/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

puppylinux.org/main/Long-Term-Supported Puppy.htm#lucidpuppy
mega.nz/#F!qx9iSbKB!tf9hqOYjJqzo6mGvFbKSDQ
windowsmatters.com/2016/05/13/gandalfs-windows-10pe-x64-threshold-2-build-10586-version-05-13-2016/
torrentproject.se/
thepiratebay.org/
extratorrent.cc/
rarbg.to/
yts.ag/
1337x.to/
wiki.videolan.org/VSG:Video:Color_washed_out/
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/600_series_connector
stackoverflow.com/questions/30698619/swi-prolog-pass-a-goal-with-non-zero-arity-through-the-command-line-arguments#30698708
windowscentral.com/how-re-activate-windows-10-after-hardware-change
windowscentral.com/you-do-not-need-activate-windows-10
microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources
amazon.com/Java-Beginners-Guide-Herbert-Schildt/dp/0071809252
microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool
rufus.akeo.ie/
forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/520008-Chromium-crashes-on-OpenSUSE-Tumbleweed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm looking to get a new SSD. Who are the good manufactures nowadays? Is it still just Samsung and Kingston or are there some new companies making good shit? Also is black friday and cyber monday still the best time to get deals on electronics?

in outlook, how do i make it so all mail from one sender gets sent to the trash instead of my inbox? my college sends uninteresting news bulletins twice a day and there's no way to unsubscribe.

Is there any way I can monitor the ADSL2+ line on my router?

(You)

Add a rule. It's also in the right-click menu when under it.

How does the linux kernel remain so small despite providing drivers for so many different kinds of hardware while drivers on windows for individual hardware can range from tens to hundreds of mb

thank you

Windows drivers are self-contained programs while linux drivers are programmed directly into the kernel with few lines of code. Both designs have their own strenghts and weaknesses.

It isn't small.

Intel's always been tops. Sandisk is decent. Some people say piny is bad. OCZ is never-buy status. Every other name brand is usually decent.

You mean like record down time?

I was thinking more along the lines of intercepting the traffic coming to my modem.

Yeah, you can monitor and firewall what's coming in if you've got a sufficiently advanced firmware, but I wouldn't call it "monitor the ADSL2" if you were doing a google search or asking around for help.

In order to be able to copy some files to my HDD I have to make a bootable USB with Linux.

I'm using UNetbootin to create the bootable USB. What's the best OS for the USB to easily copy the files from the flash drive to the hard drive?

I suppose you could install a simple line splitter and introduce a second modem in listen only mode.

Installing a splitter should be easy, it is an analog line.

About the modem with listen only I don't know. Maybe someone else can help,

Well, if you think you can figure out mounting a drive, puppy is only about 140mb

puppylinux.org/main/Long-Term-Supported Puppy.htm#lucidpuppy

Lubuntu is about 700mb if you want something a little less minimalist. If you want an easy, full blown windows PE you can go with gandalfs. Here's a small but slightly glitchy install

mega.nz/#F!qx9iSbKB!tf9hqOYjJqzo6mGvFbKSDQ

Or a 3gb super version, which is great for windows repair in general:

windowsmatters.com/2016/05/13/gandalfs-windows-10pe-x64-threshold-2-build-10586-version-05-13-2016/

Is it worth getting a MacBook to use for travel? Currently using an old (8 - 9 years) Toshiba Satellite running Arch with XFCE. Obviously I would be buying a used one because I can't justify spending a fortune on hardware that isn't even as good as my phone.

tried puppy last night, couldn't boot roperly as it said "pup_420.sfs" was missing despite it being inside the flash drive.

For now I'm installing Ubuntu and trying with it.

Keep in mind I have NO idea on how to code or program, I'm simply doing this because an user here told me it would be a good way.

How come sometimes when I have idlemaster on and put my computer to sleep, it has a bunch of new cards when I wake it up? Does Steam think I'm still idling because it never got the proper logoff signal or something?

If you already have linux installed, why don't you just copy the files from within it?

Could be that when you wake it up it causes it to refresh itself, and notices the cards for the first time then even though they'd been there for a while.

the Pc has windows installed and I want windows. I'm just trying to find what's the best way to create the bootable USB with Linux to just copy the files.

Yesterday I tried Kaspersky, Damn small Linux and Puppy, but from all those only Damn small booted properly and from them it was way too hard for me to copy the files, as it asked me to ount the HDD or sme shit. Also, I was using a 1GB USB, and now I have a 64gb one, so I can try other options.

Mac's have the whole "just werks" thing going for them, but you can usually find better specs for the price. Just look for models that have good reviews. How powerful do you need it to be?

So you have a dual boot, and your trying to move your files from linux to windows?

Any way to disable the security feature on Android where you need to enter your password the first time you unlock after powering it on? Used to be I didn't have to do this and could fingerprint unlock it every time.

Not really concerned about the security impact since I am sure anyone capable of bypassing the fingerprint lock could probably get past the password just as easily, and the only reason I have a lock at all is to discourage casual snooping for when I leave it on a table or something.

What website is good for torrenting now? I miss kat...

Is there any good 2 factor authentication around yet that works with my phone, is very fast/convenient, and will work virtually everywhere? I've seen some promising stuff before but never bothered because it only worked on 1-2 sites I actually used, and seemed pointless to set up special authentication just for that.

Someone I know uses limetorrents and says it's good, though I haven't used public trackers in years myself. Might want to try to invest a bit of time into getting into some private ones so you don't have to worry so much about this shit. (Not that they don't go down occasionally as well, but they're not really as high profile targets, and torrent sites seem to be falling pretty rapidly lately.)

why do people use linux when nothing works properly in linux? is it just a big meme?

Sorry I'm bad at explaining myself. Let's see if I get this straigh now.

the PC has an HDD with just files and an SDD with only windows 7 (recently installed as I changed my motherboard). Windows boots with no problem, but for some reason (missing drivers, I suppose) it can't read USB or connect to the internet.

I have a laptop that wrks and I downloaded all the drivers here. So I want to copy these drivers to the main PC. Thing is, because it can't read USBs, how do I copy these files? The given solutions(unless you know about something else) are:

-Burn the drivers in a DVD
-use a "SATA t USB" adapter and copy the drivers directly in the HDD
-Create a bootable USB flash drive with Linux and copy the files from the USB to the HDD from there.

As I don't have DVDs or a bruner or the adapter, the USB Linux option seems to be the best idea. Or so I tough.

Depends on your own needs. Some very specific situations are actually more convenient for Linux. Programming (sometimes) or emulation (usually) come to mind.

Of course, a lot of people also do it as a kind of personal statement against Microsoft and proprietary software in general, but honestly I think if you have any sense you will base your software decisions purely on your own convenience and don't worry about some bullshit activism that nobody is going to see.

Want to build a new PC

My plan was to have dual boot with Windows 7 and Windows 10, so I can play Dx12 games on 10 and do everytnhing else on 7

but MS is being a shit and is removing pick a patch abilities with updates on 7 anyways, so i'm considering doing Linux and Windows 10 instead

I've never used a non windows OS and i'm not sure I could handle a Linux OS. What's the best beginner one? Should I stick with 7 anyways? Will a combination of Linux + 10 run everything I could possibly want, or will there still be some software that falls through the cracks?

I've nearly given up on looking for a more premium replacement for my Define R5 that has no side panel window, so I've opened up my options to windowed cases. How dark do these things get inside when there's no LEDs? None of my parts have LEDs so could I go with a windowed case and never have to see what's inside it?

I have dualbooted 7 and 10 myself, specifically for compatibility reasons. 7 can just about always run older software with some combination of compatibility settings (up to a point, of course), while 8+ fucked up a lot of legacy software compatibility when DirectDraw support was axed, so 7 is a good system to keep in reserve for when something doesn't work well on newer ones. As far as Linux + 10 running everything you want... that depends on what you want. But I wouldn't expect those games that won't run on W10 (mostly older stuff reliant on DirectDraw to function) to work any better on Linux.

How come external graphics cards aren't more common? Is the amount of data required to be passed back and forth too much for something like USB to handle? Or just a matter of not wanting to add extra lag into the equation?

Ubuntu is easymode and there's tons of tutorials out there. Use the XFCE variant with some theming and you're good. I use Debian personally with KDE on my self-built PC and XFCE on my laptop.

PCIe 3.0 x16 can transfer about 15 GB/s
USB 3.1 can manage about 1 GB/s
Granted GPUs don't need that full bandwidth but USB is still a bottleneck.

torrentproject.se/

thepiratebay.org/
extratorrent.cc/
rarbg.to/
yts.ag/
1337x.to/

Yeah, sounds like your having the win7 skylake problem. I'd go ahead and make the full 3gb gandalf disk if your internet is fast. That thing should work like butter.

Personally I find 10 pretty anoying, but it's up to you. You can always switch later. Microsoft is supposed to start offering security update only rollups for 7 that have to be downloaded manually once a month. Somebody will probably develop something to get them automatically. If your system has vt-d you could think about running linux as a host and windows 7/10 as VMs, otherwise a dualboot is fine, if a little incovenient. The easiest forms of linux are probably mint and manjaro.

How to transfer all the torrent files and maybe some settings from Ktorrent to another torrent client?

Open the torrent files and add them paused then verify the data
Settings you'll probably have to do manually.

This is from a PC I put together with some help in 2010. Would it be worth it just to try to upgrade the GPU or should I go for new everything?

Let me know if you need more information.

Up until now, external connections have been WAY too slow to be worth it. As of thunderbolt 3.0 they're starting to get fast enough to make sense. As external connections get better eGPU opsions should become more prevalent.

Should probably do a new build.

If I setup a VPN at home and used it while at work on a personal laptop would it hide when I'm doing from IT?

when=what

>qt3.141592653 gf uses iPhone 7 and MacBook pro
>I'm full Lenovo shill with chinkpad and g4 play
>gf tells her friends it's okay because I'm like Elliott from Mr Robot without the psychosis
>she thinks this because laptop is riced with Linux and paranoid parents did a background check on me and found some "hacking related" charges from my youth
>I couldn't hack my way out of a wet paper bag in 2016, despite being the shit in 1996
>parents really only ran background to make sure I'm not pedo since gf is 21 and I'm almost 40
>just wanted to date someone not concerned with marriage and babies after my divorce but fell in love

So how do I convince gf to stop buying Apple?

A new GPU would keep it running for few years but you'll have to eventually upgrade your CPU too. That'll mean replacing the motherboard, RAM and processor cooler.

can anybody linked me to a /tech/ approved guide for getting the least pozed installation of Windows 10? (text to guide, YouTube videos etc.)

I just want as many "back doors" closed off as possible. (I've heard that editing settings in the router is necessary as the host file no longer works, is this true?)

I'm still on win7 but I want to make a brand-new clean install of win10, just for games and streaming. (and whatever Windows only software I have to deal with).
other than that I'm going to set up another hard disk and experiment with Linux Distros asked us to find the one I like best as a daily desktop driver (I'll probably start with mint as that seems to be the most popular solution for people jumping ship from Windows)

can anybody help?

I have lot of MS dos old school games. Currently on windows10 (dont hit me) I must use DOSbox to emulate them.
I am newb and only way I am able to is to go to game folder location, pick exe with mouse and drag it over the shortcut of Dosbox to open it with this programe.
What I ask, is there a way to make shortcuts for games some way to automaticaly open them with dosbox ?

you probably just need to use whatever the best DOSbox frontend available today is

it should be able to make shortcuts to games and also give you unique settings based on those games

Nothing super special. My desktop build is used for media and gaming. I think if I had to say, I'd prefer to have at the very least an i3 with 4 gigs of RAM and an SSD.

Yes. Make a shortcut to dosbox and add the location of the game exe in the target. Like

"C:\Location\of\DOSBox.exe" -conf "C:\Path\to\DOSBox.conf" C:\Path\to\Game.exe

>frontend

I have no idea what this is. But currently I am running the latest version of Dosbox, I will look up how to make shortcuts on youtube, thanks.

OMG thank you thank you thank you, this is exactly I was looking for you are my hero

No problem bro. Glad I could help! Seeing someone so appreciative makes totally worth it.

No kidding this threads are lifesavers for me and my stupid shit
People like you should have own comic book series called "Heroes of IT" or something
I just wish I will be someday smart enought to pass the knowledge.

They could tell when you were using a vpn, and roughly how much data you were using, but not the contents. If they were extremely motivated they might be able to identify the type of traffic, but it's pretty unlikely that they'd care enough or have the resources to, especially if you use openvpn.

Internally the best you can do is use a tool like W10privacy. It is true that windows 10 completely bypasses the host file, and it's doubtful that any software can supercede that. You can take a shot at blocking microsoft via router firewall, but they could always suddenly change which IPs they use. None of the solutions are ideal.

is W10privacy. the only thing I really need them after I install?

as far as using the router to block things is there a list of IP's I should be blocking?

Appreciate the answer. By type of traffic you mean like if it's http, ftp etc or the actual content?

I've been looking into it and got the impression they should just see encrypted traffic moving from one point to another - is that right?

What are the steps I need to take if I want to use my current harddrive in my new build? How do I format it and install Windows as if it was a new drive?

I'll be totally honest, it's really about 80% knowing the right search terms for Google and not phrasing searches like you're asking it a question. I just knew it needed to go in the target field of a shortcut so I googled "add programs to dosbox target" and the very first result was the dosbox wiki confirming what I already assumed, but I didn't know if there was a command line switch needed like /e or -e to execute the game

I have instaled Linux Mint as dualboot and been screwing around with it for a few months, but I never really used terminal, only GUI.
I feel like I am missing the whole experience, so where would a total idiot start from begining ?
Anyone got a good book recomedation/tutorial videos/anything ?
I know I could look it up, but I would rather start with something good-old-tested thing so I dont ski anything.

>go from win 7 to win 10
>factory reset / clean install fresh
>install everything fine
>try to install itunes for my dad
>one thing that doesn't work

why

Well for this my dad told me a good joke with working with proffesionals in general.

Man goes to work driving his car. The car dies and no matter what he does it wont start again. So he calls emergency services.
30 minutes later comes a guy in rusty old pickup wearing greesy overals, smoking a cig.
Comes to a car, lifts the hood, looks, puffs a smoke, then takes a hammer and smashes the motor.
Car instantly springs to life. He shut down the hood, then walks to driver and says : "It will be 5000 dollars. "
Man is like : "what the hell dude, you just banged it with hammer ?!"
he replies: It is not that I just hit it with hammer, it is to know where to hit it."

Sorry if point got lost in translation.

Check your privilege.

Seriously though.

Ubuntu did the job, but thanks anyways, glad to have someone around helping for this. I really appreciate it.

for 480:
msi or xfx? (or anything else particular?)
4gb or 8gb?

tried running the exe as "admin" but still didnt work.
also doesnt matter because i am the only user on this laptop. no other profiles except mine.

Don't. Not yet. Let it be for now.

Continue dating until you move in together.
Wait for a iPhone update or release of new device. Once the update is done, start blocking all IPs registerd to Apple and distrupting any service she likes or uses.

Apple devices slowly become unusable. Then for an anniversary/birthday buy her a new phone, flowers. Cause the old one hasn't been working.

This should work... It worked for me.

How come a I7 6900k or 6800k is better then a 6700 when going by logical increments and PC parts picker, a 6700k has a higher speed (4ghz vs 3.2/3.5)?

if clock speed isn't actually what determines how powerful a processor is, what value/statistic SHOULD I be looking at?

Yeah, like they might be able to tell you were torrenting, but have no idea what. A superpowerful entity like a government or a crime sindicate could maybe identify which web pages you were visiting based on the size, but that borders on theoretical. You can pretty much asume that all they know is the when and roughly how much, not the what.

>is W10privacy. the only thing I really need

It's more like the only thing you've got. As in the best anyone can do, to minimize the amount of traffic windows spits out.

4gb is enough at the moment on 1080p resolutions. If you want futureproofing or play at higher resolutions then get 8gb.

Any of you deal with carpal tunnel syndrome? I'm fucking dying here.

Benchmarks for thing relevant to what you'll do with it.

The 6800k has 6 cores at a lower clock speed. They can be overclocked but usually not as much as a 6700k because you're limited by your worst core. For multithreaded tasks the extra cores more than make up the difference in performance, for single threaded tasks the 6700k will win.

Also as a note the 6800k is actually Broadwell architecture, one generation behind skylake so the performance per core per clock will be very slightly lower, but not really significantly.

Fix your posture, use a wrist pad, take breaks, stretch.

i'm really pissed off with the low quality of VLC

if i have a video with very washed out colors, how do i dynamically adjust the output colors without having to re-encode the damn video?

if i have a video with a very low frame rate, how do i dynamically interpolate frames to make it watchable? i know this probably requires a different player such as MPC-HC because the AUTISTS behind VLC doesn't like frame interpolation because "muh cinematic"

FUCK VLC

I see, I didn't realize things gotten that bad.

thanks for the info, make some drive images and other safeguards tonight or tomorrow

as I said though my hope is to do 90% of my computing on mint or whatever the best distro for me happens to be.

So you just want everything oversaturated and blurry?
Every example of motion interpolation I've seen looks like garbage.

are you using an Nvidia card? that's usually the problem you have to change your settings for a workaround as the RGB values are incorrect.

give this a try.

wiki.videolan.org/VSG:Video:Color_washed_out/

that helped me out when I was having a similar problem

When moving files from an incredibly slow HDD to an SSD, does the awful speed of the HDD effect the transfer rate or is it solely up to the SSD at that point?

fuck off, sometimes the video was just poorly mastered and it's disgusting and unwatchable without adjustments, and sometimes the video is only 15 fps, literally unwatchable, but you might still want try to salvage it, especially since porn doesn't involve much motion and should be easy to interpolate decently

no, all other videos look fine except for this one

dumb question but will an ordinary 3.5mm audio extension cable work with a mic?

Yeah

>wrist pad

Doesn't that make it worse by pressing the tendons?

Every element involved in the transfer will affect the speed. The bottleneck in your case will most likely be the read speed of your HDD (along with the limit of the SATA interface in case that's old as well).

Thanks

If you're using proper posture it shouldn't matter since you won't be resting your wrists, but we both know you're going to be lazy sometimes and its better to have a pad for that.

I like that. It's pretty good!

you rest your forearms (you don't have the keyboard right at the edge of the desk), then the wrists are in the air by themselves

it's not really a "wrist" pad then, is it..?

you don't need a stinking wrist pad

What Windows 7 edition will run the best on a 5 year old laptop with 4 GB RAM and a core i5? Someone recommended Enterprise, is that the way to go or did I get bamboozled?

You are fucking brilliant. We're getting a place together soon since she's almost finished with uni and I know she'll want the 7s when it comes out.

She makes jokes like she wants to learn to do the shit I do because she thinks my desktop looks better than hers and I've got her using a few terminal apps, like ncmpcpp connected to mpd+icecast on my NAS so she doesn't have to keep all of her music on her laptop so I suspect the transition to Linux won't be too hard. She doesn't use Photoshop, and running OS X already has her prepared for the fact that certain software is Windows only.

>If you're using proper posture it shouldn't matter since you won't be resting your wrists

Elbows shouldn't be above the wrist, what are you talkin about

One thing you must keep in mind is to never suggest or complain about her using apple devices.

This can blow your entire plan.

Talk to her about all the cool features they have. Find an app that is iPhone/OSx only and show it to her. Ask sometimes to borrow her device so you can use them.

It needs to feel that you accepted the fact (especially if you complained before) and the transition needs to seem her idea.

If you need more help/advice I'll stay awake for an hour more or so.

authentication for what?

>yts.ag/

Is CS a meme? People on Cred Forums say that they regret studying CS, why? I'm currently weighing between CS or Meteorology. But I feel like CS is the optimal for not being a wageslave.

>yts.ag/

Yeah?
Didn't the YTS crew chicken out?

what happens when you manually adjust with viddeo effects?

I'm sure this has been asked a quazillion times

What is the best language to learn first as a complete noobie?

assembly

Spanish

Whats the easiest way to use ffmpeg functions on windows ?

Ultimate is fine. Enterprise's big draw is for windows 10, where it has a little less bullshit than the pro version.

If you have a problem, use your words.

Depends what your goal is.

1) If you wanna understand all the inner workings of a computer when it runs code start with assembly. (make sure to learn the basics of digital logic and simple electric circuits).

2) If you want to focus more on programming itself. While still somewhat understanding what is going on learn ANSI C.

3) If you just wanna get shit done quickly and half-hazardously learn python.

Elaborate on what you wanna do and I'll fine tune the answer for you.

Everytime I open certain apps on my friends mac it asks me if I want to allow or deny "incoming network connections".
This is despite those apps being set to always allow incoming connections under the firewall settings.
Anyone who's solved this themselves?

YIFY a shit

I don't think I have thought this through as much as I should have

I think it's the programming itself that i'm interested in. I think it would be cool to learn something that makes me more advanced with using computers, so I can do some cool stuff.

Don't know if that's vague as fuck. Maybe ANSI C is what i'm looking for.

Yeah, it's vague. You need a purpose, no matter how small it is.

The site still works well, and for people who don't get into private trackers it's pretty much the most convenient place to get 90% of released movies. The user experience really didn't change when yts took over. I'm sure there are better encodes out there, but yts isn't bad and it's comfy as fuck.

DIdn't know where to ask, might as well ask here.

After 4 years of Information Technology major on a US college, is it customary to go straight ahead for the masters, I was thinking of something like Software Engineering, or wait a couple of years and let the employer pay it for you completely.

Well I think the purpose is to learn several languages. So I was thinking about what a good entry level language was before progressing to other languages like Java.

I bought a pre-built years ago with Windows 7. I am making a new build. I do not have a Windows 7 disc, it was pre-installed.

Piracy aside, do I seriously have to buy a new copy of Windows 7? From what I gather, my serial is useless as OEM serials cannot be used twice.

I mean, yes and no. Are you reformatting the old one? Just use Daz's to reinstall the same key. Is it a different build? Just use Daz's to reinstall the same key, illegally.

Oh, but either way, yeah, you gotta download a disc. But the discs aren't important, it's the keys, no one gives a shit about the disc, I think you can still even get it straight from M$.

is there a chat program that doesn't spy on you, is smooth to use and lets you send files? (no dc, failed messages, lag, etc)

It's a new build, the only things I'm keeping are the optical drive and the HDD (which I guess I have to format? This is my first time assembling a PC and this is making me want to kill myself)

You can't transfer an OEM license to a new computer no. You could call up the microsoft activation hotline and claim your mobo died and you're replacing it. It likely won't work but you're just out a few minutes. You can buy fairly cheap keys of kinguin. Most people report not having any problems with them. Getting a clean disk is pretty easy, as is pirtating for that matter, if you trust what mydigitallife puts out

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

I give up. I need a scanner/printer that isn't shit. Is there anything special I should look for or avoid in a laser printer? I'm thinking about splurging for a color one, maybe even one that automatically feeds for the scanner so I can digitize my shit easily.
>(which I guess I have to format? This is my first time assembling a PC and this is making me want to kill myself)
Realistically, yeah, you gotta format. It's one of those things that's teeeeechnically possible to do, removing all the old drivers and installing the new ones, and making sure that everything is configured correctly for the different motherboard/chipset/audio/networking/etc. But no one actually knows how because it takes half an hour to install Windows, and then however long it'll take you to reinstall all your stuff and reconfigure it. What other stuff is giving you trouble? Assembling the hardware is a breeze, and choosing it is something we can help with.

Why should I use mpv instead of baka mplayer?

>browser bookmark bar burned into screen

FUCKING.

There's no way to fix this shit right? Since I may as well get a new monitor, any 144 or 120hz suggestions?

>What other stuff is giving you trouble?
The fact that I thought I would be able to use my legal acquired copy of Windows on the new PC I am building when it turns out I cannot.

Said legally acquired copy of Windows is one that's licensed for use on the machine it's sold on, which is why it didn't significantly add to the initial cost of the machine. That computer would have been easily $100 more if they had included a normal retail version of Windows with it. Downloading Windows isn't difficult, if your morals allow.

I'm currently living in a small public housing type place. They have wifi we can use in the office area but not in our apartment. However...
There are these two boxes in the kitchen. They don't have a power supply at the moment so they're not doing anything, but I'm curious.

They each have five ethernet ports, some of which are connected to the wall, plus they each have a USB port on the side.
There's also one of these on the wall nearby:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/600_series_connector

Questions:
Can anyone tell me more about what these are specifically?
What are the wall connections likely connected to?
And, what I'm really after here, with the right setup would I be able to get an Internet connection through here?

Sorry for blurry photos, best I could get.

Look for a laser printer with cheap third party toner.
Almost nothing else matters.

Any brands to avoid?

Drop the wishfull thinking. Those are probably just leftover connections from somebody's personal ISP. Best you could hope for is that there's less of a setup fee if you sign up for that ISP. There's no reason their office wifi would get linked up to complex wide wiring. Otherwise they'd advertize it as a feature.

What is good Tablet to buy nowadays with respect to affordable price and decent specifications

OEM keys can be used twice. When you activate on a new computer you just have to click that you did service or some shit and go thru their automated phone system wich takes like 5min and you are set.

Heyo! This line of code is supposed to help my newfriend siblings learn how to use the command line.

ccd () {
killall thunar;
echo "We are moving to $1\ $2\ $3\ $4\ $5\ $6\ $7\ $8\ $9\ $10";
#cd "$1\ $2\ $3\ $4\ $5\ $6\ $7\ $8\ $9\ $10" ;
cd "$1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 $10" ;
cd "$1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9" ;
cd "$1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8" ;
cd "$1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7" ;
cd "$1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6" ;
cd "$1 $2 $3 $4 $5" ;
cd "$1 $2 $3 $4" ;
cd "$1 $2 $3" ;
cd "$1 $2" ;
cd "$1" ;
thunar . &
sleep .5 ; xdotool key alt+Tab &
}

I've got it working pretty well, so long as the file names aren't too long.
Now my only problem is that it gives the terminal too much extra output.

$ ccd Truckfighters
We are moving to Truckfighters\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ Truckfighters0
bash: cd: Truckfighters Truckfighters0: No such file or directory
bash: cd: Truckfighters : No such file or directory
[6] 3126
[5]- Terminated thunar . (wd: ~/Downloads/mps)
(wd now: ~/Downloads/mps/Truckfighters)
[7] 3133

How do I stop all this extra output?

Why does Windows 10 randomly fail to start up (or not) when peripherals (the culprit changes every time because Windows) are plugged in?

It works every time I use it.
You tell me how you run the same routine without any redundancies?

Are you making this up? I've never heard about this.

it's the same type of thing that talked about

If you comment out all the "cd" except the last one, does it still work?

>If you comment out all the "cd" except the last one, does it still work?
Only if it's one word. It it's 2 words then only
cd "$1 $2" ;
will work and if it's 3 words only
cd "$1 $2 $3" ;
will work.

So you probably want a loop which runs the arity of input times.

My bios is kind of fucked.

In order for it to recognize drives in uefi mode I had to restore defaults every single time I used a new drive. The thing is, now it doesn't recognize my drive with Windows on it and restoring defaults shows the Windows boot manager entry there but when restarting it's undetected again, so I cannot effectively boot into it.

I tried flashing the latest bios and nothing changes. It's a MSI H81M-E33.

Anyone have any idea how to fix a possibly corrupt USB flash drive ? It's not really used, I've formatted it once and then tried to transfer some movies once, then it fucked up mid transfer
>doesn't show up at "My Computer"
>shows up at the "Safely remove..."
>shows up at disk management, asks to choose MBR or GPT at start, but when choosing either says that "The device isn't ready", shows that the space (58.59 GB) is unallocated and all the options when right clicking(All the new volumes) are greyed out
>tried testdisk or something like that, my best efforts resulted in something like drive can't be accessed or similar response
>using disklist and the other commands through CMD also don't work

Anything else I could try or is the drive totally fucked ?

cd ..

>replacing R5
for what purpose ? unless you're going different form factor

>That only works for moving out of directories. Try to keep up.

What is the best Android emulator?

sounds like you're using windows.
run cmd then put diskpart
then 'list disk'
then 'select disk (yourdrive)'
then clean
then google how to format it i forget

who are you quoting?

>using disklist and the other commands through CMD also don't work
Tried that, says the device is not ready when I try to "create primary partition" after cleaning it

How do I delete shortcuts off Windows 10 without also uninstalling the program?

It's bizarre. Previous Windows never treated deleting a desktop shortcut as also meaning you want to uninstall the program it's linked to.

rma then

Looking to get a laptop for CAD work.
What's my best options for around £700?

Had a look at a Dell Inspiron 15 7000, but it's got a shit keyboard and screen.

Using NVIDIA Inspector's Multi-Display Power Saver to force my card into P12 low clock power state. When is the P8 power state necessary - video playback via. HTML5/Flash, MPCHC? Thanks.

It was an accidental greentext. You have no argument so you need to cling to this minor typing error to avoid admitting you can't write a better script that accomplishes the same thing.

How would I do this? I googled "bash arity" and got this:
stackoverflow.com/questions/30698619/swi-prolog-pass-a-goal-with-non-zero-arity-through-the-command-line-arguments#30698708

Should I put "start(1)" in my argument? I've never dealt with an "arity" before.

The HDD led on my S340 case constantly blinking. Help?

Pull out all the cables from your HDD

I have 5 of them

All the cables from all the HDDs? I don't understand your problem, do you want to know why it's blinking or is the blinking itself bothering you ? It's blinking because HDDs are running, you can just detach the HDD light cable that is usually at the bottom of motherboard

The arity of a function/method/whatevs is its number of arguments.

In your case the number of arguments ccd gets in. I'm not sure how to find that arity, but I assume you can take the length of the array (of arguments) you get in.

From there it's up to you how you build things up using those arguments in a loop.

Please respond

Thanks mang.

How the hell did you manage to burn in, what fucking screen did you have ? OLED ?

What are my options if I want to keep track/location of someone?
Something that uses the phone GPS.
>inb4 cuck
The other part is fully willing and approving of this.

I actually have no fucking idea how it happened, I put my PC to sleep every night.

>browser bookmark bar won't go away.
I've got a much simpler solution, champ.

Its not technically that bothering, but I though that the HDD led was for only the bootdrive disk, not all of them. So its pretty normal?

get a mechanical keyboard and learn proper touch typing

keybr.com

I think you misread, friend.

i think it's normal for it to blink like a motherfucker yeh, just unplug it or cover it with electrical tape

Not sure if it's only bootdrive, but I guess it's in constant use then, mine is also blinking at like 1sec intervals, never really bothered me and was even broken on my last case

Games on my PC keep freezing up for a few seconds and the intervals of freezing keep getting shorter over time. When I have task manager up while playing, it often shoots to 100% usage. Is this the problem? If so, how can I fix it and make my games stop this shite?

your task manager usage goes to 100% ? that's pretty crazy

First figure out which process is using the processor. If you have another monitor then put task manager there with everything sorted by processor use. If you dont then try using resource monitor, it has average processor use for last minute.

I meant the hard disk usage lol

When I had it up, I noticed that it was a process called "System" or something like that. I'll test it out right now real quick

I got a new motherboard for my pc and I am having trouble getting Win10 activated (I grabbed the free upgrade they had). I got a USB stick with Ubuntu on it but I want to know if there's anything more I can do. I tried googling it but most of it has to do with retail and OEM, which doesn't help me.

see

You can check resource monitor to see which files it is accessing. But most likely you wont get any useful information out of it.

The best solution is to buy an SSD and installing windows on it.

If you change hardware then windows antipiracy thinks you're trying to install the same copy on another PC. You can either resolve it through windows support, buy another copy of windows or pirate it.

Windows 10 got a little easier since aniversary

windowscentral.com/how-re-activate-windows-10-after-hardware-change

That's actually why I'm here, like the tard I am I didn't actually update windows before replacing the hardware.

I need to port a QT app from windows to "linux"

well, the library as well (thats not qt).

What's a good distro to test with?

ubuntu has become bloated as fuck hot damn, i mean i should probably use ubuntu since it's become so "standard" but whatever.

This is going to be a piece of software that comes bundled with a hardware device so i need to test on something that can translate well to everything else.

I just had the game running for a second and this process was sitting at the top the whole time, keeping the disk at 100% usage. Assuming I go for an SSD, will I have to format everything? And would a new HDD be in order too?

what happened to the tek

function updateClock() {
var days = ['SUNDAY','MONDAY','TUESDAY','WEDNESDAY','THURSDAY','FRIDAY','SATURDAY'];
var m = new Date();
var dateString =
(days[ m.getDay() ]) + " " +
("0" + (m.getMonth()+1)).slice(-2) +"/"+
("0" + m.getDate()).slice(-2) + "/" +
m.getFullYear() +" "+
("0" + m.getHours()).slice(-2) + ":" +
("0" + m.getMinutes()).slice(-2) + ":" +
("0" + m.getSeconds()).slice(-2);

document.getElementById('time').innerHTML = dateString;

setTimeout(updateClock, 1000);
}
updateClock();

I want this in DD/MM/YYYY instead of MM/DD/YYYY as it is currently. I have limited knowledge in JS. ;-;

Well, it would have helped having the account linked to your hardware, but you should still be able to try the troubleshooter now that you're up to date, and if that doesn't work you can always fall back to using the hotline.

The only safe and legal way to get a Windows .iso that is confirmed to work is from Microsoft.com yes?

this doesn't seem normal but anyway you can install just the games on the SSD but if the slowdown is caused by the OS you might have to install the OS on the SSD

Ah, gotchya. I'll pick up an SSD asap and give that a try. Thanks a bunch!

something about how they spent shitloads of money on a fursuit something something

they're still making videos aren't they? not that i watch them

What's the name of that really good clock widget that everybody uses? I can't remember the name of it for shit, and I don't see a lock screen thread.

Can somebody give me a realistic example of a unit test? I can't think of any circumstances where The basic examples would ever come back failed unless your code straight up didn't work at all. Or am I just mistaken, and the whole point is to catch stupid basic fuckups?

>but you should still be able to try the troubleshooter now that you're up to date
Most apps (search function, Edge etc) open and then close immediately after. The Activation Troubleshooter brings a protocol error when I try to use it.

i don't know what the legal situation is but it should be safe to get it from some other place because you can check the hash of the file to make sure it's the correct one

I tried a few other sources and none of the hash values matched the official Microsoft ones

but then the one I got from Microsoft didn't match either

so I am confused

I spilled water on my desktop some time ago. It booted up for 4 seconds and then shuts down automatically after that. I replaced psu with one that of my friends but that did not work.

How do I diagnose the problem? I assume it is the motherboard, but I don't know.

Yeah then you're probably down to the 'dreaded' telephone line. I wonder though if everything is alright with your setup. Search and edge shouldn't be affected. Almost nothing should be different than being activated, functionality wise

windowscentral.com/you-do-not-need-activate-windows-10

Which ISO are you after?

Test each component one by one

What is this and why is it wrecking my hard drive?

There shouldn't be anything wrong with the hardware, if there's a problem, it's a) I didn't install that Anniversary update, and maybe b) I'm running x86 on a x64 processor. Do you think downloading a 64bit ISO and doing a fresh install might make things easier? I mean, it's either that or I load up Linux on this.

that's hard cuh

>ram
this probably isn't the problem in the first place
>MB
I cant replace or test this in someone elses pc
>cpu
Need to find someone with same chipset and is a big hassle
>hd
see >ram

It handles your background processes
Also
>wrecking
5MB/s is wrecking anything

Not just a meme; get a thinkpad

Note the hard disk activity

Why are you running x86? Do you have less than 4gb ram?

>Which ISO are you after?
Win 7 Home Premium

but I downloaded it from Microsoft. So it should be 100% golden right?

Hey, I just arrive to a different country from where I live and I have tried to use google maps to take the bus but it always shows nothing. I usually use the app to see which line is the fastest and where can I take it but here it sends me to the walking directions. Anyone knows what can I do?

What do you mean "from Microsoft"? Did you actually have a key they would accept?

I'm looking towards buying a new computer soon. A big upgrade in power and such for vidya and general "multitasking"/entertainment center. I have been recently experimenting with Linux distros and want to make the jump to put it on my desktop.

If I'm going to want to be gayman my best bet is still dual boot with Windows, right? Is Arch ready for Plex or Steam or Battlenet client?

So it is the top process in your entire process list that is using 5.6MB/s? That amount is in no way going to take full i/o.That PLUS the rest of your shit running, is
Nah nigger
dont show y without x

see >pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

Not now, I did a replacement of basically all hardware. 4gb ram > 8gb, dual core to quad core, etc. I also have a H170 as my new motherboard.

That's encryption process in disguise.

Something weird is going on

There are a lot of
1) chromebooks, or
2) thinkpads
that have specs at that level or better, with a pricetag of under $400. Macbooks (any type) is going to run 800+.

Then take it to a computer store (like, an actual one, not best buy) and get them to diagnose it for you. I had a good experience with NCIX the one time I had to do it.

Try Demonsaw

I've already got two T series thinkpads, they're brilliant but I need a decent dedicated GPU for cad and the W series is too old and the P series is out of my budget.

Google probably just hasn't bothered to put the bus lines in your area into their system.

So you did the youtube trick or you torrented it? Which ISO did you get?

Then yes, you should definitely upgrade to x64.

Your system is responding to the things you are telling it to do.
Its most likely some shitty background services wincuck uses

it's nothing, the 96% figure is weird, your drive is probably capable of 100+ MB/s reads

>youtube trick
yes

Win 7 Home Premium SP1

Save up more money. CAD pays for itself if you actually need to be doing it.

You're going to be a wageslave either way, cuck

For the CompSci students.

I just started CompSci at college. How many hours did you spend working on homework,projects and study while not at home? How many hours a day worth was your homework?

Is it bad for a USB DAC to be receiving power 24/7? My mobo always powers the USB slots even if the system is off (to make it easier to charge stuff I guess) so the little light on my DAC is always on as well. Will this wear it out faster? I do turn it off, but it is still powered and the light is on.

Is there any way I can use my regular camera (panasonic TZ60) as a webcam?

>Then yes, you should definitely upgrade to x64.
That was the plan, it's just nothing is really working on this OS right now. I'll try a clean install into x64 and see if that does anything, and if not, well I'll hope it doesn't come to that.

You can make your own external graphics card with a riser cable

Should I keep everything on a flashdrive or is that retarded?

im currently running 2 gpus

one 1070
and one 9400gt
is there any way i can select which gpu is my "main" gpu. im only using the other one so i can use my old CRT monitor

Maybe don't try to max/min your education?

No, I mean which ISO EXACTLY did you get?

riser cables tend to be very unreliable

You can stop being autistic. That's a good start.

no

i wouldn't worry about it

but you could check if there's an option in the BIOS to power off the USB slots

When I connect my android tablet to the computer it charges normally, but I can't access any of the files or add any files. Before, whenever I connected my tablet, I would get an option to choose if I wanted the tablet to be charge only mode, or if I wanted to access any media, but that option doesn't show up any more. The tablet doesn't show up on the computer at all. If I go to Settings -> Storage, the option "USB computer connection" is greyed out. Yes I have restarted it several times, it doesn't help. Any idea how to fix this?

None of those. It just says Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 English. It's Win7_HomePrem_SP1_English_x64.iso

The hash matches none of those btw

But I actually like them being powered most of the time. It's nice to be able to charge stuff with my PC off/sleeping, and it also lets me use the DAC while the PC is off without having to worry to plug it into another power source.

What sha1 does it give you?

Honestly, it's really not a problem. If it's not getting hot, you're fine. There's probably even an argument to be made that it's worse to repeatedly be turned off and on.

A'ight thanks to ease my mind a bit then.

What kind of data does NSA, Google, Facebook, Microsoft collect? what can they do with that data?

Don't worry, user. They only collect metadata :^)

Are you referring to the SIM Lock?
On my Samsung phone it's in Security > Set up SIM card lock

One that isn't listed there or anywhere

user, google IS the nsa

I meant to post what you got. Anyway, if you got it from this page

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/

Then it should be fine, assuming it downloaded correctly.

It seems like it downloaded correctly and is the same file size as the .isos from other sources

thanks for the reassurance

and what can metadata do?
okay... so what do Google NSA collect?

literally everything you do, even the messages you type and do not send

guys after a spillage I am quite certain my mobo is dead. I've tried booting up a lot of times though, could other perphicals be dead because of the boot preces(leaving out the fact that they could be dead because of the water spill.)

So I'm dumb as hell and basically FORGOT C++.

I have concepts down, but how do you boys do refreshers for yourselves on different languages?

how do i make it show my drives and not my desktop

>Assuming I go for an SSD, will I have to format everything?
You should format C-partition and reinstall all programs.
>And would a new HDD be in order too?
Nah, unless you start to hear noise, get s.m.a.r.t. warnings or have other issues with your hard drive. Just remember to back up your data.

How can i protect myself? guessing just stopping to use their stuff won't work.

I'm just curious.

What are you afraid of? :^) What do you have to hide? :^)

I take pictures of my ballsack.

Friend is selling his old PC for $500. Should i get it? selling computer: i7 5820k 6 core @ 4.5gh, AMD fury x, asus x99 mobo, 16 gb ddr4 2400 mhz, 450gb ssd, 850w corsair gold psu.

Having issues with my internet when playing something simple like Runescape. Living in the basement level of a 3 story house, but I have 20 ping 67 Mb down 5.5 up. Desktop doesn't have a wifi card so i'm using a Netgear USB wifi connector, and i'm connected to the 5 GHz band.

What can I do to remedy this problem?

what problem are you having?

please

drag and drop your drives to favorites?

it should show "My PC" and not "Desktop"

try it with an ethernet cable. your dongle might be overheating/throttling

My connection with RS is super laggy. Feels like the server is taking forever to register that I do something. I have minor problems on Overwatch, but it's super bad on RS.

I wasn't sure if a wifi extender would work.
I'd need a super long ethernet cable.

Also this has only been a problem once I moved here, the dongle was fine before.

Also I should mention I have little to no problems streaming video, it's specifically with games.

I recently bought a T420, and want to replace the hard drive.

Does the brand of SSD really matter that much? And do I need a 7.5mm to 9mm converter?

You could try one of those things that plug into your wall sockets and use electricity lines to transmit ethernet signals.

What is a good programming book to learn java?

What is wrong with Windows 10?

What are they called?

I want to get rid of windows 10 so I'm going to wipe my drive and install 7

though I have a physical copy of windows 7, it's obviously some old ass version with holes in it

I have a product key so I can download windows 7 from microsoft's website, but how can I make sure it's not going to be some shit ass version that forces windows 10 onto me?

Most good SSDs are 7mm so it doesn't matter.

And yes.

Get a 850 EVO/PRO.
Sandisk SSD Ultra ii.

Or Sandisk SSD Plus or ADATA SP550 if you cant afford it.

Avoid Kingston, PNY and chink brands.

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources

amazon.com/Java-Beginners-Guide-Herbert-Schildt/dp/0071809252

While you wait for it to arrive, looks online for free books and just practice.

Powerline network adapters I think.

You didn't mention what floor you were on. I'd switch to 2.4 ghz and see if that helps.

What's the easiest way to stream video from a site like Putlocker or Kissanime to a non-smart TV? Consoles are super laggy with their internet browsers and my laptop is only 720p, where as the TV is 1080p, so those two aren't an option.

please

maybe it's the router or if you're positioned further away it makes the signal less reliable and you get dropped packets and latency issues. wireless just isn't great for gaming since you need a fast and reliable connection

So I recently downloaded Pac-Rom to my Galaxy S4, wanted to customize, learn how to do this kinda shit, and I got the install going fine, it's just my Wifi isn't working now? Anyone know any fixes?

If you are streaming quality doesn't matter, mostly because you are streaming low quality 720p.

Just download the 1080p upscale and play it trough USB or get a raspberry PI.

Those are pricey. Anything that works similarly for cheaper?
Basement level. It's technically below ground, but the house is built on a hill.
I just did and it works fine... Why?
That's what I assume the problem is. Is there a way to solve it without buying a super long ethernet cable?

Instead of having a modem, is there anyway to get wired connections throughout the entire house, instead of just one room?

pls rspond

If your copy of 7 has SP1 in it, that's pretty much as up to date as they come. And you don't have to worry about windows 10 anymore. Microsoft has pulled those updates.

drill holes in your walls
insert Ethernet cords
plug in Ethernet cords
profit

So realistically the only way is to install it throughout by ripping out the phone line and replacing it?

Might be worth it.

Evo 850 or Sandisk Ultra II or Pro. Everything else is overpriced or unreliable.

It's not sp1

So I should download it from microsofts website?

why is this happening.
chrome on the left, canary on the right.

So here's a step in the right direction.

I am in the basement of a 3 level house. Our dual band router will give me server lag when playing video games, but not streaming video. When I jump on the 5 Ghz band, I get lag. When I jump on the 2.4 i'm golden.

Did I just solve my own problem? Is my issue that the 5 band is oversaturated?

If you can, sure.

there are flat ethernet cables like 0.6mm thick which are easier to hide

Alright thanks user

Well, one last question - they give me an .iso which I just burn on a dvd or what?

wait like 2-3mm dunno where i got 0.6 from

You could do it on a USB with unebootin.

Oh, and another thing, it says I still have all my apps installed after flashing the rom, where are they? Sorry for being a pest

I swear, you guys sound like mewling abandoned cats.

Call an electrician.

No, he solved your problem wise ass. 5ghz doesn't reach as far or go through obstacles as well.

What is this exactly

This may be a dumb question, but is there any specific reason why I should reinstall all programs? Because it would be a pain in the ass to reinstall all of my games instead of just copying them over from an external HDD, and considering how crap my internet can be

Say I have this exposed pcb glued to the rear of a smartphone, would covering it with duct tape to protect it when moving it around, damage it?
thank

My bad, I didn't mean to word it like I solved my own problem.

I figured the increase in speed would outweigh the 2.4 band but I suppose not.

First of all, a modem is not a router. Second of all, there are many ways to do this, some easier than others. What you want to look up is "low voltage wiring", an electrician could do it for you, but it won't necessarily be cheap, and it won't increase the value of your house because normies don't understand how shitty wifi is.

Oh, I see now. Thank you!

DVD

microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

Or USB

rufus.akeo.ie/

In general if something has been installed, then just copying it's program files won't do the trick. You can use steam's backup feature though. It's quite effective.

Why are people unable to answer this question?

Thanks homie

Can you suggest me some ddos tool for linux?
I want to install it on my servers so i can stress some cunts who are ddosing me

Because it could be anything.
Probably a motherboard failure or W10 just being silly.

Because it sounds like your whole perception of the problem is desu and no one wants to touch that with a 9 foot pole.

Thankfully I never complain about her Apple products. In fact, I've complained about my Android products because I can't just go into a Google store and get my phone fixed while I wait. I'm still waiting on my LG G4 replacement after a week of "repair in progress".

Is there an up-to-date guide on removing telemetry and spying in w7/8.1? Thanks.

Mydigitallife has 2 guides.

I'd like to install android x86 on this tablet and give it to a friend since I don't need it.

is there anything I should know before I install it?

It's not a hardware problem. When it was Win7 I never had an issue like this, and it seems this isn't uncommon for Win10 for some reason.

The problem is Win10. There's no disputing that. But since it's a computer just for gaming, I simply want the most up to date and most gaming friendly OS.

It's probably not a windows issue. Try adjusting your boot order so that it doesnt check for anything except hard disk.

It does boot though. It gets all the way to the black screen with the circles spinning in a circle.

What's the actual lifespan of an SSD compared to an HDD?

Right now I have a Samsung EVO 850 (500 GB), but it's my only drive on my pc, so everything gets written/rewritten and I plan on wiping my PC every 1 or 2 years. I use Photoshop and save and delete lots of images/videos for one-time shitpostings on this site (such as pic-related), etc. I also save personal gameplay videos sometimes at 4K res and then delete them within the next week or two.

I had a Raptor HDD (10,000 RPM) that lasted over 7 years already on my older pc and it's still fully-functional from what I can tell.

How rapidly am I shortening the lifespan of my SSD by saving/deleting/wiping stuff on my current rig like I did with my HDD rig?

I'm trying to install Ubuntu as a Oracle VM on my shitty Laptop. It has a U4100 or smth I believe.
I get to the Ubuntu 16.04 loading screen with the little dots but after that it kind of crashes and gives a screen looking like a broken GPU..
Is this piece of shit too slow for this?

>google
>how long does an ssd last
>see benchmark
>literally over 1PB written before death
You will never do anything that intensive

When will openSUSE Tumbleweed push out a version of Chromium which doesn't crash on every page unless you bypass sandboxing?
forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/520008-Chromium-crashes-on-OpenSUSE-Tumbleweed

New Thread

>What's the actual lifespan of an SSD compared to an HDD?
much much longer, no matter what you do with it.

good to know, thank you senpai

Scam tier(Kingston, PNY):Months.
Low end(ADATA SP550, Sandisk SSD Plus):1-4 years.
Mid end(Crucial, Sandisk Ultra ii):5-7 Years.
High end(Intel consumer class, 850 EVO)10+.
Enterprise tier(Intel SSDs): will outlive you.

The controller is likely to die in low end SSDs.

Computer hard drives will eventually faul, doesn't matter what you do to them. SSD's are no longer any less reliable than mechanical drives but you should still be prepared for hard drive failure.

Nobody really knows. SSDs haven't been around long enough, and the've been changing radically almost every generation. If you don't turn an SSD on for a few months it can start losing data on its own, but that won't affect the logevity of the drive itself.

Are kindle worth it?
Isn't 167pp low?

How do they work? Do they have some kind of amazon DRM that wont let me use and upload my own files?

pics please

Next thread, when I turn on my pc it's very subtle, but later on in the day you can see the red lines very clearly.

pls