What password manager do you use and why?

What password manager do you use and why?

a .txt file in a 1 gb usb

>1 gb
gram barn?
Do you mean GB or GiB instead?

gentoo

obufiscated?

>Being this gay

Autism

My own app

found the autist

My brain

KeePassX because GPL.
I used to write them on a piece of paper and store it in a safe.

lastpass is the bset

My head, least risky to leak passwords.

Keepass.

Why?
I could write a book on why, but I'll just list some core features that I personally need.

>AutoType
If I visit a site and the url matches the one in my keepass db, then it'll automatically type in my login/pass. I had not had to manually type in or copy/paste my credentials in ages.

>Open Source/Plugin support
I can write my own plugins if I feel a feature is missing.

>Built-in pass generator
Makes it easy to generate high quality passwords and shows the password entropy. Combine this with auto-type, and it means I can have secure passwords for all 200+ sites I have accounts for without ever needing to remember my credentials.

>Built-in backup solutions
ditto

>Encryption
Can be encrypted with a keyfile or locked in various ways.

>Memory protection
Prevents key loggers

I don't think I can ask for anything better. It's perfect. Well okay maybe the gui can look a bit more modern, but it's not like I spend my time in the gui anyway.

This, don't trust password managers. NSA probably put maliciously altered version of the manager on the website when you update. Your brain is only thing you can trust.

You have a serious mental illness.
Seek help.

>shilling for a botnet

How do you remember unique passwords for a magnitude of sites?

Do you have the same password for everything, or use algorithm?

I just remember them

I wish little kids who spam buzzwords would leave Cred Forums already. This is an 18+ site.

No, you don't.

Algorithm is easy way to remember.

Why the fuck is there a thread about this everyday? NSA looking for the most popular ones to crack?

Yes, I do. Why the fuck do you think you know what I remember and what I don't remember?

Wouldn't make a damn difference if they cracked it anyway since my .db is located inside an encrypted volume.

password card laminated and in my wallet

KeepassX with tresorit

You're advocating a method that possibly only works for you because you have like 5 passwords.

The memory to remember your log in and password for 100+ sites, all with different passwords is rare and I don't think you you're one of those people sorry.

>The memory to remember your log in and password for 100+ sites
Why are you still responding to bait user.

Passwords Plus

Because whoever replies last wins, don't you know the rules of the internet, user.

One Password.

Literally the best one on the market

keepass(x)

Why?
- FOSS
- Handle my own security
- Cross-platform
- Works well with browsers AND other apps.

I don't use this many sites, but I do remember all of my passwords.
Password managers are useless to me.

enpass

same here user

I've had encounters with NSA, and am pretty sure they spy on me constantly

This. I use like 5 passwords for important sites like gmail, steam and paypal. And then 1 regular password123 for shit sites i dont care about

These are such stupid useless replies. Why do you even bother.

The thread is about password managers, no one gives a fuck if you have 5 logins that you can remember in your head.

>Get mugged
>Well, it's all over now...

My brain. It's unhackable.

Can I use Keepass for a complex Windows session password ? Currently I have to remember two passwords, the master and the windows one (which is the same account as my skype/onedrive)

If you can't remember a significantly stringent enough password--and enough of them--to ensure you're being secure, then you are absolutely taking shortcuts in other places that are creating large enough security risks that you're probably completely defeating the purpose of a password manager.

It's not hard to memorize and remember things. It's actually the lowest form of intelligence. If you are using a password infrequently enough as to forget it, just stop using whatever requires that password. If you're making them too complex to remember, just make them longer. No one is going to try to break into your fucking gmail account if you've got a 128-character password, even if it's just some movie quote. Nothing you have in there is worth it.

If you're trying to hide something valuable enough that you need a password with extreme entropy, you aren't going to protect it with just a password. Encrypt everything and stop using the internet unless it's on disposable hardware.

tl;dr--youre a fucking tryhard idiot with no real knowledge about security

my brain, because im not a stupid fucker