glassdoor.com/Salary/Facebook-Software-Engineer-Salaries-E40772_D_KO9,26.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

UAT

>going to (((university)))
lmao

underrated post desu
/thread

Ayy lmao

A thread created for only purpose to throw shit at everyone who studies in a Uni other than your.

I used to see pic related as good. But it's literally the same shit that everyone else teaches. The only reason they have a reputation at all is that they try to pretend to be an ivy league by only allowing the top 10% of applicants into the CS program.

>professional network
Yeah, I guess that's a plus too. But, when over 90% of potential majors get rejected, it becomes a giant revolving dick sucking train.

College of Southern Nevada

Literally this. You have to be an idiot to pay money for what you learn on the internet for free. The internet is far more effective than a liberal indoctrination center.

How does it feel to be a dumbshit who wasted money over a worthless piece of paper?

How does it feel to be an unemployed basement dwelling NEET?

digipen

I can be just as successful as you can, but I'm too smart to fall for the college scam. At least I didn't give money to the jews for a piece of paper.

>I can be just as successful as you can
You can. But you're not.

Like you're any successful with your wageslave job making a jew rich. Who's the retard now, bitch.

I don't care if I'm making a jew rich as long as I'm also getting rich. Enjoying your mom's basement?

>paying for education
Is this how it feels like to live in the land of freedom?

it's ITT for me

Only dumb people who were spent all their time in high school jacking off have to pay for college.

>Americans and Uni
Step aside lads!

Don't hate on the program because you didn't get in. The acceptance rate is closer to ~25-30% depending on the quarter and it really is a great program. They have a ton of resources and top tier staff along with deep ties to local companies making for an all around good program. We aren't ranked as one of the top programs in the nation for nothing.

>payed for college
>most of the time the internet saved my ass and tought me almost everything

This man speaks the truth. Job experience is more important than university studies unless you wanna be a doctor

>implying that job/internship opportunities just come to you on the internet like they do at a college job fair

My nigga. Graduating in the fall with a CE degree. Already have a job lined up starting at 107k/year with a 75k starting bonus. Sure glad I didn't listen to Cred Forums about CS being a shit degree.

university is just a foster care for people who never grew up

...I have bad news for you user.

University of Helsinki
>#91 on QS-ranking
>Located in based Finland

I'm a third year CS major at a liberal arts college. Am I doomed to a life of web dev and fizz buzz because I didn't go to state U? Anyone else on this boat?

University of Michigan Ann-Arbor

This indeed

I fell for the university meme and landed an EE job in Colorado. Half of my coworkers don't even have degree's, just high school diplomas and 4+ years of hands on experience through internships and such.

>implying you can't go to job fairs as a dropout

>gets CE degree
>glad I didn't listen to Cred Forums about CS being shit

And how much were those people without degrees making?

They're making around $90-$100k/yr

Most of them 22-23 years old with at least 6 years of experience under their belt so they've been able to grow their salaries over time.

People who go to college and start off at big companies like Facebook and Microsoft make 150k a year with much better opportunities for growth.

You also realize that before you work at a big meme tier company like Facebook or Microsoft, you have to have a lot more qualifications than just a bachelor's/master's degree, right?

Unless you're a code monkey or you're a CS major from Angola, the likelihood of starting off at a massive corporation with a fat salary is very slim.

But I will say, definitely having a degree + experience means better opportunities and money.

Plenty of my classmates were hired at big companies right out of college. At my orientation for Google, around half the people were new grads starting their first full time employment.

>MIT

hahaha

this

HAHAHAHA

I'm not mad that they don't accept transfer students or anything, I promise.

Unless they were in short supply of employees, or you and your friends went to top tier universities, I doubt that you'll be making high salaries out the gate

And I should actually correct myself from my last post, I'm sure you'd be able to get a job from a massive corporate entity, just not a massive starting salary that many people claim.

The starting salaries are standard offers given to every employee. You can look them up.

Damn, I stand corrected

payscale.com/research/US/Employer=Facebook_Inc/Salary

glassdoor.com/Salary/Facebook-Software-Engineer-Salaries-E40772_D_KO9,26.htm

Still though, my original point is that depending on the field you're going into, uni doesn't always matter unless you're trying to reach a qualified position, do independent research or go into a very competitive field.

>You have to be an idiot to pay money
In Germany (or any not third world country) you quite literally get payed to go to university if your parents are poor enough.

I go to RPI, it's pretty cozy

Colorado state online full scholarship

I think CMU and Scottish universities are best for theoretical CS

Agreed. Not going for le high ed. Jew.