When did you upgrade from your c2d ?

When did you upgrade from your c2d ?
I only upgraded this year.

c2d was cozy

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piledriver_(microarchitecture)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steamroller_(microarchitecture)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excavator_(microarchitecture)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

my 2010 crapple air still has a c2d and i'll probably replace it next year

When I got a laptop with a quadcore i7-740.

I dunno 5-8 years ago can't recall.

I am back to my C2D, after all my newer hardware has failed already.

Still haven't.
>X60 master race since 2006.

You've been using the same thinkpad for 10 years? How many upgrades? How many repastes? Are you a wizard?

intel cpus newer than core2 are botnet
amd cpus newer than bulldozer are botnet

Waiting for next MacBook Air in October to decide if I replace my 2010 C2D MBA.

Waiting on Zen and a better job.

I'm still using a Q6600 and a 7850.

>amd cpus newer than bulldozer

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piledriver_(microarchitecture)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steamroller_(microarchitecture)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excavator_(microarchitecture)

It was 2012 with a 3570K.

I'm still using one. c2d e6600, 8gb ddr2, 750 Ti

It just werks

Still using one now, since it's impossible to disable the IME on anything newer.

THIS

Still running a 2009 MBP with a 3ghz core2duo. It runs everything I need it to mostly fine. Even emulates Dolphin and PCSX2 okay.

The summer was extra hot that year, my student hole became a living hell, and the poor thing started acting up and finally not start up properly.

Built a 1000€ i5 2500 + 8GB + GTX 560ti W7 machine soon afterwards, and that's what I've been rocking ever since.

c2q 9400 masterrace

I never had a Core 2 Duo in my life. When it was relevant, I was using an Athlon 64.

>You've been using the same thinkpad for 10 years?
Yes.
>How many upgrades?
2x memory upgrades, SSD upgrade, and 1x heat-sink/fan replacement. The chassis and screen are still in great shape.
>How many repastes?
About half a dozen.
>Are you a wizard?
I'm a sysadmin, so kinda.

Jesus Christ that's autistic as fuck. I've never owned the same laptop for more than 2 years. How does it feel to be that poor?

Laptops aren't cheap dawg.

how does it feel to use a botnet cpu?

>being this poor
Your textural tears look so crisp on my Retina display. :^)

1/10
its the best i can do

Biatch please, I went from pentium 4 straight to quad core i5 in 2008

>not blowing money on useless tech is autism
Alright Jr. whatever you say. I prefer to save my money and because of that I'll be retiring in my fifties rather than working until I'm dead like you.

upgraded from a Pentium D805 to a haswell 4460. You wouldn't believe the performance leap I made. Most notable, besides gaymen was actually using chrome. Opening tabs and surfing in general finally didn't feel like a super demanding task for my cpu

Do people really "upgrade" things like processors? I just buy computers and use then until they stop working, then chuck em. Pretty much everyone I know does the same.

e8400 here

waiting for mainstream cpus to upgrade.
I have a 3.0ghz dualcore
and the mainstream is STILL 3.0ghz dualcore...

the only "upgrades" they did were nanometer thickness and tdp. where the fuck are our affordable budget 5ghz quads? Until then, I'm not budging.

Using a c2d era celeron still. Might be upgrading this year.

Never. I got a CF-53 as replacement for my CF-30, and the CF-53 ate it in a rainstorm while the CF-30 is still going strong.

last year from e8500 to x5470 on same socket
very comfy

Wife and daughters computers are still c2d. One my kodi boxes is still c2d. My server is running c2d era xeons. No need to upgrade any of it.

The internet is a botnet.

Late last year

For everyday uses, I don't notice any speed difference. However, what upgrading to an i5 did was make it so I could play PS2/Wii emulators and record/stream my desktop. Trying to do those things with a C2D E8400 makes for a laggy mess.

>not using an array of pentium 4's to heat your house
C2D sucked. The Anthlon 64 family was comfy

This year as well, moved to a i5-4570 since my T61P chinkpad was getting old.

I'm still using a C2D E8335. Soon I'm building a VM server in this case
>8 core Intel Atom C2750
>16GB RAM, upgrading to 32GB eventually
>AMD FirePro W5100
>240GB SSD
>2x2TB SFF HGST HDDs
>4x4TB LFF HGST HDDs

i upgraded to z97 the last year.

but i had the e2140. RIP.

I went from a P4 to an i7 920 x58 rig, which I have been using since, with several GPU and PCI-E card upgrades since. Never used a C2D as a main system.

However, I do have an Optiplex computer i've been dicking around with that had an E7200, but I did that 775 to 771 mod and replaced that with a Xeon E5450.

Have not upgraded
>Dell Inspirion 1525
>basically my pen testing station

Please, user. I went from a coppermine PIII straight to a quadcore i5 in 2013.

Now that's what I call a performance leap. :^3

Not quite a C2D, but I replaced by Q9550 setup 3 weeks ago with a 6600K. Feels pretty good to join the modern computing world.

when my psu crapped itself cooking the motherboard,

i got a i7920 that im still using now

I upgraded to an i7-6700HQ in 2015. My MSI GE62 is going to die soon, so I'm going to buy an Asus G752.

Im on the same thing as well, what all do you do on yours?

Still have a C2Q and it runs great with a gtx 750ti. Not upgrading until I see zen and kaby.

I still use a C2D in a Thinkcentre as my Pfsense router.

Still got two these going strong.

Just built up a SFF PC with a C2D E6400 this past weekend. Runs PleX Home Theater (through a 9400GT over S-Video) so I can watch standard-def shit on my PVM without it looking awful.

I was using a C2Q Q9300 in my PleX server until recently, too. Not sure what I'll do with that one now.

Still running strong on a q6600. Why would I even want to change.

Still haven't, my Q6600 is still running fine but I'm planning to upgrade it in January.

This year as well. Went from an E8400 OC-ed to 3.6Ghz to used FX6300 @ 4.3Ghz. Feels aight. Don't really play games so it's not that big of an improvement. Having multiple tabs open is easier now and 1080p plays a bit better I feel.

>amount of ghz is everything

Still rocking a phenom ii 965be, it still eats any games i throw at it @60fps (paired with r9 380), planning to snag a b350 with an a12 apu for temporary driver until zen because the power consumption of my current rig is killing my bill (thx dad for separating my electric bill of my room and the rest of the house)

Last yes from a E6700 to an i7 6700k

I like how the numbers stayed the same.

>Bulldozer based

Just a week ago, went from an E8400 to an i5 6500.

but I still use my c2d

This happened to me also.

How?

You can always trannyboot it. Free as in not paying FSF membership fee.

6 or 7 failed modern Asus, MSI and Gigabyte motherboards later with i7 940 and then FX8150 and I decided to go back using old hardware that just keeps working. I never overclocked anything and all motherboards were tested faulty so I got my money back from them. Sold the processors.

2009 macbook pro
8 GB ram
500 GB SSD
new battery installed last weekend
0 repastes

Had mine since 07 (E4400, 2ghz). Replaced it just this year with a 6700k. Hopefully it'll last as long.

i'm gonna see how well 10.12 runs before going down that dark twisting path

>Full load and high temperatures doing fuck all
Yep, that's a c2d alright.

>thx dad for separating my electric bill of my room and the rest of the house)

Is this even possible? Two account for one house; Where do you live? I'd like to know because i suspect my imouto who currently freeloading in my house due to proximity of her of school, having a shitload of things in her room. My monthly bills increased 150$ since her arrival.

This was meant for

How did so many break?

botnetting microcode has been possible since at least the pentium pro, probably earlier

Penryn MacBook Pro user here. Will probably get one of the new Skylake models when they're released

I still got around 10 775 cpus from Celeron dual core up to core 2 quads, motherboard failing left and right but the CPUs themselves refuse to die.

No idea really, usually a faulty chipset was the reason written on the receipt when I got the refund. They were not the cheapest motherboards either, two actually were Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 models and both had a faulty chips in them. Don't remember the exact models of the other ones on top of my head right now and I don't feel like checking from the receipts.

I have a random HP workstation with e8400 that has not failed yet and other computer with Q9550 and Asus P5Q SE/R motherboard. Both old and still working without any problems.

I had a C2Q Q6600 that I upgraded in april to a 5820k.

Still using my C2Duo lads. Comfy as fuck I am.

:)

>When did you upgrade from your c2d ?
Last year. Went from E6700 to Q9450 and then went to X5470 like 2 weeks ago.

I'm not seeing many reasons to get a new mobo or move to Windows 10. Thoughts?

Wrong, Bulldozer is 10h based, newer are 15h

I never had a Core2Duo. I went straight from Pentium 4 to Core2Quad.

Then I went from Core2Quad to 4770k

Then I went from 4770k to Dual Xeon E5-2699v4

yes but Core2 runs without that microcode, newer do not

E8400/E8700

>I went straight from Pentium 4 to Core2Quad.
>Then I went from 4770k to Dual Xeon E5-2699v4

E6550 overclocked to 2.8 Ghz. Waiting for Zen familia.

I just using a e2160 but upgrading to Xeon soon

Upgraded this year from Q6600 that didn't overclock well to a 6600K.

FEELS GOOD MAN

music and video rendering, and games.

I used to do 3d map modeling for gears of war 1, ran dedicated servers, etc.

I still play gaymen from time to time, but since 2014...idk...it feels like gaming turned into a big fat cash grab. The industry don't give a shit about quality gameplay anymore, only shiney graphics, forcing players to upgrade, its a dumb cycle. So now I only emulate and play old games. Only some "newer" titles like Halo Online from time to time...

I'm still using a c2d I bought in 2007 as my main desktop, I probably won't replace for a couple of years yet

>my neghbour is still playing CS go on 8400 I sold him years ago.

what I dont understand is how

single e8400 is $10 USD
single g4400 is $70 USD

the g4400 is not even close to 7 times as fast.

single 6600k is $230 USD
and its not 23 times as fast. Its not even 10 times as fast as an e8400.

upgraded from a q6600 with a shitty hp motherboard with no OC capabilities to a z97 4690k platform in early 2016. no more bottlenecks and emulators run at full speed

youre not very bright, are you

Money doesn't linearly scale with performance lol

my Q8300 is more than suitable for computing things i need it for like streaming multimedia

the problem is 775 hardware is fucking overpriced as fuck

it was cheaper to just build a haswell build

Old niche hardware is expensive, you can buy 8gb of DDR4 for much cheaper than the DDR2 or DDR3 double sided required on the G4X platform.

Not to mention that H110M motherboards like the Asus H110M-K go for $60 USD a pop here brand new.

last year

>the problem is 775 hardware is fucking overpriced as fuck

protop, look into 771 mod so you can use a xeon. got my 3.17ghz xeon for $20 shipped. running at 3.8ghz in a 775 socket. has like 12MB cache and im running on a 1333MHz FSB.

I upgraded my Phenom I 9600 in 2012. It was actually a downgrade to a T8100 C2D. I got a 3610QM later.

i still have a core2 quad (q6600)

still performs decently

X5450 here. Super comfy

I still run a Q6600, nvidia geforce gts250 and 4gb of ram as main pc
>sue me

X5460 here. $20 shipped for the CPU :) Running it at 3.8GHz.

Joining the other Q6600 anons here, but with a Radeon 7750 and
>8GB
of RAM

Sven Coop is stuttering in some maps, what the hell

I still haven't, X200s master race.

>53 processes
>100% cpu usage
you better have boinc or some shit running, otherwise this really shows that core2 was a overhyped piece of ass tech

Get a 2nd meter installed by the electrical company/municipal utility that supplies you, should be possible (looking into that myself for various reasons)