Is it the year of the Linux desktop yet?

Is it the year of the Linux desktop yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

humblebundle.com/gamemaker-bundle
cheesetalks.net/humble/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is for me

I don't think it ever will

it is if you aren't a literal retard or some fagboy gaymer.

I have seen plenty of people that still don't go to linux, even when it's good enough.

the Year of the Linux Desktop is going to arrive pretty soon because eventually the kind of people that use Linux are going to be the only people using desktops. Everyone else will be on smartphones and tablets, maybe a few will still have laptops.

Yea maybe. How soon?

well consumer sales of desktop PCs have been awfully weak for a long time. The only people that buy them are gamers and businesses. Some businesses, last place I worked I got issued a laptop, even though I never worked outside the office.

so I think it's arriving at the pace at which old boomers' superannuated P4s die off. Normies replace an old desktop with a mobile device, or don't replace it at all if they already have one.

And keep consoles for gaming. But there will always be people using Windows I think.

There will never be a year of the Linux desktop

Yea probably

>>And keep consoles for gaming. But there will always be people using Windows I think.
eventually that's just gonna be businesses. Windows will just turn into a platform for their expensive proprietary applications, along with a few things that businesses like that the free-software world hasn't replicated at the same level (I'm thinking of Active Directory)

And you're right, mainstream gaming will move onto consoles, but there probably will be some Linux support there.

Nice image without context, in that bundle there's practically no linux products:
humblebundle.com/gamemaker-bundle

Take for example the most recent bundle where most products had linux support:
cheesetalks.net/humble/

In the bundle of your image is already impressive that so many people are counted as linux users, they probably dual boot.

If they dual booted they would buy one windows.

>If they dual booted they would buy one windows.
to be honest i don't understand what you're trying to say.

Sorry I am super fucking high. I think that if the user dual boots with both Linux and windows, they would buy the programs and shit mainly for windows.

Bump

What is the most windows-like linux distro?

>Is it the year of the Linux desktop yet?
I heard this meme in 2002

Depends

Yea that is how old it is.

Most would probably say mint

Exactly. Maybe they were counted as linux users because they bought the bundle from linux but most of the goods in the bundle doesn't contain linux-compatible content, so they'll use it on windows.

Exactly! Bro but in all honesty I hope linux does better because windows is really going the drain. Especially with all the shit going on now, with spying bullshit.

I was hopeful for a while, but then I just switched to OSX instead.