Firefox extensions

I have made a fresh install of Firefox.
Can we take the oportunity for a Firefox extensions thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/disconnect/
github.com/ccd0/Cred
github.com/Nebukazar/OneeChan
github.com/gorhill/uMatrix/issues/32
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/policeman/
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cvim/ihlenndgcmojhcghmfjfneahoeklbjjh?hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tiling tabs can be really useful, although I don't like necessarily how I can't just keep one dedicated tab open and then switch between all my other tabs in that one tab.

I think there's a way to set it, but I can't figure it out.

now install chrome

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/disconnect/

I just intalled it, pretty awesome

this is like ghostery but without the botnet? was looking for something like this

DownThemAll, uBlock Origin, Classic Theme Restorer, Greasemonkey, Stylish, any kind of flash blocker, any kind of cookie manager (can't remember what I use for these two and I'm not at my computer).
I have my Firefox riced with a global userstyle and hidden tabs and url bar.

Oh, and I use Tiling Tabs as well.
Really handy and comfy.

>Firefox
enjoy your slow browser

>Having 1000 tabs open
>crying about browser going slow
¿Are you retarded?

is there a viable solution for casting to chromecast via firefox?

Your Interwebz connection stinks sire.

well Chrome doesn't have that problem. FF devs are gimps who can't into modern programming.

>normiegram
>gogle krom
>bandicam

oh yea... and Chrome magically improved my internet connection, right? Did you even see the video til the end?

You are a cuck

Install gentoo

>AbP
Just ad my shit up

>Not using Chromium wich is ready to use after 2 seconds
>Using Firefox wich is ready after 9 seconds and slow while browsing

>bandicam
toppest of keks

Got any alternative that utilizes the encoder on my AMD GPU??

uBlock, HTTPS Everywhere. I also use FX Chrome theme.

Thanks for uBlock Origin. :)

This, after using chromium I never switched back.

>daily datamining thread

>literal botnet
>everything you type is sent to their servers
>call home on any bookmark saved
>call home 1 nanosecond after start up

>bu bu bu bu i dont have anything to hide

chromium is open source you fucking moron.

I do uBlock Origin, HTTPS-Everywhere and Privacy Badger right now.
Still looking for something that prevents Cookie based tracking, that feels as sleek an professional as those three, so I'mm not going to recommend what I'm using right now.
I also have an add-on that lets me open pages and links in mpv directly, without copypasting the link into a terminal.

Firefox does the same thing. Protip: those are settings enabled on both browsers by default and can be turned off.

Dumbshit.

Good choice! Shows you actually give a shit about your privacy and a browser that does what you want it to, as opposed to serving some advertising company or whatnot.

"Ad/Tracker Blocking"

uBlock Origin - Best ad/tracker blocker around, depending on which lists you pick for it. Get this first!
Disconnect - An easy to use tracker blocker. You can configure uBlock Origin to use the same lists, but you can use both apps at the same time if you wish.
Privacy Badger - EFF made, alternative for Disconnect.

uMatrix - script-and-other-stuff-blocker. WIll break sites, need to whitelist certain domains for a given site etc. Only for tech-savvy, doesn't "just work".
NoScript - Similar to uMatrix,. Maybe a little easier to use but less powerful.

"Core Experience addons"

BetterPrivacy - Kills Flash LSOs/"super-cookies"
Decentraleyes - Avoids CDN fingerprinting when possible by local emulation of CDN resources
Disconnect Search - Made by Disconnect , allows you to search Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo etc... through Disconnect's proxy to prevent bubbling/fingerprinting. Easy to use.
Download Status Bar - Shows downloads as little blocks on a bar, gives more options
FlashGot - Helps to download all sorts of things and works with other addons/download managers, also rips flash / HTML5 and other web video
Greasemonkey - UserScript manager. Best Cred Forums scripts require this!
HTTPS Everywhere - EFF made, uses HTTPS if a site has it available.
PrivacySettings - Creates a button with Firefox' about:config privacy-related settings. Advanced users only.
PrivateTab - Allows you to spawn tabs in private browsing mode, not just windows
RandomAgentSpoofer - Pick a browser user agent of your choice or let it use a random one!
Self Destructing Cookies - Removes your chice cookies when you leave site, close browser. Great addon!
Stylish - Manages user styles
The Addon Bar (Restored) - Returns the separate, old school bar for addon buttons, to give you more room if you wish

Thanks, user

I dunno what those weird artifacts are on top of the screen, but w/e.

Enjoy your proprietary bullshit

>you actually give a shit about your privacy

>2016
>being freetarded

>Enjoy your proprietary bullshit
at least I will have saved 1/3 of my lifetime

Chromium is open source moron you can block google shit using ungoogled chromium or iridium.

Now for some "quality of life / situational" addons. These may or may not apply to sites you use but they can be handy...

BetterTTV - Upgrades your Twitch.tv experience and makes things easier. Lots of features.
Chatzilla - Need a quick IRC client? Chatzilla has you covered when you don't have HexChat / irssi but don't want to use a web-based chat widget either.
Cryptocat - Encrypted (open source) messenger, quick and easy to install/use.
DownThemAll - Download manager/accelerator, comprehensive. Coexists nicely with FlashGot, just have FlashGot point to use DownThemAll.
ExHentai Easy 2 - Do you enjoy your pron at ExHentai but are tired of Sadpanda? Here's an easy addon made to help ease your login
KeeFox - If you use Keepass 2.x password manager, this will let you save/use site passwords directly in/from Keepass, bypassing the Firefox password storage.
Lightbeam - Want to see a visual representation of the cookies/trackers etc.. that other sites have set on your browser? Here's a good way to see those relationships.
Password Exporter - Want to export your saved Firefox password (ie Want to load them into Keepass or Encryptr) This makes it easy and uses open formats.
Reddit Enhancement Suite - If you ever find yourself on le reddit, use this for a fuckload of new features.

UserScripts (Requires Greasemonkey)
4chanX - A fuckload of new features here on Cred Forums. There have been a ton of variants of this, you want the one still updated and from this site, openly developed - github.com/ccd0/Cred Forums-x .
OneeChan - Where 4chanX was more about function, OneeChan works with it and grants a ton of cosmetic user styles and other options. Both have lots of config if you wish to use them. github.com/Nebukazar/OneeChan

Okay, there ya go. That should get you started. Enjoy

>uBlock Origin - Best ad/tracker blocker around, depending on which lists you pick for it. Get this first!
>Disconnect - An easy to use tracker blocker. You can configure uBlock Origin to use the same lists, but you can use both apps at the same time if you wish.
You can just subscribe to the disconnect list in uBlock...?

Indeed, as I mentioned. However, some users like using uBlock Origin mostly for ads, malware, anti-adblock etc... and use Disconnect for its tracker lists because its really easy to see each domain, what Disconnect characterizes it as (Analytics, Advertising, Social, or Content) and enable or disable with ease. uBlock Origin will let you do this, but if you don't have advanced mode turned on it may be more cumbersome, especially if a user doesn't know exactly what a given domain is serving (ie is it something needed for the site? Or is it shit?)

>implying the time difference to load web pages is that significant

I'm not sure if using them in parallel will allow Disconnect to be "fully operational". You never know if a certain tracker is not there (because not listed by Disconnect) or if it was filtered by uBlock (or any other plugin) and never reached Disconnect.
So a user might think he has full control/can see all the neat statistics with the Disconnect UI but you never know what was already blocked by something else so Disconnect is only painting a partial picture.

suggesting installing large botnet
instead of acceptable botnet

why?

idiot full mode removing code pertaining some google-centric functions breaks chromium build with iridium/ungoogled patches.

Currently using ungoogled chromium and don't have any problems, user

Is there something like self-destructing cookies that lets me whitelist individual cookies, rather than individual sites?

You just need to install manual extensions instead chrome web.Other thing working good.Enjoy bloated slow cuckfox.

R8

>Bandicam

Missing uMatrix

uMatrix is overkill. Nobody needs that shit

>browser.newtab.url extension
why not just set that yourself?

Because Firefox doesn't allow changing it in the about:config anymore...
JUST

Here's mine.

It's a shame that ABP is so unreliable now. I liked being able to view all blockable elements by hitting ctrl+shift+v or whatever it was. Very useful for opening video files on their own in new tabs where you could then save them or they would just work better than in most players.

I run NoScript and uMatrix simultaneously. Gives you the most control. Like Dennis Deyoung sang, "we all need control."

Hm, what else... user agent switching fucks with stylesheets sometimes.

Oh btw, should I get something for further blocking tracking? I had DoNotTrackMe / Blur but that has a bunch of functions I don't need.

It also rarely blocked anything anymore with my current set up.

Domo arigto, Mr. Roboto

There is no point in using ublock origin when you're using umatrix

I wouldn't say there is NO point in doing it but I can see why one wouldn't think it important:

github.com/gorhill/uMatrix/issues/32

I see it the other way around
no point in using umatrix if you have ublock origin

url filtering and dynamic filtering gives you enough to cover the important parts of umatrix

why allow all scripts from google when we can be that much more specific thanks to ublock?

Vimperator is the only thing keeping me from switching to Chrome.

Not mentioned yet in here but for weather I still use Forecast Fox (fix version)

how do you even disable the window borders on MPV?

and still phones Google

yes it´s open source and you can go in and look at the code where it phones home so what is your point you fucking moron

After using it for a while, you don't need twenty bloated addons, just uMatrix.

nice trips
but they can´t protect you from the retardation of being unable to get into sadpanda without some addon

Someone, pleeeeeaaase make a crossbreed between uMatrix and Policeman addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/policeman/

uMatrix is a beast of functions: (Cross-)Site Request, Anti-XSS, Trackers, Referer, User-Agent, Cookies. All while decreasing the overheat of having those additional addons.

Policeman is fine grained, content type oriented. You can select each independent script from a tree in contrast with other addons like uMatrix itself.

Imagine the possibilities!

ublock origin
greasemonkey + 4chanX

Umatrix doesnt block ads using lists. It has no element blocker.

>nobody mentioned hardening through custom prefs.js
Enjoy your safebrowsing

you forgot https enforcing

>no-border

>twitch
>can't access exhentai without an addon
>reddit
Good b8

uBlock Origin has the Disconnect list built in, and so does Firefox itself.

Have basically the same extensions on Chromium, or alternatives that do the same thing.

>2015 +-1 margin of error.
>Not using firefox + ublock etc. for general browsing, pron and shitposting and chrome for netflix, streaming music sports youtube and other "logged in" shit.

Try cVim. chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cvim/ihlenndgcmojhcghmfjfneahoeklbjjh?hl=en

People always recommend gimped shit like Vimium, but that just doesn't have all of the features cVim has. Same thing for VimFx, it is no substitute for Vimperator/Pentadactyl.