Why would anyone use linux if it doesn't run games

why would anyone use linux if it doesn't run games

What games would you run on a server/router?

A server is different than a desktop.

why would anyone use Windows if they don't play video games?

What else is there to do on a computer?

Work. Not like/v/ babbies would understand.

Just throw away your PC and buy a console

You can run that on Windows though?
And I've seen Windows used on work computers far more than linux, granted, they are technically tailor-made windows.

I've never seen linux out in the open.

Where I work, they use Linux indefinitely because our simulation software runs on Linux/Mac only

depends what you do in life, Cad for the most part exclusively uses windows

>I've never seen linux out in the open.
t. someone who thinks there's no use of computers other than games

Linux definitely has games...

go back to neopets forum you fucking normie

>"Work"
>Calls people babbies
>Is still in school

Games that are not from 2002 or have graphics that resemble most games in 2002.

Checkmate.

If you care about graphics, get an xbox or a ps4. Warsow is the kind of game that you just couldn't play on console because you'd be too bad at it.

Beyond Earth.

> 2016
> Still trolling with this shit

1/10

most people who use linux are basically just role-playing tech relevant people.

Windows is much better for work though

Run Linux as your host os on Intel integrated graphics and use IOMMU passthrough in vmware workstation to pass your GPU into a Windows 10 VM.
Games run without a hitch. 99% native performance. You get to run free software on the metal.
It's a few button clicks in vmware. Honestly everyone makes it seem so hard.

Did you even see the file name, retard?

Linux-user here. If you want to completely shut down freetards, just tell them Windows can do everything Linux can and more.

They'll be able to name a very few Linux-specific things like kvm but then you just call them out that they don't actually need that shit and point out all the shit Windows does that Lindon't.

this

1. for anything other than gaming
2. to avoid being constantly spied on
3. for the experience of tinkering and customizing your OS beyond choosing a color in the settings
4. to fully control your OS, instead of letting it control you
5. to feel superior to normies

Linux has AAA games like Metro and Borderlands.

does people still play games? i thought the games industry were dead

For the same reasons people use MacOS and BSD. If you don't use Photoshop and you play games on a console, then Linux will do everything you need. Most people spend upwards of half of their time on their computers in the web browser, which is why ChromeOS is so popular now. GNU/Linux can also be a hell of a lot faster than Windows. I still use a Thinkpad T400 and Debian makes a world of difference from Windows 7 or 8.1. You can also get a better understanding of how your OS works. Also Debian doesn't watch me jerk off.