pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

yakinegi.net/store/48typing.html
aliexpress.com/item/Noppoo-new-60-size-compact-noppoo-84-mechanical-keyboard-lolita-mx-switches-gaming-keyboard-PBT-keycap/2043196124.html
aliexpress.com/item/PBT-White-Keycaps-Noppoo-Choc-Mini-84-Wired-Gaming-Keyboard-Cherry-MX-Red-Black-Blue-Brown/32613212295.html
ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-DELL-AT101W-WHITE-CLICKY-KEYBOARD-PS-2-ALPS-KEYS-HP-IBM-/262631981785?hash=item3d261602d9:g:XhAAAOSw8w1X3wYA
keyclack.com/product/gb-gmk-hydro/
amazon.co.uk/Water-Resistant-VicTsing-Mechanical-Keyboard-Anti-ghosting/dp/B01D41O5P2
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1104.
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1868
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=717
ukkeycaps.co.uk/product/150-white-o-rings-for-cherry-mx
mechsupply.co.uk/product/tai-hao-pbt-sunshine
aliexpress.com/item/Noppoo-new-60-size-compact-noppoo-84-mechanical-keyboard-lolita-mx-switches-gaming-keyboard-PBT-keycap/2043196124.html
builder.swillkb.com/
deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/hhkb-metal-stickers-t13752.html
geekwhack.org/index.php?topic=61502.0
amazon.com/dp/B01ABUJ2KM?psc=1
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1677
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=32&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off&show_acc=on
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php
massdrop.com/buy/backlit-doubleshot-gradient-pbt-keycap-set
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=27
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for not mechanical.

JUST

It is mechanical it has moving parts

So does a rubber dome over membrane keyboard.

No. That only has a moving part

>meme

>Actually, what would you need capacitors for?

Depends on the circuit design. It could be for filtering, timing or something else the IC needs a burst of charge for. If it's just a filter cap you may be able to get away with something slightly different.

>Budget
$150 tops
>Location (continent at least)
EU
>Preferred switch type
Something that's not browns, and preferably not Cherry at all
>Layout
Preferably ISO, but would consider ANSI
>Form factor
Something between 60% and TKL
>Backlight
As long as I can turn it off
>Previous/current keyboards
CM Quickfire Rapid with browns

Both the cap and dome move. Technically the graphite pad is another part which moves with the dome, much in the same way the conical spring does under a topre dome. Or in the case of an air gap membrane, the membrane also moves.

In each case there is no physical mechanism that actuates to close the switch. You're either squashing contacts together directly with force or triggering a capacitive sensor.

white looks so nice but the yellowing...

VINTAGE
I
N
T
A
G
E

Post your scores
yakinegi.net/store/48typing.html

oh wow
alright then

is that your waifu? post moar

this

>buy black hhkb
>buy white, lettered keycaps
>have it set up like this (contrasting black/white

I think we can agree that this is the most aesthetically pleasing setup, right? White keycaps for the letters, numbers, and puncuation, then black for the rest. Only question is, should the black keycaps be blank or lettered as well?

Shipping soon

>Budget
120 Freedom Dollars
Freedom Land
>Preferred switch type
Blues
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
80% or 75%
>Backlight
Doesn't really matter
A piece of shit one that came in a combo-pack at Best Buy. Membrane. No bueno.

I'm typing this on a dying piece of shit keyboard. Help a nigga out.
I went on wasdkeyboards.com or whatever and looked at their 87 key model, and painted it and shit. Pic related is what I came up with. Is there anything similar to this that I can get for cheaper? $145 seems a bit steep.

do you actually use the function and arrow keys?

What is the top form factor, excuse my ignorance I'm pretty new to the whole MKB thing, I feel for the "Le epic gaming mech keys" meme a few years back and I now want to repent for my sins.

I don't ever really use the function keys, but I do use the arrow keys a bit. I guess if I had to I could give it up and bury it under a layer.

top is 40%, bottom is 60%

what do you use the the arrow keys for? i'm just curious, I only have a laptop and I've never once used the arrow keys so I just wonder what other people use them for.

Thank you so much.

for me it's mainly to move the text cursor when programming

and you could get a black keycap set if you want to make it look more like your pic or

there's also this

aliexpress.com/item/PBT-White-Keycaps-Noppoo-Choc-Mini-84-Wired-Gaming-Keyboard-Cherry-MX-Red-Black-Blue-Brown/32613212295.html

with a keycap set it'll be a bit steep price-wise but you get PBT keycaps (WASD is ABS as far as i know) and a more compact layout if that's what you want

Thanks! The second one looks awesome. I might just go without the keycaps since they'd bring up the price to wasd-levels. It's a bit different from my OG idea but I dig it.

Where can I find alps keycaps? Just bought an Ortek MKB-84 SX and have nothing but Cherry MX-compatible keycaps available.

Signature Plastics sells them and iirc Matias is selling cap sets as part of an open group buy.

lewd

comfy

>have black/white keyboard
>have the yellow corsair scimitar

should I sell it and get the all black version?

should I go with some blue keycaps and go for a swedish flag look or something? I regret getting yellow t b h

Any fullsize keyboards using Matias tactile switches that aren't Matias' own boards?

Really like the switches but do not want the glossy ill-fitting case and shitty keycaps.

Why woul you go for matias click when you could just get an old alps keyboards

New, modern layout and not already heavily worn in switches.

What are you even talking about

What happens when you beat it?

I would prefer to get a new keyboard.

This way it would be immediately available, so I can just buy it and have a warranty. Rather than risking broken shit from ebay, having to deal with disputes and not having the keyboard I want.

Old keyboards you get out of thrift stores and off ebay are always fucking filthy. I'd rather not have to tear the thing apart and clean it. Knowing my luck I'd probably break something in the process.

Something new will also have a modern layout and possibly other useful features.

The switches would be brand new and not have an unknown amount of wear and tear, nor dirt or other crap inside the switches.

What the fuck is this modern layout you keep talking about? Keyboards haven't changed in years.

104-key, and not having a bigass L shaped enter key and a microscopic backspace would be a start.

USB hub or passthrough and media functions would also be welcome.

FELIX A CUTE

The L-shaped enter key isn't an old layout it's just the international one you retard

THere are no matias full keyboards that are what you described just get an alps keyboard ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-DELL-AT101W-WHITE-CLICKY-KEYBOARD-PS-2-ALPS-KEYS-HP-IBM-/262631981785?hash=item3d261602d9:g:XhAAAOSw8w1X3wYA

You're pretty much out of luck unless you want to build your own or if you're willing to get a KBP V80 and add a different keypad.
Not everyone wants a pre-jizzed keyboard, grandpa.

just clean it you dingus, it's not like it'll give you aids

Wrong enter key. Inverted L isn't the same as ISO.

>The L-shaped enter key isn't an old layout it's just the international one

I'm not talking about an ISO enter. It's a left-pointing, non-inverted L and it usually means the backspace has to be 1 unit to fit in the backslash, or it has to get shoved somewhere else. So many white alps boards you can get ahold of have that layout because of their age.

>THere are no matias full keyboards that are what you described

Matias Tactile Pro PC is, but the chassis and keycaps are crap and I want to find something better.

>KBP V80

Now that looks pretty sweet. But yeah, I'd have to find a numpad for it.

I might have to look into customs. Money's not a huge issue.

>It is mechanical it has moving parts
>No. That only has a moving part

toprefag logic

The only Toprefags that care if they're called a mechanical keyboard or not are the ones that haven't fully accepted their keyboard.

I had keyboards with both large enter and long Backspace.
That's the best layout you can make.
Don't remember where the \ was, probably on right shift.

They usually stick it to the right of the shift, shrinking the right shift by 1u. Not as bad as making the backspace tiny and putting it up there but it's still not a great place for it when coding.

Looks pretty nice.
keyclack.com/product/gb-gmk-hydro/

>ABS

First mechanical keyboard.

>Budget
$100-200
Australia
>Preferred switch type
Blues
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
TKL
>Backlight
I don't mind either way.
None. Been using a laptop since forever.

KUL ES-87 with PBT keycaps bought aftermarket. Or not, whatever.

>AT101W-WHITE-CLICKY-KEYBOARD

Those are black ALPS switches. They are not the clicky variety.

Leave it to ebay descriptions... Plenty of "mechanical feel" rubberdome boards being sold as mechanical as well.

My first 60% and I'm REALLY digging it.

why cant i get a noppoo nano 75 anywhere in canada
like what the actual fuck

Getting my unicomp today or tommorow. What should i expect

a keyboard

What's the best model m to get?

paint it nigga

Oh my, what could this be.

What ways are there to get a 4-button separate 'keyboard' to use as arrowkeys along with my 60% keyboard? Do I have to build it myself or is there another way

Only took them three delays to get it here.

Ajazz AK33!

accountantfag here

what mechanical keyboard should I get?

I just spilled some coffee all over my numeric keypad and shit doesn't work anymore, time to upgrade to that speshul keyboard Cred Forums keeps harping on about

is there such a thing as a silent mechanial KB? or do I need an apple keyboard for silence

> males
> Anime figurine
> katana
More like fedora edgelords.

Keycaps are about as thicc as advertised, really clean dyesub job. Very surprised by the plastic case, it feels almost as solid and sturdy as the metal case of my friends pok3r, practically no flex to it. Just about no flex on the metal plate either for that matter.

Sorry user, how could I have forgotten.

It has LEDs, so it must be that.

I feel retardedly inclined to buy this for 240 bucks

Any cheaper alternatives?

Suicide.

>chink AXIS lock

Is the patent dead already or is that just a straight up bootleg?

That's not a katana?

the classic is apple hardware

"oh no i wasn't signalling my high status by including a small part of what is clearly an expensive, exclusive tech product, I was actually photoing X but the other thing just HAPPENED to be in the frame of the photo, what's the big deal phagget"

god damn was just about to post this and you beat me to it

>Very surprised by the plastic case, it feels almost as solid and sturdy as the metal case of my friends pok3r, practically no flex to it.

Polymers can be damn strong when you don't cheap out and make them thin.

>katana
>clearly a bayonet

wew lad

none

>heres a picture predicting your faggotry
>ill be an extra faggot then.
This train of thought is pretty common, and incidentally all of them end their sentences with periods on an imageboard aswell

What does Cred Forums thinks about Ajazz keyboard? I like this one with black switches

What's the difference between blue kailh and mx cherry

save up and buy a decent board

Looks like there's more to the LEDs than just solid light at various levels of brightness. There's a breathing mode, a "reactive" mode (all the LEDs flicker when you press a key) that's annoying as shit, and a breathing mode. I wonder if they hid some other modes in there too, but finding out how to control this shit will sure be fun.

Just doing what I do best user.

choc mini dawg

hey it's annoying and gay to type with periods so stop it before I dox and kill you

Is it so terrible? Anyway thanks for your advice user
Have you had autism attack while typing?

>hey it's annoying and gay to type with periods
What's annoying about it? It's far nicer to read.

never asked for your opinion?

really?

ajazz ak33 isn't good it has kailh switches and abs keycaps and very a nonstandard layout which you can't get aftermarket keycaps for

I know you didn't.

Is there anything better than Magicforce 68 in

Det är ju för fan bara ~170 kronor för ett år.

va

The layout doesen't bother me, i'm more interested in switch quality. I heard it has zorro switch, you say khail, have they made a change?

Why shouldn't I buy this cheap-ass Mechanical Keyboard, Cred Forums?

amazon.co.uk/Water-Resistant-VicTsing-Mechanical-Keyboard-Anti-ghosting/dp/B01D41O5P2

whoops sorry it probably has zorro i got them mixed up

If you're not sure if you'll even enjoy using a mech, a cheap ass one is pretty much the best way to find out without dropping more than you're willing to on one.

why is it so hard to find a full sized mechanical keyboard without a damn backlight?

what a worthless feature that gets put in every damn one

>what a worthless feature
*tips*

then turn it off

>full sized keyboard

cherry mx board 3.0
Any full-sized filco

there, I just named two off the top of my head.

>40%

>implying there is nothing in between

Was not my implication.
I just don't like 40% boards.
Anything between 60% and 75% is olev.

I recently found a Cherry G80-1000 fully functioning, in a dumpster

How jelly are you?

What kind of dumpster do I have to stick my head in to find that kind of stuff?

Post pictures.

A dumpster near "nice" apartment blocks where mostly old people lives, they don't know what they have.

I would take a pic, but I'm not in possession of a camera. Sorry

But it's fucking nice.
Switches in the bottom to choose between AT and PS/2 protocol, AT/DIN to PS/2 adapter, black switches and double shot key caps

>Budget
$200
US
>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX Grey/Some heavy tactile switch
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
75%/TKL/100%
>Backlight
Optional, wouldn't mind white LED
Macbook Pro Keyboard

If you want cherry tactile greys your options are very limited. This was the only one I could find in stock, and its almost out mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1104.

If it doesn't fit your preferences you could buy a cherry MX clear keyboard then replace the springs with something heavier like mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1868

Those actually have linear switches on them. I've come to learn tactile greys are super difficult to find and I'm considering maybe just building my own keyboard

If you want to build your own keyboard and want greys then you can buy the tactile one here. It costs 50 bucks for 100 switches
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=717

I brought o rings from uk keycaps but it seems they don't have any effect on my pbt carbon keycaps
ukkeycaps.co.uk/product/150-white-o-rings-for-cherry-mx
mechsupply.co.uk/product/tai-hao-pbt-sunshine

Yeah I've already got that bookmarked actually. The issue I'm having now is finding a PCB and plate without having to have something custom printed

YOu could just buy a cheap board then desolder the old switches and solder the new ones

Anyone know where to buy keycaps from UK stores?

Never bought a mech keyboard before and I live in a shitty country where everything is fucking expensive as fuck.
I'm looking for chinese keyboards < $100.
Is these Nappoo any good?
I liked this one.

>thinking about getting a decent portable keyboard
>check mechanical keyboards
>60€ minimum

Does a mechanical keyboard really make a difference? Seriously asking.

I'm seriously triggered by o-rings.

Why?

portable keyboards are a niche market and as such they tend to be more expensive. There are however Chinese knock offs that sell for $40. The major difference that mechanical keyboards really offer is durability. An IBM model F has 100,000,000 key presses before its supposed to break compared to the ~2 million of rubber domes. The feel is something completely subjective and differs from person to person. I had a slight WPM improvement when i switched to mechanical

Probably because you can buy your o-rings™ in the nearest plumber shop 10 times cheaper

Guess I'll bump this.

>The major difference that mechanical keyboards really offer is durability

I have laptops at home with 7 years of consistent use and not one key is broken. My desktop's keys are kinda clunky though, even after cleaning (5 years use). I feel like I have to press harder or slap my current laptop's keys (ThinkPad), so I think I'd like a softer keyboard. But fuck me, I don't feel like dishing out 60€+. I'll look into those 40€, but I'm afraid of chink shit.

See the picture

Just shell out 130 for a good portable keyboard

the one nice thing about mechanical keyboards is that if a switches mechanisms breaks you can replace it. I know you can do the same with rubber domes, but its much harder imo

are Alps keyboards like Dell Bigfoot any good?

Getting mechanical keyboard as portable is really a stupid idea.
Mechanical switches are much larger and sensible to dirt.

rubber dome keyboards don't really have durability issues and they're really cheap to replace anyway, and mech keyboards can easily get problems with chattering and such

the appeal of mech keyboards is mainly the feel imo and for some people also the aesthetics and being able to customize it and dick around with keycaps and such

>Getting mechanical keyboard as portable is really a stupid idea
This.

There are plenty of easily portable mechanical keyboards, but if you don't care for the mechanical part and just want something portable, then a mech is the last thing you should be looking at.

>tfw someone is selling a super clean Model M for 93 dollars but I'm poor as shit right now

>tfw just spent $50 on an artisan keycap

pic?

woah that's actually really cool

Whats it made of?

Yeah. First artisan cap I've seen that I really want, but holy shit this stuff isn't cheap.

Something tells me this isn't hard to make with a 3d printer and some experience

Will consider that. I'm holding on to my piece of shit smartphone because I don't want to spend 180€ on a Redmeme, so you can imagine my financial situation.

>Something tells me this isn't hard to make with a 3d printer and some experience.
Well if you ever figure that out, you're sitting on a good flow of cash. This company makes them by hand and the failure rate on their older keys was really high apparently, so it took a lot of tries every time to get something decent.

jelly key's are surprisingly neat looking, but that thing is still $45 too much

fuck artisans

Just make your own.

I could imagine myself flipping a key out of the board every couple of hours on that keyboard. You can even see the springs (or whatever those are).

>You can even see the springs (or whatever those are)
You mean the stabilizers?

You can also take the switches apart without desoldering them, thanks alps.

>tfw only have a shitty das keyboard
>tfw dont spend loads of emone on a """"""Cred Forums approved"""""" keyboard solely because of the cost
I mean,
this thing has lasted me a long time, but it's starting to get a bit gummy under the keys, even after cleaning.
I really want a smaller keyboard, plus a numpad addon on the side.

What seiden is saying, make your own? I may want to go that route
But where do you just get a CNC machine lmao

How do you guys feel about Corsair keyboards? Im new to this stuff but I tried it out at the store and liked how it looked and felt.

break into a high school and steal one

>But where do you just get a CNC machine lmao
Wait until I build a bigger one and I'll mill you a PCB, a mounting plate and even a case for as cheap as I can make it.

Or just get all the components necessary to build one, you can find various kits and single components all over the place, depending on what form factor you're looking for.

Though building your own can easily be more expensive than a pre-built option. Depends a lot on your access to materials and tools and what components you choose.

Non-standard bottom row and a known for a plethora of issues in their past iterations. Get a Ducky if you want fancy lights.

Could you link me sites/providers for material you use in your projects?

After having a CNC (or something to mount your 3d printing on) how hard is it to get/draw specifications and sizes, etc to build a keyboard?

Your local home depot or equivalent thereof for construction materials for the case and the plate.

Aliexpress for anything else. You can find anything from kits that only require you to put stuff together and to solder it, to the very basic components such as controllers, diodes and wires and the like.

I'll be using glass fibre boards with both-sides copper layers for cutting keyboard PCBs, since you can't really get a switch matrix going on a PCB without having at least two layers to work with. I'd imagine you could also etch a PCB with those instead of cutting it.

Switches and keycaps can also be sourced from aliexpress.

Not that difficult. ECAD if fairly simple business if all you want to do is make a double-sided switch matrix. You can find all the information of switch sizes, pin spacing and spacing on the mounting plate on the internet, but I'd recommend having a keyboard and a switch on hand anyway so you can measure things out by hand just to make, especially given the atrocity that Cherry's datasheets are.

Designing a mounting plate with CAD software shouldn't be that difficult either. I haven't looked into that a whole lot yet, but I can't imagine a 2D plane full of holes being very complicated business.

Otherwise you can also do that the lazy way and use this here builder.swillkb.com/

good luck making that for $5

HP workstation master race

Adding to that, you'll obviously need a soldering iron. Other tools to manipulate wires and such are also recommendable, and if you have a good array of power tools at hand, that will make your life ten times easier depending on what you choose to work with.

just no

Newfriend here, I found a cheap keyboard I like the look of.

But fucking hell, did they have to write LOLITA on it?
sweatingtowelguy.jpg

Thanks man.

You can rub that logo off with a scrubby sponge and some alcohol.

Cheers user. Come back if you have any questions, I'm always glad to help people who like to help themselves.

looks cool, how much?

Typing on reds so I dont know

Get a james donkey mechanical keyboard

£45, or roughly equivalent to 50 burgerbucks

This made me realize how I type not via just keystrokes, but by whole words
my WPM is like 105 on most sites that test that but on that I was fucking up left and right

They're great. Writing on one right now

Do they make hhkb stickers?

I'm making an hhkb layout board, and at the bottom I want to put hhkb or something else.

Do they make lolita stickers?

You can get cherry stickers.

I'd imagine that if you're this intent on having someone else's brand on your own creation, then you could just design a sticker and have it printed somewhere, shouldn't be very expensive.

C: someone opens the door
B: she jerks off your micropenis until you jizz all over her tits and stomach
A: dunno, fuck this shit, all the difficulty is in trying to decipher this moon gibberish and you get these ridiculously long words which it can't even display the whole thing so you have to mash keys until you get it

motherfucker, I'm at work

good point, that's like $1 worth of plastic xdddd

this?
deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/hhkb-metal-stickers-t13752.html

ok then make it for $1 and sell it for $20+

can be reversed. forget the name. google old plastic yellow reverse or something.

whats a good tkl non rgb keyboard that is actually decent with not ugly af font

Hydrogen Peroxide and UV light will do the trick.

AKA, hair bleach and a sunny afternoon.

lmao that's just embarrassing... Had plenty of model M's much whiter and they're approaching 30 years old.

Anywhere I can buy a specific cherry keycap? Preferably in Europe.

I found an old cherry clone board for really cheap but it's missing " key

Noppoo nano 75s 60% PBT (lolita mx)
Noppoo choc mini 84 PBT (cherry mx)
IKBC Poker Mini 60% (cherry mx)
Which one?

ok, help me in this, I'm losing my head searching a keyboard

>Budget
130€

>Location
Italy

>Preferred switch type
MX Black

>Layout
I've always used ISO EU keyboard, I've tryed ANSI ones and the mini "Enter" key was awful
I was always clicking the key up there, but since i'm starting IT in months should i force myself to use another layout?

>Form factor
Full, can't live without numpad

>Backlight
Yes, at least something like the ducky shine 4

an X220 German keyboard and a 15€ Aerocool for my desktop, i really need a new keyboard...

Didn't you post this last thread?

what's embarrassing is what he did with it after cleaning it
>geekwhack.org/index.php?topic=61502.0

i got the cooler master switch tester and i like the reds and topre

ok

>buy black hhkb
>buy white hhkb keycaps
>already $300 in on 1 keyboard

just end my life famalam

>he didn't start with a type-s
i'm past $400

Type s is fucking garbage honestly
HHKB Pro 2 with dental bands is best

no

why would you want a type s?

>>Budget
$50CAD-$100CAD

>>Switch type
Honestly, may just go for blacks. I'd go for stiffer grays, or greens, but... blacks seem to be more readily available.
Just want something that feels clicky but doesn't sound it. Soft bump feels gross

>>Layout
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>>Form Factor
I'm used to 100%. More often than not, I use my numpad.
So, I'll say 100% for certain, but I'm open to trying maybe 80%, TKL

>>Backlight
Heck no. Or at least if I can disable it.

>>Previous keyboard
imgrel

no bully

Oh, yeah, the das is blues

I need something not so audibly clicky so people don't get pissed at me in voice calls while GAYMING

its just better than the normal version

consider getting a smaller than fullsize keyboard with a separate numpad so you can have your mouse closer to the typing/goymen area

Well, what I meant was, I tend to lean over to the side like a lazy jackass sometimes and finish my typing with a slam of the enter key on the numpad, or bind OBS hotkeys to the numkeys, etc etc
I will definitely consider it though! I need to at least have the column with the arrow keys, though. Home/end/prntscrn/etc

not really
you lose all the feeling that makes the hhkb great

you "lose" the upstroke noise and that's it

How does the durability of Gateron switches compare to that of Cherry MX?

>le durability meme
both are about the same in terms of durability and neither lasts forever

not even an issue

>muh german made plastic

Durability isn't really a huge issue with these, or at least I have yet to hear reports of lessened durability in gaterons.

QC and consistency is a different matter though.

Cant choose between this and hyperfuse.

There is nothing wrong with ABS
>muh shine
I have so many keyboards and keysets I regularly rotate that it will probably take ten years util I notice any shine.

The cat isn't going to be happy about this

i have yet to come across a gateron switch that was fucked up in some way
and i've bought a lot of them

Yeah, the most that I've had with mine was bent pins.

They tend to have some variance in weight between the switches, but I can't complain about minor things like that given how cheap they are.

What happened to the topre board you had there?

bored of it
want numberpad and f keys for CAD

you don't want to see whats under the keys

it's still here
i forgot the picture

also my tada 68 is here
i'll take pictures later

What switches did you get?

brown

Looking for a simple, cheap mech keyboard to try out and temporarily fill in for my laptop's keyboard.

>Budget
As cheap as can be without being shit-tier.
Europe, the Netherlands
>Preferred switch type
Something silent, quick to actuate
>Layout
Tiny left-shift, vertical return key.
>Form factor
I want arrow keys, navigation keys and numpad are a minus for me, but I could live with them.
>Backlight
Don't care.
Scissor switch laptop keyboard.

Thanks!

fuck, I need to know what A is

trash

most cheap keyboards aren't in ISO. You'll either have to live with ANSI or spend the extra money. If you want supper cheap then get a magiforce, its like $40 amazon.com/dp/B01ABUJ2KM?psc=1

If you want to get a very solid keyboard then something like this which has dye-sub PBT caps might be your best bet. mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1677

just get a ducky one. Its cheaper and has more features (pic related). If you want LEDs Then get a Ducky shine 5

>Tiny left-shift, vertical return key.
That's ISO layout, keep that in mind.

>I want arrow keys, navigation keys and numpad are a minus for me
That's a form factor of anywhere between 65% and 75%.
Chinese stuff like Noppoo Choc Mini, Magicforce68, or Ajazz AK33 are your best bet here for mechs that aren't complete poop, but none of these are ISO layout. There's the CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-I which shouldn't be too hard to find in NL I think, but that's 80% (tenkeyless, TKL) so slightly bigger and might be a bit more expensive. The Chinese stuff you can find on aliexpress if you go that route.

Thanks for the info and recommendations, I'll have a look!

Hey /mkg/

Getting my first mechanical board soon and I want to get a ducky shine 5 (the 6 looks awful)

I'm deciding between the brown and nature white switches on it. My home computer is used primarily for web browsing and vidya.

Any advice on which switch to get?

No its the nature white switches. After Googleing it I learned they are different than the clears. They are more like a middle ground in terms of actuation force between a red and black.

Tbh I got a switch tester and blue was too loud for my taste. Especially since I have an open mic often for discord

Ask yourself do you really need RGB lighting? If you want a silent mechanical keyboard then get matias quiet click keyboards mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=32&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off&show_acc=on

Hi Cred Forums
My K70 is fucked
I wanna replace it with something a little less GAMUR and aesthetically pleasing
I've got $400 but I'd prefer staying in the 100-200 range
Full keyboards are nice but I really don't know when the last time I touched my numpad. Not in a while says the dust.
I don't care about LEDs, neat touch but not essential and I rarely remember I have them on
I'd like ANSI
I enjoy the brown switches I've been using
I'm from the US.
Thank you for your help!

An awful lot you can do with that. Anything else more specific you'd like?

mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php
fill in the blanks and pick something you like

ganss gs87 or kul es87 with clears

Does mk.com not have the phantom stuff anymore?

Budget the lower the better desu but like $130 CAD
>location
Canada
>preferred switch type
Blues
>layout
idgaf
>Form factor
what the fuck does that mean
>Previous keyboards
Chinkboards with knockoff switches

You could probably buy a secondhand custom with that money.

I've seen plenty of molding defects on cherry switches, but nothing significant on gaterons so far. Not so much that function is impacted but cherry should probably refresh their molds.

>variance in weight

Cherry's tolerance is +/-15cN already so ehh...

For you who are from ISO-countries but are using an ANSI layout. How do you work around the loss/change of certain keys? Do you use some software? Do you reprogram your board? Thinking about going from ISO to ANSI but I'm curious as how you deal with the change.

>Budget
I'm a cheap fuck but I have enough money
Canada
>Preferred switch type
Red/Black
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
TKL (A matching USB numpad is a huge plus for me)
>Backlight
No preference
Just spilled water on my 6 year old Blues Daskeyboard. Using an old ass G510 atm and kinda like how quiet it is and don't mind the softness.

You get used to it fast. I don't regret switching to ANSI permanently, because the bigger backspace and left shift I've grown to love.

>form factor

How much is chopped off to make the keyboard smaller. TKL = numpad gone. 75% = numpad, arrows and nav cluster gone. 60% = all of the above plus Fkeys gone. 40% = fucking stupid

What about the < > that have changed place? Do they just input like normal?

What do you mean? Those are in the same place on ISO.

Ah, guess it's just different from keyboard to keyboard/country to country. This is the nordic ISO, where < > are on the right.

Ah yeah, Nordic ISO. That's quite a lot different from anything else. Will probably take a bit more getting used to for you but eh still worth it.

Ah I see. Probably 75% then seems,most sensible

Alps
Are
Amazing

Blue alps really are rare. I found a place that was selling Alps keyboards for $40 and they had green alps, yellow alps, white alps, black alps, and grey alps, but no blue alps :(

Maybe one day

If you think blues are rare, try to find lime greens. And I don't mean the common linear greens; these ones are tactiles. They're to blacks as blues are to whites.

I have pretty much all the SKCL/M variants, the tactile browns feel pretty much identical to the SKCMAT greens.

Other than the slider color, you can get the same end result with either.

Black alps aren't

What keyboard does the RMS use

2016 people still falling for mechanical shit board meme

Its funny my physics teacher had an office near him and he told me that his keyboard was so worn out that the legends had faded off on most of the keys. But its most likely a rubber dome

I dun goofed. Completely missed the fact that this keyboard runs on some primitive PS/2 cable size of my frickin thumb.

ps/2 isn't primitive

"primitive version of" is what i meant to say. it's a DIN5 or AT cable or some other. Hoping that if I get a AT to PS/2 adapter I can hook that up to my PS/2 to USB converter and it works. Gonna stop by Frys during my lunch break. Fingers crossed...

that isn't PS/2
you need an adapter.
Just google 5 din to ps/2 and buy something like this

that's AT not PS/2 baka fucking gaijin

way ahead of ya
see im actually more focused on getting the numpad that complements this keyboard. maybe the computer pawn shop near my work will carry it since im stopping by to check out their buckling spring keyboards anyway.

Lies. You know he can't use any manufactured keyboard because of proprietary controller firmware.

A Din5 connector can carry one of several protocols. If it's AT and the keyboard is also PS/2-aware then you can get away with a passive AT to PS/2 converter connected to an active PS/2 to USB converter.

Otherwise things need to get a bit more creative.

I could ask if if you really want, but the last time I talked to him was about a letter of recommendation

I sincerely hope for the former to be the case then with this keyboard. I hate to think how convoluted I need to be to get this keyboard working.

Worst case scenario you have to use an oscilloscope to figure out what the protocol is and then wire up a teensy to make an active adapter

Seems an AT to PS/2 Adapter with a PS/2 to USB Converter works. Someone on GH described having to use such a workaround with a SIIG Suntouch Jr. which is essentially a rebranded Ortek MKG-84 SX.

You should stop watching youtube tech channels for anything other than PC components, and then take everything they say about that with a quart of salt. Most of the stuff they recommend is shit.
Headphones. Keyboards. Mice. It's all for "gaming" which means it's overpriced and shitty.
Get a Ducky or Quickfire Rapid.

That's my fav alp u

It's my first alps keyboard and even though I'm missing the connector to get it running, it feels amazing; nothing like any cherry mx click switch kb I own.

yeh gateron isn't perfect but cherry isn't perfect either

finally got my fuckin tada68
first they send me wrong tracking code and tell me its going to be delayed and then they ship it with out sending me a new tracking code or even telling me
its all cool though the board is pretty gud
they need to step up their cs game tho, some people on reddit said they were being vague and shit on shipping in their emails too
i hope someone runs a gb for a new case or something, id love one in white

I require this layout in ALPS.

Picking up chinkboard in 20 will report back

massdrop.com/buy/backlit-doubleshot-gradient-pbt-keycap-set

are the 4 "novelty caps" ISO caps? i want this but with ISO

For me it's moving images by pixel in photoshop

>Budget
Up to 200 USD
>Location
South America
>Preferred switch type
MX Blues
>Layout
>Form factor
TKL
>Backlight
Yes. RGB is instant buy
Blackwidow TE

Is there ANY TKL with RGB lighting that isn't from Razer or whatever? I know it's a meme, but I like to match the color on my other stuff. Should I just give up? The RGB ones I found on MechanicalKeyboards are either fullsize, or have Greetech switches. I also plan on getting some white-ish/brown keycaps, but I want a black body.

ducku shine 5

razer is probably the only decent option

is ducky shine 5 TKL out yet?

It is out. You're probably thinking of ducky shine 6

Oh shit I just realized it's full size. I'm retarded.

MasterKeys Pro S

Buying this one with some Vortex white double-shot PBTs. Thanks!

Is there a list anywhere with good TKL wrist rests, or can you guys post what you use? My cheap Grifiti one is for a full size and it's starting to fall apart. The leather ones over at EliteKeyboards look really nice, but $70 is too fucking much for a wrist rest.

Late as fuck but no one ships it to Australia and the Australian retailer doesn't even have it listed.
wat do

Ducky One TKL, KBP V80, or Cooler Master MasterKeys.

Also: mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=27

>Budget
300€

>Location
Norway

>Preferred switch type
Gateron Red

>Layout
ISO

>Form factor
100% or TKL

>Backlight
Doesn't matter

He used hhkb for a while

If you don't mind cherry reds I'd suggest WASD keyboards, highly customizable and neet.

Picked this Ducky One up today. Came with black caps originally - swapped them out with my last keyboards set.
Going from browns to blues has made typing way more satisfying. The key stability would be my only negative - the browns feel much more planted ( if that makes sense ).

That abomination should have been destroyed and buried in 1998 shortly after its conception.

Transparent plastic is on the way back - I can feel it.

*translucent

>ISO
shig
>WASD keyboards
>ABS keycaps
shig

comfy as fuck to type on

getting my unicomp today

keycaps arrived today
fuck they're bright
I love it

Beautiful. Where are you located? I miss snow and forests. So comfy

>that desktop

Jesus fucking christ

Middle of Europe. I'm not a huge fan of winter actually, I mean, it looks nice and all, but it's fucking cold.

At least you can go skiing.

It looks so nice, /fa/.
inb4 buyers remorse hits hard

>september
>winter
do you live in the mountains or something

>Budget
$150
US
>Preferred switch type
Blue
>Layout
No idea and I don't understand
>Form factor
TLK or a 75%
>Backlight
No or at least turn it off
K100

Note: Really would like a long left Ctrl because I know that on TLK the left Ctrl is small.

>Note: Really would like a long left Ctrl because I know that on TLK the left Ctrl is small.
what

The left ctrl is small to the point that my pinky sometimes goes between the left ctrl and the windows button on a TLK I tried before.

swap left ctrl and caps lock my nigga

also check noppoo choc mini, it even has a feature to swap left ctrl and caps lock without having to do it on the software side in windows

But... gamers use left control to crouch.

>Budget
$150 or more if necessary.
Usa
>Preferred switch type
Brown maybe? Whatever is good for gaming and typing efficiently.
>Layout
Ansi
>Form factor
100%++
>Backlight
Programmable RGB on every key
Sidewinder X6

>gamers use left control to crouch
That's why I have my left control right beside the WASD cluster.

but it's a standard size on 99% of modern keyboards
what have you been using

>it even has a feature to swap left ctrl and caps lock without having to do it on the software side in windows

How do you do that?

oh wow now i get why corsair has that shitty non-standard bottom row... just deal with it, a normal 1.25u left ctrl is fine, but it's unergonomic as fuck even for gaming, it's just what you're used to, a shitty old habit which you can easily change

Fn+F9

Ah yea, thanks just saved me a lot of hardache now.

How tactile is the blue switches for the noppoo choc mini? I noticed the description says "German original".

it comes with noppoo/gateron/cherry switches depending on the seller

i have noppoo blues on my rgb choc mini and they're clicky and tactile, they feel amazing to type on, i haven't tried cherry/gateron but i've read that blues in general are on the lighter side especially compared to non-cherry type switches

Well I hope the blues are really tactile because I bought the browns and they weren't tactile at all.

Blues are tactile all right, they're just weak as shit imo.

That's coming from someone who's typing on 35g linears right now.

Pic related - memeforce with outemu blues before various things happened to it

What do you suggest I get then?

Quite close to them, but that picture is from January.

Greens

new thread

If you want strong tactility you need non-MX switches. Like alps or buckling springs

blues should still be plenty more tactile than browns tho but get greens if you can or you could get heavier springs to put in the blues