audio is needed for exercise
>not having own exercise room
>not having decent audio system

I'd paid 5000 bucks any time for decent audio instead of 150 for shit i need to charge daily

No way

$30 is not expensive user. I easily get a day and a half use out of these and they're just very nice to have around outside.

I also see Bluetooth Neckbands all over the place nowadays so clearly the "technical complexity" is not that high.

The Airpods are a joke and same for the Beats shit, Apple needs to get the "W1" chip into impulse buy items but that's not a big deal for now. Most people know how to get their phone to work with the Bluetooth stereos in their newer cars.

Dragon Dildos

STEVE APPROVES!

>tfw Apple made a fucking trash can instead of rehashing the PowerMac G4 Cube

If it's a matter of trying to achieve a wireless audio breakthrough, then I'd like to provide a similar example of "confidence".

If i wanted my head to pass through a steel wall, and i was confident and determined enough, then I'd fuckin smash my head inti it until either i break through or until the atoms that make up my head eventually permeate the spaces between the atoms inside the steel wall, leaving it undamaged.
However, I would be dead.

That actually might have been cool.

just what I was thinking, looks exactly like it.
also
>courageous
wtf

back to Cred Forums. you intellectual mexican

mfw I don't care and the free market will decide who wins and loses

aptX is good enough for portable use. Bitrate is slightly above 320kbit/s for stereo - not gonna please the audiophiles but it's alright for smartphone + headphone combination.

There's also enhanced aptX and aptX lossless codecs, so those can be used for HiFi.

However, Apple does their own thing with audio. They use AAC codec for Bluetooth at around 250kbps. And they're pushing AirPlay for HiFi, which is roughly CD quality, so it's not lossless but whatever. The market for lossless/hifi audio is small, so Apple doesn't care

The 90s was actually kind of a clusterfuck.
You faggots think Apple is some kind of obsolescence king now, they often had over a dozen Mac models in production at any time, some on the market for mere months.
Plus they were selling printers, cameras, and the Newton.

>not getting the joke

It won't go away. Too convenient for basic users. Supply demand: as long as this exists this shit will keep happening. Is long as people are willing to spend what Apple are asking get use to this shit. Doesn't mean you have to join the apple army user.

I'm still not comfortable with having bluetooth/wireless tech pressed up against my head. I've always used a wired headset for making/taking calls.
Call me mad, but we are the guinea pig generation for this sort of stuff.

Already happened with some gaymen computer. I believe it was an ASUS one

Isn't it already like that? they just don't come encased in orderly plastic shells.

They don't break though

Unless your phone has shit build quality

Absolute madman

[citation needed]

>windows 10

Fuck off back to your safe space, nigger-loving millenial

The bragi dash beat them to it, and they would be the greatest mobile headphones ever if you didn't have to staple your phone to your forehead to keep the bluetooth from cutting out.

>needing music to workout

Now hold your bullshit SMA Chandler.

Music is SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN to increase adrenaline flow and reduce stress, which results in better workouts.

Post feet of your gf

Intel would murder anyone who would try doing that

>Walt Mossberg
SHALOM!!

>It's a shitty connector in need of a modern replacement
It's literally electrically optimal you dunce

>millennial that can't spell millennial episode
ugh, tired of this filler

The only thing they are confident about is their users being absolute retards which is a goos thing if you're Apple.

tibook G6.

Their hardware in the 90s was very interesting, but they were circling the drain until Steeb returned. They took a different direction in the late 90s and 2000s, but I still liked their hardware from then.

my nigga

I have two of those sitting under my bed waiting for there to be enough space for them.

>oh no, someone said nigger!
Fuck off back to /r/eddit.

so a vibrator?

I bet this would feel really fucking nice, too.

Can confirm. The audio jack on my iPhone 4 broke and it was a pain in the ass.

wtf I love steve jobs now!

How retarded can this board be?? Holy shit. Do you guys now that the iPhone 7 is now projected to be the best selling iPhone since the iPhone 4 (I think), seriously Apple is not going anywhere kek

bgr.com/2016/09/16/iphone-7-sales-increase-popularity-reasons/