de.pcpartpicker.com/list/
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/6RTdHN
pcpartpicker.com/list/Hwhshq
pcpartpicker.com/list/4f6t7h
pcpartpicker.com/product/KyCwrH/seagate-internal-hard-drive-st2000dm001
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is anything I'm doing retarded here?
pcpartpicker.com/list/WZNfyf
I'm not smart and this is my first build.

Personally can't see anything wrong but I'm not that into the lower end builds so I can't comment on the value for money part.

>aftermarket CPU cooler on a low end CPU
>low end CPU paired with lower clock speed ram
>low end GPU paired with lower clock speed ram

How dark do the inside of PCs get without LEDs? I've pretty much given up on finding a case that fits my needs that doesn't have a window so I've decided to branch out. None of my parts have LEDs so could I live with a windowed case and never see the inside of my case? Would applying one of those blackout privacy films be a good idea?

Is this what autism is like?

This build is as solid as it gets.

>complaining about autism on Cred Forums

Loose the cooler. You don't need it.
Too much wattage, get the 500B PSU.
Also I'm not sure the i3 6100 doesn't bottleneck the 1060 in some games so i'd just go for a i5 6500 to make sure.

Would this be the appropriate place for build advice?

Shoot.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/DVbQPs
Power supply is to low for that Graphics card...
CPU heatsink to big for small case...
Compatibility issue with corsair and that mobo...

I think I could get a Gigabyte GTX 770 OC Windforce 4gb for just 100€. Would it be a good purchase if I plan to get a 1070/80 in a few months? I mean, I'd buy this now and then sell it after I get the 1070/80.

pu: Intel Core Skylake i5-6500, 3.2 GHz (T.Boost 3.6 GHz)
Cooler: Arctic Freezer i32 CO 120mm
Gpu: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming GTX 1070 8 GB DDR5
Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury 16 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz
Rom: Crucial MX300 SSD 750 GB
Mobo: Asus H170-PRO
Psu: iTek DESERT 650 Black
Case: Zalman R1
Hdmi 1: Monitor ASUS VH222H FullHD
Hdmi 2: TV LG 42LF652V FullHD 3D

Thanks, anons.

>Power supply is to low for that Graphics card...
No it's not.
>CPU heatsink to big for small case...
Yup. It's even written on the bottom, guessed he'd realize that.
>Compatibility issue with corsair and that mobo...
What are you talking about.

okey dokey.

Here's what I have built:
FX 8320e cpu
MSI 970a krait sli motherboard.
16GB PNY anarchy 2133 ram.
Several 120mm apevia case fans with autistic ass led lights.
Gonna get an rx 470-480 later. Right now using gtx 750ti i had lying around.

now I have shitloads of airflow here but I didnt use a PC case...I built this into a desk as a fun project with muh wife. So basically I have 120mm clearance to work with here TOTAL.

I need a CPU cooler (never bought one before)and preferably one that get some air to the surrounding heatsinks (particularly the one directly below the cpu...its a tad warmer) because id like to apply a small overclock.

mind you im not going for records on a MSI krait (housefire) but id like to bump the bastard to a solid 4ghz.

QUESTION. what is a decent, inexpensive cpu cooler for basic OC in this scenario that DOES NOT stand retard tall? And in addition can i get one to help cool the surrounding heatsinks also?

> (OP) (You)
>>pcpartpicker.com/list/DVbQPs
>Power supply is to low for that Graphics card...
Wat. 650 is way above what it needs.
>CPU heatsink to big for small case...
It fits. There are others with this case and that cooler.
>Compatibility issue with corsair and that mobo...
What issues?

And yes if you want to see my ghetto desk pc i can post a pic.

CM 212 EVO

Nvm it's too tall. I think you're kinda shit out of luck. You'll prolly need one of those small side fads.
pcpartpicker.com/product/Lbhj4D/cryorig-cpu-cooler-c7
pcpartpicker.com/product/xxphP6/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhl9i
One of these I'd suggest.

Too tall. I do not have 120mm from the cpu...i have 120MM TOTAL. this includes the space the motherboard occupies. also standoffs.

I need something short.

Post'em

Looks like the Cryorig C7 performs better than the noctua so just get that.

i'm buying a computer to my dad, does he even need a graphics card if all he does is read newspapers and check his email? would he still be able to watch videos and run flash without problem?

Thx alot man...diggin the cryorig. yeah that may be exactly what im after.

I just don't trust the stock shit AMD cooler. its the exact same one I had on an AM1 cpu...so bare minimum. That and this particular mobo is semi notorious for having hot assed heatsinks so yeah, trying to be cautious.

thx.

Not sure about the OC's you can pull with that cooler but considering the size you have to work with I doubt you can find something much better. My guess is that it will handle a 4GHz OC but nothing more.

He'd be good with no graphics card, the integrated graphics on CPUs these days are absolutely fine for casual use like that.

No he doesn't need a graphics card but make sure the CPU has integrated graphics.

Here's a front pic...you can't see much here but you get the idea.

Put components in desk and used plexiglass and Drexel to make a ghetto case/enclosure.

Gonna build her one too in the other available space to the left.

Thats about all i need man is 4ghz.There's not a hell of alot that requires much more than that.

>Critique my build
>pcpartpicker.com/list/DVbQPs
Motherboards contains non-free software
Intel CPU requires non-free software to even boot
Nvidia GPU requires both non-free firmware AND has no official free driver

I booted fine on Debian without non-free packages.

Thoughts or concerns on my current build? pcpartpicker.com/list/gzTXkT
Can you make a better one?
Should I get a cheaper cooler for a $70 SSD?
I cant go over the price of $1.2k USD
Planned on buying Win 10 OEM key off Kinguin

If I order everything before 12 I can get same day shipping or one day shipping I believe

The CPU runs the non-free BIOS/EFI

Any advice? I'm not sure about the mobo or psu.

No graphics card because I only want this for programming and recording music. Is it worth getting a cheapo one anyway? I do want to be able to have the option to buy a decent card later and not have to worry about upgrading anything else, though.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4h9h3F

I wanna go full gaymer and get some rgb fans. I know corsair just came out with some but it's like 50 or 60 usd for just a single fan. So should I just settle for thermaltake fans (3 pack for like 60 usd) or wait?

Bumping from the last thread since it got archived a couple minutes after posted.

Opinions?

CPU: I5 6500
GPU: GTX 1060
RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR4 x2
MOBO: MSI H110M PRO-D
PSU: XFX TS 450"
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
SSD: OCZ Trion 150 240GB
CASE: Corsair 100R

Give me one reason why I should buy i5-6600K instead of i5-4690K
I really don't want forced W10.

>i7-6700k + z170
or
>i7-5820k+x99

and

>mini-ITX liquid cooled
or
>modded powermac g5 aircooled

Help me decide my end of 2016 build. Will be my first big budget build.

If the intention is gaming the 6700k will outperform the 5820k in just about everything clock-for-clock.

youtube.com/watch?v=ocwwaVGUFtk

I only play Dota 2 and Minecraft currently.

I might get into streaming and video making though.

Mainly I want to make a development rig. Going to be hopefully developing a game engine in 2017. I need W10 and Debian.

That's why I was thinking the 6 cores might be useful. Though I don't know when new x99 parts are coming out.

have an old build

fx4130
8gb ram
gtx 560ti
1tb hdd

what should i upgrade if i want to play more games?

I'm in a bit of a predicament with what to upgrade.
I have an i5 4570t which is really shitty and in need of an upgrade.
I have a decent MSI motherboard, but it doesn't support newer CPU architectures so the only viable upgrade for me is the 4970 or 4460, but I don't want to upgrade to an outdated CPU.
I have pretty decent ram, but it's running at a very reduced speed (around 1000 from 2133) due to my CPU.
What upgrade path should I take if I can only get like 1 upgrade a year? Should I go with mobo upgrade then cpu the next year, or just cpu right now and wait for that one to become obsolete?

graphics card

but at this point its worth saving up for zen if you wish to stick with AMD

i have an old motherboard tho.

asus.com/us/Motherboards/M5A78LM_LX_PLUS/specifications/

you think the zen will work with this chipset?

also, what's a reasonable upgrade in gpu?

My suggestion is buy a radeon 480 now.

Then buy new motherboard and cpu when zen comes out and use your old parts. Might have to get new ram though.

>Want to buy parts for PC
>Dollar is 20 MXN now
>Prices skyrocket

Is black friday really that good? Planning to go to the US because stuff is laughably expensive here.

Can I get a critique on my list?
All of the manually entered prices are based on my local Microcenter.
pcpartpicker.com/list/kFLvjc

Some guy is selling a m1 case in my area for two hundee. Should i hop on it?

It's really neat that windows 8 doesn't require you to reinstall windows for differerent hardware like windows 7 does

that's insanely convenient

gddr 5? i have 3

Pretty much it reinstalls itself every time you do that without deleting files.

W8.1 has some neat recovery features in comparison to 7.

I'm saving up to get my first desktop this Black Friday so that I can actually play online video games with my friends again. I'm thinking of $600-800 for the budget. If I want to do gaming up to the demands of shit like Rocket League, SSBM/other emulation, and Halo 5, do you think that budget is feasible? I don't need max settings, just something that looks and performs pretty good. Go easy on me, Cred Forumsents.

I'm going to clean my pc for the first time in one month. I'd like to remove the filters, open the case in one side and check a bit of things. Is it safe for me to switch the psu off and plug all of the cables off ? Do I risk to lose any data or any screen config/settings by doing so?

Please take a shit on this list and tell me what to change so I can stop being such a good goy but still be able to max out vidya, thanks.

by "this list" i mean this list au.pcpartpicker.com/list/HWhn6X

Yeah, I think you'd be fine, as long as you aren't looking to max out games on 4k or anything. Look at logical increments to get started, but do your research, and find what's best for you.
Even with that budget, don't skimp on the GPU and CPU. Also, remember to budget in for Windows if you aren't just pirating it, an optical drive if you have need of it, and monitor, mouse, and keyboard, if you don't already have them.

Spend less on keyboard.
Dont get a Intel SSD unless you need i, get a 950 Pro.
Dont buy seagate HDDs, get a WD Black.
Dont buy asrock motherboards, get a GA-Z170X-UD5

if you're going to get a gaymen case with a window you may as well match the RAM heatsinks with the motherboard color scheme famalam

if my budget is 2800usd, what are the must-haves (if there are any)?

How does this one look like sempaitachi?
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/

Looks like i´m an idiot.
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/6RTdHN

Apevia has multi pack fans on Amazon for half that price in several different colors.

PSU is too weak.
Dont buy ASRock motherboards.
Missing a HDD.

>I really don't want forced Windows 10
That's not your decision anymore, install Gentoo or wait for your fate to be decided

>budget
>6700k
X99 is dumb anyways, but you could easily save $100 on the CPU by dropping to 6600k right there and likely not even notice that lack of hyperthreading

Any advice before I pull the trigger on this?
pcpartpicker.com/list/Hwhshq

Just curious, what are you doing that requires 32gb of RAM? Or are you just maxing it out for the sake of maxing it out?

You never have to compensate for your penis if you use it.
There's some advice.

It will use about 300W at most if i plug my current hdd and ssd into it, 400W should be enough.
Whats so bad about asrock motherboards? My current 6 year old config has one and i never had a problem with it.

What i´m thinking about right now is whether it worth switching the define mini to an R5 for 20% more? Everything could easily fit into an matx case but the r5 is supposed to be an improved design with somewhat better materials.

A locked 6500 CPU and a 1060 should be okay with that power. Obviously I'd go to 500 to be safe but that's me, I'd rather have extra amperage for $10 more than blow anything up

Video editing and photoshop. They were sold out of the 32 GB kits so I went with 2 16 GB kits.
>having a high end PC means you're a virgin maymay

Asrock mobos are basically the worst big brand of mobos
Like I've seen some do fine, but I've seen a lot break. And considering the mobo is likely the first thing that'll break I'd like quality (without being a tard and looking at $400 motherboards)

LEDs

Change WD HDD to HGST
Make sure you've got a monitor that can use the 1070

Grab an SSD

Good goy, what the fuck is wrong with you? Either get a 1070 or wait for the 1080Ti
Ask yourself whether you're really going to bother to OC
Don't buy 1.5 or 3TB HDDs
Your build is just an embarrassing waste of money in general

>Halo 5
Eh, probably need to build it yourself if you want to keep to that budget.

>Is it safe for me to switch the psu off and plug all of the cables off
Yes, just don't remove the battery from the mobo

Looks good but ask yourself whether you're really going to bother to OC

If anything you make me feel a LOT better on my PC build that's $800 less and just as good

But the non-led ram sticks that are faster, cheaper and have been in stock for years just aren't good enough

>non LED kits are faster, cheaper, and have been in stock for years just aren't good enough
What's wrong with combining form and function?

What's wrong is you don't need to if you use your penis.
I could get a lot of girls on my dick for the $800 i saved by not doing what you did

>Looks good but ask yourself whether you're really going to bother to OC
I was planning on OCing the CPU to 4.0-4.2GHz immediately after building and installing OS

Hey guys: like many posters here, this is my first build. I was totally unable to get advice from any friends on it, so anything you guys know would be helpful to me.

I'm pretty intent on that CPU and GPU, but you may know better than me.

For everything else, I just tried to fit the CPU and GPU as best I could... Let me know if you see any glaring flaws or if you have any informed recommendations please?

>LED kits
>desirable form

And then I could cut a hole in my case, strap a flashlight inside my case and have leds for free while I show off my PC to my friends and impress them on my ability to buy and assemble plug-n-play parts

Thoughts?
I already have a WD black 2tb drive and a couple extra windows keys.

pcpartpicker.com/list/4f6t7h

Why? Overclocking reduces lifespan (which is already insanely huge for CPUs but still)
I'd say overclock when you need to, you always are able to and its easy as fuck

You'll need a z170 motherboard to overclock that CPU, or a non-k CPU if you're 100% sure you'll never overclock
That CPU and GPU is good, ironically it's the most popular ones on Cred Forums
A cheapo SSD for things like OS and some programs will make things feel a lot faster

Drop to an i5-6500. Your mobo can't take advantage of the unlocked "K" CPU anyway, you'd need a Z170 chipset for that. Also the cooler that comes as stock with the 6500 will be fine, so no need for a cooler.
Spend $40 more dollars for a non-reference 4GB 470
Get a x2 4GB RAM kit
Get a 250GB SSD
Consider a micro ATX case to match your mobo

Until you can afford these things, wait on your build

As an addendum, your CPU is overpowered compared to your GPU for gaming, so reduce cost of CPU and put the money towards a better GPU

Looks good but wait for the 1080Ti or grab a 1070

why is this bad?

pcpartpicker.com/product/KyCwrH/seagate-internal-hard-drive-st2000dm001

>seagate
I have a dead 2TB Barracuda right next to me
Get HGST

Where can I find a cheap, legit copy of Windows 7 Professional that won't be a scam

Probably G2A or the like. Free upgrade to 10 is over senpai

It's never over, they're just planning their next move

Thanks so much for the input, it really helps.

So how's this? I'll do more of my own research on the new parts before ordering, but does this cure the defects in the previous draft? Does it create new ones?

Also: I chose the oversized case only because I have plenty of room at my desk, so I thought if that extra case space goes unused, that will just marginally improve heat dissipation and leave more room for flexibility with upgrades in the future, right?

>1070
>6600k
>Z170
>M2 drive
>Seasonic PSU
>microATX
>Fans
>$1200
Did I do good?

I don't really know much about AIBs.
What are your opinions between these three cards?

Just trying to consider everything here..

What's the better build I can get for

>$800

>$1k

>$1.5k

That extra case space WILL go unused. There's no point in not getting an mATX case for an mATX board, but go for it, it might be easier to plug things in with extra space
Does the H110 motherboards support overclocked ram? If not get normal 2133mhz ram
480 is dope, 470 might be too but idk, look up some benchmarks and reviews to really decide on a GPU (considering it's the most expensive part of your computer you already should have)

>i5
>GTX 1080

get a better CPU, you don't even need a 1080

They're comparable to each other in power and price and it's a valid place to be indecisive

I bought one of these last December and I forgot about it until today. It hasn't been used at all and it's still in the envelope it arrived in.

I'm planning on building a PC over the weekend, but I'm wondering if the thermal paste is okay to use even though it's been sitting around for ages. Should I just buy a new one to be on the safe side?