I know this is a lenovo board but I've found an Asus ux330ua for $1200 AUD. Would you guys recommend?

I know this is a lenovo board but I've found an Asus ux330ua for $1200 AUD. Would you guys recommend?

I7 6500, 256GB SDD 8GB ram

Other urls found in this thread:

saveonit.com.au/products/productdetails/65134368
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_RAID_levels#RAID_0
anandtech.com/show/8239/update-on-samsung-850-pro-endurance-vnand-die-size
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ignore lenovo shills its just china trying to take over american botnet empire.
That laptop looks decent though I think you can get xps 13 for cheaper at same/better specs.

Cheapest XPS 13 I can find is $1500 with a fifth gen i5 senpai, are they cheaper in USA or something?

i personally love asus and hate lenovo, so...

>$1200 AUD
>AUD
Right sorry I didnt see this at first. My condolences.

>ux330ua
Where is this machine being sold for that price. I too am interested on dumping dollarydoo's on it.

>Asus ux330ua for $1200 AUD
where from, my dude?

>>$1200 AUD
= ~US$900.

We still don't have an answer OP. Where is this device being sold at?

Nevermind. Found it bro's

saveonit.com.au/products/productdetails/65134368

The website, however, has no Australian ABN.

Seems dodgy. Might give it a pass.

I bought my QHD XPS 13 on ebay for about 900$, and I'd consider it better (better performance, better screen, smallers bezels, not fanless though)

Got an ASUS K550JX-DM013D for 600$ and then sold my old laptop for 350$ so it ended up costing me next to nothing
>FullHD display
>12GB RAM
>GTX 950M
>Intel Core i7-4720HQ
>2 year warranty

Best purchase I've made in a while. Just need to replace the 1TB HDD with an SSD and I'm set

Why Not buy the new Xiaomi 13 Notebook ?

asus has the most confusing naming scheme

I owned ux303. It was a great machine for a year. Recently the hinge has started falling apart.

I should also note that I take particularly good care of my machines, so this isn't just the result of neglect.

Holy fuck, they are literally a third of that price in burgerworld

Importing them is still expensive
Commy price is $750
Burger price is over $1.2k

ASUS likes to put 256GB as their SSD size. But in reality it is two 128GB SSDs in RAID0. A very unreliable and dangerous set up to have if it contains critical data.

This is what Dell does too. Why would it be unreliable?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_RAID_levels#RAID_0
>Since RAID 0 provides no fault tolerance or redundancy, the failure of one drive will cause the entire array to fail; as a result of having data striped across all disks, the failure will result in total data loss.

Literally exactly the same thing happens if 1 256gb ssd fails though. And 128gb ssds are less likely to fail/have longer lifespan.

No, larger drives are less likely to fail and twice the drives means twice the chance of failure.

>larger drives are less likely to fail
source on that?

>twice the drives means twice the chance of failure
you can always just disable RAID0 then you have 2 128gb ssds and you can even RAID1 them to ensure your files safety.

>source on that?
You're the one that made the (wrong) initial claim, let's see some sources.
>you can always just disable RAID0 then you have 2 128gb ssds and you can even RAID1 them to ensure your files safety
Well no shit but we're talking specifcally about having the drives in RAID0

the ux303LA is advertised as 256GB but is two 128GB in RAID0. i imagine it's the same for the UA.

not true. a 256GB drive failure allows some data recovery, two 128GB drives failing in RAID0 gives no chance of data recovery.

No fucking shit, we already established that.

>let's see some sources
its anandtech but its the only thing i could find
seems two 128gb drives can handle about as much writes as one 256gb drive so it doesnt really matter
anandtech.com/show/8239/update-on-samsung-850-pro-endurance-vnand-die-size

>we're talking specifcally about having the drives in RAID0
nah were talking about disadvantages of having 2 128gb ssds instead of 1 256gb one

>nah were talking about disadvantages of having 2 128gb ssds instead of 1 256gb one
Yes, two 128GB drives IN RAID ZERO instead of 1 256GB drive. Quit moving goalposts, you fucking mong.

You can enable or disable raid0 its as easy as ticking a box

Jesus Christ you are beyond retarded. Go eat a dick you fucking moron.

RAID0 is the problem, because small IO issues can cause catastrophic drive failure. But if it was a single 256GB SSD then that wouldn't hhappen.

So disable it. Its not like youre going to need to store a one 130GB file

Or i will always reccommend people don't get asus.