Do you trust Google?

Do you trust Google?

Other urls found in this thread:

geek.com/apps/google-starts-punishing-adblock-users-with-unskippable-youtube-video-ads-1633305/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no shill but I actually do. they seem to have the best encryption in the game, so at least my data they sell is well-anonymized. also they've been doing a lot better with transparency so it's easier to trust them. I suppose I shouldn't but it's easier to sleep at night when you pretend they're good goys

I don't but they've become such a large part of my internet presence that I can't go back.

Absolutely not. It's hard to avoid them these days though.

not much.
but a bit more than (most) their competitors

Yes but not confident. They have so much power but they cant seem to contain it. And they know that one mistake cost billions.

Moot works there. God no.

No. They bribe governments to avoid antitrust lawsuits. They store every letter I type into their search engine and sell that information to the highest bidder.

geek.com/apps/google-starts-punishing-adblock-users-with-unskippable-youtube-video-ads-1633305/

On the other hand, I'm counting on them to break Time Warner Cable's monopoly on uncapped Internet. I'm currently lagging too hard to play video games for no apparent reason.

(((Google))) Is a great company guys!
Reply if you love (((Google))), ignore and your mom dies tonight!

Fuck off, don't do that you cunt

>Athreadhas been discovered on the Chromium project issue tracker detailing this as a bug that needs to be fixed. The bug seems to be related to hosted apps being treated as full extensions. So hopefully in the next few days the ad-blocking override will disappear.

No, you

Nope. And I've not had a good experience with their products lately either. Putting together a proposal to switch the company I work for over to Office 365. I just can't deal with the zero support they offer paying customers. That and they refuse to correct our office's address (that changed over two years ago) in their search results.

Android sucks a fat one now, too.

(((Google))) is love, (((Google))) is life.

They can use their "private company" excuse to justify stuff, why would I trust them?

I don't give a rat's ass about Duo just would like to test out Allo

Honestly, I don't give a fuck anymore about privacy or tracking. In some way, shape, or form, you're being tracked (unless you're some elite omega super ultra mega secure hackerman). They've become part of my life and I can't switch.

I trust them more than I trust Microsoft.

Yes, I love Google, I use Google Now, Google search, Google Maps, Google Chrome, ChromeOS, Android on my Nexus, I love Google

gO)))gle

I know they're not selling my data, because they are the ones making the most money off that data. It would be like selling a money printing machine - simply stupid

(((Google)))

>Do I trust the American government?

american government (including their interns and strange people) PLUS sysadmins at poogle

No

You speak as if the choice of not trusting Google matters

Yes I do, can't see any reason not to.

In what capacity?

Yeah

Not at all. My full search history and probably most of my smartphone activity is in some NSA database with the rest of my information, and google probably tries to sell it for as much money as they can get.

But none of this matters because you can't avoid using google's software or services. And it's competitors are not that reliable either.

lol, how do you think they make that money? Having a database with your info on doesn't just print money, you know.

I love Google. I have no choice. It's coming into my life more and more. Deliver me safely from this Google garden. I don't want it to be this way anymore. I need to be free; before MSN and Yahoo! Messenger. Far back beyond.

kys faggot

I eat, sleep and bathe in g())))gle.

Yes i do

good goy

No

back to pol trumper!

do i trust them? No, do i think there the best compared to competitors? yes, so i use them for that fact alone.

Type Error: trust is not a boolean.

Yes.

this
overall I don't trust them with my info but I do trust them to keep my account secure from "hackers"

>Be Google.
>Provide good services for "free".
>Be integral part of every bodies day to day life.
>Search engines, video streaming, ads, phones, etc, your claws are everywhere.
>Reel normies in with the promise of total freedom, "you can do anything", "you can upload and watch anything", "5 free Gigabytes", "apps everywhere".
>After you somewhat have a monopoly on whatever business venture you're in, start changing your ToS, slowly, for more revenue and jewery, change the business model, etc.
>Essentially hook people up on your freebie stuff then use them.

>so at least my data they sell is well-anonymized
Google doesn't even sell data to third parties, unlike Facebook. They're only matching your data with the data on their own advertising service.

What kind of retarded question is that? I don't think they themselves are very harmful hut they're invasive and they're susceptible to the NSA's theft and gag orders which really does make their invasive practices harmful.

With my life. Their search engine got me through my education.

I never did, but after they were proven to be modificating search results for political reasons I try to avoid them as much as I can.

Yes. Got nothing to hide unlike the pedos here.

you missed the point.
Money is not the main thing here. At some point they will have enough information to literally have a hold of the whole world. Politicians can't do shit compared to them. Google will be beyond anything that has ever existed, in terms of power.

do you trust the jews?

underrated post

I, for one, welcome our new Google overlords.

Remember:
Don't be evil and
do the right thing!

They sell ad space at much higher prices than average, because they have significantly higher sale rates than for example TV commercials, because they can target ads to people who are actually likely to buy the advertised stuff.
They're not selling your data, they're selling your money

Obviously with privacy, not really. But I still use their shit anyways.

let's just hope they have an ideal of actually transcending as a specie and leave the money as a low priority

oh my god, medieval era type of shit. they will hold the knowledge and implement whatever ideals they want. let's hope they don't go apeshit on skynet based stuff

>you will be alive to witness an evil organization take over the world

No

>implying that hasn't already happened

/thread

i don't trust any capitalist enterprise

Unless you are super tinfoil like Jesse Ventura and don't own a cellphone or hacker type then they have info on you. Even recaptcha on here is considered botnet... work for cash and never use the internet and never travel if you guys are so worried about botnet