/gimp/ - GIMP General

General discussion thread for GIMP. Share your masterpieces, knowledge, and favorite plugins.

Other urls found in this thread:

nataliebeth.deviantart.com/art/Complete-Digital-Painting-and-GIMP-Tutorial-339824344
youtube.com/watch?v=u1b7Nhxs4fI
gimp.org/tutorials/Straight_Line/
lifehacker.com/how-to-make-the-gimp-work-more-like-photoshop-1551318983
twitter.com/AnonBabble

g'mic
layerfx
resynthesizer
gimpscripts.com

How is GIMP for drawing digital art compared to kirta?

How do you faggots even work with this? I've tried man, god knows I have but I'm just too used to Photoshop to the point that I can't even do the most basic shit with this software.

I think I'll just pay Adobe now that I'm starting a photography related business, since it's just 10 bucks a month for it.

I have a confession. I never bothered to learn gimp (or any image editing software) myself until I had a purpose to do so. My goal is to make a restaurant menu so I'm starting to look at free templates that I can load into gimp and edit.

But what about photo editing stuff? Can gimp rival photoshop/social media filters?

Made using GNU's IMP

Daily reminder that you can't make circles in GIMP.

Cool meme

It's very easy to do, are you literally retarted?

I hated gimp too, but gradually got used to it.
Now i hate using photoshop.
Baby duck 180°

Daily reminder that you can't make straight lines in GIMP.

That's the only way to learn image editing software other than taking a class. I learned Photoshop back when I was like 13 to make MySpace layouts.

From what I've heard others say (I really can't use gimp for shit) you an do pretty much everything that photoshop can but it will take longer/more skill.

Daily reminder you can't make green peppers in photoshop.

>all that workaround to make a fucking circle
Now that's bullshit.

Look at that beautiful pepper halo

10/10

>download baby cant change ps keybinds
>download baby ps theme
>start gimp
>literally EVERYTHING is photoshop:
>keybinds
>appearance

The ONLY thing it cannot do, its natice CYMK
Thats it
Anything else it GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS

Can you link me to these ps keybinds and themes please?

make a 1080p and/or 4k version user.

what are some non-GNU GIMP alternatives that I can use to keep my freeBSD install pure?

I drew a square for you guys

YEAH!
pic unrelated

Just use Photoshop retards.

>fbsd
>pure
I laughed.

Krita is much better for digital painting IMO but that doesn't mean that you cannot use it for that:
nataliebeth.deviantart.com/art/Complete-Digital-Painting-and-GIMP-Tutorial-339824344
youtube.com/watch?v=u1b7Nhxs4fI

what's the mosty Unix-y Unix I can get for free as in free beer?

Hi, depending on what you want to do, for illustrations gimp and krita are good but for publicity i recommend you to combine them with inkscape (vector graphics) and libreoffice draw (similar to publisher).

what is a good cheap tablet or touchscreen computer to draw memes in GIMP with? Shit's hard to do with the trackpoint on my x201

It's true that GIMP lacks a tool for drawing shapes but your original argument got disproved with evidence though.

Are you people being paid or something?
gimp.org/tutorials/Straight_Line/

GIMP painter is no longer being updated I think; so Krita is your best bet. If you really want to use GIMP for painting it would not hurt to try it out. You may find that you really like it.

>4k .gif
>expexting us to be able to see that shit on a 12'' laptop screen

Not him but:
lifehacker.com/how-to-make-the-gimp-work-more-like-photoshop-1551318983

Why do you not want to use GPL software? It doesn't really affect anyone but you if you don't use it.

No, GPL is acceptabel due to it's widespread use, but are there any programs that are very unGNU-like?