LINUX BTFO LMAO

LOL LOONIX #REKT

HOW CAN FREETARDS POSSIBLY EVER RECOVER FROM THIS?

community.spiceworks.com/networking/articles/2462-server-virtualization-and-os-trends

Other urls found in this thread:

azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/microsoft-showcases-the-azure-cloud-switch-acs/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Worldwide_device_shipments
google.com/about/careers/search#!t=jo&jid=136505001&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DELETE!

Well done pajeet.

Microsoft's Azure servers are running on Linux, U.S Army largest software provider is Red Hat. How can OP recover from this?

wtf I hate linux now.

These numbers are for spiceworks customers.

But I agree that linux could be better for servers.
It should be so easy to set up a server that normal people will have a home server.

>Microsoft's Azure servers are running on Linux
Actually Azure runs on a customized Hyper-V Server.

>Fully 87.7% of the physical servers and VMs in the Spiceworks network

66% of servers in the real world run UNIX.

Windows status: BTFO

>HOW
Easily.

It is all about reading comprehension, young grasshopper. It is about
>On-Premises Server Operating System Market Shares
>On-Premises Server
Chances are that Windows 2008 server is, well, serving a lot more people than the people on the premises. Like off shore users. In Russia.

Now, young padawan, what was the issue?

You mean public http servers only.

>Azure runs on Linux
Where did this meme come from? This is not true at all, the Azure cluster was even on the TOP500 supercomputer list at one point and it was recognized as the only Windows-running machine on the list.

Take that neo nazi shit back to Cred Forums please

>Where did this meme come from?
To be fair they were creating their own Linux distro designed to run on the switches they use in the Azure datacenters.

yeah it's like 99% of supercomputers running Linux.

>Where did this meme come from?
azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/microsoft-showcases-the-azure-cloud-switch-acs/

>Linux restricted to specialized niche use cases

So what's the news here?

I have never used Windows Server.

What's it like?

It's like using COM.

Please stop. Pepe is an ancient religious indian symbol that represents peace and good luck.

LELELE WINDOZE BTFO
XDDDDD

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Worldwide_device_shipments

>unironically using octothorpes outside of code
>unironically using any emotes
I wish shitposting wasn't so shit.

It gets even worse when you look at the revenue differences between a single Microsoft product like Sharepoint and the entirety of Red hat.

Pray

>850 KB screamdump ... in JPG
>Pray
No hope.

HOLY FUCK you guys are nerds. How does server marketshare effect you? Why do you care? You stupid FUCKS will argue about anything. This isn't even interesting. GOD can everyone in this thread just kill themselves?

/thread

see
Nobody gives a flying fuck about the millions of the $4/month sites running wordpress.

Super computers are 99% Linux too.

And?

Windows btfo

Pretty sure Facebook uses Linux, and i guarantee Google doesn't use Windows. So there you go.

So what your saying is Linux is restricted to specialized niche use cases?

Sounds about right.

lolno

google.com/about/careers/search#!t=jo&jid=136505001&

Sure. You first.

Triggered - The post.

And yes, yes I can. But I'm taking you with me.

Sounds like you're just angry.

It's the most popular OS in almost every market except the desktop. Windows is the "specialized" OS for retards like your self. Now go pretend to code in Visual Studio.

Even MS has admitted that Linux is a better development environment, or else there would be no point in adding a shitty Linux sub-system to their already shitty and bloated OS.

Literally the only reason to use Windows is for program compatibility, Linux does everything else 10 times better. Linux has better performance (why do you think it's used on super computers), and has better stability (why do you think it's the dominant server OS?) than any other OS.

Wincucks are just mad little babies who are tied into some proprietary spyware that they need Windows for. They're jealous that their employer won't let them use Linux so they have to deal with the contstant headache that is Windows.

Enjoy you built in ads and spyware.

Stay mad cuck.

>It's the most popular OS in almost every market except the desktop.
..and those markets account for something like 0.001% of worldwide computer use.

Remember, for every ONE server there are 1000s of desktops that connect to it for its web pages

Yeah I use Windows my self but even I'm not deluded enough to try to pretend it does anything better than Linux.

Linux is state of the art, Windows is state of the fart.

>he doesn't understand how server clusters work

You're an idiot, which explains why you keep trying to defend Windows.

Enjoy being cucked little cuck boy?

You know why they call you faggots wincucks? Because you let Windows practically rape your ass and do what ever they want with you. It's fucking pathetic.

>You're an idiot, which explains why you keep trying to defend Windows.
I've posted int his thread once....

So you admit you're cucked?

really mad

So this is the Cred Forums equivalent of the /o/ bench racing threads. Got it.

Also, server statistics are a funny thing. Often, a probe will hit a load balancer and report back with the agent being Linux. It doesn't take into account the dozen or so IIS / Exchange CAS / whatever else behind the load balancer.

I seem to recall that Linux servers handle load balancing a bit differently, and actually report back correctly. I could be wrong however.

And with all that said, Enterprise still runs Windows. AD / Exchange / Sharepoint / SQL / etc. Most places are about 70/30 Windows / Linux servers. Some more, some less.

You have no idea what you're talking about. I work for dreamworks and they're almost 100% Linux and they have been over a decade.

I've also worked for multiple fortune500 companies and not only are they running Linux servers on the backend, they're moving away from Windows.

Ever since the Snowden leaks and Windows 10 people have been dropping Windows.

What you're saying may have been true a few years ago but the land scape has changed since the 90's.

>on-premises

>AD / Exchange / Sharepoint / SQL /

Linux makes a much better server for SQL databases according to most benchmarks.

The others aren't used at any startups I worked at in San fran. I did work for a shady business in a dilapidated building that had an exchange server though. No one uses it if they need security these days.

>Cred Forums writes slashfiction

Why would you even care about those weebfagging Loonix users who don't do nothing else but post screenshots of screenfetch, with a minimalist music player and some fucking waifu in the background. Those are mentally disabled manchilds who went through some weird shit during childhood. It's irreversible, don't even try..

That sounds like a monopoly, I think we might have to break Red Hat up.

Still better than shitposting the same bullshit every fucking day.

FREETARDS ON SUICIDE WATCH

HOLY SHIT LINUX PERMANENTLY BTFO

FREETARDS ON SUICIDE WATCH DOCTORS HAVE TAKEN AWAY THEIR BELTS AND SHOELACES

YES TODAY IS A BAD DAY FOR FREETARDS HAHAHAHA

FIREFOX GOT REKT TOO

Don't you kids have school?

Holy shit this is pathetic

>this just in, retarded IT support don't know how to use anything but Windows to manage their servers!
Are you really expecting companies to shell out money for someone who knows Windows AND Linux?

>almost 100% Linux
Great. Almost.

>I've also worked for multiple fortune500 companies
Couldn't make it as helldesk at one, so you bounced to another. Good for you, I guess.

>Linux makes a much better server for SQL databases according to most benchmarks.
Depends on the scale. MySQL has, or had a couple years ago anyway, issues with configurations above 32 cores and 256GB RAM. SQL 2012 scaled better up to about 1TB RAM. Then got rekt by Oracle (Fuck Oracle).

But the cluster configs also were better at that time. I don't know if this is still accurate. These systems were used in systems where devices like phones and other electronics were built, handling upwards of 250M transactions / minute.

>had an exchange server though. No one uses it if they need security these days.
lolno. Look more into Exchange. It's a whole new animal.

>Are you really expecting companies to shell out money for someone who knows Windows AND Linux?
You're joking, right? Mixed experience is a primary requirement for anything beyond helldesk.

I manage a large enough environment. Nearly 2500 Hyper-V hosts and about 300 ESXi hosts around the world. The Hyper-V stuff all runs Server 2012R2 DataCenter. AVMA is GOAT. But ESXi has generally better support for Linux / BSD VM's. With as much of our infrastructure as Windows runs, and as much as I like some of Microsoft's offerings, there is no way in hell I'd leave even a single Windows box public. The edge firewall is a space that Microsoft doesn't compete in, and they know it. It's why Forefront is no longer a thing.

>Linux is state of the art, Windows is state of the fart.
hahaha yea thats exactly the attitude I would expect from someone that doesnt understand why companies go for software with support instead of free garbage.

>about a percent still running Windows 2000
>apparently visible to the internet, too

makes me wonder how much of the "other" is NT4, as scary as that is

Makes sense. Most servers are probably just used for small to medium sized businesses and their worker's computers. That's really not the sort of situation that Linux is used for. Now as far as data centers go, it's probably 99% Linux.

Smelly dumb frogposter scum.

>Fully 87.7% of the physical servers and VMs in the Spiceworks network (which are mostly on-premises) run Microsoft Windows Server
>Spiceworks

What did you expect OP? Spiceworks is notorious for M$ shills because it's just a bunch of crusty windows admins circlejerking around Active Directory.

This has a horribly skewed sample.

Because routers, web servers and supercomputers are a super unbiased sample, right?

ive actually got virtualized instances of nt4 running to support some plc stuff. they dont hit the internet though

I'm not even taking those into account. Spiceworks is full of Windows admins and that was the only data they polled.

Name a hosting company other than Azure that doesn't primarily run on GNU/Linux (rackspace, linode, google, amazon, digital ocean).

Every government contract I've ever worked was 100% GNU/Linux.

The vast majority of companies that rely on hosting companies run GNU/Linux virts/AMIs/etc.

Most large institutions with time sensitive distributed workloads run GNU/Linux.

>supercomputers

holy shit what the fuck is wrong with you people? i probably have more windows servers in my environment than there are supercomputers on the planet

I feel bad for my fellow sysadmins having to maintain Legacy Windows Servers

I'm glad I learnt . NET instead of php.

This is why I don't do tech past hobby. Everyone is fucking obnoxious cunt.

And to add to this nobody reallu uses gnu/linux in real world. I hope RMS dies soon.

You are out of touch with reality unless you mean desktops.

What so you can make 25k/year working in a cubicle?

Should have learned javascript.

>failing to realize it's a photograph

delete this

Not just desktops, servers too, see OP.

According to W3Cook (checks top 1 million website in the world), 98-99% of servers run *nix systems.

ITT: rectally shattered lincucks in maximum denial.

But muh supa computa

but this is just for one community.

Probably a community of retards.

FACT: Microsoft runs Linux servers and even Linux desktops internally. The developers of Windows mostly use Linux and Mac.

Windows is developed for consumers and not form programmers.

Source: I'm a Windows developer, I work for Microsoft

I'm an unix admin (well not that much of an admin, I mean, I don't know shit about LVM2 and other important shit so I'm basically a retard that works with unix servers) and starting tomorrow I'm doing a Microsoft course for Windows Server 2012.

Is it a good idea to become proficient with both Windows and Unix? Windows Server seems easy peasy desu senpai

No one uses Windows servers since the snowden leaks.

>microsoft yet again posting the exact same lies as the last thread which have absolutely no basis in fact, ever
Just report this thread, Microsoft paid trolls are not allowed to post on Cred Forums. Trying to tell Microsoft they're wrong is as pointless as trying to tell idiot religiousfucks they're wrong. Just ban them from civilized discussion and move on.

Chromebook and Mac sales breh, windows is dying.

OP is horribly skewed. They only polled spiceworks which is definitely a more wjndows-centric place. Not a very big sample size and the source of the sample was biased, this is an obvious shill thread.

look at these mad freecunts

>The developers of Windows mostly use Linux and Mac.
u wot m8?

>Source: I'm a Windows developer, I work for Microsoft
Do you want to know how I know you're lying?

Lets start with tools like codelook and source depot, and add TFS and SharePoint.

Do you really want to continue this?

No you dumbfuck, some of the networking gear microsoft uses to run their clowd services is linux based, stop spewing bullshit if your too tech illiterate to understand a simple news article.

>Is it a good idea to become proficient with both Windows and Unix?
Yes. I am windows admin and it is easy as hell.
Every problem can be solved using google. A certificate helps though.