profile=opengl-hq
cscale=ewa_lanczos
scale=ewa_lanczossharp

>insane scaling preset:
gist.github.com/igv/a015fc885d5c22e6891820ad89555637
github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/tree/master
profile=opengl-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
opengl-shaders="~~/shaders/CrossBilateral.glsl,~~/shaders/nnedi3-nns64-win8x4.hook"

Other urls found in this thread:

imouto.my/download/lav-filters-megamix-x64/
imouto.my/download/lav-filters-megamix-32-bit/
forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259188&pid=2238974#pid2238974
imagemagick.org/Usage/filter/nicolas/
mpv.srsfckn.biz/
forum.madshi.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28273
avisynth.nl/index.php/Nnedi3
mpv.io/installation/
bugs.madshi.net/view_all_bug_page.php?project_id=4&dummy=bla/
github.com/RobertGawron/supper-resolution
gist.github.com/igv/2364ffa6e81540f29cb7ab4c9bc05b6b
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NVIDIA-HDR-Linux-Lacking
github.com/rossy/mpv-install
mpv.srsfckn.biz
gist.github.com/avih
a.pomf.cat/twcjmo.lua
hastebin.com/ehihuguhoc.vbs
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/DOCS/man/vo.rst
mpv.io/manual/master/#opengl-renderer-options
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-sub-use-margins
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/3565
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/video/out/filter_kernels.c#L374
insights.ubuntu.com/2016/09/19/low-graphics-mode-in-unity-7/
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-video-unscaled
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/3572
github.com/haasn/mpv/commits/vulkan
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mpv in GNOME Wayland doesn't have a titlebar
Yes, I'm ready to blame GNOME again. (gnome-mpv just segfaults in Wayland)

GNOME... So disgusting...

I actually happen to really like GNOME Shell. It looks nice, has a really fun and flowing workflow, and dynamic workspaces make window management 2ez

>dynamic workspaces
What do you mean? Why are they more useful than mate or KDE ones?

he's referring to how gnome always has one extra/unused workspace, and when you place something on it, a new empty one is created

You can drag windows in the overview to the one constant empty workspace and just create a new one. The overview really makes it work, workspaces are a pain in the ass in every other environment I've used except for dwm, which uses tags.

Why not just have 10 workspaces and be done with it? I've never ran out..

That's not as "fun", probably.

Why not just using the Lav Megamix installer?
Except for people that use Linux and OSX for watching their videos.
imouto.my/download/lav-filters-megamix-x64/
imouto.my/download/lav-filters-megamix-32-bit/

Everything is preconfigured and you can choose a preset based on your GPU performance, I think it's just the best solution for winbabies but also for advanced users. I kinda dislike the bundled anime backgrounds.

Is it planned?

mpv doesn't commit meme features

It's the worst option, that fuck has no idea about what he's doing
If you're a wincunt and don't care about placebo scaling plain MPC-HC is perfect, if you care about it because anons mock you then it still is perfect, you won't notice the difference
If you want madVR just install and configure madVR, it's not hard

>forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259188&pid=2238974#pid2238974
>scale in sigmoidal light(not recommendedwhen image upscaling)
Is it correct? Why?

>Is it correct? Why?
It's not, he's confusing it with linear light, see
>On the other hand, I do not recommend upsampling (enlarging) through linear light. That is: You generally should not use standard linear light Colorspace Correction when enlarging images, at least when using filters with significant negative lobes (any filter that introduces haloing, which means most of them). Compare the RGB and XYZ (linear light) enlargements to the sRGB (not color corrected) and sigmoidized (custom color corrected) enlargements shown in the Enlarge with sRGB, RGB, LAB, LUV, XYZ, sigmoidal...? ImageMagick Forum thread. The linear light enlargements (RGB and XYZ) are almost always significantly worse. The sigmoidized elargements generally look best, although enlargements through Lab are sometimes even better. Enlargements through linear light often look so bad that you are better off ignoring color space issues and filtering sRGB pixel values directly (using commands like the above).
imagemagick.org/Usage/filter/nicolas/

>It's the worst option.
Why exactly? Do you have proof of what you say?

>cross bilateral
what does this do and why do I need it?

Whenever I've used mpv on Linux it has really bad screen tearing. Don't I have to set this shit up with a playback configuration? Would that help?

Your drivers are probably borked, what GPU?

actually wonder why they haven't add it this yet, guess they expect people to make lua scripts for it

Is there any chance that mpv.srsfckn.biz/ will do nightly's eventually?

why shall I use this and not mpc-hc?

Do whatever you want.

but I do want to know the difference/advantages

No, compile it yourself

Who are you?

>what does this do and why do I need it?
It's a selective blur filter. Lets you blur an image while preserving the countours of another image. It can be used to prevent color bleeding when smoothing out the chroma plane

As for whether you need it, that's mostly subjective - but the general consensus is that differences in chroma scaling are basically impossible to see during playback, except for some rare worst case scenarios.

Then do the research and educate yourself?

how do i watch videos through mpv on windows?

Really?

not possible, mpv can't play videos

how do I remove window chrome around mpv under linux? I have no use for it and want those pixels from the top back.

YouTube videos. My bad.

just have youtube-dl available (either in PATH or in the same folder as mpv.exe)
???
that's it, now mpv will open youtube urls

toggle it from your WM

Thanks Familia

What version number was it where they changed from "vo" to "profile"?

no-border?

THANKS user! Works perfectly. I also installed stats lua script so now I get stats. mpv is now near perfect for me!

Why is baka mplayer bad again?

because you touch yourself at night

>nnedi3 shit
>using deinterlacer for upscaling
Seems like OP is some faggot from doom9.

Also default settings of this shader are shit
Want it to be some how useful, replace both of this lines
//!WHEN HOOKED.h 2 * OUTPUT.h / 1.600000 <
//!WHEN HOOKED.w 2 * OUTPUT.w / 1.600000 <

with

//!WHEN HOOKED.w 2 * OUTPUT.w / 1.000001

What does it do? And why defaults are that shit?

nnedi will be only applied to video that is 2x or more smaller than your display size, so there won't be downscaling.

Is downscaling that bad?
I thought it was normal, just like madVR supersampling.

When will they do a win build of mpc-qt?

It seems that madshi is working on another project!
forum.madshi.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28273

MadVR users on suicide watch.

What is in percentage the status of the vulkan renderer?
Is it more like 1% or 0.0000001%?

nnedi3 is an edge-directed interpolator that happens to be good at interpolation

avisynth.nl/index.php/Nnedi3
>nnedi3 is an intra-field only deinterlacer.

nnedi3 - neural network deinterlacer 3

also
>good

I just upgraded to macOS Sierra and now my mpv doesn't recognize San Francisco as my font

How do I fix?

>mpc-hc not updated in a year
>madshi moved on from madvr
so it's all dead now?

I really miss the bitbucket builds, why did he have to listen to a couple of retards on here

The sourceforge build has a better updater!
mpv.io/installation/

Naaaaaah they are robust and don't want to die.

What's the difference?

Ask it to madshi!
[email protected]

Update mpv and youtube-dl, plus code quality.

>bugs.madshi.net/view_all_bug_page.php?project_id=4&dummy=bla/
All these red entries...
Why doesn't he answer them?

Any mpv goodies available?

>github.com/RobertGawron/supper-resolution
Why this doesn't work? :(

>update youtube-dl
no it does not, and no it's not better

Did you even try it?

How come mpv doesn't have a record button like vlc and or other players?

it dropped the mencoder codebase to focus on playback

vlc only does playback on the side

Which tscale do people prefer to use on here? I'm having a hard time deciding if I hate low framerate pans with oversample or blur with mitchell more.

>spending time and effort in tweaking something which ideally shouldn't be used at all

it's like spending money on improving a vinyl setup

Ideally all video would be 60fps at least yeah, but that's not really feasible to expect.

It doesn't even come with youtube-dl

Yeah. Need to run the updater and it will grab latest youtube-dl

gist.github.com/igv/2364ffa6e81540f29cb7ab4c9bc05b6b

that's not what i'm referring to

It does for me, though I still prefer the bit-bucket builds, they are long gone now I guess.

update.bat
@echo OFF
:: Go to the .bat directory
cd %~dp0
:: expand searching for 'updater.ps1' file in same folder as mpv.exe too
if exist "%~dp0\installer\updater.ps1" (
set updater_script="%~dp0\installer\updater.ps1"
) else (
set updater_script="%~dp0\updater.ps1"
)
powershell -noexit -executionpolicy bypass -File %updater_script%
>Windows builds by shinchiro sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files
I wonder how many people are going to get confuse as to which to pick now
tscale=oversample
Maybe try messing with the interpolation threshold?

Then what are you referring to? Obviously not judder, because both pretty much fix that. And not using a 24 Hz compatible refresh rate, for the same reason.
>tscale=oversample
>Maybe try messing with the interpolation threshold?
I want it enabled for all of my anime though, which is all the same framerate, so messing with that would just be the same as enabling/disabling interpolation.

>sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/
>last update/build 2016-09-18

Is there really no other way to get WIndows nightlies than building it yourself now?

>I want it enabled for all of my anime though, which is all the same framerate, so messing with that would just be the same as enabling/disabling interpolation.
I don't quite get it, you want a tscale but you don't want interpolation, you do realize tscale only works if interpolation is enabled?
I don't understand sourceforge it says that the last time it was update, it was 3 days ago, but the files say that it has only being there for 1 day.
Maybe I am missing something

>I don't quite get it, you want a tscale but you don't want interpolation
No, I want interpolation and tscale. I just wanted to know what tscale people prefer here.
In response to your specific post I said that I am not going to mess with the threshold, because all that could do for me is basically disable interpolation for certain videos, which isn't something that I want.

>Maybe I am missing something
I noticed that too but the archive date matches the "modified" date in the downloads so I can only assume that the "activity" timeline on main page is buggy because when you click "See All Activities" it shows it as two days ago, which depending on timezone could be correct and closer matches the archive date.

I said "try" it, as in do your own testing with both movies/animes/tvshows whatever you want.

I see majority of people use oversample, try using linear?

I don't know family, just mess around with the settings until you get what you want.
Shift+ESC run mpv ${path}; quit_watch_later #restart the player with the same file
#Useful for whenever you are editing your .conf files

>I said "try" it, as in do your own testing with both movies/animes/tvshows whatever you want.
Why would I try it? I can get the same effect by just disabling interpolation, which I already know I don't want.

>I don't know family, just mess around with the settings until you get what you want.
Well I did. And the only conclusion I got was that I like how oversample is sharper, but I also like how mitchell's pans are smoother. There isn't a tscale that does both.
So I just wanted to know what people use here. Based on their opinions I might swing towards one scale or the other, because right now I can't decide.

Linear looks almost the same to mitchell to me. Though apparently there are some edge cases where linear would have the same smoothness as oversample but with significantly more blur. I think it's really more a decision between oversample or mitchell.

Is there a difference between opengl-shaders="~~/shaders/CrossBilateral.glsl,~~/shaders/nnedi3-nns64-win8x4.hook" and opengl-shaders="~~/shaders/nnedi3-nns64-win8x4.hook"

opengl-shaders="~~/shaders/CrossBilateral.glsl"?
As the latter runs much better than the former

>Is there a difference between
Yes.

Unless you put them on the same line as a proper setting the latter option-setting will overwrite any previous of that setting in the file. So your second one that runs better is because it is only using running CrossBilateral.glsl.

Likewise, if you add say hwdec=d3d11va on line one of your config and hwdec=dxva2 on the last line you will see mpv use dxva2 because it overwrites anything previous.

Ideally mpv config would use like what you see in zsh and powershell with path+= so you could deconstruct long lines of clusterfuck up in to one per line per item.

you can now make a keybinding to toggle osc on and off! very cool!

It's the best option for non freetards and animefags.
The presets are less retarded than the OP ones and run perfectly with the announced GPUs.
However it seems that mpc-hc and potplayer doesn't work with youtube-dl.

*don't work

>Actually suggesting something to windows users
What do you think you're doing? Don't pander to the garbage.

>Powershell
Disgusting

Have you tried tscale=sinc?

What's up with the windows taskbar being on top of fullscreen mpv?

Linux fags will jizz in their pants!
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NVIDIA-HDR-Linux-Lacking

Isn't sinc a bloated jinc?

>Isn't sinc a bloated jinc?
Do you even have the slightest idea about math?

I just did. It looks neat, but I don't think I'd want to watch anything with continuous afterimages really.

0.00000%

mpv has built-in transcoding functionality

See the --output option

Still prefer mitchell? There's also catmull_rom which is almost identical to mitchell I think

Sinc looks like horseshit man, yes I prefer mitchell to it. I've tried catmull_rom, but I honestly can't tell the difference, so I just stick with mitchell because other people said it performed better in edge case, namely scrolling credits.

Well if you want the perfect tscale for credits there's bicubic

It's not though, I just want smooth pans and not too excessive blur. I just don't know how smooth, or how blurry I prefer. Not much blurrier than mitchell though.

I meant, it's not what I want though. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

No. As a categorical rule, anybody who uses “bloat” to define filters has no idea what they're talking about.

At least they're proposing scRGB, which is a reasonable way to mix sRGB and wide-gamut.

Why is GNU, every desktop environment and every display server so shit?

Because they care more about freedom than code quality

How do I minimize mpv window on windows? I hate how mpv take taskbar space on top.

it only minimizes with borders enabled because windows hates you

How do I make mpv default video player on windows 10? I got portable version and dragging and dropping every time is a chore.

how?

Use this: github.com/rossy/mpv-install

It's what the sourceforge build rips without attribution and uses to install. Follow the instructions and when you download new versions from mpv.srsfckn.biz just dump them in the folder and everything will continue to work, so put the folder out of the way where you want it to be kept.

I've installed mpv a few weeks ago and it worked fine on Debian 8.5 stable
My pc hasn't really changed but suddenly I get the error mpv: symbol lookup error: mpv: undefined symbol: FT_Outline_EmboldenXY when I start mpv

any idea how to fix this?

>wanting HDR
>ever

Recompile mpv.
That symbol belongs to FreeType and you probably updated that library, causing mpv to bork.

I did. Gave the same error.

Check FreeType version and open a bug on mpv's shithub then.

it's the latest version
I'll file a report

I installed it on Manjaro
and it's impossible to leave fullscreen after I enter it.
I tried ESC, F, clicking... nothing worked

What DE/WM?

KDE5

Seems to run alright if I turn off all my interpolation options, and switch the opengl-backend to angle and hwdec to d3d11va. Do the builds in the OP actually support angle? As when I switch it to dxinterop it drops frames. On Windows with an AMD card.

R9 Nano and Nitro Fury are going $290 right now.

My R9 280 can't (lots of drops/delays unwatchable video) do nnedi3 32/64/128 shader. What's the chance the NitroFury/Nano can nnedi3 shaders easy?

Actually, using neither runs fine too, so would that be better to do?

kde5 pls respond

It should be fine... with madVR!

Why do you want to use nnedi3?
It has only effect on SD and some 720p animes on 1080p or 2160p display.
SuperRes (SSSR) is probably better for what you want.

How do I play streams in mpv

mpv [copy paste link here]

Why does the adaptive-sharpen shader need profile=opengl-hq now?

does mpv have an equalizer?

gist.github.com/avih

You can't beat this setup for 4K projector:
- MPC-BE (Exclusive D3D Fullscreen)
- AssFilterMod
- LavFilters
- MadVR (Jinc AR/Deband/SuperRes)

at exactly the moment you stop being an anime fag

Can MPV play a video in reverse?

You don't even have color management in your setup much less even more important room correction EQ and phase correction, literally meme doom9 tier, even the AVSForum's retards would do better than you

i like how smooth bicubic is but when I try to watch something with fucking fast cuts it fucking ruins it.

Master Anno and his RETS CUT TO BRACK WITH KANJI EVERY 5 PICO SECONDS

>[ and ]
>Decrease/increase current playback speed by 10%.
how can I make it go by lower increments?

input.conf
the defaults are
[ multiply speed 0.9091
] multiply speed 1.1

thanks a lot

Wouldn't scene change detection fix this?

Is there a lua script for windows mpv that lets you easily trim videos based on markers?

There's no temporal component. Bicubic is just soft, and soft looks like mush in motion.

Genuinly asking a question here. Why does this warrant daily threads? Or a thread at all. from what I see, this is basically a tech support thread - but for only one piece of software. Please correct me if I am wrong. Not trying to be hostile.

So much bad feelings for both doom9 and avsforum!
Are you crazy?

The devs have nothing better to do than shill it on Cred Forums 24/7. If they didn't, they wouldn't even get the ~1000 downloads they get now.

do the devs actually post the threads?

Yup

No. The devs pretty much universally hate Cred Forums as it only attracts retards, with the exception of haasn, who occasionally posts in these threads

Are you really thinking they act like pure retards to attract more winfags?

>shilling open source software

I doubt it

Hi wm4

Microsoft is shillings open source software on its azure plaza.

>comparing mpv to microsoft

Why shilling foss > shilling freeware?

This thread depresses me so much.

What! Mpv is not available in the Windows Store!

A single dev posts every blue moon or so, none of the other devs have touched Cred Forums
Isn't that thing only for UWP stuff?

Not anymore, everything is accepted!

When I have 2 or more instances of mpc open the audio won't work in every instance after the original (unless I switch the audio renderer to something shitty). Does mpv do this too?

hownew.ru

Stop using WASAPI exclusive mode you fucking massive retard

I have no idea how that got enabled. [spoiler]Maybe the windows update[/spoiler]. Anyway I am retarded, thanks senpai.

Exclusive mode existing was a mistake

only exists for braindead retarded audiophiles

What? I can't hear you over this 128kbps MP3 playing in WASAPI exclusive mode.

Please explain

It's full of fags and retarded smart guys who express their shits on video rendering and licences.

Nevermind, figured it out. Had to slightly rewrite the slicing.lua script, but it works for Windows now.

Press t to place the starting marker, and t again to place the ending marker, and it'll make a trim of the current file appended with "[cut]" in the current directory.

a.pomf.cat/twcjmo.lua

Still sucks cock compared to KCP and MPC-HC lmoa

Windows user here.
Which one should I use with pretty old AMD card?

Odds you drivers will be terrible at OpenGL, so MPC-HC+madVR might do better than mpv
But you can just like try both and use whatever works best

How do I configure keyboard bindings for mpv for Mac?

>mid-end scaling preset:
>profile=opengl-hq
Since when did vo changed to profile?
and since when opengl-hq is mid-end?

Its the new option system.
The OP presets are based on GPU performance not on quality.

So the VO is still active?
vo=opengl-hq:no-deban:scale=spline16
Is this a good for low end GPU?

Any LUA master here?
hastebin.com/ehihuguhoc.vbs
Why isn't this working?

I don't think no-deban works?
The builds on mpv.srsfckn.biz don't yet use the new profile system.
For very low end you can just use hwdec=auto with vo=opengl.
If you're using the newer sourceforge builds you can use hwdec=auto and profile=opengl.
You don't even need to have a mpv.conf anymore unless you want to alter scalers and set up hardware decoding.

>You don't even need to have a mpv.conf anymore
That what happens when linux goes windows.

>Exclusive mode existing was a mistake
It's not enabled by default and it worked really well for surround sound with dedicated audio hardware.
I used to use
>ao=wasapi:exclusive
>audio-channels=auto
And get a great headphone experience when watching Dolby Atmos and the likes.

But nowadays I can't be bothered and it's all stereo for me.

How do you mean?

>I don't think no-deban works?
Sorry it's no-deband
I'm using the mpv-git 0.19 on linux, an no hwdec only swdecoder.
Is the profile a windows thing?

>mpv-git 0.19 on linux
MPV in community is 0.20.0-1.
I can't remember when they added profile, but later than 0.19 and it's a global thing, not a Windows thing. Typing mpv in the terminal will notify you of any incompatibilities anyway.

If you're looking for low end configs, then hwdec=vaapi for intel, hwdec=vdpau for nvidia, and vo=opengl will work well enough.

It means that when "Linux Software" goes like "Windows Software" it becomes more user friendly.

Which is bad. MPV should segfault without a config file with at least 3 settings inside.

It defaults to compatibility. Why is that a bad thing?

>more user friendly.
>
>Which is bad.
That's hilarious. It's not like a lot of resources or space is wasted on this.

>hwdec
As I said hwdecode is out.
Already using vo=opengl.
According to this github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/DOCS/man/vo.rst
profile=opengl-hq is the same as vo=opengl-hq.
Which is just opengl with highest options selected by default.

Where can I get a list of options for opengl arranged from low to high resources?

>wincucks
All this because you can't figure how to put a little file in folder and M$ can't decide if it should be called "local" or "roaming".

Familia idk what happened to my mpv, but now ever since playback for any file ends mpv doesn't close automatically as it would always do. it is a huge pain in the ass having to close the window manually every single time.

I tried with --keep-open=no in mpv.conf but it doesn't care for it. The command only works fine from the terminal.

Any idea pls?

In the config file you dont add the "--" so you just write "keep-open=no"

mpv.io/manual/master/#opengl-renderer-options
There are a lot of options, user.
Opengl-hq is opengl with:
>scale=spline36
>cscale=spline36
>dscale=mitchell
>dither-depth=auto
>correct-downscaling=yes
>sigmoid-upscaling=yes
>deband=yes

>You don't even need to have a mpv.conf anymore unless you want to alter scalers and set up hardware decoding.

Configs?
### Screenshots

screenshot-format=png
screenshot-template="%f-%p"
screenshot-directory=~~desktop/
screenshot-png-compression=9

### Looks

ass-hinting=normal
osd-font=Roboto
sub-text-font=Roboto
sub-auto=fuzzy
geometry=50%:50%
force-window=immediate
fs
no-border
no-audio-display

### Audio

ao=wasapi
audio-channels=stereo

### Video

hwdec=auto-copy
profile=opengl-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
dscale=ewa_lanczossharp
blend-subtitles=yes
opengl-pbo
opengl-backend=win

Had done so. Still not working.

So is this a proper low end config?
Or I just recreated opengl?
vo=opengl-hq:scale=lanczos:cscale=lanczos:dscale=lanczos:dither-depth=auto:deband=no

>You don't even need to have a mpv.conf anymore unless you want to alter scalers and set up hardware decoding.
Might as well use windows media player.

It's not a low end config, but sure.

> blend-subtitles=yes

It's a choice. I prefer it because 99% of the shit I watch is 16:9 anyway and uninterpolated subs are fucking terrible if they're moving. Not him, but just saying.

Any improvements?

>It's not a low end config
There is lower?
You mean bilinear?

>uninterpolated subs are fucking terrible if they're moving.
>if they are moving
explain further

Explain what? Subtitles can move, they don't need to be static. This isn't that uncommon in sub groups that aren't shit.
And seeing subs moving uninterpolated on top off interpolated video is shit because they're not in sync then.

Yes, bilinear is a very fast scaler. Then you're recreating vo=opengl, only with dither-depth=auto, correct-downscaling and sigmoid-upscaling.

>This isn't that uncommon in sub groups that aren't shit.
Yeah dude definitely, they are not uncommon or useless at all.

Exactly. Plenty of subs (in decent groups) subtitle in video text in ways that don't detract from the video, generally these texts move and so does the subs in that case. Obviously this does not apply in video where there isn't a lot of text and such, but I wouldn't really say those are valid examples.

your config doesn't even have interpolation enabled, second of all moving subtitles are retarded, third of all I was being sarcastic.

my last reply

So should I keep blend-subtitles=yes?
I thought it was used to keep the subtitles on the video instead of the black bars, so they're less distracting. I don't watch anime, I don't use interpolation.

I see then it would be better to simply run vo=opengl:scale=lanczos instead.
So the scalers are arranged like this ?
bilinear > lanczos > spline36 > ewa_lanczos > ewa_lanczossharp > oversample >linear ?
Or oversample and liner can only be used with interpolation?

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-sub-use-margins

>your config doesn't even have interpolation enabled
How do you know? I never posted my config. Pretty sure it's actually enabled mate.

>second of all moving subtitles are retarded
Why? I think subtitles that don't detract from immersion and whatnot are good. Better than having random subs at the top and not knowing what they're actually translating.

>third of all I was being sarcastic.
I had a feeling, but I don't engage in shit like that on messageboards. I just reply to what's said.
>I thought it was used to keep the subtitles on the video instead of the black bars
They also do that. People see that as a negative generally though. If you don't use interpolation then that's the only thing it does I think, but I think you should still enable interpolation just for judder (unless you have a 24Hz capable display, or 144Hz or whatever). Just use tscale=oversample if you don't like the blur other interpolations give.

>oversample and liner can only be used with interpolation?
It says so on the documentation aka the wannabe manual, so yes they can only be used with tscale by the way.
No, if you want or don't want subs on black bars refer to that manual link the guy posted.

>How do you know? I never posted my config
I was gonna make that my last reply, but I actually want to see your config, so please do.

I just set it to display-resample with oversample. I never liked those interpolation effects; not for the blur but in general. But maybe this oversample will be nice.

Else I'll just set it to --no-sub-use-margins then I guess.

>but I actually want to see your config
Why? I don't need feedback, and I prefer to not post it because it's a bit messy.

Why didn't anyone recommend scale=ewa_robidouxsharp?
It's better than spline36 and sometimes better than ewa_lanczos but less gpu intensive than ewa_lanczos!

I am so bored I am feeding your trolling, the least you can do is post your config, even if it's fake.
just stick with no-sub-use-margin=yes/no, and yes you can use it with interpolation enabled, don't bother with blend subs.
>scale=ewa_robidouxsharp
???

>I am so bored I am feeding your trolling
Why the fuck do you think I'm trolling? All my posts were 100% legitimate, and I see no reason to think otherwise. Shut the fuck up dick, not everybody uses mpv in your exact way.

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/3565
great feature request

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/video/out/filter_kernels.c#L374

Anyone?

I don't notice the oversample so much, but yeah, interpolation is not my thing.
I'm surprised by the video sync always finding something to change or alter.
The values like in pic related are pretty mild, but every video I tried has some kind of offset, consistently changing over the course of the video.
Is that normal, or is it my system, my MPV build, my drivers, my backend?

Does Low Graphics Mode in Unity 7 affect how smooth mpv plays video?

insights.ubuntu.com/2016/09/19/low-graphics-mode-in-unity-7/

The article does not say what it precisely does.
If you're concerned, try enabling the mode and check with stats.lua, like in the post above.
That can teach us all something.

without LowGfxMode

with LowGfxMode

(not much difference, if any, GPU is some Intel MHD shit)

Good. Then it seems like it's just Unity's form of
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface enable-animations false
Thanks for testing, user!

It's normal. Stuff is never perfect, vsyncs jitter, stuff desyncs, happens constantly.
As long as your jitter value is below 0.5 everything is okay. A value above would indicate some problem, often related to bad drivers.

All right. Thanks!
I was just trying out a 60fps video and the DS values were a lot lower, so I'm guessing the more you try to adapt the video to the screen, the more you have to wobble with the player.

ITT hipsters. Mpv is great and all but most of you fags use it because it has no GUI and you can feel special about yourselves.

Anyone? Tried keep-open=no and it won't work.

>dat projection

Do you feel special using it without a gui? Thats not why I use it.

Why would we feel special just because it doesn't have a gui? That's silly.

mpv creates a window and draws a video to it
what else do you need a video player to display?

you want a health bar? an objective marker? a minimap?

>bilinear > lanczos > spline36 > ewa_lanczos > ewa_lanczossharp > oversample >linear ?
what the actual shit am I reading

What you should be far more worried about is the fact that you're dropping frames like a madman

That was just because of skipping and when you pause the rendering slows down to save power or something.

try sticking it in the pseudo-gui profile?

Is there a way to to not have any scaling yet properly display anamorphic DVDs? video-unscaled doesn't do that.
I ask because I like to go full screen to watch videos against a completely black background, but I don't want to stretch the picture.

Damn why don't madshi, nevcairiel and zach kick all these retarded fosstards who are just fat belly autistic and poor fags.
Damn I hate these doom9 fags too now, they prefer selling their shitware and are too busy or too old to make two things at once like pajeets or fatty americans.
I think I'll just stop watching videos like a chimpanzee and kill myself.

No. That's a logical contradiction. What you're asking for is impossible by definition.

Excuse me, only people that aren't retards are allowed to reply to my posts.

I think he's asking for playback at "Normal Size" that still correctly displays anamorphic. Can mpv not do that?

This. Seems like a pretty basic feature. Like you showed it's easy to do with MPC.

He's asking for mpv to scale something without scaling it

>Note that the scaler algorithm may still be used, even if the video isn't scaled. For example, this can influence chroma conversion. The video will also still be scaled in one dimension if the source uses non-square pixels (e.g. anamorphic widescreen DVDs).
Shouldn't this be a non-issue?

Yeah, I wrestled with his wording for a minute there too. In the end I figured he wasn't contradicting himself and his "against a black background" was was just asking if mpv could play Normal Size in a fullscreened player correctly. i.e., "not scaling" meaning not upsizing to fullscreen, but still resizing anamorphic to the correct DAR.

If you want to zoom out and make the video smaller than fullscreen, you can use video-zoom.

Well if that's the case, why didn't you just add to your post that you didn't want an answer to begin with?

--video-unscaled

Did you not see where he said that displays anamorphic incorrectly?

So video-zoom=0 would be what he's looking for?

>So video-zoom=0 would be what he's looking for?
No, video-zoom is relative to screen size. So at 0 and full screen it's just fullscreen. video-zoom = log(videores/monitorres) seems to work, but of course that messes up the subs too.

the docs claim that video-unscaled should still scale anamorphic content in one dimension, though

The doc is wrong. Try it yourself.

then perhaps an issue should be filed on github

>Did you not see where he said that displays anamorphic incorrectly?
This is simply wrong. --video-unscaled still applies anamorphic corrections. See the fucking documentation at mpv.io/manual/master/#options-video-unscaled

>So video-zoom=0 would be what he's looking for?
--video-zoom=0 is a no-op.

>See the fucking documentation
Seems the documentation may be wrong:
>--video-zoom=0 is a no-op.
Documentation wasn't so clear on that
--video-zoom=
Adjust the video display scale factor by the given value. The parameter is given log 2. For example, --video-zoom=0 is unscaled
So invoking video-zoom from fullscreen back down to original resolution would scale it twice?

>says A in the doc
>does B
>doc can't be wrong, reality must be

>So invoking video-zoom from fullscreen back down to original resolution would scale it twice?
No

>perhaps an issue should be filed on github
>"Who would ever watch it this way? CLOSED"
:D

So it adjusts initial scaling? Neat.

hey, at the very least they would fix the docs

It's sad that some "bleeding edge" media player can't do something that MPC-HC can do with 2 clicks of a button.

You shouldn't get sad because of media players.

>Bleeding edge technology is a category of technologies so new that they could have a high risk of being unreliable and lead adopters to incur greater expense in order to make use of them.
gee

So you found a bug, congratulations. Why not just report it instead of sperging out like an autist?

It adjusts the display rectangle. The VO will scale from the source rectangle to the display rectangle in one step

But there's so little to be sad about to begin with. If I can't be sad because of media players I can't be sad at all.

I don't have an account. Can you do it?

Expand your horizon and you will find plenty of things to be sad about, if you want to.

>I don't have an account. Can you do it?
One step ahead of you famiglia

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/3572

Cute Saber.

>I don't have an account.

Probably best to keep it that way. Some ass kisser is always monitoring these threads and will jump at the chance to pretend they found a bug.

How do I save a PNG screenshot with say, s, and save a JPG screenshot with shift+s or whatever? I want to be able to choose on the spot.
I'm not good with computers.

But mpv just copies madshi. Not very well, apparently.

Seems less than ideal for your purposes but you could bind a key to toggle between jpg and png output. Dunno if there's a better way.

Two different posters, and I was just translating for the other guy. I don't use mpv so I couldn't confirm any of what he was saying, I was just bridging the language gap. Also, it doesn't work well when I report a bug.

Make sure to tell him, "kuchikirukia needs this ASAP."

Doesn't open source development warm your heart?

>Merged
What does it mean? It's still not working for me.

It means you need to compile from source or wait for a new build desu

kek

>changes made to an updated codebase should automatically affect precompiled software against an older codebase

I don't know what any of this means.

desu up your ass, I just wanted to see this fixed ffs

cute

Wait for the update to be done. Update tomorrow or something.

s set screenshot-format png; screenshot
S set screenshot-format jpg; screenshot

?

This is what “web apps” have done to people

>blonde hair, green eyes
hnnnnnnng

why don't they make anime grils this adorable anymore

Thanks. Where do I put this though? In the regular .conf?

input.conf, same folder as mpv.conf

>famiglia
Damnit haasn.

It doesn't work!
Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Update your kernel and reboot.

works on my machine

My son's sitting right next to me.

The keybinds and actually taking the screenshot work fine, but it doesn't swap between formats.

>mpc-qt

Never. Because we have the original MPC and not a QT clone.

Thank you user, that did the trick.

>mpc-qt > mpc-hc > mpc
Don't be affraid dude, it's what we call the evolution!

I'm so excited about vulkan, it's like a dream come true.
github.com/haasn/mpv/commits/vulkan

When's it done?

ETA 3 years

Nah it's almost done!

It's barely even started

wm4: now that my creative peak is over, I'll most likely be going dormant again for a while.

I don't trust you!

Haasn is a god, he can't be dormant!

Why would I care.
It was written in IRC, freenode, #mpv-devel. It's a public channel with roughly 60 people idling so I guess enough people could "confirm" this.

Because we loved you.
Until you used familiaria, you secret reddit/r/blackpeopletwitter user.

Who is this retard ?

Some drunk

Madshi: away
Zach: busy
Haasn: dormant
I will be patient...