Punishment for hiring hacking?

Ok here is the story. There was an inactive twitter posting defamatory things about me that were false and fraudulent. I went to goldengroup dot org a social media ethical hacking company that claims they are legal and "whitehackers" and that their company does not break their countries or US law. I paid them $226 exact for the password to this account. It turns up they ended up a scam (I know big surprise I am dumb) And they are trying to ignore me hoping this fraud goes away. I called western union to place a fraud complaint and told them what happened and they made a case number for it to give to local law enforcement to begin the fraud investigation.

My question is, since no account was actually hacked by me or them, and no one actually got a password or even hacked into the account. Was any crime committed yet by me?
Was any crime committed by them?

By taking this case number to the police and explaining I thought this was legal because of the companies legal and disclaimer page and explaining that no account has been hacked. What would happen to me?
What would happen to golden group?

Need help, btw this was just a inactive normal twitter.

Other urls found in this thread:

sourcefoundry.org/hack/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is a continuation btw the last one had some great feedback I appreciate it a lot. But I wanted to try again but this time giving a better full story explanation.

There's no such thing as legal hacking, you're shit out of luck

I mean tho like nothing was hacked, It was just a take your money and bail kind of thing. Shouldn't the main punishment fall on the fraud company who know what they are doing? For a lot of people even me cyber law is pretty vague and under a lot of development. After researching it more, its mostly for the affects of what you do after hacking, and mostly to a business or fedral/state official or politician. But just johnny asking company who identifies as legal to hack sally when the company never even did anything after being paid. What is that crime even listed as? Is there a specific clause for that?

fuck off retard, you're not getting your money back

>go to an alley
>pay a shady dude to kill someone
>guy doesn't do it and keeps your money
>go to the police and sue him for fraud
Does that sound right to you?

Your comparing a well known and not vague law of "Murder" vs a very undeveloped and currently under development law of cyber security and hacking, which for private citizen vs private citizen it is not very well spelled out. So much infact that you can find hundreds of sites like this one in a simple google search. Were as I bet if you search google for "Hire a killer" you probably wont get the same listing

That's irrelevant

You would have to be a mega thicko to fall for this...

I know, I even admitted that I can't believe I fell for it.
But it doesn't take away this companies fraud. What would be the punishment for them?

none

Come on, you can't be THIS fucking retarded.

I honestly think you are fucked, such a legal grey area, what did you use for the transaction?

>pick up random book from the street titled "Death note"
>write a name of a person you hate in it
>they actually die
>feign ignorance you didn't know it was really a death note

"Grey Legal Area"?
I used Western Union
I already called them today with the details of what happened, and they made a fraud case number to give to a local law enforcement agency to work with western union to investigate the case.

Well that would be a grey area, how the fuck could anyone reasonably believe there is a magical killing book? I don't think witchcraft and supernatural crime has been punished since the 16th century.

I mean sure maybe the first time you could easily claim it must have been a coincidence. But if you kept using it after realizing without a doubt it was responsible for the persons death then ya I guess it could be chargeable then, but definitely not for the first use ever in the history of mankind existence.

Oh wait, or were you relating my situation to the deathnote and saying on a first use basis I would actually be forgiven for this 1 particular instance?

If you pay them $300 and ask nicely, they will surely return those $226.

Dear God op .
I'm in awe.

That is all

>do something illegal
>get scammed in the process
>run to the police

When you saw the "hacking" part did you think that was in any way legit, or legal?

Most companies will do security, auditing, or pen-testing, but will never outright say they hack stuff. Also they're Colombian, so that should've said all that you needed to know about them also.

Why didn't you just block them retard?

You're a fucking idiot. Libel laws exist for a reason you dumb faggot.

I hope you end up in federal rape you in the ass prison.

You should have gone to the police when they posted defamatory statements.

Like every other user has stated you got ripped off. Sorry to say this but your money is gone. The lawyers well surely notice your intention of hacking (I know wrong word but please spare me on this one) someone. And that intention would probably give you more trouble than it's worth the lost money.

Talk to a lawyer though.

Listen here you little shit, you're trying to pair one dumb thing up with another.
Two stupids don't make a smart

"Hey I was scammed while trying to do something even more illegal than scamming"

Jesus christ

You're an idiot and you deserved it
Swallow your pride and move on

Retards like OP should be banned.

>buy or sell stolen goods you weren't aware were stolen
>get scammed
>complain to the police

We all know how this goes down. It's your duty to know better.

OP the type a nigga that be callin cops when his drug dealer shorts him out of his oregano

OP couldn't take dis left ye?

>a group of Russian men offered to get my exe's house keys. This is justified because she spread lies about me and they said they would do it legally

That's how retarded you sound

If it's an offence to do a crime it's also an offence to induce another to do that crime: the offence of conspiracy.

OP is clearly a dumbass so I fully expect memejpgs outlining his course through the justice system much like Mark Harding from Cred Forums

Conspiracy is still a crime, op

lookig forward to seeing this on /r/Cred Forums with reaction images and zoomed words,, include me in the screencap :)

Your intent was to obtain a password that you were not authorized to have. You paid money to a third party to accomplish this. The third party did nothing more than take money from a fool, and, in the process, you are now guilty of attempted computer fraud.

Suck it up, buttercup.

>try to purchase illegal services

Yeah there's no legal recourse for ya

>Was any crime committed yet by me?
>Was any crime committed by them?
Yes, attempted (insert applicable anti-hacking law here)
You as a principal by inducement
Them as principal by participation

> Cyber crime enforcement
> undeveloped

Well now I know how you got fleeced.

>western union
What the fuck kinds of retards are around these days roflmao. Your money's gone kiddo, maybe next time you shouldn't mess with the best.

I'll hack him for you and get you your money back.

Just pay me 226 dollars.

google "conspiracy to commit" you dumb faget

OP is long gone guys

>hack
noice font mate
sourcefoundry.org/hack/

>You should have gone to the police when they posted defamatory statements.
Honestly though, what would the police have done?

Assuming OP isn't any sort of celebrity, what recourse does he have against an anonymous person assassinating his character?