Fuck iOS 10 and fuck iPhone 7

IOS 10 is extremely far from impressive, and the iPhone 7 isn't a justifiable purchase for everyone who enjoyed the previous iPhones. Since the gaming options are terrible, we're reaching a point where the camera is the most important spec, rather than the gfx card or CPU. That's probably why the camera has optical zoom, isn't it? Still, I could buy a decent digital camera for 700 dollars.

It's time to jump back to Android, especially with all the updates to the OS and middle-range phone options. Agreed?

Other urls found in this thread:

verizonwireless.com/landingpages/iphone/#trade-in
twitter.com/AnonBabble

iPhone 7 has the fastest mobile cpu and is fastest phone.

Shill detected.

everyone knows the S is the proper upgrade cycle to be on.

Giving a shit about apple, ever? The Donald Trump of electronics?

Its not even funny. It's just stupid. You're making everyone around you dumber by acknowledging its existence.

I can't believe I even gave enough of a shit to reply.

didn't you read my post? what do I need a CPU faster than my laptop for? all the bad videogames?

Guess I'll buy a 6S once they fix this ugly broken iOS 10.

but I feel like Android has become an even wiser choice in the last year or two.

when the previous iPhone generation goes on sale, its usually the best phone up for grabs, but maybe not this year.

Gaming on a phone. Lol.

I think this is the beginning of the end for phones. People are finally starting to see them as the useless fucking shit they really are.

Thank fuck. I've waited years for this era of sanity to come. Kill the fucking mobile phone fad now.

>gfx card
I want gamers to leave

Lots of people feel superior for using Windows and Android with no good explanation other than preferring it and being thrifty.

I mean you just called the company Donald Trump? What does that even mean?

Anyway I think they've really fallen behind in the last year or two. Androids are looking like a better option.

bruh that's also been established. There aren't any good games on a phone.

3/10 bait, here's a (You)

>the iPhone 7 isn't a justifiable purchase for everyone who enjoyed the previous iPhones.

You see heres the thing, most of us are using iPhone 6 or 6s. Maybe even 5 or 5s.

You do realize the iPhone 7 is literally free if you trade in an iPhone 6 or above right?

$650 credit for a 16 gb iphone 6.

Thats how its justifiable.

Even 5 and 5c owners get $400 credit....

$400 credit? I was offered like $150 credit for my 5S 16GB.

Straight from Verizons website.

iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus are eligible for promotional value of $650. iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C and iPhone SE are eligible for promotional value of $400

This is an insane deal for anyone with an iPhone 6 or less.

iOS 10 is a definate step backwards in my opinion. I've been using it and it''s become a lot more convoluted and awkward to use. When you slide up to access the sub-menu or whatever in an app, to change your music, you have to make another swipe, and then you can pause/stop/change it. Notification tab/bar is the same way. More complex and not as fluid to use.

There's no long swipe to unlock, you have to tap the button to unlock the phone, and it's awkward with the 6.

The no-headphone jack thing was a deal-breaker for me. I'm going back to my Xperia after this gives up the ghost. Maybe Apple will come to their senses and enable iMessage on android.

oh, through carriers. I see. the purchase is worth it if a.) you trade in your new phone, b.) you're using a carrier that offers $400 back, and c.) you're still on board with the direction iOS is going in. none of those are me.

Nobody is giving that kind of credit.

I don't like any of the "upgrades" except the removal of the news clickbait to the left. I'm pretty sure the update is just to complement the new look of the iPhone 7 and cater to the frequent facebook users who prefer iphones.

trade in old iPhone I mean

>you trade in your new phone

What? You can buy whatever one on eBay from any carrier and trade it in for the credit. Most people trading in are trading iPhone 6 16 gb for max trade value ($650). Thats insane.

iOS 10 is an improvement, to me. It is different but people will have different opinions.

I have all of my friends on my Verizon account, it makes it super cheap for all of us and now we get to relish in the free new iPhone 7's.

You are VERY misinformed.

Does half of Cred Forums live in a bunker with only 2800 baud access?

verizonwireless.com/landingpages/iphone/#trade-in

Not only is verizon doing a trade deal, so T-Mobile and AT&T and maybe even Sprint.

>iPhone 7 is nearly identical to the 6
>Wow they're giving me so much for the new one what a steal!

this guy always knows what he got for Christmas **before** he unwraps the present

parents HATE HIM

find out how you can figure out what is inside of anything by looking at the outside of it.

>Android users are thinking about jumping to iOS if the Pixel doesn't restore faith
>iOS users thinking about switching to Android because the iPhone 7 isn't a big enough upgrade

what a shitty meme

It is a literal free upgrade and the iPhone 7 differs significantly over the iPhone 6.

Are you just jealous or what?

How can you be salty when its free?

the new operating system is a slightly jumbled version of the last one, and the unlock mechanism is now a pain in the ass unless you have their newer phones.

you speak from your anus

When I say 'people' note that Cred Forums isn't the only smartphone market user.

iPhone is the world's most popular camera, and 99% of phone games are shit. Apple caters to what most people want as opposed to maxing out the number of features

>buying fruity toddler toy trash
>ever

>get offered shittier product
>refuse

omg user why the fuck are you so salty it's free fuck sake

this """""war""""" between android phones and apple phones is 100% redundant

they're both shit, it literally doesn't matter which one you pick

go shill samsung some other place

Is the G3 Lite a good tablet? I heard it's really laggy?

ayy lmao

What does that leave? Blackberry? The Razr?

The case and os skin do look like shit

Don't listen to shills.
Jailbroken iphone is a still the best choice.

>JB iPhone is still better

>rooting your iPhone to make it like android

Why not just buy an android phone at that phone?

mobile phones aren't the problem, it's the fact that so many people want different things, and all businesses want is to make money. It's understandable.

I think that half the reason that Apple upgrades chips is to make a more bloated iOS, so that people will feel the need to upgrade, because muh ecosystem.

We need a linux of mobile OS, not android (that usually sucks and comes with a shitty skin from the manufacturer or comes with TouchJizz) and not iOS (which is equally bad). just a light OS that doesnt do that much for the phone.

Get an xz

You are retarded.
Pic related

Why hasn't someone developed a Linux for smartphones yet?

I choose iphone, only because of better specs and design actually.
I brought iphone4 one week after release, still using it today, 6 years later. Didn't fell for firmware update meme (still using 5.1.x), so never had any problems with it.
Planning to switch to iphone7 pretty soon.

This isn't 2010 Apple user. The original iPhone and iOS was great. I don't know anyone who jb with the latest iPhones.

Because it is your job.
Go, user

apple will never, never, ever enable iMessage on anything but apple devices, and I don't blame them. iMessage is literally one of the main things keeping me on iOS, bitches love blue bubbles

Literally every carrier has a free trade-in.

>t. iCuck

I was an Android person for many years, due to the customization, root access, etc. Also tried iPhone for a while, and I'm familiar with Macs. After years of seeking the "best" (entertainment) device, I decided it was time for something more in tune with my needs, instead of wants. I tried the BlackBerry Z10. Turns out, this was the last phone I'd ever want to own. I upgraded to the Z30, but the screen was too large for use with one hand. After running my first BlackBerry 10 OS device, the Z10, I will never return. I loved it so much, that I bought two spares. Sure, BlackBerry marketing dropped the ball, but they achieved greatness with this OS. If you're in the market for a smartphone that doesn't keep your eyes glued to the screen, then consider it. I've noticed just how many people are glued to their screens, by spending less time on mine. It's not an entertainment device. It's a smartphone. IPhone...well, I don't see paying that much, just to have it considered "obsolete" the following year. Per BB, they say the updates will continue to roll out.

>Agreed?
Agreed.

Still slow as fuck with the stupid iOS animations. Enjoy your shit.

This.

I loved this phone.

Ubuntu phones are available. Android IS a flavor of Linux (By Google)

>animations have been sped up and are cancelable

hurr durr

at least use ios before you try to talk shit

He's right though. iMessage is the last reason to own an iPhone at this point.

>cancelable
You can't turn them off without a jailbreak. Show me the iOS 10 settings page where you can toggle animations off.

>at least use ios before you try to talk shit
I have a dozen iPhones. I have 2 of the SE models right in front on me.

gaming options? dafuq are you talking about? why would i want to game on a fucking phone

>more complex
more complex maybe to someone who's retarded

Ehhh Tmobile is giving me an iPhone 7 for free if I give them my 6S, why the fuck not. They'll probably just sell my old phone to some poor person, it's a win win basically.

>Agreed?
No. Still not worth jumping Android. iOS 10 is sweet and iPhone 7 is meh but will likely get one.

reduce motion in accessibility section?

I'm surprised more people aren't angry about getting back into the 2 year contract cycle.

Still considering sending in my 6.

there already is it's called luneos

I don't really mind... If I had a contract with Sprint or Verizon I'd probably think twice.

>>It's time to jump back to Android, especially with all the updates to the OS and middle-range phone options. Agreed?
Absolutely not. iOS at its worst is still better than Android at its best.

I say this as a consumer and a developer. Developing for Android is frustrating, forcing you into Java with halfassed support for C/C++ via NDK. By comparison developing for iOS is as smooth as silk, letting me use any combination of C, C++, Objective-C, and Swift.

I'm sure your babby shit angry birds clone app will get successful someday, iToddler.

I have to agree, iOS is just overall a more polished professional OS compared to Android. It just feels better, like a smooth as butter experience compared to that choppy laggy Android OS.

Don't worry, I have no grand delusions of striking it rich peddling my own app. No, instead I let other companies take that role and pay me to write their apps for them. I make $130k/year and have only worked as an iOS dev for about two years at this point.

Sure you do, basement dweller iFaggot. Real people with real jobs use and develop for Android.

Is Swift that good?

I feel like trying it out with Swift 3 coming out.

Cancelable animations means you can cancel an animation, not that you can turn them off completely.

If you, for example, begin to open an app, or open a folder, you can quickly cancel out of it by tapping elsewhere on the screen or pressing the home button.

iOS 10 made it much more responsive.

Yes, yes it is. You should try it out for yourself, you will be very pleased.

>Real people with real jobs use and develop for Android
Not even close.

You wish. I live in Silicon Valley and Android is barely an afterthought here. Apps are first written for iOS by well-paid US citizens, and if it finds success THEN maybe the company will outsource an Android clone of the iOS app out to India or eastern Europe somewhere. The only place you'll find full time Android devs is at the supergiants like Google and Facebook.

Like any language it's no cureall – it still has its flaws. It's pretty damned good though. Swift + UIKit are extremely good for consumer app development.

>fast fone

Droid Turbo 2 is pretty okay except that it's Verizon. Can't remember what the non Verizon model is called. Costs about as much as an iPhone but holy macaroni this battery just won't quit. Twice I've gone 48 hours without charging my phone, but mostly I just go 24 hours. I charge it up in the morning when I wake up and by the time I leave it's 100%.

That makes it slower.

Every phone does this. Do you know the difference between animations and opening apps? Turning off animations makes the devices 100x faster, not whatever horse shit you're spewing.

>iNiggers defend a shitty OS

hey Cred Forums what's the name of those cheap chinese phones that starts with an x?

>/csg/

Kinda unrelated but is anyone else bothered by the fact that every single person in the new AirPods page is black?

You can just buy sub 200 dollars ipod touch 6 or buy a mac(which Androd can uses to send imessages with PieMessage) if you care so much about imessaages.

oh yeah the xiaomi thanks

Black skin contrasts well with the white Air Pods. Additionally, anti-white liberalism is popular right now, so it's an excellent marketing decision.

>Since the gaming options are terrible
So what do you want to be if you ever grow up OP?

don't see why you'd buy one if you were coming from an iphone 6s, but the cpu, gpu and camera performance is top class.

i won't jump back to android. such a shitshow.

no.

Kek.

So when the ad is of two generic white people is that Anti spic liberalism? Get real Cred Forumsfag

They lead in overall performance, but the overall user experience is starting to get boring to me.

>using android

KEK

>choppy laggy android os
Are you living in 2010?

>It's time to jump back to Android
wtf your funeral buddy

>he uses iFagOS

Sure worth that 200 guys. Could sell it on ebay for double. Where are these good trade-ins you speak of?

God you're autistic literally everyone knows that all the carriers offer free iPhone 7 with trade in of iPhone 6 or above.

Again, does Cred Forums live under a rock?

Literally on every major carriers website...

It's like you guys stsy locked up inside only shitposting on Cred Forums with no real idea of what's happening around you.

To get the clutch trade in deal, you must trade for an iPhone 7 with one of the major carriers. You do not get $650 cash, it gets applied as a credit to your phone bill once monthly over 24 months.

Nobody fucking cares, you piece of shit iShill.
If you're on Cred Forums, you should kill yourself if you own any Applel iProduct.

"cycles" are for fucking poor people.

Holy shit. Is this underage backwards retard the average poster here?

Hahaha fuck you from the bottom of my heart you looser NEET piece of garbage.

Fuck you too, you bastard gay piece of shit fucker.

why the fuck would you even play games on a phone

>we're reaching a point where the camera is the most important spec, rather than the gfx card or CPU.
to me personally the camera always WAS the most important spec, that's why I bought a LG G4

So I have to get cucked into a contract damn but thanks for the info

>free
For the cheap price of keeping you on their 90$ plan for 2 more years! Have fun selling your souls :)

How so?

>Lots of people feel superior for using Windows and Android with no good
explanation other than preferring it and being thrifty.

Idk wtf "thrifty" means. But android is a power tool for users on Cred Forums. A tool for power users. Put it simply its for those that understand technology and want to fully utilize it without complete retarded restrictions. Same for windows besides linux

>I mean you just called the company Donald Trump? What does that even mean?

It mean a big ass attention whore and basically thats viewed for bieng a remarkable staple within our society for no good reason.

They arnt technologically advanced as much as you think.

0.50 shekels have been deposited. Thank you for correcting the wrong!

>He's right though. iMessage is the last reason to own an iPhone at this point.
I know no one who uses that shit. Everyone here just uses Whatsapp.

>offer free iPhone 7
>free
You are literally retarded.

There hasn't been any reason to upgrade any smartphone over 2 years old with at least 2gb RAM besides battery life.

>Kill the fucking mobile phone fad now
>mobile phone fad
>over 40 years
>fad
>natural progression communications being fixed at home to mobile communications
>fad

Leave this place and never come back, you utterly fucking retarded cunt. Can someone tell me what the fuck is going on with this board? Why am I seeing progressively more retarded statements? This isn't YouTube comments.

>I am only interested by new designs and nothing else really matters

How many times can you re-do a fucking rectangular touchscreen phone? Are you a teenager? Apple's not going to ever change much from the 4/5/7 body shapes, they'l continue using elements of each in the future.

I might get one when you can jailbreak it. Without jailbreak there's no real reason to choose iphone over android at this point except if you're already heavily invested in the ecosystem.

what about being able to sleep at night knowing your phone isnt rooted (not by you)

Nice bait

It is free.... yes the payments come in over 2 years but but you are nit under any "contract". You also get a $20 a month discount with Verizon,

What $90 plan you autist?

4gb plan is $50 base, plus $20 for each smartphone assuming you are on payment plan, which with the trade in deal with Verizon you would be.

You use your .edu address to get your university's Verizon discount of 20% so the base rate is now $40.

$40 + $20. That's how much it would be for unlimited everything and 4gb of data. That's $60 a month.

Apple is ditching that "cycle" next year.