Punishment for hiring hacking?

I was wondering, for Kansas especially what are the laws punishing someone lets say if they hired a "Ethical Hacking Company" To hack a twitter for them?

An ethical hacking company isn't going to hack a twitter account. If this were a person, you would be criminally responsible for hiring the hit.

yeah, and those guys selling spying tools to third world dictators are just fine though.

Rack of felonies like candy.

So what would be the punishment? If they argued their services were legal in their "Legal Disclaimers Page" and advertised they were legal according to their country and US country law. Would I get a pass because of that?

You can use this as a defense in court, but I don't think it will get you off.

just do it user, these other armchair lawyers don't even have a leg to stand on

The company name is goldengroup dot org

You can check their legal disclaimer page, what you guys think? The reason I ask is they scammed me out of $226 and I am trying to weight my legal options of filing a fraud report.

Infiltration of a corporation physically or electronically is punishable in any state no matter if a foreign company does the work. If you hire them they will turn you over as the sponsor and you will be sued by the affected company and a governing agency or two. Good luck.

>Find bodyguard service
>Pay bodyguards to assault someone instead of protect you
>Hey Judge it's alright that I paid them to commit assault, they advertise they protect people

I am not talking about a company, I am talking about someones inactive twitter page, just for the purpose of getting onto it. What if I did not do, or intend to abuse their information in any way. Just recover the password?

It's a federal felony. Unless you're hiring them for pen testing your own account, there's nothing legal or ethical about hacking someone else's account.

The Hillary defense might soften the blow, but I doubt you would get off completely unscathed.

It's against the law to hire hitmen, full intent of murder even though you didn't directly kill anyone.

I would go ahead and file a claim. Nothing was hacked, so you can't be held accountable. The law will still give you the 3rd degree about not knowing it was illegal, but you have a case.

True, but hacking people and hacking computers are two different things.

So you are saying since the account was never hacked, I have not gained access to anyone's private information or media, and that the website claims legal work in their policy and disclaimer I have good chances at a slap on the wrist or nothing at all?

What about the company, what would they get?

I would think so. This company knows its shady and uses this to scam money off people. They will repeatedly call you an idiot for not knowing better, but no crime was committed.

So the only way I could have gotten in trouble is if they would have hacked and given me the password and I would have logged into the account and done something. Only then would I be in trouble?

If they said they were a legal hacking company and took your money for a job, it was their responsibility to tell you they couldn't do the job because it was illegal and refund your money.

In order to do a western union fraud request you have to take the case number to your local law enforcement. Would it help in my possible defense since I was the first one out of either party to report what happened? Would it help me look more "apologetic" to the situation