/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Google Pixel phones arriving October 4, teaser confirms
gsmarena.com/google_pixel_phones_arriving_october_4_teaser_confirms-news-20600.php

Google Pixel will start at $649, rumor claims
gsmarena.com/google_pixel_will_start_at_649_rumor_claims-news-20593.php

Samsung is already testing Android 7.0 on the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
gsmarena.com/samsung_is_already_testing_android_70_on_the_galaxy_s7_and_s7_edge-news-20613.php

Alleged Xiaomi Mi Note 2 screenshot shows 8GB RAM, 256GB storage
gsmarena.com/alleged_xiaomi_mi_note_2_screenshot_shows_8gb_ram_256gb_storage-news-20612.php

Xiaomi Redmi Pro review
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_pro-review-1496.php

CyanogenMod CM14 (Android 7.0 Nougat) ROM rolls out to the OnePlus 3
phonearena.com/news/CyanogenMod-CM14-Android-7.0-Nougat-ROM-rolls-out-to-the-OnePlus-3_id85628

Huawei Nova + Nova Plus review: Lean and mean | Android Central
androidcentral.com/huawei-nova

Xiaomi Redmi 3S Review | Prime Version
youtu.be/muTJ3jkvWA4

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

thehackernews.com/2016/09/xiaomi-android-backdoor.html
gsmarena.com/yota_yotaphone_2-6959.php
kimovil.com/en/compare/leeco-letv-le-max-pro-x910-4gb-32gb,xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro,xiaomi-redmi-pro
kimovil.com/en/compare/leeco-letv-le-max-pro-x910-4gb-32gb,xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro,xiaomi-redmi-note-4-3gb-32gb
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-zuk-z2-pro
amazon.com/dp/B01H2E0KVA
willmyphonework.net
nxrom.us/redminote3pro.html
gsmarena.com/leeco_le_max_2-review-1449.php
gizmochina.com/2016/09/11/leeco-september-21-launch-le-pro-3-sd-821-chip-6gb-ram/
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-gigaset-me
phonearena.com/phones/benchmarks
telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/08/08/bug-leaves-900-million-android-devices-vulnerable-to-attack/
youtube.com/watch?v=AsKCq1rwG8c
youtube.com/watch?v=vILAlhwUgIU
youtube.com/watch?v=meRSKCSod-A
en.miui.com/thread-199580-1-1.html
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones
cn.lemall.com/cn/phone/lepro3.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone gotten OTA updates to work (using FlashFire or whatever) using Phh SuperUser and/or Xposed?

>qt slav reviews the redmi 3s prime

I was wondering if I should get this phone now that the nexus is poised to be fucking expensive.

Miui scares me tho. It gives of the botnet vibe

>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Having had the OP3 but returned it bc of the new "nexus", it was p amazing.
That was a month ago and I just re-ordered it knowing now that the Pixel is going for $650 / competing with the top tier flagships, it is way too much for me.
I did consider however to wait for the 6p to fall. Considering in Canada the 6p is still at $699 (32gb variant) and almost always sold out, even if it drops to $599 (very very unlikely), it will not only be sold out but still pricier than the OP3 which I've already had the opportunity to test and love.
Just ranting, AMA if you're interested in the 5x or OP3- owned both.

*Also, Xiaomi sale is still going on, "Spet 20".

>honor 8 arrives
>fucking gorgeous
>fast as fuck
>inspect it after day one of use
>2 miniscule scratches on the back
>magic gone immediately
Gonna have to walk around with a shitty case on this now.

Oneplus three or moto z play? Why?

What do you think about Lenovo Zuk Z1?

Specs to Zuk Z1. Thoughts?

Apparently you have to use some bullshit interface board (the "Reference Moto Mod"), and that provides GPIO, USB, some high speed busses and some other bullshit. They don't actually specify anything about the connector of the device itself. Meh.

Useless now that's the Zuk Z2 with SD820 is out and is very cheap.

Is there a best value-for-money phone than the Xiaomi Redmi?

And I'm not talking about the Redmi 3. I'm not talking about the Redmi 3 pro either. Hell, I'm not even talking about the Redmi 3S with the snapdragon 430, a 4100mAh battery, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, and a microSD slot. I'm also not talking about the Redmi note 3 with the helio X10, a 5.5'' 1080p screen, a 4000 mAh battery, and a fingerprint sensor. You think maybe I'm talking about the Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime with a snapdragon 650 and the 16MP camera? Well, I'm not. I'm talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime Special ''Kate'' Edition Global Version that comes with a SD650 and an adreno 510 GPU, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, a dual SIM card slot, a 5MP front camera for juicy selfies, a 16MP back cam with flashlight and autofocus, the latest android 6-based MIUI 8, a full metal body 2mm longer than the regular RN3P, a 4000mAh battery, a fingerprint sensor, an FM radio, an IR blaster, and is compatible with bands 4, 20, and 28.

kek'd. I can't keep up with all the models xiaomi is shitting on the market on a dayli basis desu.

>The big downside of this thing is that it has no audio jack but instead comes with usb-c to audiojack adapter, but the cheaper version (Moto Z Play) still comes with audio jack and would be enough for my needs.

Is this seriously the trend phones are going to have now? Did Apple seriously set a stupid fucking trend that will ultimately get rid of a perfectly functioning, non-obsolete port?

I really fucking hate Apple.

ZTE axon 7

Snapdragon 820, 2k AMOLED, fingerprint reader is as fast as OPO3 after the most recent update
Only drawback is camera is trash but I have a mirror less with wifi I carry with me so idgaf
Not like Instagram is art anyway

I'm confused, why do these threads exist when the Chink Shit General is just over yonder?

Is 2k resolution a meme? Do you really need anything over 1080p? Hell, could 720p at times be just as good?

To be fair Motorola did it first this year.

Got a Axon 7 here. It's going back, reception is still terrible with the latest update.
Love the phone otherwise, but that's a dealbreaker.

>Think about getting an S7 Edge since I see a samsung promo where it comes with a free Gear VR
>"Oh cool, a free Gear VR!"
>Read the fine print
>Send Samsung proof you bought the phone
>The process will then take 4-6 weeks to review
>"Oh, well I guess 4-6 weeks isn't too long of a wait"
>Once it is confirmed by us that you bought the phone, you should receive your free Gear VR™ in 12 weeks
>"Oh..."

Jesus fucking christ, a combined total of 18 weeks just to claim your "free" Gear VR. That's over 4 months. What the fuck Samsung. I'm not expecting instant gratification here but 4 months? That's almost damn near half a year.

I bought the Note 7 and didn't get the SD card until a month later

Could you mini-review it? I'm about to get it dirt cheap.

>Hey, the OP1 was pretty popular, let's make the same device

I want a phone that gets at least the monthly security updates from Google.

Is there any real choice other than Nexus and Blackberry? Isn't there some rom out there that can update itself over the air that I can just flash on a random phone (say a Xperia or something)?

>5.7"-6" screen
>snapdragon
>removable battery
>band 28
>no chink shit

Any alternatives to a note 4 out there?

MIUI IS a botnet
thehackernews.com/2016/09/xiaomi-android-backdoor.html

is the Yotaphone 2 worth it? Obviously not at the old price, but it is 130€ + import at the moment.

Besides the eink display, the specs are kinda old. But it is decent and does have a 1080p amoled screen as well.

I read often, but I can't bring my Kobo Aura HD everywhere. This would solve that.

gsmarena.com/yota_yotaphone_2-6959.php

I know nothing about phones, but what am I missing here?

Was about to buy an honor 5c, but this Mi-4c seems to have everything better. I guess the Mi's front camera has 3 less megapixels and no fingerprint sensor, but are those deal breakers?

I hesitate between op3, nexus 5x and 6p.

What was ur experience of the op3 and 5x? How do the compare, regardless of price?

No global rom+overheating SD808+meh battery.

What did you like about the 5X and what did you like about the 1+3? I am currently on the 6S but am looking to possibly switch back to Android. I like Nexus because I won't have to wait for updates and I get pure Android, but the 1+3 looks like a great phone for the price and Oxygen OS looks pretty close to stock. I am also interested in the new Pixel phones but not if the lowest model is $649.

>US
>T-Mobile
>Waterproof
>$300
>any

This is an older review of my 5x (sold it a couple months ago), but the basis should remain the same:

Mini review of 5x

Pros:
>still the cheapest bang for your buck outright phone in Canada
>camera and bloat free Android is great
>constant Google updates fix """"problems"""" monthly
>good phone size for one handed use
>videos and text look great
>charging is good / 1-2 hours full 100% if you DON'T use the phone while charging
>upon fresh reboot, phone is the fastest device I've ever held
If rooted:
>easy to root / Pure Nexus ROM + Ex Kernel made my device faster and last longer battery wise
>no reboots necessary, always runs great

Cons:
>overpriced in Canada. Find a friend in the US to buy it for you. I made the mistake to buy it full price at $499, 32GB
>battery does 4hrs SOT tops, with no extensive apps like Pokémon GO or Snapchat
>gets hot as fuck. Slows down if it gets passed 45 degrees C.
>heat will destroy your battery, will not let the phone charge if you've pushed the 5x too much
>plastic build makes it feel cheap as hell Again, get this for the ~$250 US price tag to justify
If rooted:
>battery is still 4hrs SOT
>phone stays WAY cooler, not as many heat issues but Pokémon still kills it

tl;dr I liked it, esp coming from the 5 and didn't want to cash out $700. If in Canada, do NOT buy full retail price from the Google Canada Store. Go for a Newegg or some type of reputable retailer that will sell it to you for the US prices.
I ended up selling it for a decent $450.

--

As for the OP3,
I only had two weeks I think with it (that was the return policy stretch).
It was the fastest, 'coolest' device temp-wise, and longest lasting phone I've had. Then again, I've only owned the 5/5x previously. I loved Oxygen OS. I only ever had the Nexus' and Oxy OS felt like a ROM-- cool gestures, tweaks, music control, etc. It was almost like PureNexus ROM in a way.
The charging was beautiful, which I've missed. I'm pretty good with

1/2

v20

I always thought I have good eyesight, but I'm starting to think that I might actually be blind, since I seriously can't see separate pixels on a 5"/720p screen unless I bring the phone unnaturally close to my face

carrying my wall adapter/cable with me for any device so now that this device charged 60% in 30 minutes AND the OP3 stayed cool, was amazing. This allows me to save money on buying an external battery too. The SOT was about 5-6, maybe 5 if I played Pokemon a lot.

The price in Canada is $519 and if I'm comparing it to the $499 5x (as of now in Canada from the Google Store), these devices are on par in the market. Go for the OP3 if you need to choose.

As for the Pixel, no idea what that is going to be like but I'm 99% confident it'll either be too expensive or just too good of a phone. As exampled from my 5x review, I don't do much. I just want a reliable phone that'll last me.

I think I have good eyesight and I can't see the pixels either on 720/5". However I still prefer 1080 because you have more room for pages, text, icons, etc.

Phones without camera hump?

Better bang-for-your-buck phone out there than the Oneplus 3?

Maybe in a couple of years. Too Jew to pay $600+.

Note 4 will have to do.

ZTE Axon 7

Yes. Anything that doesn't have a pentile screen.

is 270$ a good deal for nexus 5x?

Wait until Pixels are released (a couple weeks) and you'll save $50-$100.

>pentile screen
explain

Have a Xiaomi RN3P on its way (kenzo)

Sell it and order a kate?

kenzo should be OK for me hardware-wise, I don't need the extra bands in my country. But if the scene focus on kate instead...

$230

>is 270$ a good deal for nexus 5x?
Absolutely not.

The 5x is $200 in the US bought through google (you have to pay $15 for activation though, so I guess $215).

what has been your experience with chinkphones in america?

>seems legit

Is anyone here a bad enough dude to try and help me with a five year old problem that years of Googling haven't helped?

I've had three phones during this five year period. An iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 and now a Huawei P9 Lite. Neither of these phones are capable of receiving a picture via text and it's driving me insane. I thought the Huawei P9 Lite would be different, but apparently not.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm really at the end of my tether with it. Any help could potentially end five years of suffering.

>Neither of these phones are capable of receiving a picture via text and it's driving me insane.

Who is your carrier?

Do you have MMS APN set up correctly?

>le le le le

lol where the fuck do you people even find this cheap chinese garbage.

just go with a reputable brand that comes in English.

it's a phone, it's probably the most vital electronic device to a majority of people, so much so that they can't even leave the house without it. for something so important, why the fuck would you cheap out and go with some shady chinese shit?

Ni hue xiong li dun.

OH SHIT, the Huawei P9 Lite has a setting that just sets everything up automatically. I'm now up to date with the rest of the world. Thanks for offering to help!

>I never heard of it so it must be shady unknown brand!
LeEco are one of the the biggest TV makers in China and they own Vizio and Faraday Future you retards. stay cucked with you $400+ oneshits.

Isn't there like a TOP 5 under $200 that's relatively updated? I just want to play Pokemon Go on a semi-decent phone.

OK bud enjoy your LeChinkshit. Can that thing even browse LeReddit or is there some kind of stopper placed in the phone due to the communist government it originated from?

Unlocked moto G4 from Motomaker or from a Motorola stand, Telcel has shit offerings all around and Movistar locks their bootloaders and has even shittier support than Telcel

>cute girl spots user on his phone
>"Hey user, is that one of those Samsung Galaxys?"
>"No you uncultured cuck, it's a LeTV LeEco Le Max 2"
>"O-oh..."

Just tell her it's a XL model iPhone 7 from China since it has no 3.5mm jack and she'll be all over you

>"Cool phone, is that a Galaxy?"
>"Nah it's a LeMax 2, It was cheaper and had better specs."
>"Oh, nice."

>Implying the conversation would go any farther than that unless they were also a tech enthusiast or were interested in learning more about the phone

>Implying a girl would know the difference if you told her "Yeah that's the new Galaxy S8 Edge!"

>Mentions specs
>Implying it's not all about brand
This is why you're single.

Thanks for the insight on the phones. I am in the US so I can get a 32GB 5X for $249, which is mostly why I am leaning towards it. I can then sell my 6S and pocket quite a bit. The only thing that worries me with the phone is lag and battery life.

>"LeMax 2?"
>"Yeah man, you've never heard of the LeMax 2 by LeTV?"
>"Dude, what?"
>"The LeTV LeEco Le Max 2 man, you've never heard of it?"
>"Are you fucking with me right now? What the fuck are you talking about?"
>"I'm talking about the amazingly cheap LeTV LeEco Le Max 2 man!"
>"Well, uh, is it any good?"
>"Dunno dude heard the specs are great but I can't get passed the communist lockscreen"

>Oh, nice

Lol. I bet you fuck.

Can someone tell me what the LeTV LeEco Le Max 2 is for 5" phones?

>Implying people give a shit about what phone you use outside of gold-diggers and Cred Forums

>"Hey look it's that weird kid over there who always sits by himself playing with his Samsung phone"
>"Nah dude it's not a Samsung phone I went over to him and asked and he told me it was a Le Man or Le Max or something. I think it's a French phone."
>"What the fuck? Is he too poor to just afford like a Droid or something at the very least?"
>"I dunno man, what a weirdo."

>he actually thinks girls are interested in talking about his phone
Just KYS already you fucking permavirgin beta cuck.

what's the best phone under 300?

>Coming from the sole purchaser of the LeTv LeFuckCuck LeFuckoff 2

Zuk Z2.

>inb4 bb--b-b-but I never heard about this brand gurls won't talk to me!!

I'd go with the LeTV LeEco Le Max 2. Near flagship specs for super-sub-flagship costs. Chicks did it.

When you have some cheap chink piece of shit while everyone around you has iPhones, Nexuses, Notes, and Galaxies, it's a natural talking point for anyone, male or female, to ask what the actual fuck is your phone.

>0.01 rupees have been deposited into your iShit account, Pajeet

More like:

>"LeMax 2? Never heard of it."
>"Yeah it's a weird Chinese brand, but get this, it's under $500 off contract and it's got 6 gigs of RAM, Snapdragon 820, QuadHD screen, Fingerprint reader, the whole shebang."
>"Damn for real? Where do you get one?"
>"I got it on Gearbest. Shipping takes a while but you can't beat the price."
>"Cool, I'll give it a look."

You should try looking at the LeTv LeEco LeMan Lelulu LeLemon Le Max 3. It has twice the specs of the LeTV LeEco Le Max 2 at half the price of the LeTV LeEco LeWoman LeWoo LeXiau 1

>I only care about my phones name and brand in the unlikely scenario a female would ever talk to me
Kek, how sad.

This probably happens in the scripted chinese commercials you envision in your head, but real life does not work like this.

I don't know what sort of vain fucks you hang around, but I hang around intelligent and tech savvy people, so actually it would probably play out about like this.

Autism is in full swing ITT.

Vizio is a garbage brand, though.

>I hang around intelligent and tech savvy people

M'LADY

*tips LeTv LeEco Le Max 2*

Someone had this? I just know about it existence (that's why I came here) and I think it fits what I need perfect.

Experiences? Opinions?

That Lecuck device looks like shit. Mediocre display, no audio jack, generic aluminum case, chinese bloat and botnets. no thanks.

Cheap garbage. If you want a cheap Chinese brand phone, look elsewhere.

It does in my life, lot'sa people I know are buying chink shit from Gearbest, what you can get locally it's usually the same crap but for 6 times the price
Phone wise no one wants Apple and much less Samcuck phones anymore, specially Samcuck phones and all the other western brands are either pure overpriced trash or glorified overpriced chinkshit
Vizio is still one of the best bang for the buck TV brands out there
Fuck off Samsung shill

Also, no microSD and only 32GB total storage. And what kind of botnet is "CDLA"?

>being that assblasted to no girl ever talked to you
lmao@your life.

Fuck of stinky chinky`

Don't you Lecuck marketers got some ancient Chinese dragon festival to be at or something? Why don't you work for Apple instead? You'd probably make just a tiny bit more than sweatshop wages.

>Mediocre display
>5.7" 1440p
Why are Samshils always so retarded?

I put it against Xiaomi Redmi Pro 3 and 4 and looks better, why LeMAx is bad?

i can imagine how the company meeting went
- ok we have this flagship-tier phone at a killer price, any ideas for the name?
- JUST

What beats the Redmi 3S for the price? Or maybe something with 1080p?

He's just sad that no girls ever asked him about his iShit, ignore him. Chinkphones are awesome. get the RN3P.

Mi4c.

whenever someone asks me what my phone is, if it seems like they know what they're talking about just tell em the xiaomi mi4, otherwise i just say chinaphone. In reality no one gives a shit, certainly not girls

>Size and resolution are everything

Why are chinks so retarded? Not everyone here is a normie that thinks a bigger is better

"le" means "the" in Chinese. it's also pronounced "lay" not "le ebin maymay". they also don't market to non Chinese markets so what do you they care?

Curiously, I've been with a Jiayu G3-C for like 2 years now, and nobody reacted weird when I told them it was "A Jiayu". Usually is like

>What phone do you have?
>Jiayu G3-C
>They maybe got a little surprise
>A chinese brand, not chinese like false, chinese from there

I'm not english so translated maybe has weird meanning, but people usually understand it at 1st try.

it was a joke you autist

>they also don't market to non Chinese markets

Sure does explain all the Mei Faun and Kung Pao Chickens in this thread.

Is the Redmi note 3 pro a meme? Seriously will it function as a text, call, and shitpost machine? Thanks anons :^)

>t. underage turbomanlet

You just say "cheap Chinese shit I bought on Amazon/Aliexpress". no one will care further.

You sure showed me Mr. Yinjing Chi

>Sure does explain all the Mei Faun and Kung Pao Chickens in this thread.
Their value is better than pretty much every brand that markets their stuff in the USA, that's why you get shit like /csg/ importing chinkphones that don't even fully support the american cellular networks
Most of the current brands that market their shit in the USA are so desperate that they are already doing damage control, just look at yourself shilling
It's great all around, but it's camera it's lackluster at best

Yes but not if your'e Americuck with shit third world bands.

Yeah, I don't know the rest of the world, but I think that people who asked me about the phone don't care about other things that knowing why they don't recognize that phone.

On the topic, is it worth the LeMax 2 then?

>can't refute point about 2k display
>I-I was only pretending to be retarded
Just hang yourself dumb Kike.

Kate is 2mm longer, doesn't fit with any case, and all CM versions are made for Kenzo. (But portable to kate)

Honestly it looks really nice but IOS is still a piece of shit. Good thing grolious Yurop lets me get a refund without having to justify myself.
Time to hop back on my S7 and hope the upcoming Pixel phones will be any good.

Does the Great Firewall make you post stale images?

In any case, the display on my S7 Edge is leaps and bounds better.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro is better value. SD650, huge battery, tons of support and CM13 roms including official one. MiUI is meh buy can be avoided.

>Yurop
The 821 will most likely still be inferior to the 8890 and throttle quickly

I'm not sure why you'd waste money on an inferior device

>I think it's a French phone.

you killed me nigga

Because no matter what hardware Samsung throws at it, Touchjizz will always run like shit.
Stock Android shits all over it even with mid-range hardware.

>A samshill calling chinkphones unreliable garbage while all Galaxy Note 7 have literally became hand grenades

Stupid smelly gook. too bad you didn't get a GN7 and have it blow up your tiny brain. hopefully your touchjizz 7 will do that do.

I'm not sure, the Exynos S7 is faster than the HTC 10 that's essentially stock..

I was using Kimovil and face to face they didn't seem to be different but battery and GUI as you said.

However, people (or the web) scored better efficience on LeMax battery than on Xiamo being 3mAh. Also lightly better display. Also they both have custom ROM.

Why is still better value Xiaomi?

Why so mad? I never called the M'Lady Max unreliable, I just called it a bad device

Faster in benchmarks maybe, but it stutters constantly and reloads app way more than a 700 euros device should.

I'm talking about side by side comparisons. Just look them up on youtube. The Exynos even has better memory management compared to SD820 devices, as during the second run the apps retain their state while they reload on the 820.

Reminder human eye can't see past 300 ppi.

Nigga I don't need to watch YouTube videos, I'm holding an S7 in my hand right now and I'm telling you it runs worse than most of the phones I've owned until now.

Works for my S7E. Stop installing viruses :^)

Quick question: MIUI or CyanogenMod for Moto e 2014?

>However, people (or the web) scored better efficience on LeMax battery than on Xiamo being 3mAh.

??? Source? that doesn't sound right. see pic related. Xiaomi phones have really good battery life on the Redmi series.

I can

lolwut cm all the way

I thought there was a MIUI for Moto E, am I confusing it with something else?

Ok, I did read it wrong, but at least I got the link I used back. This is what I saw.

>kimovil.com/en/compare/leeco-letv-le-max-pro-x910-4gb-32gb,xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro,xiaomi-redmi-pro

>4.5" - 5.5" screen
>expandable storage
>removable battery
>snapdragon processor
>2+ gb ram

anything fit this around $200?

5.5" is better handle for most people than 5.7".
QuadHD screen on 5.7" also takes lots of battery.
It's faster overall but the Redmi has much more development. Mi5 is also great with SD820. 4GB RAM etc. and I think it's $270 at the moment.

Redmi Pro is mediakek so automatically garbage.

Wrong again, right link

>kimovil.com/en/compare/leeco-letv-le-max-pro-x910-4gb-32gb,xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro,xiaomi-redmi-note-4-3gb-32gb

LG G3 or G4 on eBay but your'e risking bootloops and the battery sucks balls.

ZUK = Lenovo
Just that you know. Its not a no-name company.

Same thing about the RN4 with mediatek. power hungry, shit ARM Mali GPU, no development or CM13 etc. maybe RN4P will have SD SoC (Xiaomi can't sell mediatek phones in India).

>in China

McDonald's is one of the largest restaurants in America. That's how you know the food they serve is a high quality product.

~5.2"

~140mm

SDCard Slot (or 128g internal)

Good Performance

1080p

MetroPCS

Any Price

>Tfw there isn't a perfect phone yet

I got you senpai
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-zuk-z2-pro

5.2"
145 mm
6 GB RAM
128 GB ROM
~$400

And as the user before me said Zuk=Lenovo.

It's like 100 dollars more?

If I was willing to go over 140mm I'd be debating myself between the HTC10 and S7. Anyhow, thanks for trying.

What's the best phone for 100 dollars? my shitty samsung galaxy broke and I just want one that's good enough since they're all the same shit anyways.

amazon.com/dp/B01H2E0KVA

2/16 version without the ads.

Since I'm new to this I just wanted to ask a few questions.

If I'm looking for a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 on Aliexpress for example is there anything specific I should look out for if I want it to work on my carrier (EE)? I'm not sure if I'm meant to look for a,

>Unlocked
>SIM Ready

Is it worth buying the Note 3 Pro Prime or sticking with the Note 3.

My simcard is verizon so I can't get that one, also why the heck would anyone get the one with ads?

Yes get the Pro with SD650 and 3gb RAM. check willmyphonework.net for carrier compatibility.

You get a $50 discount with Amazon Prime. no idea about other cheap phone that work on Verizon. Moto G4 play maybe? some user was shilling it the last couple of threads.

Sweet thanks for the help.

Is that snapdragon 810 really that bad?

I just researched a little more, and the only downside I see to the LeMax is the battery.

Am I wrong? I mean, I could bear the "little" batttery.

anyone else tried this? nxrom.us/redminote3pro.html

CM doesn't support the Kate version so this one looks pretty cool.

thoughts on the lepro le cuck fuckboi?

i bought it but i can't get past the chinese lockscreen of two chinks fucking one another in the ass. how do i unlock this phone?

help?!?

>still shilling

at least you didn't buy an iphone welcome to the cool kids club on Cred Forums SPG!!

No headphone jack as well. I'm also not familiar with their OS skin and how easy/not easy it is to root or flash CM13 on it. also they are launching new model tomorrow with crazier specs, so maybe the old version will get a price cut.

gsmarena.com/leeco_le_max_2-review-1449.php

Here's gsmarena review of it, cbb to read it right now but you might wanna check it out.

Haha ebin! upvoted gentlesir!1!

No SD slot either.

LeEco will launch tomorrow a new model? Can I have a link please?

>I'm also not familiar with their OS skin and how easy/not easy it is to root or flash CM13 on it.
I took a look and seems easy as hell, like Xiaomi, that's what I liked of it.

>No Jack No SD slot
The SD is not an issue, and the jack will be if they don't ship it with and adapter, but I can't check if I they do or not, I though they do, but I can't find link,

Is there a way to recover a soft-bricked device with a locked bootloader?

gizmochina.com/2016/09/11/leeco-september-21-launch-le-pro-3-sd-821-chip-6gb-ram/

It's already morning in China I assume it will launch officially in a few H.

Never seen anyone mention Gigaset before. Is an unknown phone bad?

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-gigaset-me

>Snapdragon 810
>$200
no.

yes

How? Every solution I googled involves flashing, which fails due to the locked bootloader.

I will try to follow the advances on this model, thanks for the info user.

Are we supposed to guess which phone your'e talking about?

It's for VR google cardboard or whatever headset you prefer. Trust me, VR porn is amazing

D6603. All I have access to is fastboot.

Alright, a question that may lead into purchase advice.

U.S. Straight Talk (AT&T sim)

I keep looking at the Redmi Note 3 Pro, but it feels quite dense to judge whether that phone will work on my carrier. Having trouble parsing the info, there's overlap on which bands my carrier uses and the phone supports...but not all etcetc.

So yeah, Note 3 Pro range of budget, U.S., Straight Talk on AT&T towers. Any suggestions?

Moto G4 Plus.

Can someone explain this to me? The OnePlus 3 is only $399. How the fuck is this possible?
>phonearena.com/phones/benchmarks

how much of a cuck move would it be to buy a sony xperia z5 compact? how shit is sony in the mobile market?

By being cheaper in other areas.

The display is cheap as fuck.

telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/08/08/bug-leaves-900-million-android-devices-vulnerable-to-attack/

How good is the quality of the sound when playing flac ape ogg on the Axon 7 when compared to a note 4? I'm listening thorough my sennheisers

I live in the US.

What problems might I face buying an international phone?

No problem. A lot of people help me here so glad to help others.

It's really a toss up for me. I could ask my friend to grab me the 5x for p much half of what I paid for my OP3 for, but with Canadian conversion + the heatdragon on the 5x... it's a deal breaker. Sometimes playing music and using Maps makes the phone unbearable.
It's really dependent on your use.

let's see
>Cred Forums shills redmeme to american customers
>cheap, good specs
>receive phone
>hours on hours of code waiting, rooting, rom configuration, wifi / 3g problems, no 4g in some areas, phone breaks from mechanical breakdowns

Never chinkphone dude. It is not worth it.

(You)

leddit your device issues

the mirror angle just confirms her retardation.

look above

in every Cred Forums thread desu

praise the chink

You US? Go Project Fi then Cancel. $200 I believe. Look here

>If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country
United States
>what carrier you will be using
T-Mobile
>wanted features
- 13MP (minimum) camera with great features
- long battery life
- 3+ gigs of ram
- 1440k screen
>budget
$230
>size
5 inches

Whats your provider?

Honor 5X?

It seems to have really good reviews. I'm considering it because of the price.
What is a better phone for $193.90?

Any suggestions for a cheap phone that will run the HorribleSubs 720p encode smoothly?

Look up the latest Moto G4 or G4 Play if you want under 200 bucks

Is Samsung S7 still good enough? What's the difference with S7 and S7 Edge?

The Honor 5x has 3 gigs of ram, the Moto G4 has 2 gigs of ram.

Is G4 Play good enough for anime?

Dear Cred Forums, minutes ago a random fuck jumped out of a taxi, pointed a gun at my face and stole my phone. What do I do next? I already requested Google to reset my phone, blocked Facebook and requested Whatsapp to block my account, however I'm still scared.

install gentoo

(You)

I just got mine, its not bad at all. Just make sure you get a new launcher, EMUI is hideous.

oh and one more thing, get a case for it for sure. back of it scratches extremely easy and it comes with a shitty screen protector already attached that makes the screen look dark

There's a 4 gig version of the G4 if you're so inclined

>need new phone, half of texts I receive show up as squares
>stuck on Verizon family plan, go to store
>no HTC 10 in stock
>sales rep: "desu, we're not going to get any more in stock, you'll have to order online"

Should I order HTC 10 online or get 6S which is inferior and has small battery? My iPhone 5 broke and it became a slow POS with Apple's updates.
And just my luck that I actually got a grill's # for the first time in my life and I can't even text her back. WTF

>get robbed and gunpoint
>gotta tell Cred Forums about this

>Snapdragon 617

That processor will never use 4 gigs and you know it.

Did you have your Credit/Debit card info stored in ANY App?
It's better off to go to the bank and close said account.

I'm asking advice on what to do regarding any sensible information containing it. I don't care about the phone anymore, I just want to prevent whoever stole it/buys it access it

No, I never access my banking accounts from a cellphone. However I think I had some word documents from school with my information. Do you know if the sd card contents are deleted when you ask for the phone to be wiped from the android device manager?

Hey Cred Forums I'm looking for a new smartphone
My oneplus one has about a year of lifetime left.

Considering that all cellphones are just glass slabs nowadays, I want specifically
>large removable battery
>wifi calling and texting
>Huge ass screen, around 5.7-6.5"

obviously there are some other features that would be nice like headphone jack on bottom, USB C, decent cameras, water resistance, good software, etc, but they're not that important to me

Any help?

Really sounds like you have a software issue, but you just want an excuse for new hardware, then buy a second hand unlocked HTC 10 on ebay for like half the price of a new one. Problem solved.

>What do I do next
Buy a pistol you liberal cuck

Nokia 216
youtube.com/watch?v=AsKCq1rwG8c
(Yes, this is 2016 and not 2007)

>looks obsolete from the get go
>physical buttons
>inconvenient

Reminds me of your clumpy Thinkpads and complicated operating systems, so I'm guessing this is the next Cred Forums phone? What does Cred Forums think?

LG V10/V20 has everything you're looking for, other than water resistance and USB-C.

The screen is huge, it has a removable battery, wifi calling/texting (is this not a software thing?), the camera is fantastic, and the LG software honestly isn't bad.

You can get an unlocked v10 for $300 at Best Buy right now.

If you don't have a blackberry passport you're wrong

i hope i'm never right

I left out a few details to keep it shorter but basically I've been using an LG Cosmos 1 for a month now because my iPhone 5 fell out of a bike mount and was FUBAR.
I've already looked up the issue but there's jack shit I can do, smartphones use special characters that my basic phone can't interpret. I reset it, updated it, and nothing.
I need new hardware. I guess I'll just order off Verizon online. I don't want to deal with second hand bullshit, but thanks.

> Phone made specifically for poo in loo's
> Sitar music in the advertisement

LOL

That's racist. Stop breaking the rules.

motherfucker made me kek

>$30
sure why not I'll buy 20

I'll be buying this

any on the market bar style phones right now for dirt cheap prices?

once's enough to call your mom once a month, user

What's the hands down best smartphone out or about to come out right now? I have no limit on money and want something that won't shit out on me in a year. I'm leaning towards the LG V20 right now due to its removable battery.

>headphone jack

whoa

What is the best 600 series snapdragon ?

Thanks babe

I honestly would do this if any of my national carriers had prepaid sims that didn't run out.
Just stash a few at home/in the car/etc and if I ever need a phone in an emergency I have one.
Right now I have a $10 chink phone at home set up to use Whatsapp over WiFi, but I'd prefer actual reception.

What happened? Banggood's fault?

Can Nokia feature phones be modified/custom built? If I can write my own featurephone apps I'd gladly exchange my shit Nexus 6 for this

So with Xiaomi kicking so much ass recently, who here hype for Mi Note 2?

>5.7in 3840x2160 amoled
>snapdragon 821
>up to 8gb RAM, 256gb storage
>ships with Nougat
>still probably shitty night camera but dual lens
>3600mah battery

Might upgrade my RN3P just for the amoled

>18 hours talk time, up to 24 days standby time
>18 hours
>24 days

I lose 10% bettery just opening any modern webpage as my phone is blasted with so much cancer and aids in the form of autoplay videos, gigantic images, ridiculous fonts and javascript animation bullshit.

you do know the Internet is literally a botnet right?

>Fingerprint scanner on front.
Dropped.

(((fingerprint scanner)))

why do you even want this

Quick unlocks breh.
It's convenient.

Plus, my fingerprints don't mean shit if Google/China thinks my name Chad Fucksworth.

They are building Open Auth type shit now for websites so you can use your fingerprint to log in wherever (Gmail, Facebook ect).

Of course this means gigantic centralized db of fingerprints and likely selling off your biometrics to the highest bidder but w/e

Ah, the all encompassing they people.

>4k
Into the trash it goes

Wrong. 625 is up to 2.0 GHz and 652 is only up to 1.8 GHz. Also, 652 uses X8 LTE, but 625 uses X9 LTE.

I don't use Facebook.
I have my own email server.
Everything I actually do is obfuscated as much as possible from data resellers.

So if they have my Biometrics, they'll only be for Chad Fucksworth, born in Reykjavik in the late 1800's to a lesbian coven.

what's wrong with 4k?

youtube.com/watch?v=vILAlhwUgIU

Actually, they are going towards face prints and facial recognition.

youtube.com/watch?v=meRSKCSod-A

No, the 625 is not faster just because it has a faster clock speed. 625 has 8 A53, whereas 652 has 4 A72 and 4 A53. The 652 also has an Adreno 510 GPU, whereas 625 has a 506.

Its going to chew up the battery and hurt performance

>muh hurtz

> 625 has 8 A53, whereas 652 has 4 A72 and 4 A53. The 652 also has an Adreno 510 GPU, whereas 625 has a 506.

That's a cool story and all, but it's also completely irrelevant.

I'm sorry for your retardation

625 = X9 LTE = 150 Mbps up
652 = X8 LTE = 100 Mbps up

> 50Mbps faster maximum upload speed on LTE > faster CPU + GPU
k

The original question was, "What is the best 600 series snapdragon?" not "Which 600 series snapdragon has the better irrelevant specs?" The difference between the amount of work the 652 is able to per clock tic more than the 625 is minuscule and is compensated by the high clock speed of the 625. The specs you mention don't improve the overall performance.

The 625 is a better chip.

When and what will be the first X30/X35 phone?

A few years ago they could, but I doubt there's anyone developing for the current Nokia's
>The difference between the amount of work the 652 is able to per clock tic more than the 625 is minuscule and is compensated by the high clock speed of the 625
It's not, a single 1.8 Ghz A72 rapes four 2 Ghz A53's

>The difference between the amount of work the 652 is able to per clock tic more than the 625 is minuscule and is compensated by the high clock speed of the 625
This is not true at all. Do you even realize the huge difference between an A72 core and A53 core? A72 cores are literally over double the performance of A53 cores.

The difference is nowhere near "minuscule"

>1.8 Ghz A72 rapes four 2 Ghz A53's
>rapes

>the huge difference between an A72 core and A53 core?
Is the difference about the same size as your tendency to exaggerate?

Yes it is.

>1.8 Ghz A72 rapes four 2 Ghz A53's

You're specs aren't correct. The Snapdraggon 652 doesn't have that.

I guess if you don't consider over 2 times the performance

It doesn't have over 2 times the performance.

Doesn't have what?

A72s literally do have over 2 times the performance per clock of A53s

just purchased the Blu Life XL LTE for 130 from amazon, cheapest Blu with a qualcomm, the rest had mandarinkek cpu's

Best phone with a 4.7" screen?

Right. but the 652 only has four A72s (not 8) and 652 has four A52s, which are slowed down by the A72's to 1.4 ghz (the A52s are 2 ghz without the A72s hobbling them). Also, the A53 cores in the 652 get the workload priority and the A72s are only kicked in once the A53s start to struggle (like in a benchmark test that looks good on paper, but rarely happens in the real world). At best, the A72s offer a 25% bump in real world use, but only if you open 15 apps and keep them running.

And that 20% bump is compensated for by the higher clock speed of the 625, which has superior upload speeds over LTE networks.

What makes it worthy when you can get a Moto G4 for another 20 bucks?

Looking to upgrade from my 2nd generation Moto G
>Unlocked
>5"+ Screen
>microSD
>Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope
>Compatible with AT&T network inc. LTE
>Under $300

pretty cuck move considering you can buy z3c for almost half a price.
z3c is also the sexiest looking android

I am looking to upgrade to an Android from an iPhone 5.
Budget: $250 (USD)
Country & Carrier: USA, T-Mobile
Size: Minimum (old phone size) - 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm (4.87 x 2.31 x 0.30 in)
Maximum - 150mm height

>"Good" display
>Water and dust resistance
>Expandable storage
>Can last at least 1.5 days (I don't play games, so this should be easy to tick off)

Some features that I'd like but aren't deal breakers if a given phone does not have them:
>Fingerprint sensor
>Any fast charging solution
>Front-facing stereo speakers (I don't make calls often and I typically listen to videos/songs through headphones)

I've been looking at the Xperia Z2 and Z3 (I doubt that I would overheat either of these phones since I don't use cameras much/game), but if you have better alternatives, please suggest them.

>be rich af
>buy 100k cheap shit nokia phones
>build a house with them
>set their alarms to go off at the same time
>boom

don't care until they use dickpix for login

>hol up bro i got to text this bitch what you mean why the fuck i got my d out i got that dongwang 69s it needs to look at my set to unlock get on that shit nigga

Is the Freetel Musashi actually any good, or is it a memephone with dated hardware, only good for the novelty factor?

moto g4 plus

z5

What's a good Android tablet for mom?

Is Mi Pad 2 still good?

Does anyone here know the meaning of the first icon?

1gb ram is not enough in 2016. it's a cool novelty phone, but I don't have $300+ to spend on something "novelty".

phone is in portrait mode (won't auto rotate)

vibrate only

wait nvm, it's

vibration-only. No sound.

rofl

Snapdragon 65x absolutely shits all over 625. You need to realize they're named that way for a reason. A72 cores at 1.8ghz are basically equal to A53 cores at 3ghz. It's a complete fucking night and day difference between the devices because of this. Nevermind the SD652, I'm sure the SD650 with only 2x A72 cores is faster.

Single threaded performance on the A72 cores makes a SD650 feel much faster than a SD810 even though they benchmark about the same overall.

SEVEN DAYS

Guys, I have a Nexus4 since launch and it doesn't want to die. I just want to buy a new phone that will last me a few years. I was thinking of these brands:
- One plus one
- New Nexus/Pixel
- Xiaomi
- newest? Huawei
Any other suggestions? fyi Poland,Play, medium budget.

>buy axon 7
>open it up, run it
>looks good, seems to perform well
>go to root it
>it doesn't let me modify the contents of the microsd
>"weird, but alright."
>take out microsd, load files onto it with usb to microsd adapter
>reboot phone into recovery
>it can't mount the microsd
>reboot to system
>stock file manager gives me microsd access
>reboot to recovery
>"unable to mount sdcard."
>"alright you fucks fine"
>reboot
>adb sideload
>it can't read the fucking .zips
did i do this to myself?

botnet activated sending your activity to Google

can Cred Forums give me a recommendation?

Display: around 5 inches (with Gorilla Glass)
Resolution: 720x1280 (300ppi)
Cam: 10 MPx or more
Ram: 2 GB or more
quadcore Snapdragon 600 or more

advice appreciated

RN3P if you don't live in US

Another guy here, I fully recognize this is a retarded question but anyways:

What is the meaning of the third icon: is it phone signal or 3G/4G? Or are both the same?

>this fucking guy again

So I dropped a monitor mount on my Mi3 and it was finally dead. What should I replace it with? EE in the UK.

Is the Redmi 4 coming out soon? It has everything I need < $200.

1080p, 2GB RAM, Gyro, Finger,

trying to unlock my bootloader on my redmi note 3 kate by following this guide :en.miui.com/thread-199580-1-1.html

but keep getting pic related. I've gotten the unlock request approved and logged into my mi account with ifind working.
Anybody know whats going on?

I've got one. Excellent build quality, fast fingerprint sensor, flash CyanogenOS on it and it's fast and smooth even with the SD801 chip. Supports a shitload of LTE bands. Really good audio output.

Only thing I didn't like is the big bezels, but that's a minor thing. Overall I highly recommend it.

I thought the Oukitel K10000 was a fucking meme.
I was proven wrong.
Only 1Ghz quadcore, but it feels just as responsive as my 'old' Moto G3.
Once I ran against a granite table with it. The marble table now has a nick, my pants got a hole, the K10K has a small scratch. Fucker could be used to hew stone.

Eh. Should be granite both, I'm not as awake as I thought.

Have a shitty car.

Need a new phone.

Money's not a huge issue, but I'd like to steer away from overpriced shit like iPhones and Samsplode.

I mainly use Firefox / Poweramp / Youtube / FF: Record Keeper

You didn't read the OP, did ya?
> wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

Never owned chinkshit before, and it looks like a hassle.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro does looks pretty damn good though..

the software is shit

The Moto G line has always been a good budget series. I owned a G 3 and did quite enjoy it, the G 4 looks even better.

is there any website or guide about SAR rating?

I have a hard time trusting Motorola since my last one was bricked because an Android update fucked up the phone and I can only get 2G. Still no fix in sigfht.

So these Redmi phones that all come with EMUI, does that mean you have to use it? I don't want to root, is there an official but other UI?

>fall for the redmi note 3 pro meme
>stops charging after two weeks
>email xiaomi support
>'we will contact you in 24 working hours'
>nothing three days later

It's a nice paperweight at the moment. Back on my samshit galaxy core prime.

Redmi comes with MIUI

EMUI is Huawei's skin

Both are very similar, not a big fan but nova or google now launcher + a material theme + next lock screen it looks stunning

For xiami you probably have a ton of roms. For Huawei you're stuck with EMUI, but with the modifications I mentionned it's fine

here, just ordered a 100 bucks Chuwi hi8 pro tablet for 100 bucks, it is dualboot Windows 10 and android 5. Can't wait!

Those specs look great honestly.

cn.lemall.com/cn/phone/lepro3.html

I have the 12" model with detachable keyboard. It's bretty gud. The Intel soc sucks balls for android though.

You call this big bezels?

Are there any non chink phone manufacturers that don't fuck your warranty when you root?

Pretty much any warranty is void when you root.

At least with Sony when I fuck something up I just back up everything, reflash stock ROM, relock bootloader and noone's the wiser.

it's basic phone signal, no data.
data cuts out when you're on WiFi (or it's supposed to, see mobile radio active bug).

Okay, but I have a 4g icon always displaying on top of it (even if mobile data is disabled) If I switch to 3G, the icon changes and is more full than on 4G: that led me to think there is a link between phone signal and data.

Is oneplus the only chink company that isn't shit with support and doesn't mind bootloader unlocking and rooting? Thinking of getting the oneplus 2 if I can't fix my rn3p.

This is the most retarded thing I've heard in a long time. literally off yourself you fucking idiot.

OP2 is devoid of dev support and OP has pretty much abandoned it. Get the OP3 if you can, it's only a bit more.

What about the display?

People here say it's shit, it it true?

What about the display of the OP3?

People here say it's shit, it it true?

>He spent hundreds of dollars on a flagship with a shitty battery when he could have bought the Redmi Note 3 Pro

Just fucking kill yourself

I have the OP3. I'd say it's the only downside. The regular screen mode is pretty saturated and whites are a bit blue, and on sRGB the colors are great but whites are a very tiny bit yellow. Anandtech has praised the display for color accuracy, it's still one of the best calibrated displays out there.

As for pixel density, you can see the pixel layout if you look close, even on solid colors, but it isn't noticeable at normal viewing distance. The true pixel density is pretty much that of an iPhone.

Tl;dr: the display is "fine". Just "fine". Not 2016 flagship tier by all means but it's very usable if your autism allows it. Still a much better screen than the horrid uncalibrated shit you get on the OP2, so keep that in mind.

Bump limit
New:

Sh-show me more roman defeated/slave raping pls.

OktThanks, yeah my autism can handle a just fine display, no big deal.

Seems a batch of these have the same problems. I may wait a week or two longer to buy mine