/wt/ Watch Thread

"Don't let it die after 50 posts this time" Edition.

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AGA6lsSmX4U
youtube.com/watch?v=lSfUQasmUFY
youtube.com/watch?v=vCEQ5J97pO4
youtube.com/watch?v=rjOkLgQjBb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here's a clock I made all by myself.

We really are a dying breed

The tripfag attracted more tripfags. I warned you fuckers.

wat

Why is an obese sasquatch wearing a watch?

Shut up Im healthy sized

I'm debating a u-boat or a tudor. any suggestions?

That's the most old british man arm I have ever seen.

tudor. it's 99% Rolex

What would you guys recommend in their $2500-$3500 range?

I already have a Speedmaster.

lol

Tudor BB perhaps?

Used Coax Planet Ocean?

Used GS?

Panerai.

Or Hublot.

An overseas holiday to Australia. I'll pay for beer and lube

What straps would go well with a silver sunburst dial? Seems brown is the the common choice.

Perlon.

Black or blue would be my choice.

Nothing, speedmaster is the only watch at that price. Maybe Marine Master 300 if youre not gonna get a Rolex

>doesn't know tudor
>suggests seiko
lol just get the fuck out

How do you like it?

Guys, I want a SKX007.

Is the difference between nip made ones and malaysia made ones worth the price difference, or are they really essentially the same?

The only difference is in dial markings.

I think they are pretty much the same

The phase "Japanese made" is pretty broad, not as bad as Swiss made. But it can mean something that is made in another country but with a couple of Japanese employees and meeting "Japanese standards"

>knows tudor
>has tried on tudor
>owns a rolex
>owns seiko

Fuck of m8

Its just pic, considered one of the better cheap speedmaster homages
>soid end links
>good looks
>100$

From what I gathered, it depends on who oversaw manufacturing, otherwise workers are the same.

But then I imagine Seiko wouldn't produce two lines of each model in different quality depending on who worked on it. From what I gathered, it's more about having a couple nips there so some can be marked "Made in Japan", which is an important marketing argument considering those are sold in Japan only.

But then I guess they really are the same, and despite some people claiming the difference is like "night and day", others largely disagree and I can't see shit on any pictures.

>Shut up Im healthy sized
Buahahahaha

Which one /wt/? This or that?

I remember watching a YouTube video on the comparison between the two, have a look and see if you can find a video about it

I prefer this one friend, but please don't let me influence you too much, I'm self admittedly retarded

what are some rare cheap pepe chrono watches?

lol that's literally a speedmaster copy wtf

Get a limited edition/special varient Speedmaster.

It's already the absolute best watch so there's not much choice.

If you're a sail-fag like me get a Seamaster

>rare cheap pepe chrono watches
What

>he doesn't have a cheap pepe chronograph
>he doesn't even know about them

wew tripfriend

250 terrorist watches.

>coaxial. Ever.
Nigga please.

Here's my Accutron II I just got.

Lol

>Spending that much on a unadjusted, unregulated movement in a monoblock case

Enjoy your totally random accuracy which will be totally impractical to regulate.

Remember that as long as it is within the -10/+15s/d spec that Seiko will NOT adjust or regulate the watch for you under warranty.

Meanwhile every dickhead with a 7s26c they regulated to ~5s/d with laugh at your $2000+ USD -9s/d cuckening.

>9s/d cuckening

A used 2010 Planet Ocean goes for $2.5k. A new one costs $3.8k. That's not a bad drop in value at all after 6 years.

Aside from Panerai , what else keeps its value relatively well?

It's like their model is a fucking corpse.

From an engineer's perspective, they're really good movements, particularly their master co-axial.

Looks like someone strapped a watch to a dead hog.

Quick, post your daily shitters!

>Implying I wear shitters

Still wearing my 1975 King Seiko 5256-8010 on the new Milanese mesh strap I just got for it.

SHITTERR!!

These are rare pepe chronos:
But dont tell anybody

(aka non meme watches that are good)

4 shitters in a row! Oh my this is a rare event!

How difficult are these to get, how much are they worth, and do they require a lot of maintenance?

no actually
the casing is finished noticeably better on the jap model.
urban gentry has a video where he compares the two side by side.

But those aren't good

Hello fa/g/s, i need of your wisdom.

I am new to the world of automatic watches. I have an automatic seiko with a 4r36 movement, the question is, can i set the time backwards?

I ask because i know that in older watches doing so can damage the gears, but i don't know if modern watches face the same problems.

Thank you

>How difficult?

The difficulty is in learning enough about the vintage models you should target and why, and learning enough about them to be able to identify good risks to take without getting scammed on an overly polished frankenwatch shitter.

Then you need to figure out how to use a proxy bidding service for Y! Japan auctions and learn to identify potential gems to take risks on, and be patient enough not to overpay.

I got that KS Special for $140 USD plus shipping and it just needed a service and a crystal.

>How much are they worth?

As serviced and with the robust health of this particular 5256 movement (280-310 degrees of amplitude on a vintage Seiko?!?!?) and the condition of the rest of the watch, I wouldn't take anything less than ~$500 USD for it, assuming I was willing to sell (I am not).

>Do these require a lot of maintenance?

No more than any other high quality volume produced watch of the same period (e.g. an Omega 56x/75x from the 1970s).

IWC Mark XII, XV, XVI or XVIII

I'm not too into the red bezel but that's a real nice oyster bracelet there

I'm looking for a good quality kinda affordable Rolex explorer homage.
I've been researching a bit and it seems like the Zeno Explorer is one of the best options for about 300€ used, anyone familiar with it?
Any other suggestions? I think the Smiths is fuckhuge and ugly.
Btw I already own a Seiko SARB033, which I love and want to keep. Would it redundant to include an explorer homage in my collection?

I have seen zero other evidence to suggest that and its quite clear he's a fucking idiot so I'd take that with a grain of salt. Seiko themselves have stated the only difference is in the distribution other than the slight variation in dial text.

Doesn't look right, maybe the retarded company name-logo is offputting for me, what about the timex with T instead of mercedes hour hand, at least it will cost like 50$ or so

Thanks man, the bracelet is a strap code one. It's really decent.

Hah I see you remember me from two threads ago.
I actually ordered it one night and called customer service next morning to cancel the order. I don't see myself ever wearing a Quartz and I also read somewhere that this timex explorer homage ticks as loud as a weekender which would trigger my autism every second. And let's not talk about its size, 40mm, too much for an explorer homage.

And also
>name logo
It's Zeno Watch Basel, a well known reputable Swiss watchmaker with a long history. The branding is a pro imo.

My shitttter.

>Perlon goes straight down from the lugs

3HUEG5YUEZ

Nigga, this watch is too big for everyone. I have 8 inch wrists.

Such a problem has not existed for some time.

It's fine to set whichever way you need.

i got the non japanese version, looks fabulous, and the most important thing is : no days in arabic, i hate arabs.

While you can adjust a 7s26 to even near 0s/d in one position, their positional variation sucks so much it will never be practically accurate.

Did you get it while they were on ebay for ~100 USD? I remember the green ones being super cheap compared to the other colors.

you can see it quite clearly in the video
the jap version is quite blatantly finished to a higher standard
youtube.com/watch?v=AGA6lsSmX4U

of course seiko are going to deny it because the J is a domestic model not available outside japan. It's not exactly something they are going to publicise. It wouldn't be great marketing would it.

>Hey round eye, the watches we sell in our home market is better than the ones we sell to you, haha, don't worry about it

this is NOT the skx007

i GOT the malysian skx007 and it is finished and brushed to perfection.

You'd think the watch would be smaller considering that the 9015 is one of the thinnest mass produced movements out there.

My experience has been that you can generally get a 7s26c's positional variances to offset well enough to get +/- ~5 s/d in actual daily wear.

In any case, the point was that it is crazy to spend $2k + on a watch with an u adjusted movement specced to -10/+15 s/d that has a monoblock case and thus cannot be easily regulated after purchase.

Yeah, sadly virtually no one uses the Miyota 9015 in any dressy watches, and those that do are literally cut rate Frederique Constant imitators, with all of the cringe that implies.

Well the case has to be big enough to fit the helium escape valve that is completely fucking useless

My shit melted in car, what do?

I still don't get why /wg/ suddenly thinks Stenharts are shitters.

This is why
youtube.com/watch?v=lSfUQasmUFY

LOL

Rampant shit posts a few weeks ago shilling them combined with the shameless rolex copy aspect.

because ARCHIELUXURY aka the god of /wt/ said so.

What's the most retardedly complicated way to power a clock? Anyone ever did a clock that was powered by a steam engine or a gas turbine? Or radioactive decay?

I was promised five reasons and I got 1. "Rolex gets you through life" and 2 to 5 "SHITTTEEERRRR". wHuT?

Yah 1200$ watch i got gifted for graduation, i thought it would be bullet proof for that amount of money...

Not worth fixing

Get a new and better watch

At least you learned the valuable lesson that just because something is is expensive it isn't necessarily good

That funny because I wear my Mako XL (sub $200 diver) to sauna and the top gets so hot I can't touch it at times. It still doesn't show any signs of wear after a few years of this abuse.

A lesson well worth over $1.2k.

ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

>copy old design
>pigfat the dial anyway
wtc an actual homage

use your warranty maybe ?

How douchey is it to artificially fade the bezel and dial and brown the lume on a new watch as if it's a vintage Rolex?

I'm not gonna trash my current Amphibia that I try to maintain as best I could, but I might mod a 090 to look like an old Soviet watch with a faded bezel insert. Do bakelite inserts fade to gray like the aluminum ones do?

Also what other new watches should I do this to /wt/? Just bombard the whole shit with UV, chemical washes, brown pigment in the lume mix, whatever needs to be done. Also I'm a pervert so I like the look of yellowed acrylic, even though I know they're bad for the watch.

Question.

Why was it in the car, and not on your wrist, like a watch should be?

fake is fake

Just buy a shitty looking old one and replace the movement if that's the kind of look you want, soviet era amphibias are trivial to find

I don't think the old cases can take the modern 2416b automatic movement. I believe that watch in pic doesn't even use the 2409, but the now ancient 2209.

I think of it as fantastic and fun, but some may consider minor atmospheric temperature variations to be retardedly complicated. If you do, then the Atmos clock does it

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Cred Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

I did not. I paid 150 Canadian pesos all in, which isn't bad considering, 100usd=~130cad + duties +13%tax. They fuck us mighty hard if we buy from the states.

>hate the modern watch industry
>at the same time I'm a poorfag so I have no right to complain anyways

SHIITTERZ, also I stopped watching Archie, him having that asian whore there ruined it for me. Just waiting for a new NATO.

I love Obris Morgan but why do they have to be sold out all of the fucking time...

Found this watch in my dad's old room. He said I could have it. What can you guys tell me about this?

Back says:

ARMITRON
INSTALITE
20/2769 ELP
MEL 415
JAPAN MOVT

They make their watches in batches at the pace of whatever is convenient for them. The Aegis was delayed like two fucking years and was supposed to reopen for another batch almost five months ago.

As a fellow cancuck I feel you bro.

>check my watch plebs

I love this watch

Don't post it here. /wg/ are a bunch of faggots that hate Citizen for no good reason.

I work as a machine operator and i started taking it off when i noticed it begin to scratch up. I'm 19 now and really i don't wear watches much, so i left it in my truck for maybe half a year. Not a smart idea, is it still worth any money? I'm sure the sapphire glass and performance steel has some value?

I love Citizen, I just hate watches that are fucking ugly like that one.

Oh well guess I won't be getting one. In other news my band arrived, what does /wt/ think? Too flashy?

The only thing that could possibly be fucked up is the dial, face, and hands.
You might be able to find a junker with perfectly good aesthetics and ask a jeweler to swap them.

Unless it's a digital, those are the only things that could possibly have been affected.

Hell, by the looks of it, the only part of your watch that actually melted is the paint on the hands and face. Just ask to get those parts repainted. What could go wrong?

/wt/ I need a price check on a watch:

Seiko Flight Chrono condition is good 90% with a few scratches on the bottom of bracelet. This one comes with a Sapphlex Crystal. I am thinking $35-$40.

Suunto Core $30-35.

Seiko SKX173 no original band, in NATO fair condition with some scratches $25-$30.

Are these prices reasonable?

Gonna be honest, my 009K looks as good if not better than the 009J urbanSKWALEE has.

I have no problem with the finishing and the dial, and it has no Arabic.

I may sell the SNGZ011J I have simply because of the arabic dates and I am not a huge fan of anything other than number on the date wheel

where is this? I'll buy the 173 right now

Waiting for 100 post in WUS...

youre selling it?

I guess what im saying is if you're selling it ill buy it, if it runs. I'll give it to my father he needs a new daily

post your WUS or email, ill check in the AM I have to get to bed

It's not that old it runs perfect but it does have scratches and I don't expect people to pay the average market prices for one.

>/wg/'s wet dream
>never gonna happen
End it right now Cred Forums, it's easier

Wow kid. Was the weather douche-chilly in Cringe-city?

I got it back in december, the leather strap is shitty and will probably break soon but the watch itself is breddy good and keeps time really well.

dunnow
I was buried in your mom's thick thighs. Bitch is a mean sucker.

two of the uglier winston opuses, a super shitty looking tardwatch, the rotating meme watch, and two basic bitch indies I've never seen before that are likely also made for rich arab gayboys
wallpaper general needs to get their act together these are trash

Do people really think that that's a good comeback? I've seen better burns from a bucket of ice.

give it back Ahmed

at least I'm not a blind asskisser huh?

>I've never seen before
>he doesn't even recognize the watches
LOL you ignorant inbred faggot

you like tardwatches do ya?

Save up for pic related

I kekd slightly

He should save up for a holodeck?

You'd have to admit a holodeck would be pretty sweet.

Until you're not sure if you're still in it or not.

Orient star is also a fairly reputable brand, at least for Japanese, but their name on the dial makes them disgusting for me, even if the watch is really well made

Why isn't there a beginners watch guide along with strap guide?

Because you touch yourself at night

There's a primer on the technology in the video.

But if you're just looking for the basics on cheap watches to buy you can start by looking at Seiko 5s, which there are hundreds of designs of.

That's why I say "computer, end program" each night before going to sleep.

A couple days ago I posted pictures of my Apple Watch and a few people here told me to return it before it was too late.

Well, I did. I underestimated how annoying it was, having to recharge it every fucking day, and how it does too many things and you always have to pay attention to it.

So I went to the Apple Store, returned it and I'll buy myself a Windows laptop instead

Not the fucking u boat, sweet jesus not that fucking THING

Do you also cry yourself to sleep afterwards?

We got our accutrons within a couple days of each other and both the bands are crimping where the clasp goes.
Time for some nice new bands i think

this is probably asking to much, but what is the watch senna is wearing? does anyone recognize it?

I've wondered, do you still wear your 5106 or is it constantly benched?

Also, i've tried mesh on my 5206 and it just won't work so i got this guy instead.

Interesting question though, do you need a Green dialed LM special with a semi-working movement?

Seems to be simple chink watch, with a Jap quartz.

Not worth much i'm afraid.

>The phase "Japanese made" is pretty broad, not as bad as Swiss made.
It's much easier to attain than swiss made

I'm probably going to sell the 5106 soon. It's nice, but I really prefer the much better inherent accuracy and easy to regulate 52xx movements so I wear my 52KS Special and LM Special 5206 a lot more.

By the way, it was that mesh band that convinced me to look for a thinner Milanese mesh that would go with my 52KS Special better. Also turns to out to be really comfortable, so thanks for the inspiration.

"Swiss made" is not a particularly high standard either but you are right.

Shame, but i'm not a buyer for that 5106 as i got enough watches that fill that slot nor can i exactly wear them because of the extremely humid and salty environment that i serve in.

Either way, i know you have two 5206 movements (Black dialed+spare). And i have one that i bought for parts that has a really interesting dial.

I guess that's up for debate, putting a Chinese made movement into a Chinese made case by a foreign worker in Switzerland isn't very Swiss to me. I guess the Japanese don't swindle people as hard with their Japan made logo

Tissot visodate as a more formal watch, would like to use it more often
BAKA flagship, good mid-range, use it often and casually
Casio mtd 1053 - cheap and extremely durable beater

Bloody lovely.

I'm proud of you user. Don't fall for the apple meme.

Did I meme'd myself?

Please validate my purchase

>Did I meme'd myself?
lol, yes

>Please validate my purchase
lol, no

you just be jelly

/wt/ tell me about this brand and model.

Pros:
-NH35A movement
-proprietary scratch resistant crystal
-bronze

Cons:
-watch is being sold on the Home Shopping Network right next to Invicta and Parnis

>1993+13
>Collecting shitters

>2006

T shop find

you still selling it, I was busy this am, ill keep monitoring this thread if you want to post your paypal or WUS user id

Tissot thickodate can be easily dressed down on a Milanese mesh if you feel it looks too formal on leather.

FUCK ME DEAD there's a lot of DOG TURD SHITTERS in this thread, somebody post their SQUALE SHITTEROONI so i can have an excuse to get drunk and beg for more money BUTTFUCKAROONIS :DDD

>This a collection of Rolex
WHELP

timestamp

i think collecting the same expensive watch is a brain disorder that should have a name.

i am sure that's just some home dealer's inventory or something like that

otherwise it's just sad

autism

This guys a fucking idiot desu senpai. So much hate. /wt/ is all about love and appreciating and encouraging even the guy who perhaps didn't have money to buy a Rolex and got a himself a Vostok but maybe he's happy with it.

that's PS you piss soaked lumber brains

Any 38 mm metal watches for $1000 or below? No meme Seiko, please.

Might be a very early Tag Heuer formula 1 series

>Any meme-size watches for shitter prices? No non-shit brand, please.
Holy fuck, you faggot, is this a joke?

How is that mesh band so nicely fitted? Is it a stock bracelet or is this some kind of dank modification?

really tempted to get this limited edition Seiko. I've been spending way too much on watches lately though, gotta cool it down a bit. otoh it's a limited edition so if I don't get it now... life sure is full of tough choices.

I find pretty much all Vostok Europe watches ugly, they're fuckhueg if I remember correctly and highly overpriced. And this is coming from a Lithuanian where these watches are made (implying it's not China)

if you buy a low price watch fine i understand (i own a seiko skx007 myself), but the steinhart shitters act like they own something that has premium value or something, it doesn't !

If you don't like vostoks you might want to try raketa watches. They're not as bulky and more "stylish" imo.

I like vostoks, I don't like Vostok Europe, and unless something horribly happened to Raketa, they shouldn't look like VE

Is this worth thing worth anything? On the face it reads: "Carrera Tag Heuer Automatic", the back is transparent so the movement can be seen, and along the back it reads: "Swiss Made Since 1860 - Carrera - Sapphire Crystal - 50 Meters"

Any help would be appreciated, the watch is quite worn but if it's not worthless, I'll put some work into it.

Cheers.

about 1000 dollars
congrats

I feckt up on the first sentence, noice.

give it back Tyrone

38mm Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro?

Is it fake?

Really?
I ain't a cunt man, but seriously. Are these things often faked? If so, how do I check if it's fake or not?

I'm not sure

An obscenely rare stock bracelet.

Though, the guy i bought it from sold 2 (including mine) of them with these bracelets and these were the only two i've seen sold with this bracelet.

Perhaps there is another example on the Seikoholics forums.

yeah probably a bit less, search for carrera chronograph on ebay (it's a cv2013 specifically). no clue if fakes exist, where'd you get it?

Got given it years ago. If it's real, it'd be the most expensive thing I own ^^

Citizen.

it's missing a hand and kind of scuffed up, i don't think you could get a thousand dollars for it

good luck though

>eco-drive

begone from my sight

Yea, the hand that is off came when I wore it years back, just never fixed it, it's still inside the watch though, could repair it, and if I find out that it's real, I'll fix it up for sure.

Shieet, ye, it's probably fake. The dial at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock isn't genuine, the dials are full size when they should be like 50% size.

And the seconds hand is silver instead of orange.

It's a genuine counterfeit watch

I was passed down a citizen watch.
How do I search for it on the web?
there are two long numbers on the back, but neither revealed any results on the web.
Probably it is not worth anything, since it has scratches and stuff, but it was on of the first things my father bought after the SU broke down and i'd like to know how old it is exaclty.

post a picture? is it a diver, chronograph dress watch, etc, what year would you guess it is, dial color, amount of buttons etc.

just describe it on google and search

i don't know anything about watches. also, this is the only one I own. Date is around 1989-1992 I guess. It is a very simple watch, only one button.
Maybe citizen elegant?

I didnt even know it was a generic brand until I stumbled upon this thread, here.

>fix one watch
>another watch breaks/starts losing accuracy
Hoarding vintage watches (i.e. drawer junk) can be a real fucking pain. I really need my own timegrapher and cleaning machine already, I'm a bit embarrassed of constantly sending my sensei cleaning baskets filled with old broken movements no one would want. Pic related, no idea when I'll get this piece of shit to work again. At least I got my Sona to (somewhat) work again.

Also tomorrow I have to try and make a terminal curve on a replacement hairspring.

I'm terrified. Pic related. How I bet it will look like after my first attempt.

Do fakes have any value? Or are they put-in-bin worthy?

>Do fakes have any value?

broken fakes can be worth upwards of zero dollars

Lmao, I mean, it ain't so bad. Is it worth fixing though?

you must also hate arabic numerals

Yup that's pretty much what my hair springs look like after i attempt repairs.
Good luck user and may you have more skill than me

if it's fake it's worthless, nobody wants a scratched up fake

if you want to fix it and wear it that's up to you, if it works and you like it then get that hand fixed but know that any money you put into it is gone and for your enjoyment only

>Is it worth fixing though?
Into the trash it goes

FeelsBadMan with a gun

If I were you I would dissect it for fun

This kelran strap is pretty fucking amazing for the 10 bucks that I paid

Good idea :)

I'll keep fucking up till I dump like another grand or two into equipment. What I could really use right now is a high magnification microscope, maybe with a camera even. Not to mention a cleaning machine, a timegrapher that isn't ass nor does it cost a fortune, a dial feet soldering machine, more oils, superluminova, circuit testers, quartz movement tester and an oil cup that's actually dustproof.

>braindead faggots hating on Citizen

C'mon guys, it's not like we were talking about Steinshit.
Citizen do have some core value.

What are some good beginner tools to attempt a watch repair? My Raketa just stopped working and I want to be able to open it up and dick around with the movement (repair is optional but would be nice).

The Accutron I bought was "lightly worn" for about a year. There wasn't any noticeable scratches on the watch or the strap buckle, just the leather band was a little kinked from use I guess.

I would really like to get a nice NATO strap. If you get a new strap for your Accutron, please come back and post some feedback here.

Here's a Tag f1, but from a few years ago.

I agree with this brother. It's all about how it makes the owner feel.
2nd kind of cool.

That's far too modern, Senna is with Lotus there so it's 1987 at the latest.

It's more likely to be something like pic related.

Bergeon

Can someone link a good quality NATO strap from ebay or Aliexpress? I've bought 2. One that was like 2 dollars from China, absolute shit quality, and another one from Germany, okey quality for 10 dollars. I see nice quality ones here so decided to ask.

anyone know what movement this has? All I have found is mechanical hand winding.

What's wrong with my watch?

hello friends, I do not know much about watches, does anyone know a very good digital watch? I am looking for something pretty and nice, I don't care much about the price.

Every digital watch I see is some sort of ugly sports watch. They used to make nice digital watch very long time ago, do they not anymore?

Thats an LED watch, not a digital one.
There's a difference
Get one of the classic designed Casio ones.
They're not steel sadly, but you can't do much better for 20 bucks

It's still a digital watch even if it uses LEDs to display those digits.

There's no formal name for LCD watch other than Digital; an LED watch is an LED watch, and an LCD watch is a Digital watch

It's such a shame that ALS is a Richemont bitch
If there's a single company more garbage than swatch, it's richecuck

Nigga, an LCD, LED, or a mechanical like the zeitwerk are all digital watches.

No

>implying

Yes

hello friends thank you for replying to my post,
do you know where I may be able to purchase these watches?

>Nigga, an LCD, LED, or a mechanical like the zeitwerk are all digital watches.

quartz watches that power lcd displays are often literally not digital, the old casios were not digital they were analog, they use a vibrating piece of quartz crystal to time a sine wave that sets off the numbers every x waves via hardware, there is no digital (ones and zeros) information anywhere on the watch

it's like calling an old cathode ray tube tv a "digital TV"

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

yes

>counting peaks in a sine wave
>counting 1s in a bit stream

are you retarded

Digital literally means something using digits. In all three cases (LED, LCD, mechanical) they're using digits to display the time. They're all digital.

while that is also true, digital refers to how the watch displays time.

>You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

explain to me what is digital about the watch

youtube.com/watch?v=vCEQ5J97pO4

it's does not work that way it is hardwired to light up every x sin waves, that does not make it digital

is a TV made in 1950 digital because it uses sine waves that count up and down in the hardware of the electron gun?

is a transistor radio digital?

>explain to me what is digital about the watch
It displays time digitally instead of an analog hand. The exact definition of digital watch.

>Digital literally means something using digits. In all three cases (LED, LCD, mechanical) they're using digits to display the time. They're all digital.

so in your mind this is a digital clock???

Yes, that is what that word means.

The timekeeping method is not the same as the way in which the time is displayed on the face of the watch.

That is the exact definition of digital.

that is gay

i have always heard them called quartz watches if they are not literally digital and digital if they are

That's just a newbie misunderstanding. Digital and Analog refer to how the time is read from the device. When we talk about the technology that powers the watch we will talk about mechanical (always assumed to be lever escapement with balance wheel unless otherwise specified) quartz, tuning fork, spring drive or other mechanism.

Well, I guess this was a digital clock all along then since it has digits along the edge. Who would have thought?

Yeah but those didgets aren't the time readout. They're a tool to help people read the real time readout -- the hands.

Get a cheap digital casio if you must have a watch to know the time

hey guys, I am going to a wedding in a month and need a good formal watch that is inexpensive with a black leather band
I was thinking a timex weekender fairfield but not sure

get a seiko auto that's cheap or used and get into it that way senpai

Check out the orient bambino.

this of one of the seiko sapphire quartz ones if you don't mind quartz. Orient also has some nice quartz as well.

Yes! you stupid, stupid inbreed.

>this is decent collection
Why do you even try Cred Forums?

Would this look retarded on a black leather strap?
Distressed or calf skin

It's a Pulsar. It always looks retarded.

Just to clarify, I really like the idea of wearing a digital watch as a traditional one. Given it's one of the few ones with a steel case.
Any why do you say that?

No. Leather just doesn't go with it

>Any why do you say that?

This is the only way a Omega/Pulsar 2 should be worn.

Bought this the other day. Nothing too fancy but I like the colour scheme and I'm a sucker for roman numerals.

>not set to the same time
>triggered

Olive green zulu it is then
Return that shit

Do all the useless looking shit on chronographs actually mean anything?

I don't know, why don't you learn what they do?

Yes

Buy a dictionary you twat

HELP!! Yesterday I changed battery of a Seiko chronograph for the first time with my new case back spanner. When I completed changing it, the seconds hand on the chronometer now doesn't line up at zero anymore. Here's a pic of movement, next pic will be of the watch.

This is where the chronograph resets now! It's driving me nuts. I feel like I can't wear the watch like this. Is there any way to adjust it back? What do I do?

>I do not know much about watches
Then proceeds to argue a point that is massively wrong.

Here ya go falamam

youtube.com/watch?v=rjOkLgQjBb4

Fuck off.

Different user here.

You could use cheap tools, but generally it's not advisable since they are generally shit. Bergueon tools off eBay are usually not all that expensive.

Pictured is a Raketa 2627 i was cleaning a lot while ago.

I want to get rid of the fake Denzel Washington watch I bought long time ago for 3€ on Aliexpress on eBay but I'm kind of worried I could get my account banned if someone finds out. xoild Inget in trouble even if I state it's a chink copy?

Could I get*

Possible.

If you describe it bad enough nobody could tell you know it's a fake, but at the same time nobody would try to buy it either.

Just bin it.

Well I will probably give it to some qt girl I know as a gift. I bought the same watch for my ex back then and didn't tell her it was a fake kek.
She was so incredibly happy that day, got the best sex ever that night. Totally worth the 3€.

She was quite a cheap girl wasn't she?

Some Seagull movement probably.

the white date window looks like shit. easy choice

Thanks senpai, this worked!! I really appreciate that, and I can't believe how easy that was! Do you know if this is only for Seiko's, or can you adjust other quartz chrono's in this manner?

Depends on the movement, but Seiko/Orient (like the 7T92/94A), Casio and Citizen have a few analog quartz chrono movements that can do that.

As far as the Swiss, i'm not sure.

Mechanical chronographs are a whole different story. Also, i need to take an update pic by now.

Yeah I figured mechanicals would be much different. I was watching a video yesterday of a speed masters mechanism through the clear back, while starting and stopping the chronometer, it was beautiful, and looked extremely complex.

what is this gay insignia.
It looks disgusting.

I'm going to order a clear caseback for this 3133 real soon since it's pretty neat looking at the chronograph levers working.

It's pretty obvious.

>decent collection
>same watch in multiple colors
Thats called autism

Not him but to me that watch face is way too busy. Numbers are everywhere and not contributing to readability. Less is more.

>I'll pay for beer and lube
>lube
Is this an aspect of Australian rules watchmaking I was not aware of?

Pic. used for more than 10 years or so and going great guns.

>Also, i need to take an update pic by now.
Temporal police catching up on you?

>autism
Hardly. The watches are not sorted chromatically.

Every quartz chronograph needs to be zeroed after a battery change.

What is this watch worth? On the face it says: "Rotary 100 Metres Sapphire". On the back it reads: "Ref - 10166. And it's battery powered.

Cheers.

>some beat up piece of shit

$0

It's worth the effort to toss it into the nearest trash bin.

Since in most places you'll get fined if you throw dogshit in the street.

Lmao, into the bin it goes.

If the new Seiko SRP series is too big for my wrist, would a Pelagos be a better fit?

My Eulit perlon strap just arrived but I'm confused, where do you poke the buckle into?

Anywhere. It's what makes perlons so superior to other nylon straps, you can adjust them to a much finer extent. Don't worry that there will be a big hole, the weave returns to its original position easily.

Seriously question, any cheap Submariner-style divers that are as good as this?

Just sell the Casio and get another Rolex?

How about this one ?

What about the hours hand?

In a Miyota chrono.

I could't adjust it...

No, not really.

Depends on the movement.

user from earlier did give me enough info.

Bump limit reached.
New bread when?

Does it help if I actually use those numbers?

Also why do people not like the eco-drive?