/wt/ watch thread

"Mountain Jew" edition

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

cousinsuk.com/category/screwdriver-sets
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cheap copy best copy
>solid endlinks
>great brand
>good lucks
>not jew

Seiko chrono "alternative"

First for THICC watches.

So I just received the thinner (1.7mm), finer Milanese mesh bracelet I ordered for my 52KS. I think it suits the watch a lot better than the Staib Milanese mesh (~3.2mm) I had it one before.

Snagged one of these for 147 Earth dollars, seems like a really good deal. I still like the lobster better but not twice as expensive better.

Those have really nice movements (262khz), so sad they dont make any ones I like the looks of

Looks better even though I dont prefer milanese straps

Yeah the classic diver remakes and the moonwatch are their only tasteful models. The other chrono lines are weapons grade dogshit and don't fucking get me started on the so-called spaceview homage.

Quick review
>solid as fuck watch, bracelet a step down from watch head but very decent
>crazy lume
>decent finished, not a rolex finish though
>but way better bezel, feels like old timey clock work turning that shit
>little ghosting on the nicely domed hard lex crystal
>butter smooth movement feel

Good value for 400$, even for a person used to high end watches

Hey fellas, just received this from my grandma three days ago. It belonged to my grandfather who passed away and wanted it passed down to my dad, who then gave it to me. I like the watch a lot but I've never owned one up until this point.
Was just wondering if I could get some advice on tinkering with it (in case it breaks) and possibly some /fa/ advice since I don't know what kind of straps go with casual wear.

Lol, forgot the pic.

No need to tinkers its a Seiko

Took it apart again, I'm gonna try to hammer some of the material over to the worn out area of the barrel bridge with a staking punch, so that the crown wheel may mesh correctly with the ratchet wheel again. May or may not work, but my watchmaker sensei says this is a temporary solution.

Also I think I can install a hack lever into this movement, supposedly it was an option on the ETA 2783, the mainplate is machined for it. Why they wouldn't install such a low-cost part in EVERY movement from the first place is beyond me, maybe the Torah forbids giving away hack levers to gentile for free.

from the thumbnail it looks like a little lizard eating its tail

Wait, which strap is the one on that pic?

Is that the Phoenix?

Whats so great about it?

I have like 3 nato/zulu straps and they all look like shit on my speedy

What are the actual dimensions for it?

my wrist hair feels pulled just looking at that

im way too hairy

that's a timefactors. It's thick as fuck.

Phoenix straps are regular NATOs of exceptional quality

44mm diameter, 52.6mm lug to lug, and 13.5 mm thick

>Mountain Jew
fuck off Cred Forums

I think you're mistaking mesh for spiedel
I'm pretty hairy and my milaneese mesh never pulled any hair, it's actually smooth as fuck, very nice feeling

Its thicker, not thick as fuck -Mountain Jew

rate my artwork

Ezeh bassa

Nicolas Hayek is an Arab Christian, not a Jew.

What Vostok watch should I get?
What's the best for the money?

Certina DS-2 is my favourite quartz chrono. This one has a thermo-compensated movement and two second hands, one for seconds and one for 1/100 second.

cousinsuk.com/category/screwdriver-sets

Which one for best quality/price, /wt/?

Anything made by Bergeon

Get the Scuba-dude.
70€ for the original without mods.
+ 15€ for a sexy strap.
+ 35€ for a custom bezel.

>120 of Her Majesty's Good Boy Points
>for 9 screwdrivers
Thank you, hooked-nose stranger.

Damn, that looks nice, I may have to get one :)

Into the oven it goes -Mountain Jew

The 9 piece for 32 quid

WAY/wt/, senpai?

Komandirskie?

>Operation Desert Shield
>Boctok
Wut ?
Is this a custom mod ?

Yup.
Nope. Well, the bezel is. Tribute to Gen. Schwarzkopf.

You guys have any kind of ezpz infographics or links to where I can read about how to get a good first "big boy" watch? I figure it's time to class myself up a bit, and I really dig both the physical appeal and mechanical finesse of timepieces.

I just don't know where to start with buying a decent watch -- what's the undercut/ATH-M50/Death Grips/Boku No Pico of watches?

Bagelsport Memegauss

Orient Mako.

Still wearing this fat fucker. Nah but srs its not too big, even on a small wrist like mine(fml btw since im over 6'). And much better than the tudor black bay I recently tried on, the inhouse one.

This Sumo

Also in love with this bezel, better action than a rollie or tudor, clever design. Hard to describe this action, but its like turning a bankvault lock or something. You really need to try a Sumo in person to appreciate it.

How's the size compared to the Turtle?

Dunno havent worn the turtle but it looks a bit smaller in comparison videos

nice cameltoe, user

Wat

12:00 looks like a sexy bikini cameltoe

The 1975 King Seiko 5256-8010 I posted above here:

>going into a management job for the first time
>not sure if i should wear my speedy or not

What would my new subordinates think of me?

Might put it on a NATO? That makes me more relatable right?

How old are you, what industry, what country, city/suburb/rural

Software, US.

I am older than they would be. City.

no one will notice unless they are a watchfag, it's not flashy

I work in software engineering. No one will care what you wear. My coworker wears a Breitling and no one cares.

anyone know how to remove the dial from a Sea-Gull ST17 movement? I read online that asian movements tend to have a screw for that on the side, but there are one or two and I'm not sure which it is/what dimension screwdriver I need for it.

Recently acquired this Seiko 5. Planning to buy a $300-500 diver / dress watch this December. Any ideas?