Cases

What's a mid or large sized case for gayming? I've got an S340, but the ventilation is pretty poor, and seeing as I live in the tropics where it averages 35C for most of the year, shit just gets too hot. So now I'm looking to get something with better ventilation.

What's been your experience, and what would you suggest?
>mid/large sized case (pref large)
>has dust filters
>good cable management
>variety of options for fan placement

Are you going to play video games with your case?

Yeah, mostly just farmville...

ive got the H440 and its the same situation with the heat
idle's at about 30-40 with 18 ambient room temperature
cable management is neat but lack of fan control sucks because the stock fans in the front are not super quiet and i cant justify spending a hundred bucks on meme noctua fans

The ventilation in the S340 is fine. Maybe you should get more fans.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Series PH-ES614

It's 90F here during the summer.
Temps range from 30~35.

With an A/C on, temps are 20~25C.

It helps that I have the noctua D-15 heatsink.

The problem is not your case

doesnt matter as long as airflow is topnotch

bigger case = better airflow though yes?

Interesting. I was considering getting the H440, but even that still seems high for your ambient temp.

It's got 3 fans +AIO cooler, so all the fan slots are taken. They run 100% (except the AIO), and it's still pretty bad. I think the fact my gpu is 300mm long that affects the airflow.
>2x 140mm intakes
>1x 120mm exhaust
>1x 120mm AIO as exhaust

might as well just hang your system on strings from the ceiling

Well that's just too much space, to the point there'd be no airflow user.

yes might be the H110 ive got that doesnt cool my 3770k at 4.5GHz properly, or maybe it does i dont really know what idle temperatures i should expect
goes up to about 75 under load

It should be lower than that. I've got a Kraken X31 and it idles around 26-27 and under full load barley pushes 50. It's the gpu that is the problem. At ~65% load it's already around 75C, at higher loads it throttles, and the side of the case (the window side) is really hot to the touch.

75 should be nothing to worry about. You probably could do better if you had an actual good air cooler instead of a gimmick AIO though.

shit
right my 7970 meme edition idle's on 55
fuck
thanks for reminding me, i had not considered that
probably heats the case a bit and by extension, the cpu

i guess i fell for that meme

Look dude. If the ambient temperature is 35 degrees, you will never be able to get the case temperature lower than that. Getting a bigger case is only going to help if the issue is lack of airflow, and if you have those fans running at 100% in an S340, that's probably not going to be the issue. A larger case may reduce the temperature of the CPU/GPU a couple of degrees, but hardly more than that. You'd be better off just upgrading the CPU cooler to reduce the difference between the CPU temperature and the ambient temperature instead.

Corsair cases a best

All the fans in the world doesn't do you any good if isn't set right. Using aio as an exhaust is just dumb. The gpu is dumping hot air into your pc.
1) There's not enough exhaust to get rid of all the hot air. The fins on the radiator will drastically weaken the airflow and makes for an awful exhaust
2) You're using hot air as an intake for the aio

Put the aio as intake on the upper front and another intake at the lower front/bottom for the gpu. Put normal exhaust fans at the back and the top.

Get an AC

I got the cheap ass rosewill challenger, it's actually really good, it has the more bays than the other cases, comes with fans, and with the removal of the blue LED front fan, is as plain as I'd like it to be.

I shilled out for this case for my new water cooled build. Probably too expensive for people on a budget but its a sexy aluminium case.

where do you live?