/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Xiaomi Mi 5S to be revealed next week, press invites are out
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_5s_to_be_revealed_next_week_press_invites_are_out-news-20577.php

Google Pixel XL spotted in benchmak with Android 7.1 Nougat, 4GB RAM
phonearena.com/news/Google-Pixel-XL-spotted-in-benchmak-with-Android-7.1-Nougat-4GB-RAM_id85548

Huawei Mate 9 reportedly coming November with iris scanner
gizchina.com/2016/09/19/huawei-mate-9-iris-scanner/

Note 7 Intl Unlocked units plagued with Bootloop and Samsung are not replacing the phones
youtube.com/watch?v=5Qtp31_q-Rg

Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus Emerges, Specs Include Snapdragon 821
gizmochina.com/2016/09/18/xiaomi-mi-5s-plus-emerges-specs-include-snapdragon-821/

More Details On Helio X35: Should Use TSMC’s 10nm Node
gizmochina.com/2016/09/18/details-helio-x35-use-tsmcs-10nm-node/

iPhone 7 vs S7 DEEP Water Test! How Deep Before It Dies?
youtube.com/watch?v=K05cTPeFfyM

iPhone 7 Plus vs Galaxy Note 7 - SPEED Test
youtube.com/watch?v=TMMVYJ3B6TE

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vffAy9kMliY
gizchina.com/2016/09/12/xiaomi-mi-4c-explosion/
aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Prime-32GB-ROM-Metal-Body-Fingerprint-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon-650/32598227866.html
phonearena.com/news/RIP-cheap-Nexuses-Google-Pixel-could-start-at-650-Pixel-XL-even-costlier_id85586
aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Prime-mobile-phone-5-5-Inch-FHD-3GB-32GB-64bit/2178148_32681479608.html
webmd.com/pain-management/carpal-tunnel/carpal-tunnel-syndrome-topic-overview
madeby.google.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=aNnCtmyujLA
aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Mi5-M5-Prime-5-15-Snapdragon-820-Quad-Core-mobile-phone-3GB-64GB-16MP/32679298595.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201602_2_10057_10056_10065_10068_10055_10054_10069_10059_10058_418_10073_10017_10071_10070_10060_10061_10052_10062_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_3&btsid=27244b1e-85a5-4249-aa6e-1ce3b2d962f2
en.miui.com/thread-253680-1-1.html
thehackernews.com/2016/09/xiaomi-android-backdoor.html?m=1
developers.google.com/android/nexus/images.
developer.motorola.com/build/mdk-user-guide
aliexpress.com/item/Original-New-1-77-UNLOCKED-SOS-BIG-BUTTON-IMAGE-GSM-MOBILE-CELL-PHONE-FOR-SENIORS-ELDERLY/32684971415.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sale tomorrow for Xiaomi products on Aliexpress.
Hope Note 3 Pro gets a good discount.

requesting a phone with removable battery, microsd slot and custom rom support for under 200 eurobucks

Do you think we're going to see a phone that's not plagued with issues this year? So far it ain't looking good no matter where you look at..

pixel is coming out, google wont fuck it up

Can we expect a good deal on the Mi5?

If the v20 can dodge pic related we may have a winner

>bought a Huawei p8 lite in November last year
>230€
>wifi stopped working
>don't have the mail containing the order

What can you guys recommend? My budget is unlimited but i don't want an apple meme.

What do you guys think about the Moto Z?
I really like the idea of having a phone with a hot-swappable battery on the back, I'd get two of those batteries and I would never have to worry about running out of power ever again. Also there are those gimicky addons like the camera or the speaker but I only care about the batteries.

The big downside of this thing is that it has no audio jack but instead comes with usb-c to audiojack adapter, but the cheaper version (Moto Z Play) still comes with audio jack and would be enough for my needs.

I think the idea is novel in concept but I guarantee those addons are going to be expensive as hell.

I'm thinking of picking up the moto x pure before they all run out. Anything out there in the 300 ameridollars range that substantially beats this or should I just get it? I cant do xiaomi chink shit because I'm in the US on at&t and they dont get the bands.

It's an expensive phone with expensive mods, and if I wish to protect my investment with a case I would have to forgo the mods, which are arguably the biggest draw to the device.

they already did

>no sd card slot
>look at the back of the fucking phone
>no front facing speakers
>not waterproof
>craplaggin 820

pls..

>no keyboard mod
They had one job.

The phone just got released and they announced more Addons in the future, I'm pretty sure there will be a keyboard released in the future.

Anyone here own a Moto X Style/Pure?

How is it? Looking for a cheap phablet right now in UK

Is the LG X a good upgrade if i have the first gen moto x? Or there are other options on the same range ?

Nexus 5x 32gb can be had for $250 if you look hard enough. if you can deal with poor storage space its gr8

I live in Brazil so the prices aren't always the same.
The nexus 5 costs around $600 ( The ratio for dolar to reais is 1:3 )

The LG X costs about $275

I know its a shitty country , but thanks for the suggestion.

How much is a ZUK Z2 in your country?

Should I bite the bullet or go with the 2GB RAM option?

The cheaper that i can find is $400, its imported tho , we don't have it officialy here.

Don't cheap out on RAM.

>tfw moto g4 play
>don't play mobile games
>use real camera for photos
>don't use NFC
>battery lasts a day and a half
>zero lag
>removable battery
>using 64gb microSDXC card made by Lenovo
>pure Android, no stupid ui
>update to nougat in a month
>$99

If you're on a cdma carrier, this is the best phone available under $200

I'm looking for a small phone with decent battery time, is the Xperia Z5 Compact any good? What other phones are smaller but still functional?

G4p is 5"

Should I do it? Or is the 3S worth it? I know it has no community support though

>16GB
Enjoy no fp reader and only 2gb ram.

>tfw want sony phone really bad
>tfw never ever verizon

I ordered some unlocked S7s direct from Samsung's website.

I ordered them on the 5th, and they never indicated they were backordered.

A shipment sent out on the 6th, but it turned out to just be the GearVRs. When I called them to ask what the deal was with the phones, they said they were backordered and would ship within 1-2 days when they restocked.

They didn't ship.

They didn't ship until the 15th, after promising they'd ship earlier. Matter of fact, their support group promised they'd ship the phones overnight. Not only are they not shipping within 2-3 days, as I paid for, they're going to take 8 days to get here after they shipped out from their warehouse in Tennessee to California where I live.

I called them again, and the person then claimed there was nothing they could do, and gave me a fucking email to escalate with.

Fucking bullshit eh? I understand why people stick with Apple. No one beats their customer support. If this shit happened with Apple, you'd get free Applecare or an accessory or something.

What is this dual sim business? I'm a complete phone illiterate.

What's the verdict on the OnePlus 3?

Looking to upgrade my first gen HTC One, especially want a better camera because this one is utter shit

rn3p kate cases when?

I don't care about the fp reader, but is the 2hb ram that bad? Current phone has ~200mb ram kek

lg said the same thing about the g5

It's solid. More of a device for android enthusiasts. If you're not interested in tinkering you may be disappointed

I hope you got used to shitty battery life

Rn3p master race here.

International Kate is fucking sweet.

No cases tho.

in Montreal on telus, btw

post your perfect smartphone
>note 3 pro with front speakers, nfc and usb type-c

The big difference here is that LG didn't license their system to other brands, there are no third party addons.

The speaker addon for the Moto Z are by JBL, the camera made by Hasselblad and there are several battery addons by different brands.

the iphone SE is smaller and performs better. if you are set on android the z5c is the best option

Hey guys, Gonna get a used OP2 for 150€ next week. Did I do good?

I've heard a bit of sass on here towards the SD810 but I don't really know what's wrong with it.

I used to have a Sony Z2 which is now borked, and a feature I really loved about it was the Stamina Mode in the quick settings (Data/WiFi/GPS off when screen is off, awesome for batt life) and I've read oldish (2015) forum threads on XDA about apps that mimic this feature or even ports, or Xposed Modules.

I wonder, could a simple Tasker module be as efficient as the Sony feature?

Thanks in advance
Pic unrelated

> Those fucking sausage fingers

Is this guy retarded or just have real bad heart disease?

Tasker could easily do that

Don't see the old "stupid questions" thread, (And haven't for a while. Did those get booted off Cred Forums?) so I guess I'll ask here instead of making a new thread.

I have a Note 2 stuck on the Downloading... Do not turn of target!! screen, google suggests simply holding vol. down, home, and power should restart my phone, but that does nothing. In fact I can't get my phone to react at all, taking out the battery for a bit and putting it back in puts me back on the same screen.

Screen says-

FACTORY MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SCH-1605
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0
RP SWREV: A2

And the RP SWREV might be AP SWAEV, it's hard to tell with the font.

I'm trying to flash magisk onto my G Flex 2 but I'm having so much trouble.

First, I can't enter recovery mode normally; no combination of the 3 buttions works. I've been using Android Studio to send "adb reboot recovery" to the phone and that boots it to the "dead" android logo. From there I can't do anything; no combination of buttons I've tried brings up the menu that should be there.

Is my root fucked? Do I have to do a factory reset?

>56680360
>the SE performs better than the Z5C
That's the first time I've heard that. Isn't the Z5C one of the better performing upper mid-range phones out there?

Just received my Honor 8 lads.
AMA

Why?

Maybe someone has some questions about it?

Is anyone else on EMUI having issues with poweramp skins?

About to pull the trigger on this (Canadian dollars)

How bad or good is snapdragon 820? Will I be a carefree user for the next 2 years?
I don't game but want a solid phone for basic multitasking
I don't mind rooting another ROM down the road.

>taking a picture of a computer screen
>taking the picture that far away from the important information

not sure if you are just shitposting or clinically retarded

>what's a screencap

>"rooting a rom"

Is there a reason I shouldn't get the LG v20?

Just ordered a Sony Xperia XZ. Upgrading from my Z3. How did I do?

Best waterproof phone with decent specs?

I need something that can be submerged but still be fine

Up to 400 bongs

Is it only me or do these big holes look like dogshit?

youtube.com/watch?v=vffAy9kMliY

its not out yet

You should do a custom rom anyway

How difficult is it to replace a Z2 display panel? I may have water damaged it, and the display is fine, but the touch sensor is fucked. Also, the wifi/bt antennae no longer work. That may just be a physical connection problem though.

any opinions about the xiaomi mi4c?
I already bought it for $125, shipping (from china) + accessories included. did I fuck up?

>screenshot

literally move to america, eh

$544 for OP3 plus 12 month insurance

I have a poblem with my s5 mini (sm-h800h) at trying to install cm13, because i don't have signal. I try with restore EFS but it doesn't work, what can i do?

No global rom+overheating SD808+explosions. yep.

gizchina.com/2016/09/12/xiaomi-mi-4c-explosion/

Why would you get the 12 month insurance, thats such a colossal waste. It already comes with 12 month insurance, and how much of a retard are you that you can't protect a small piece of technology? Buy a tempered glass screen protector, buy a good case and don't be a fucking child with your expensive equipment.

>No global rom
will install CM as soon as possible... but I wonder if there will be CM14 for it. also, I'm interested in software/support for its camera, durability of its battery, etc., etc.

>overheating SD808
that's a real concern for me... although I don't live in an area where shit gets really hot, and I'll probably underclock it (if possible; I don't really need a powerful phone), but still.

>explosions
I had read this. apparently, there haven't been other explosions, and the comments say the phone could even be a fake, so I don't think I care much.

Does anyone have the HTC 10? If so, how do you like it so far? I've been looking at reviews and specs for it and it's really standing out to me.

will the moto z ever get a keyboard mod?

Sony repairs are hell, you will lose the waterproofness. My phone fixing friend did not want to do my z1 because of how tedious is it to fix them

When are we getting our first bendable phone?

What are the best apps which can also be pirated

The LG G Flex exists.

all of em

Traded my iPhone 6 in for an iPhone SE. I thought I wouldn't mind the smaller screen but fuck man, putting the two phones side by side and the SE looks like shit. It's got a subtle yellow tint to it too over the iPhone 6. Dunno what that's about, it isn't in night mode either.

Anyway, thinking of returning my SE, was looking at perhaps getting the 6s Plus. Is the 6s Plus' screen really that much better than the regular 6s? I know the resolution is higher but not sure if that's very noticeable on a phone. How does the battery life compare too?

best smartphone for 300-350 dollars ?

depends
on a lot of stuff
read the sticky and identify features you want

small screen
good email management like the hub on bb10
long battery

anything else I don't care

Sony Xperia Z5C

yeah but email management is shit on android
also why are all smartphones so ugly

Thoughts on the One Plus heat management? I know the charging is great. What about snapdragon 820?

and it's 5" which is huge

download an app that manages it better? there are heaps of good choices. Also "android" has a huge variety of custom roms that can fit your needs if the stock OS doesn't.

Blackberry OSes are based on Android now.

that's Z5 not Z5Compact which is 4"

Thinking of getting an Mi5, currently have the Nexus 6P. Good idea or no?

I recently shattered screen on my old lg l64 and I'll be getting new phone

is k10 resonable poorfag's choice?

The additional 12months as well as the original 12 months only deal with MECHANICAL breakdowns. Meaning, non user related.
The reason I want to shell out the extra $25 because I heard the company isn't the best at lasting post-1 year of use. Or is it more of software related issues than mechanical?
Id assume just another $25 will cover my ass. But if it's only software, then I guess ROMs like CM would fix my issues?

thanks man, I'm new to android
where can I find more informations about the different available roms ?

it's a bit of a jungle so i'd say, choose your device first then look for ROMs developped for it. Within your pricerange and requirements, i'd say nothing really beats the Z5C. I might be wrong though, maybe collect a few more opinions

Stock Sony roms are pretty good in my opinion (especially Stamina Mode which helps a lot with Battery Life), rooting and flashing a new rom is only useful if you're not satisfied at all with your current experience.

If you want to get info on the available roms, just google "device name stock and custom roms" and you should have a few forum thread and blog articles about your options.

Off the top of my head, I think Z5C is going to get the latest Android 7.1 when it rolls out, and you can have it under 6.0 or 5.1 if these aren't your cup of tea.

For Custom Roms, stuff like CyanogenMod is probably your best bet for a simple, user-friendly and bloat-free Android experience.

Got my ZTE Axon 7 a week ago and wanted to post a mini review:
- boots in 15 sek
- best media consumption experience I've had so far
- front speakers are the best I've heard so far
- screen looks AMAZING
- phone is pretty fast (SD 820+4 GB RAM)
- camera is meh
- charges full in under 1 hour
- battery lasts for 1-1 1/2 days
- doesn't get hot under load at all
- SIM-slot is annoying to open

for 430€ it's a 9/10 for me

OPO is literally falling apart, the rear housing is falling off. What is the next cheap phone?

I don't care for specs like a Samsung fanboi does. I just want to read email and news on it.

okay thanks
I already bought it, it's actually super sexy

Battery is incredible, runs better than my old OPO. I'd get it, even the cheaper one is a smashing deal.

For those that own a Redmi Note 3 pro, Kenzo or Kate?

get 3GB if you can because >lagdroid

I was honestly torn between this and the op3 but decided with the OP3 because of that annoying software of the Axon.

The notification bell, the numerous glitches I've seen many users complain about ie data or WiFi signals being lost, and when you unlock the bootloader you void warranty? Damn.

The hardware seems amazing though

what glitches? haven't had any so far

oh sorry I'm retarded you wrote it right there

I think blackberry made an app for android that is like their hub on blackberryOS. Or at least they are planning to do so.

P9 (plus) ?

I have a smartphone with Android 4.4.4
Is there a way to let the phone only vibrate in silent mode, but not in normal mode?
so one mode without sound, but vibration, and one with sound but withouth vibration
I can only turn off the vibration altogether, but that's not what I want

>budget unlimited
V20

Anyone know how long until the xiaomeme sale starts?

Not a phone but I need to know if the Samsung G3 Lite tablet can download and install flash roms/rooting in case I have to.

Hah, they just emailed me a $100 promo code.

Hey SPG

What kind of gesture features do you use?

Personally I've set Dialer to swipe up, app list to swipe down, Camera two finger swipe down and Settings to two finger swipe up. "Okay botnet" for simple shit like GPS home or starting apps while driving. Appswap shows a overlay with select apps when swiping specific zones at the sides. I also used to set my alarm to snooze when the screen was flipped facing down using Tasker.

Any other nice handy stuff?

I always hated having an app for the phone/dialer. Why haven't I thought of that? Thanks.

I do double tap for settings.
Swipe up for camera or snap.
Swipe down for notification tray (in the case of I miss the top of the screen when I swipe).

It's a fucking pain and videos/ifixit wont show common problems outside of taking it apart.

>Everything is taped
>Every single piece of tape needs to be removed and cleaned to the bone or the new tape won't stick properly
>Putting on new tape can be tedious as fuck and easy to mess up so you need a new one
>Battery can get bent/warped on removal = back panel will get pushed off
>Tiny fragile plastic connectors that easily rip = lose various functions if it happens
>More glue and tape on everything which won't hold anything as good as the first time you removed it, possibly making one speaker not play or a mic gets clogged
>Even if you do everything well and it seems to work during testing you won't get the back panel on without it slowly getting loose and falling off because all the removable shit at the bottom of the phone WON'T reseat exactly to the millimeter, new LCD contact is a bit thicker OR old tape/glue isn't strong enough to hold it firmly to the bottom as before = 1-2mm gap which pushes the back panel out and no kind of super glue will ever save you

At least the screen rarely has problems getting loose so I'd recommend just having the damn thing in a case if the back panel thing ever happens.

I got a question you've probably all asked yourselves.

I'm buying one of the pixel if theyre good. My sweet spot is 5.2 inches, meaning the 5.0 pixel is too small and the 5.5 xl is too big.

What did you do in similar situations previously, and how did it turn out.

PS if the pixels are shit i go 5x

My Android phone has some orangeish-brown markings on the sides, near the bottom. They're easiest to see on a white background. Any idea what it could be? I don't think it's image burn, since there's not usually something of that shape in that location on the screen.

My Nexus 5 has essentially bit the dust because of a bootloop. I'm going to get a new phone, but I was wondering, is there any way of me retrieving the stuff I have stored on the harddrive, without the need for the phone being on? If not hopefully I can get it to stay on long enough for me to grab the essentials.

If you're rich and fat, is there a point to buy the redmeme note 3, apart from feeling a sense of community and worship it because of the high community value it has on here?

Especially if you care about photo...

No, the camera is shit and RN4P will be out in a couple months.

5.2 nig here again, does a 5.5 or even 5.7 6p phone fill into your trousers and shirt pockets??

5.2 here again, just saw the leak saying small pixel will cost 650 bucks!!!!!!!

If it isnt à KILLER PHONE, I swear i'll go 5x Google jews!!!!!

Do yall think the 6P will see a big price drop when the Nexus 2016/Pixels drop?

À small drop

Do you think it would fit in your trousers and shirt pockets?

Yeah. I have big pockets and hands.

Considering the 6p had TWO of the same $50 price drops within its 1-2 year life so far, that shit will still be $600-699 CAD if there even is a price drop.

I'm going OP3. No more snapdragon heat problems, even when charging.

Is this kenzo or kate?
aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Prime-32GB-ROM-Metal-Body-Fingerprint-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon-650/32598227866.html

Phones don't have genders

>B20:800
Kate

kek so I super fucked up and have been flashing kenzo roms on a kate phone

I want a horizontal slider with current hardware and no Android or IOS, I want a real OS.

good preformance
good battery life
5.5'
400$
not chinkshit
which is worth it?

I use flip cover
and I just discovered pocket lock
then when I googled about it more people talked about gravity screen

anyway, Id like to have screen unlocking when I open my flipcover to check time and shit..

which is the best app for that?

Looks like you fell victim to the common warehouse nigger. You'd expect a trade that is as old as civilization itself to have developed some grace and dignity. You'd be wrong. Just niggers.

Note 4 with zerolemon
Mathe V10 with zerolemon heard they fixed the bootloop on newer devices but i wont swear on it.

Bought a S7 edge. How badly did i fk up?

Got a Axon 7 and a OP3 here to compare them side-by-side
So far the Axon is the superior device in almost every way, except for two weaknesses.
It has a brilliant display
Amazing sound (for a phone)
Comfortable shape (OP3 has edges that don't feel good in the hand)
Great fingerprint sensor (seriously, it works better than the OP3's for me)

The OP3 has a better camera. Or rather, software that makes better pictures. The camera hardware on the Axon is just as good, but the software doesn't make good use of it. In manual mode you can take pictures that are just as good.
Biggest downside is the connection quality. Unless you're living in a city where you got good reception everywhere, you're gonna hate it.

Biggest downside of the OP3 is the display. It's about as grainy as a HD display on a 5.5" phone, thanks to PenTile matrix. Axon has much better colours as well
It's less comfortable to hold
Speaker is barely ok

Since I'm frequenting areas with bad reception, the connection quality of the Axon is a dealbreaker for me.
Similarly, the display of the OP3 is pretty much a dealbreaker for me as well, it feels like a sidegrade from my N4.

Mi 5 doesn't support LTE Band 20, otherwise it'd be my prime pick. Guess I'll go with the RMN3P after all.

>phonearena.com/news/RIP-cheap-Nexuses-Google-Pixel-could-start-at-650-Pixel-XL-even-costlier_id85586

AHAHAHAHAHA

Go and buy it like the consumerist retards you are.

Z5C + 1080p Display.

White.

>The camera hardware on the Axon is just as good

No it isn't, the lense is some Samsung Isocell that Samsung dumped and has never listed it.

Is there anything worthwhile coming before christmas or should I get the LG G5 ?

Just curious, why did you buy both?

I stand corrected. Anyway, it's still decent, and miles better than my N4.

To test them, pick one, return the other? Might just return both and get something else though

Can I make a request for purchase advice but for a tablet?
>android
>200 bucks tops
>SD slot
>OTG
>720p or wxga is enough, 1080p+ isn't really important to me
>9 or 10 inches
>4g/lte

I'm in yurop if that

Mostly for video playback (do I need power for 720p mkv's?) and comic reading
Thanks in advance

Is the difference between the iphone 6s screen and the iphone 6s plus screen really that noticeable? In terms of quality that is, not size.

Why would you need 1080 on a 4 inch?

I would prefer a iPhone 7 more than Samshit.

Because I've had an 1080+ Smartphone before and I can tell the difference

On a 5+ I can see how the difference could be noticeable but on a 4 incher you're full of shit

First Li-ion battery smartphone here. How often should I charge my phone. Is the 40-80 tip good or should I do 50-80?

aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Prime-mobile-phone-5-5-Inch-FHD-3GB-32GB-64bit/2178148_32681479608.html

This is a kenzo phone right?
>150mm
>no band 20

/spg/ I need a new chinkphone. Please suggest a phone similar in specs to Redmi note 3 (1080p screen ,2 gig ram, snapdragon 650 or a bit lower processor)
but 5 inch screen

> 5.5 is too big for my tiny hands xoxo

There are no fancy tricks. Charge it when you get home and forget about it. Li-ion does not have the memory problem that Ni-Cad or Ni-MH did.

Redmi 3S is your best pick. Unless you're willing to pay the premium for the Mi 5.

I am concerned about the pain in my wrist. I have Note 2, and it's charger has broken so I need a new phone.

Problem is, when I lie down on bed, I put the phone on by chest and use my hand...that hurts my wrists. Any support for night viewing you may suggest to counter that?

One Plus 3?

Where to buy for $200?

Star lifting you beta manlet.

it's what you get for Dolby Speakers TM

>i wrote all that just to shill the redmeme
Jesus Christ.

Shit aside, I had both as well at one point and the software cannot be overlooked for the Axon. It is absolute trash.
For the OP3, the screen is p bad. Even the 5x has a better screen. But I'm wondering if I can overlook the screen and just be happy with the phone as it has everything I want from a smartphone, but I watch videos all the time... Fuck.

YOU DUMB HILLBILLY NIGGER.
I AM CONCERNED ABOUT CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME

webmd.com/pain-management/carpal-tunnel/carpal-tunnel-syndrome-topic-overview

Why are phones getting so huge? How can you even fit a 6 inch tall, four inch wide brick in your pockets and still manage to sit down?

I just want to replace my galaxy s3 with something nearly identical in size with a battery that won't turn me into a surprise jihadi.

One Plus 3 the ultimate chinkphone that won't shit out on you in North America?

hello i want a xiaomi. should i get the note 4, wait for the note 4 pro, the mi 5, or wait for the mi 5s?

>the software cannot be overlooked for the Axon. It is absolute trash.
I look forward to a stable CM release. No idea how long that'll take, though.

What's consensus on this?

The fuck is this thing?

What is the best way to mask wifi tethering on Android? I have been using PDAnet+/foxfi without issue, but today the carrier started detecting usage and counting it towards mobile hotspot data. Would rooting work
better?

I'm gonna drop your shit THRICE muhfugga

overpriced garbage with one neat feature like everything cat makes that isn't machinery

It's not much better because Apple downscales 2208x1242 to 1080p on the plus models. Looks blurry compared to true 1080p phones.

1A charger or use your PC for overnight charging, avoid quickchargers since they wear down the battery a lot more quickly. A lot of Samcucks are complaining about shitty battery life after 1 year of ownership because of quickcharging.
Percentages don't matter much. Charge whenever you like.

Is there a recommended brand for tempered glass screen protectors?

Looking for one for my Moto G4. (Yeah, it has gorilla glass already - but I love this thing and want to keep it safe and secure.)

But a downscaled 2208x1242 to 1080p probably looks better than a downscaled 2208x1242 to 720p right?

nexus 5x is $250
better camera
usb type c
finger print sensor
but no micro sd

Guys why is Aliexpress being such fags about my fucking payments. I fell for the Redmeme but couldn't get it because the goddamn order kept being closed. Tried three times, twice with Citi cards and then a Chase, but I got shot down every time. Any advice? I wanna be a part of the cool club too.

The regular iPhone 6/7 doesn't use downscaling.

How much do we know about the Pixel/XL so far?

New to android, how do i setup custom gestures? Is there an app for it?

Guys, help, I can't make a damn decision.
Kenzo: Cases fit, easier to get updates for (including custom roms) but not compatible with my provider (will however still work for calls and texts, due to partner network)
Kate:Cases won't fit, more shenanigans required for updates, and compatible with my provider.

The phone isn't the sturdiest thing ever either, so a case would probably help.

How jewish are the Amazon Prime versions of the Moto G4 phones? 100 dollars sure sounds a whole lot sweeter than 150.

Mine turns off every Saturday.

Aren't most apps, etc. 1080p anyway?

Shit screen gook shill
enjoy your shitty 9000k color temp

FUCKING
LEAF

About to buy the white + gold OP3...

Question:
Will the Nexus 6p cost on par when the pixel drops? Do Nexuses drop immediately in price post-new Nexus/phone?

And if it does end up to be the same, which one do I buy? The OP3 charging, A+ reviews, and price is tempting right now

>smaller pixel to cost 649$

I hope this is just a sick joke. I hope google is doing this to help people cope with a 500$ pricetag or sometthing like that.

Alcatel Idol 4 or Moto X Play?
Idol 4 is slightly cheaper in my cunt but i kinda want pure android i guess?

I need a new phone as my old ZTE died suddenly and I don't want to deal with ZTE shit anymore, so I know the redmeme is the preferred choice here, but I still have many concerns about it's durability in the long run, will it last for at least 1 or 2 years? is the camera really shitty?

anyway, here's what I need

country

>tacoland (mexico)

carrier

>telcel or movistar

budget

>~200-250 burgerdollars

size

>5 or 5.5"

features

>as I said, I don't want it to fall apart after 3 months, I mostly use it for whatsapp, shitposting here and a few calls and texts during the day, a good camera is a plus and it needs to last the whole day

Nope. If an app is designed for the 6/Plus (2x and 3x), it will do both just fine. 70% of apps are still designed for the 5/5S so everything is xbox hueg on the larger 6 and 6 PLus.

I have a Nexus 6 at the moment and the battery and thermal throttling absolutely sucks ass. This phone is so fucking laggy sometimes it's embarrassing.

It's funny, I've had four Android phone since 2009 (Moto Droid, Galaxy Nexus, HTC One M7, Nexus 6) and this is in the running with the Galaxy Nexus for my least favorite phone.

Considering these new Nexus phones look like overpriced shit, is the V20 the best bet?

X Pure owner here, probably nicest screen around.

Everything is good, except for volume. Sound is great cause dual front speakers, but not very loud

>overpriced shit
$250 is too much for the 5x?

Hows the camera?

OCTOBER 4

PIXEL IS HERE

>madeby.google.com/

youtube.com/watch?v=aNnCtmyujLA

Wiley Fox

>mfw bought OP3 seconds ago
>Sep 21, 2016
>Estimated dispatch

Has anyone bought the ZTE ZMax Pro? How does it hold up? Any issues with it?

>Tfw just bought an honor 8

So what the fuck should I expect? I bought a Nexus 5 at launch for 350. Then their future phones shot back up to fucking 500 dollars or whatever. Is this gonna be more overpriced shit?

I use nova launcher and its built in "gestures" settings.

Any Samsung user here? I want to invest on a S7, but can someone tell me the difference between Edge and non-Edge?

[spoiler]It's still considered a high-end model, right?[/spoiler]

Anyone here successfully root and install custom rom on Verizon LG v10? Any issues?

Sale is here.
Hurry people. They are selling fast.

>We are sorry to inform you that we have to cancel your order for security reasons. To make sure your transaction is secure, please provide us with documentation by clicking My Appeal for further verification.

Wait what the fuck. It says that they already took what I paid.

Quick.

I just bought an OP3.
Should I buy the Note 3 Pro?

It is for use in Canada, so Im scared it won't work properly... but I can always resell it r-right?

>OP3 $519 CAD
>Redmeme $183 CAD (Sale Price)

Should I get a Redmi 3S or are there any better alternatives?

Note 3 Pro is too big to be used one handed for me.

Do you advise using a case?

My Nexus 5 still running like a fucking champion, Idk why your Nexus 6 is so bad. I never had problems with space(16gb version, I use Google play music and have most listened albums downloaded tho). I have games installed and still having a few gbs for music, gba Roms and even some Anime to watch when I need to go out. I don't give a fuck about the cam, it works nice for me and I use headphones so I have no problem with media. I love my screen and this big guy costed me 100€ lmao

My lovely m8 is biting the dust due to a faulty charger port

HTC phones are terrible to work on, but its been my trusty steed for so long

>good battery life and or removable battery
>additional storage
>doesn't overheat or blow up in my face
What are my options? And what's the estimated price on the new Google phone?

I'm from Sweden and looking to change my OPO cause the LTE connection is pretty shit on it. Sorry for asking questions you've heard thousand times before

>I would prefer a iPhone 7 more than Samshit.
Because you are a facebook kid. No one that uses android actually bothers to go back to locked down iOS.

My Redmi note 3 pro uses 1.2 Gb at idle. Get 3 Gb for sure.

Considering the following: aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Mi5-M5-Prime-5-15-Snapdragon-820-Quad-Core-mobile-phone-3GB-64GB-16MP/32679298595.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201602_2_10057_10056_10065_10068_10055_10054_10069_10059_10058_418_10073_10017_10071_10070_10060_10061_10052_10062_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_3&btsid=27244b1e-85a5-4249-aa6e-1ce3b2d962f2

UK based buyer. Bands work fine for me. Not sure to wait for Mi5s and see if it drops the Mi5 pricing a little. The extra $40 for double size and a little extra power seems like a good trade.

Just asking for opinions and if anyone has any reviews if in the UK too is a bonus.

uh... you know there's a xiaomi sale happening right now right

Yes, however that is a 32GB model for $40 less.

The price difference for twice as much storage and a slightly higher seems rather reasonable wouldn't you say?

Live in burgerland so can't get RN3P because no GSM band support here

What do I buy Sony Xperia Z3+ or Xiaomi mi4s? This is will be my first smartphone so I don't fucking know what I am doing.

how the fuck are people getting their first smartphone in two thousand fucking sixteen holy shit

Bezel memes aside, what are you expecting out of the Pixel? Personally, aside from obvious stuff like top tier battery, build quality, and camera, they should definitely include faster storage like iPhones and Galaxies.

I you have the shekels than yes v20 is the best. Expandable battery and storage is tempting. Nexus phones were a disappointment for me. Especially the new premium priced pixels with no new benefits except the new hardware.
They are still valid. They published a flawless phone with the 10.
I didn't buy an iPhone since the 4s. Samshit has a history of bad battery life, broken features, lag and now exploding hardware. Have fun with your overpriced low quality shit.
Check frequencies and compare price/hardware ratio for your country.
If you don't want to deal with installing a custom rom go for Sony.

Any redmeme owners here?

Did you wait to unlock or use en.miui.com/thread-253680-1-1.html this method or something else.. Arrived today and I want to flash CM. Cheers

Does gingerbread with 500mb ram count as a smartphone? It never really felt smart to me. In which case I also got my first smartphone this year.

Then again, in 5 years maybe I'll be saying the same thing about this phone.

pentile makes that much of a difference at 401ppi? shit.

Xiaomi mi5 c/n? Also do all mi5 bought from aliexpress come with chinese rom? How easy it is to install global rom and is it possible on os x? Is miui any good or do you have to install cm right away?

My LG G4 just went boot loop yesterday. Then it apparently committed sudoku, because it won't even turn on. I bought it second hand in June, so no warranty.

hold me /spg/ ;-;

The Moto G Play

>have Nokia Lumia 520
>8GB
>the only thing I am storing on it is a handful pdf files (everything else is on sd card)
>can't open them because the phone runs out of memory
>can't open pdf files from sd card

Is it upgrade time?

Didn't expect that either, but it just looks grainier and slightly blurred compared to standard RGB pixels.

>Windows phone
Yep

Thanks for that piece of information. The Moto Z wasn't even on my radar but now it is. Mobile phone cameras have become very good the last few years but they will always miss that last mile without optical zoom. A "real camera" add-on that I could slap on the back of my phone does sound intriguing. The real question though is if it's preferable to just bringing a real camera along instead of dragging a expansion camera for the phone with me. After all, a separate camera will still work if the phone runs out of battery. Still, this got my attention.

>tfw my vm moto g 2015 is finally getting android 6.0

Woke up to it this morning comfy as fuck desu

>xiaomi sale on alieeexpress
>still no announcement for the pixel phones

fuck, if I already knew the prices for the pixel devices I could make a decision right now.

finally upgrading my HTC Desire 510

V20. Yay or nay?

>$649

Well, time to start looking at a new phone that isn't the Pixel!

I expect them to make it 100$ cheaper for the small version. Maybe this is just a way to outrage people and then they see the smaller pricetag and they are okay with it.

My Huawei P9 Lite arrived today and it's weird getting used to not having a custom ROM. I kinda don't want to put a custom ROM on it because I quite like it as it is, but it won't even let me delete the useless Google folder of crap from my home screen and it won't let me get rid of the Contacts icon on the home screen; dialer already leads to Contacts so what's the point?

Should I just download Nova Launcher or bite the bullet and get a custom ROM?

I'm in the UK so the price is still gonna be bad. might just get a Moto again

I'm in Germany so I don't really expect a better price either honestly. But one can still hope. I will wait for the announcement, then I will make my decision.

Hi, I can buy a smartphone for about 600€.
I have a LG V10 atm but its pissing me off.
been thinking about samsung galaxy S7.
Are there better alternatives? Am I gay?

>doesn't explode
Yes it's the best phablet as of now

I really want a oled/amoled screen with a microsd card slot, 1080/720p screen, good battery life. That's all I want in life.

V20
Otherwise no

Stay strong, mein freunde.

[spoiler] There is a German Sausage cafe in my town but I think they are going out of business. I am going to miss him.[/spoiler]

>Am I gay?
Yes
>Are there better alternatives?
HTC 10, no amoled tho.

I won't go htc again, got badly electrocuted with one a few years ago.

Yay

No idea what else to pick then. Maybe the sony xz which has a sd card slot but no amoled screen.

I fucking hate HUEG phones. When am I going to get a 4" phone with good specs for a reasonable price that doesn't suck balls?

>64 mm wide at max
>no bricky design
>powerful led flashlight
>removable battery with good life
>sd card slot without having to take the battery out
>3.5mm jack
>clean Android with no bloat
>unlockable bootloader
>waterproof would be a plus (not sacrificing the removable battery ofc)
>don't care about bezels, actually
Why doesn't the perfect phone exist, Cred Forums? Why is everyone forcing ugly phablets on me? Even fucking Apple jumped the ship.

That camera add-on is the worst of the three available now. Totally overpriced.

or the redmi note 3 pro if you want chinkstuff, or the redmi 3 pro if you want even more chinkstuff.

Looking good but price is too high

motorola is giving one million dollars to anyone who makes a prototype of the coolest addon before march 2017 or some shit

hello i want a xiaomi. should i get the note 4, wait for the note 4 pro, the mi 5, or wait for the mi 5s?

Looking for a phone to replace my Nexus 5 with.
I don't want to pay more than 400 Euros and it can't be bigger than the N5 because I have manlet hands. Close to stock Android and software updates are important to me. Is the 5X still worth picking up?

5x is bigger than the 5 tho. And yes it still is. Although you should wait for a few more weeks if you can since the new pixel phones will hit the market by then and the price will fall even more.

I just checked the size comparison on phonearena.com and it's a lot bigger than I expected. I thought it would be just a little bit taller. Might have to check it out at a store to see if I can handle it.

It has gargantuan bezels, google fucked up the 5x big time in that aspect imo. It's far too big for me too so I might get the z5c instead if the new pixel phone is far too expensive.

The c phones are only 4 inches though right? And how is the Sony software? I heard it's bloated.

4.6 inches. They are okay imo. The software is not as bloated as samsung for example.

I tell you: You're shit out of luck. :-/

I too have been looking for a decent 4" phone. And by 4" I mean 4" not 4.5" or 5". They all have 512MB RAM or at best 1GB RAM and some low-range ancient MediaTek chip-set like 6580.

The resolutions on those few 4" that exists is extremely low. 720p on 4" should not be impossible.

We are shit out of luck if we expect a good battery on those, a 4000mAh battery would be bigger than a 4" phone. A smaller battery than that would be fine, but a tiny one around 1400mAh is what I see on the few 4" phones available and that's not acceptable.

good luck finding a good 4" phone, user. Please share if you do: I have looked and looked and all I see is crap. I see very few 4" phones and those few I do see are garbage.

Thanks. As I said, the real question is how that camera add-on compares to some cheap just-fine actual camera with an optical lens. Really good ones are dirt cheap these days. Mine didn't cost much and takes much better pictures than every phone out there regardless of price. A real lens and optical zoom and a big real flash makes all the difference.

Literally your only option is the iPhone SE at that size.

Samsung made an error on my phone contract which made me need to go into their store for 30 minutes, they gave me £100 of accessories as an apology

Do they only have the 3/32 version of the Mi5? I want the 64GB one.

bump

Just spent a day with it at school, and I haven't been afraid that I would drop it. Though I have seen a lot of people on XDA mention that screen scratches very easily, but I haven't seen any as of right now.

I guess if you treat your phone as a piece of garbage then you should get one.

Xiaomi = chinese government spyware

thehackernews.com/2016/09/xiaomi-android-backdoor.html?m=1

Fuck off, Applel/samshit shill.

It's just a gimmick. You're only paying for the Hasselblad logo. Any mid-range Nikon has more optical zoom and it's smaller than that add-on.

Blast it with a hairdryer

Anyone here know a trusted website for unlock codes? I'm looking to unlock my S6 from Virgin Canada.

Best phone to only be used as a wifi hotspot via foxfi?

GOOGLE PIXEL ANNOUNCEMENT FUCKING WHEN?
i CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER

Now that Pixel is officially shit what phone should I get to replace my nexus 4 ?

Thermal design, underpowered GPU for the 1440p, etc.

I think the phone locks the cores down below 60% battery or something too.

>Removable battery
>Sd card slot without having to take the battery out
>Waterproof

Cure your autism first. Removable battery is as niche as small phones, literally the iPhone Se and the Xperia compact are your only options for small phones. And LG v20 and Lumia phones for removable battery.

It's such a shame that Lumias are crippled by an awful OS. Hopefully Nokia's android phones will be just as good.

I just recently bought pic related. Now, I'm planning on installing CM on it, but I'd like to get some more info before I do so.

I used to own a Z3C with CM12.1, and whenever I wanted to go back to the Sony ROM that came with the phone originally, I'd use a tool from Sony itself called Emma, which downloads the latest ROM available and automatically installs it. Basically, a fresh restart.

I was wondering if Nexus devices have something similar. I've searched Android's website but there isn't a download link anywhere.

So, how do you go back to the original ROM that came with the Nexus after you've unlocked the boot loader? Is there a fresh restart for this devices (in case I want to sell it or try nougat)?

Ok, so I found the Nexus factory images here developers.google.com/android/nexus/images.

Does flashing them remove everything including the recovery partition (i.e. I want to get rid of TWRP)?

W H Y
H
Y

>in desperate need of replacing aging nexus 5
>google looks to be going full meme with the pixel line

these rumors of some $650 premier line phone do not impress me
is the OP3 going to be my best bet at this point?
I wasn't really impressed by the 5x line either

Can I add funds to my AliPay?
Their Refund FAQ says it takes only one day to get the refund if I use my funds from there.

maybe the mi 5 once the mi 5 s hits the market? Should be considerably cheaper after that.

Moto X Pure and X Play are not the same phones.

X Pure is great, X Play is shit.

You can either wait 3 days for official unlock or to id unofficially in a few minutes. however if you do one thing wrong it's bricked for good.

You can only flash on Windows x64. it's a fairly easy process.

>I too have been looking for a decent 4" phone. And by 4" I mean 4" not 4.5" or 5"
Phones are for adults, not children.

Just let it go and buy it fro eBay or something.

It sucks not being able to root your phone.

I have a "My|Phone My85" that I got as a gift, because it was cheap. There are no ROMs available for it, anywhere. The best I can do is hide the crapware.

that looks like an option, but desu I like the OP3 over that

still gonna wait to see the exact details of the pixel release, it just doesn't look like we're gonna get a nexus-tier phone this time around

Scratch what I said before. Get a fucking case. Just had this thing for a day, and I've already noticed some tiny scratches on the back. Been treating this thing like a baby.

Ordered a cheap transparant TPU case + screen protector for 10$

pretty neat but unless you're an electrician why even bother

How is the galaxy s7 holding up? Would you get it over 6p?

I am planning to disable the bloat and use it with nova launcher

>still gonna wait to see the exact details of the pixel release, it just doesn't look like we're gonna get a nexus-tier phone this time around

definitely not when you look at the priceclass. It'll be fucking expensive

Anyone?

chink tablet advice?

I don't intend to run it on any network (wifi only)
I care mainly for hardware specs and a nice screen
1080p is acceptable for performance gain.

I have an nvidia k1 tablet for reference.

its sweet until it stops charging after two weeks like mine.

btw, are there any non chink devices that dont fuck your warranty for rooting?

yea I'm pretty disappointed

redmi note 3 - when i see videos or photos it feels so fucking big. Is it really that big or do reviewers just have small ass hands?

Where are the mechanical, electrical and communication specs for the connector and the camera hump?

Its the distance of the phone from your face.

Same fucking thing with me.
Now I have to wait until I get my refund to get to order it again. It's fucking frustrating since now it's the sale and all.

It's not like I NEED the phone right now. I can wait.

Because 99% of jewtube reviewers are filthy pajeets

Also don't bother with it because customer support is non existent

I have a Huawei p8.

If I buy a nexus 5x, is it an upgrade? I know the 5x has less ram and no expandable storage, but it has à fingerprint scanner, smooth ui and IMO it's the most beautiful phone of all times.

Cred Forums I have trouble finding a phone fitting these specifications:

display: around 5 inch. with gorilla glass
res: 720x1280 (around 300ppi)
snapdragon 600 something
ram: atleast 2gb
cam: 10 MPx

advice much appreciated

Upgrading from my broken HTC One m8. You guys have any thoughta between the HTC 10 and the s7?

bq aquarix x5 plus?

Redmi 3S

>5in
>1280x720
>Android 6.0.1 / planned Nougat
>Snapdragon 430 (equal to Snapdragon 617 but with better GPU)
>2GB RAM
>13mp rear camera

Other standout functions: 4100mAh battery (2-3 day battery life / 10-12hr SoT), Infra-red blaster, and fingerprint sensor

I bought one and sold it to a coworker. It can be found on aliexpress for $115 USD. Kinda shits on everything else in the price range badly.

yea...yea! thanks user!

or this one

>I like the OP3
Enjoy your 1995 pentile screen.

What's the best android phone hardware wise?

S7

>Phones are for adults, not children.
I want to use the phone one-handed. Here's the catch: COMFORTABLY. That means without having to move the phone in my hand if I need to reach something in the upper left corner.

I don't have small hands. I just miss the size of pretty much all my previous dumbphones. Of course a bigger display is like a prerequirement for a typo-free typing on a full qwerty but anything wider than 64mm just stretches my hand unnaturally since I hold the phone pretty much all the time.

Big smartphones are a meme. Remember 5 years ago? When smartphones were NOT big? And everyone was happy.

Question: can I run Android natively on an iPhone?

I'll answer myself: No, I can't. And that's a dealbreaker.

Exact same boat as you guy(s).
Had a Nexus 5, broke, bought 5x, it was shit, sold it, waited for new Pixel, HTC+ rumored $650, N6P is showing its age + heatdragon

OP3 screen has gotten better. If people remove the included screen protector and look at the new updates (Even Anandtech, the initial roaster of this problem, has changed his mind about the screen).

5" is not big Donald.

Just got my s7 edge. Breddi gud.

Oh I know, but that's literally the only good 4 inch phone left.

see ya in a week

developer.motorola.com/build/mdk-user-guide

Here you go my man. I googled because of you and holy fuck they literally give you everything you need to know to build one yourself. I suddenly fucking want this phone.

Hey guys, I am looking for a smartphone for my grandmother for her birthday.

I live in Ireland and it will be the 3 network.

The phone will be used for calls/texts and some internet browsing, perhaps something with a moderate sized keyboard so she can press and see the buttons easily.

Budget is 120 euro and under

She doesn't need a smartphone, get her one of these old people phones

aliexpress.com/item/Original-New-1-77-UNLOCKED-SOS-BIG-BUTTON-IMAGE-GSM-MOBILE-CELL-PHONE-FOR-SENIORS-ELDERLY/32684971415.html

Anyone gotten OTA updates to work (using FlashFire or whatever) using Phh SuperUser and/or XPosed?

Bump limit
New thread here:

Apparently you have to use some bullshit interface board (the "Reference Moto Mod"), and that provides GPIO, USB, some high speed busses and some other bullshit. They don't actually specify anything about the connector of the device itself. Meh.

4th october is what the emailed me today after signing up to their device newsletter.

>bought 5x, it was shit

Could you elaborate a bit?

Wait for OP4 with 16GB of RAM

Zuk Z2
Fhd 5"
Snapdragon 820
4gb ram
13MPx
3500mAh
260$
10. Less bloat, custom roms (useful when HTC drops official updating), better speakers and dac.
S7 has best raw processing power every snapdragon 820 phone has a better graphic chip and slightly less processing power. No difference in real world use. Buuut samshit cramps their own Android version full with useless shit, that will cause lag in future.