Why is the only music player worth a damn closed source?

Why is the only music player worth a damn closed source?

Most things worth a damn are closed source.

>only music player worth
Why do you even think so? I never even liked POObar when I was a wincuck.

Who the fuck gets autistic about a fucking music player in the first place?

Stop being a NEET and get VLC like a normal, employed person

Winamp is the best music player ever made.

Prove me wrong.

aimp3

>ugly
>old
>cantevenpressspacetopause

kek

it died when they integrated web browser

Open source devs think playing music in a textmode terminal is better.

>Being autistic over an ugly as a sin old piece of shit mp3 player

Wow how boring is your life, OP?

Just use mpv

>Stop being a NEET and get VLC like a normal, employed person
>media players are the same as media managers
pleb please leave

Is a pressure washer the same as a garden hose?

Because open source is a meme.

What in a music player makes it "worth a damn"? Basically all of them are a frontend for ffmpeg, so... There's very few differences between them, and do you look at your player every time?

>Music player != Media player
Go see a doctor with this amount of autism

Why do you think so?

Lel

Is it possible to "catch" autism?

I was never autistic until I started posting here. My doctor had me take a little test and said that while I scored high for a type of autism he wasn't worried about it since I hadn't had any issues and am already an adult.

See definition of the term "meme".

>only music player worth a damn
use vlc you fucking retard.

>simply playing media is the same as organizing files and folders, managing tags, and automating said work with scripts, plugins and methods like auto-filename-patterns and tag schemes
go suck a mac cock if all you do is downloading mp3s and playing them as-is

vlc is a video player, you fucking retard. foobar is for music.

>an image, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users, often with slight variations.

Like this one?

You got it, buddy.

>Foobar
if this wasn't only one of those winamp clones that have broken shuffle. I sure love having one billion songs and this shit playing same 100 over and over again.

literally the opposite of reality, mate. foobar's shuffle takes your entire selection of tracks and plays them back through a scrambled list. it doesn't get better than that

Because it's a virus. It injects ads onto your PC

NO PROOF
O

P
R
O
O
F

The proof is in the pudding, which the author refuses to let you see.

Wonder why he's giving away free pudding but won't let you see the ingredients (((rapist))).

Maybe he doesn't want you fags stealing his secret recipe. Never ever, Lincucks.

Who gives a fuck? It's based on DirectSound and Win32 API so it's completely fucking useless for anyone not using a completely closed source OS.

Foobar's source would only be valueable if it allowed for cross platform usage and it won't. Use mpd + ncmpcpp already.

>>>/mpv/

What the fuck does mpv have to do with anything in that post? mpd + ncmpcpp isn't related to mpv whatsoever and has been around long before mpv even existed.

Open sourcing Foobar is useless. You'd need to fork it and rewrite the entire shit to be cross platform and no one will bother doing it. So it might as well be closed source as it will only work on Windows anyway.

>the proof is GPL-fueled conspiranoia
Richard, pls, you're writing inane comments

this

>takes autism test
>doctor says stop being NEET
Kek

>install foobar2k in a clean virgin VM
>no ads being injected into system
wow !

Name one open source program that is superior than a closed source one.

just windows media player. why go out of your way to install foobar when you already have something that works perfectly? what more do you need?

openssh

it really whips the llama's ass

Nostalgia'd

Simple: Peter wants to maintain the control and quality of foobar2000. in his hands only. With a open source model, he would have to deal with increassed outside pressure, intromission of other people in his work, loss of reputation by proxy, inevitable FOSS drama and other etc.

My man

Foobar's copy command so I can shitpost what I'm listening to at people.