IT careers?

27 here
Working as a wagecuck for the past 3 years and the taste of everday value soup is getting to me.

Indian guy said I should look into IT, perhaps networking right before he left. Remember him talking about possible £100k salaries.

What are the first steps to this? What certs will I need? Will my 2 2 Maths degree from 5 years ago come in handy?

IT is still wagecuck tier

I barely make £12K, it can't be worse than that.

Fuck off retard. If you can't google this shit on your own you'll never make it in the field.

Not OP but why are you being a faggot? Would you rather see another nvidia vs amd shit flinging fest or how awesome the new iPhone is?

You mean how shitty the new iPhone is.

Networking is one of the hardest fields to get into because of the experience trap
Most become a sysadmin first after years of helpdesk

You can make those 100k in any field you like, you just need to be the very best
Before you specialize on a field, look what field suits you, you really need to love it (especially networking)

>You can make those 100k in any field you like, you just need to be the very best

That's cute. Unfortunately that's not how the world works. There's only so talented/skilled you've got to be before other things become more important to success. Being likeable is one of the most underrated skills, and people who think they are the best at something rarely possess that trait.

It's always surprising to see how many people who just don't get that people like to work with people they like to work with and hire accordingly.

What would be the first step?

But I hear that for some reason there is a gap in the IT market and people are being overpaid currently.

Also when you say likeable, does being a non-intrusive tolerable person count?

>But I hear that for some reason there is a gap in the IT market

I assume you are british like me. This gap will be closed by the time you are ready to work

Really? They said certain fields won't close for some time.

They lied. It closed 15 years ago, and that Indian guy is part of the reason. The only companies that really overpay are in London, where you overpay for everything, you'd need 10 years of experience plus a degree, and most of them are moving out anyway because of May and Brexit.

Plus CS and game programming are particularly popular meme degrees right now so you'll be competing with 5 years of record numbers of applicants for jobs with longer hours and the same pay as you're on now for entry-level shit.

You want money? Become a plumber or gss engineer, or a dentist or something.

Doesn't my maths degree count for shit?

Teach Maths to kids.

But yeah, I also finished maths 5 years ago. Been working in IT since graduating and I'm will be doing the ccna in a couple of months. After that I will consider myself lucky to get £32k+.

It is all down to exp, and if you are starting now it will be hard to get in anywhere. What do you do at the moment?

>Remember him talking about possible £100k salaries.
If you look at senior project management positions in London - sure. For normal jobs you're looking at 40 to 60K, with at least three or four years experience. I took a pay cut from 45 to 26, and moved from a massive company based in Canary Wharf to a company with about 20 staff in Durham. Despite my rent being more than half of what I paid in London, it's still a real cut in terms of left-over cash each month.

Although I'm pretty sure getting out of that place increased my lifespan by a few years - or at the very least made me a happier person.

>2:2

Bahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah....

.... Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

Jesus fuck I work in Morrison's and earn significantly more than you

What the fuck do you do? How many hours?

>What do you do at the moment?

Wagecuck at a supermarket.

Thank you.

Bahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaha

It's one of those zero hour type contracts.

And my shifts vary a bit but I'd say 30-40 hours and I make around £1k per month. I still live at home so no rent.

>Although I'm pretty sure getting out of that place increased my lifespan by a few years - or at the very least made me a happier person.

Not OP but yeah I've always lived in the Northern countryside, except for uni. I'd rather be a semi-employed semi-NEET than live the city cuck lifestyle.

Trying to find a job in the Lake District is fucking hard though. There are some web businesses that operate here, but I've narrowly missed out because of lack of experience.

You'll always be a cuck of you work. NEETdom is the proper way to live. I can learn anything in my spare time and won't be a slave.

You're 27 and have a maths degree - get a job

Not him, but shut up cuck. Only a cuck would get a job, you don't need one.

How do you faggots even live without income?????

Neetbuxs paid for by idiotic slaves like you.

Like the guy said, you could try maths teacher or computing teacher. There is a lot of demand, being a teacher has low hours and long holidays. But on the other hand, it can be hell, especially if you're put in an undesirable school

Something I'm considering when I finally get my degree next year

mfw my nation is a piece of shit
mfw everyone telling me a cs degree wont promise good work; foreigners work for peanuts making it worse

just get me out of here lads

>slaves
Kek. Rich user here. I dont have to work a day in my life if i dont want to and will still drive the best cars.
How do you get NEETbux though? Like the government just pays you?
Are you satisfied without having any disposable income?

>They lied
There is huge demand for highly skilled workers in CS and IT and shit. This is what they meant when they "lied"

This however does not mean that there aren't any graduates with zero experience trying to get entry-level CS and IT jobs.

There is a metric fuckton of graduates trying to get entry-level CS and IT jobs.

>get a job

as?

This. Once you punch your foot through the window and get around 5 years experience then you are a man. There are lots of bois trying to get the status of a man but only a few succeed.

A second division second class (2:2) degree is barely a degree senpai.

>Le cars and never working

New money detected.

Kys or contribute something to the world with your "free" time.

Kekd.
>new
6th generation user
But even if that was the case there's nothing wrong with it. To me everyone in America is new money, since the country is new.
>free time
I work and live to my pleasure.
Why dont you contribute smth mad faggot?

get out of UK asap and get into Germany
networkers are wanted as fuck

I do contribute.

I design buildings, and do research into optimisation of structural elements.

Dickhead.

PS. I don't need to work either, I do this because I love the work.

>6th generation

iPhones don't count. Mongo

>there is a gap in the IT
mind the gap

Hahahaha once you're in helpdesk you're here forever. There's a guy on my help desk team who finally after 10 years got promoted to major incident coordinator. Another took 4 years to get to t2. I apply for jr sysadmin or field stuff and they say no.....you only have helpdesk experience.

Yeah except no one is hiring you as a sys admin with zero experience. Everyone starts in help desk to a certain degree.

What about the language barrier?

You might have missed the part where they say no cause I only have helpdesk experience. It's hard to get experience when you need experience to get it. The H1B guys are taking everything over anyway or moving shit to the Philippines so it doesn't matter. Might as well kms

Can anyone at least give me a first step towards something in IT?

I'm tired of looking at yuppies and hipsters on my way to work.

Dude, do something with your math degree. Maybe learn c#/f# and do something like enterprise software or data science. Any programmer worth thier salt won't need certs for networking shit if that's what you really want to do.

>Dude, do something with your math degree.

I'm at a loss as to do with it, it's 5 years old and 2.2 (3.0gpa equivalent I think).

I'll look into this data science and enterprise software.