Hypocrisy Thread

Am I the only one who sees the hypocrisy in pic related?

Yep.

Freedardism is like marxism. Only college kids think it makes sense.

Yes, you're the only one retarded enough.

Yes.

can you explain how those are hypocritical? they dont seem contradictory to me at all

Are you thinking above what the given information is like I am? Because when i read the right one I want to extend the thought with examples of people wanting an in between of both situations.

yes

Don't you just hate it when you're publishing a study and everyone's trying to get into your Facebook account?

I do.

>information must be free
>but google can't have free info
>censorship is bad!
>but google's actions must be censored

>information must be free
>but google shouldn't make money off mine

Do they really need to take you info when it's already in the open, like phone books and government?

Facebook would be a better comparison.

>right to privacy is the same as censorship
>your personal information is the same as information written in a book, an article or a post on a social network

Are you really this fucking retarded or just pretending

This whole family of memes is going too far.

theres a difference between personal information and information that should be public
but nice b8 m8

There's a difference between voluntarily spreading information and then putting copyright to it and stealing people's information just to advertise shit.

No. Transparency for groups and organizations, and privacy for the individual. There is nothing hypocritical about it because they're not the same thing or situation.

Transparency and privacy aren't mutually exclusive.

Governments and companies should be transparent. Private individuals should have the right to privacy.

This is not a hard concept, I don't know why ameritards fuck this up all the time by either fucking private individuals over or by giving companies too much.

Because we aren't the ones making the laws, the lobbyists are. However, we are trying to make the corruption illegal right now, though.

Lobbyism, at least to the degree you see in the US, is banned in most of the western world because it is borderline corruption.

I know that statement wasn't helpful, I'm just genuinely surprised how the US can function as a developed country and be an economic superpower when its legal and political system is broken beyond repair.

Not borderline, just full on corruption.

It's not broken beyond repair, we're actually in the process of repairing it.

It's just that for a long time the kinds of laws that were and weren't passed were being done in relatively sneaky ways by people with a lot of money, and so the average populace didn't have time to notice.

It also doesn't help that all of our news organizations are run by for profit companies that have absolutely no incentive to tell us about this shit.