explain this shit

i dont want to use their shitty drive

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/HFTrader/DeepLearningBook
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

use outlook.com
much better than shitty gmail

install gentoo

except outlook is cancer. i'm redirecting my university emails to gmail just to avoid using it

off yourselfes

welcome to free email clients!

They give you free email.
They give you free storage.
They give you free everything,.
And you complain about some limitations.

Typical ungrateful spoiled fuck.

Then use a different service, duh.
What's the difference anyway? You're already using the botnet email service, might as well take advantage of the botnet cloud service also

>25MB limit
>my file is not even 20

Yeah but i dont want the recipient of the email to have to open bloat drive to download instead of downloading attachments right from the e-mail

but i think i know what it could be. it says "Your file is larger than 25MB" but maybe it counts all files I attached in total

>but i think i know what it could be. it says "Your file is larger than 25MB" but maybe it counts all files I attached in total
lel that was it. i removed some of the other attachments and it works

fucking stupid ass error messages. it's not even on github to report the issue

>their report system does not even acknowledge linux

>free
yeah sure
(You) are the product, retard

>if ur not payng ur the product wake up sheeple
oh boy

Because they don't want to list billion different redistributions in there. IF you're using linux then you click other and write your variant on the textfield.

By definition he's not incorrect. Companies don't do things completely gratis because they're kind and caring.

No one lists the distributions dummy, they can just have a Linux option for all Linux flavours like everyone else

No it isn't. I did the same thing as OP.
>want to sent file. 35MB limit
>cut to 30MB
>"Your message is 41MB and can't be delivered"

At least "your message" is more informative as it may refer as all the files you attached + text + whatever you have. Gmail just says "Your file is larger than" when they refer to everything

The globalists are collecting ure data!

But companies like Google are collecting user data. That's literally the whole thing.

>report problem with confusing error message
>get "expert" reply
>If the TOTAL size of your basic email message plus all its attachments exceeds the limit, it will not go.

last time i'm reporting anything google related unless it's on github

It's not me who is the product, my money is the product

wtf

Captain Tinfoil

They aren't selling my data, they're selling adspace at much higher prices than TV for example, because they target it, so that I may actually want to buy whatever is advertised. So the advertiser is paying Google to get my money (when I actually buy the advertised product). At no point is my personal info going anywhere other than Google (they would be stupid to give out the data, because it would devalue their own business model, devalue the data and in the end, there isn't anyone on the planet who can make more money off my data than Google themselves. They are more keen on protecting my data than I am)

fair, but you omitted the part where they give out your data to fbi

That's not because they want to, but I agree

This is how the mail server is supposed to work you fucking neet weeb.

You should know that if you actually learned something about Linux other than ricing your shit.

how is this relevant to what i said tard

> Appending megabytes long strings of base64 encoded files to your emails
Pig disgusting. Hosting the files on HTTP is the correct way to go. Drive does it for you.

Iirc that happens because the encoding used adds a large overhead making the files bigger.

I just don't get people. They spend 1000 dolla on fucking phones but they won't get a VPN and host their internet needs there with way better conditions.

why care about the internals when clients take care of it for you

it happense cause the error message is misleading and they actually mean the whole message is >25MB not just the file

my phone is $150 and i have a vps, but it's more covenient to attach to the email you are already sending to contact them

>ONE GIG OF STORAGE
Unless you want to pay 300 dollars a year.

>why care about the internals when clients take care of it for you
That's the point. You don't have to care about how it's done, in the end the file will get to your recipient. It will go through Drive because mail agents would shit their beds handling emails that large.

yeah but then the recipient has to open a new page and wait for drive to load and then download instead of pressing 'download all' or something in the same page where they're reading the email. it's ux

lr2/kgb archiver/

also i have to concern about whether that file is stored in my drive where i usually store other stuff and not the stuff i was gonna send, and then potentially go and delete it, etc. it's just not convenient

nah people dont like weird extensions that they don't know how to open. if i send it to a tech person i do .xz, otherwise zip

Email sucks at sharing files. It's old as fuck and hasn't changed much in the last 40 years. Just imagine what it took to send 25MB of data back then.

Dunno about that actually

mind sharing the book OP?

github.com/HFTrader/DeepLearningBook

niice thanks