Laptops for poorfags

What's a good cheap laptop for a uni poorfag like me?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01DT4A2R4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thinkpad X serious, stick loonuks on it. If you're really destitute the X200 is ~$60. Plus it doesn't have a trackpad, just nub, so you look like a l33t hacker.
It looks old as fuck, but it's circa 2008 and pretty damned powerful.

Lenovo

Which model?

Thinkpad X60. I've been using mine for ten years and it's still powerful enough to everyday usage. Browsing, Word Processing, Text Editor, Light IDE, etc.

Just get a chromebook

How much does it weigh?

I got a tecra s10 for free from a class, so I assume they are pretty cheap, running linux mostly cause the x32 win 7 seems a tad boggy on it, but its fine for browsing and youtube and such, downside is it weighs a ton, looked up specs for a ps2 emulater and the cpu was just under, so didnt try that

What's some of the best I can possibly get for ~$600, at 14''?

thinkpad yoga

How about ~$800..

This

I'm not familiar with them at all, so I have a dumb question:
If I wanted to write a C program, would I have to download some app that can only be used when I have internet connection? Or can one install full blown IDEs on chromebooks?

>

You can 'jailbreak' them and install a normal Linux distro at the cost of some boot time and some of their (already not huge) hdd space

I think Asus has some nice ones released (new ux205, cheap r209) both are fanless.
But got dammit OP give us a budget estimate

Ux305*
I think it's top value for money in the $800 range with the HP envy a close second
the ProBook 6xx's are good too and But a bit more durability (altough with fans) at a bit less specs

just ordered me a Dell E6530 Core i7 3720QM 2.60GHz for $300 did i do ok/? im not sure

This is a meme right?

Can anyone recommend a cheep laptop for the most basic needs?
Web browsing, facebook, youtube and listening to music are the only things it will be used for.
I would like to stay in the $250 range if possible, but I can be flexible if there is a better bang for my buck.
I would like to avoid cheap Chinese brands too.
Ideally I would like it to last as long as possible.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01DT4A2R4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is pretty good also has a back-lit keyboard it also easy to upgrade. About a month after a bought it just added another 8gb of RAM and a 1tb hd

whats up with people recommending ThinkPad x60 and x200 like a college student wants to lug around that dinosaur looking monstrosity around? Like, its 2016 man fuck off...

like I understand some people here in Cred Forums love to lug around that old shit and have a hard on for it, but piss off man those computers look like shit and are heavy as fuck.

Ideapad 100s

Which model?

Why shouldn't I buy the E-5574G?

any.

Any cheap thinkpad. All of them will serve you well. you probably want to ask/look for one of these:
t60, t61, x60, x61, t400, t420, x200, x220,
Visit /tpg/
>

Thinkpad T420s start at $120 or less on ebay.

A T60/T61 with an SSD is useable too, but without one it's too slow. And the screens are low res unless you go for the high res ones. Should set you back something like $70

Yeah just get a macbook for $150... Oh wait....

>what is thinkpad x-series

Asus vivobook e403.
Planning to get one for myself around Christmas time hopefully for around $350 or less.
It's not very powerful but it's light, cheap, and the battery lasts for 11 hours or something ridiculous.

X220

Decent, not fantastic and not horrible. The GPU is dogshit but it's still a little better than a modern iGPU, that i7 is still good. That's a decent business model so it should last you a good long while if you keep it clean.

Camp your towns Craigslist for at least a week, unless you live in the middle of nowhere you should be able to find a decent used system for a few hundred. Sometimes you'll come across stupid good deals when somebody unloads a really high end system from a year or two ago because they don't know its value and just want to dump it.