Blue text bubbles?

Why do women hate men with green bubbles???

How do you get blue bubbles from an Android/WP phone?

twitter.com/rossialaina/status/773723246478827524

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VNUbuv9Oquw
youtube.com/watch?v=P7ZcKEZh_6U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

why the fuck does everyone keep using the term "green text bubbles" instead of android
is it a marketing keyword? will apple send me some bux if i write it?

How come Australians don't suffer from this?
Are Americans just that easy to brainwash?

How could you take anyone seriously if this is a concern for them?

Just a safety precaution.
A green text bubble means he might have a Note 7.

cuz iPhone is murrican

Just like "Netflix and chill," this dumb green bubble shit is just another covert marketing campaign. Expect memes like in the OP to start appearing regularly on high traffic social media sites like Twitter and Facebook.

why the fuck is any of this a thing?

cell phones and their cancerous culture is fucking retarded

i hope the rectangle meme dies soon

Owners of Apple products are confused and confounded by the notion of anything outside of their experience with Apple products.

This isn't actually a thing is it?

This behavior is endemic to the lower class of most races in the US. Poor wood ticks, niggers, and spics that think a $700 phone is a sign of wealth are generally considered retarded and ignored by all but their own kind.

you're poorfags.

>A green text bubble means he might have a Note 7.
Fire prevention.

oh it is. it's a huge issue to women on Tinder. I've experienced it first hand. they see a green bubble and they immediately think you're poor. it's basically discrimination and stereotyping.

Owning a thousand dollar phone you pay for monthly over 2 years is a definte sign of wealth!

That makes sense. No one else would be stupid enough to consider a smartphone a sign of wealth and success.

It's pure marketing. Some marketing firm that apple hired thought this was a good idea. We had this discussion here about half a year ago, but it seems like it's coming back.

I truly hope idiots don't catch on to it, but alas.

>Owning a thousand dollar phone you pay for monthly over 2 years is a definte sign of wealth!
well, when the market's flooded with cheap-ass phones, it's just one datpoint. it's easy to stereotype and most of the time your'e right.

>9/10 man with chiseled face and rippled muscles pulls up on your driveway with a Lamborghini
>offers to make love to you
>but suddenly, you notice he pulls an Android phone from his pocket

what do you do, girls?

Is text message bubble color really a thing? I have iPhone and my outgoing text messages are green bubbles and my incoming are grey.

>Owning a thousand dollar phone you pay for monthly over 2 years is a definte sign of wealth!
Yes, to the middle class.

You don't have iMessage turned on.

The green just means it's a standard SMS as opposed to some weird proprietary format Apple made up, right?

How does that even work though? It doesn't send it over SMS does it? How would either device know the other is an iPhone until they already sent a message? Does everything get forwarded through Apple's servers or something?

Well thats a fucking stupid thing to judge people on. I guess people are stupid though so it makes sense.

>Short answer: blue ones have been sent or received using Apple's iMessage technology, while green ones are "traditional" text messages exchanged via Short Messaging Service, or SMS.

I stopped calling a girl after the first date because she had the latest iPhone like a week after it launched. Made me suspect she has fucked up priorities despite a decent appearance. I'm sure I'll be proven right one day.

>paying for data when sms is free
#courage

>Well thats a fucking stupid thing to judge people on. I guess people are stupid though so it makes sense.
it's just a signal. if you have money, there's a greater chance that the offspring will have the future and prosper. it's psychology. blame evolution.

Middle class fag here. I could save up and afford an iphone 7 plus in 2-3 weeks.

I don't because I don't really care and bought a chinkphone instead for a sixth the price.. If anyone want to judge me based on my choice of smartphone, they shouldn't be surprised if I don't take anything they say seriously.

>How does that even work though?

Any time iPhones send a text message they check with some iMessage server to see if the recipient is a known iMessage-capable recipient. If so, it sends an iMessage. iPhones poll the iMessage server for iMessages the same way phones poll the carrier for SMS messages.

If the recipient is not a known iMessage-capable recipient, it falls back on regular SMS.

>How does that even work though?
blue text = EtoE encryption
green text = over SMS

because they can't afford the SMS charges to send anything back, so they get butthurt about it and shift the blame

>How do you get blue bubbles from an Android/WP phone?

Write an app that talks to the iMessage server.

How do the phones trade keys without giving Apple the potential to read all their shit?

>Write an app that talks to the iMessage server.
reversing that would probably take 3+ months.

this shit only happens by vapid whores on twitter and Cred Forums for some reason.

I have never seen anyone judge someones phone unless its a flip phone from a decade ago, and even then its more of a surprise then anything.

Being able to afford an iphone isn't really that big of an accomplishment though. I could kind of understand if it was something that required significant financial investment like a car or a house but a phone?

In public-key encryption you can encrypt with your private key AND the other person's public key, then the other person can decrypt with your public key and their own private key.

So in theory you could exchange pubkeys over the iMessage server and it wouldn't matter that Apple has access to both of your pubkeys because they don't have either of your private keys and therefore cannot decrypt the message.

In practice I assume Apple can read your iMessages.

well, it's just one signal. if you dress nice, rock an expensive watch, smell nice... you'll send better signals than if you smell like you didn't shower for a week and your clothes don't fit well and are dirty.

women pay attention to those things even though men don't give a fuck.

Marketting.

Only poor trash girls who need to climb on a mans dick to get anywhere in life do this lol

proof?

Sounds like a waste of money. I should go find a jewish chick. I bet they'd appreciate me being a cheap bastard.

>women trying to be technology elitists

lol

It's just a vocal minority. My gf uses a g3 and when I offered to buy her an iphone 6s plus she threatened to hit me.

She considers iphone a horrible waste of money.

You can get blue texts with older iphone models, can't you?
Whats stopping anyone from getting a garbage can iphone for cheap?

>She considers iphone a horrible waste of money.
Bet you she's ugly.... I mean "homely".

>there are people in this board who unironically still believe in the "theory" of evolution

youtube.com/watch?v=VNUbuv9Oquw

youtube.com/watch?v=P7ZcKEZh_6U

nothing stopping an autistic NEET from taking a shower, getting mommy to buy him a suit, and cutting his hair.

we're hardwired to respond to these signals on an unconscious level, quick decisions are more important than exhaustive verification of every detail

Consider for a second what type of woman you'll attract if you appeal to that superficial bullshit.

Spoiler alert: superficial women.

Y'all don't realize, if the girl is shallow enough to give a single fuck about what kinda phone you got, there's probably not much going on inside that brain of her's. And if you like dumb, shallow people, go right ahead. But I do like to be challenged by my partners.

>if you like dumb, shallow women
That's the only kind of women that exists, user.

Nah son, go to any college and you'll fast realize that there are a fuckload of people more intelligent than you, both woman and man.

Nice misogyny, you shitlord!

Nothing is stopping me from buying an iPhone 5s on the cheap but it's not going to make me fit into the iSheep clique since then I'm not rocking the iPhone 7. Who cares. My tried and true already serves me well. Pic related.

>Why do women hate men with green bubbles???
This is a meme. Most women do not give a shit about what phone you have. You were probably linked to a couple of tweets with particularly shallow women bitching about green bubbles. Assuming that a few tweets is reflective of the entire population, you extrapolated and expected that what was reported to you was the norm. The reality, however, is that people don't tend to link you to normal shit, nor does the news report on normal things. What was brought to your attention was brought to your attention because it is abnormal, and therefore interesting. Instead of thinking, "jeez, this is how people really think about my product purchasing decisions," you should be thinking, "wow, look at that retarded bitch," and laugh.

>How do you get blue bubbles from an Android/WP phone?
You don't. iMessage only displays blue bubbles when communicating with someone else who is also using iMessage. You get a green bubble if you use SMS, or if you were to use any other messaging application on an iPhone.

Where do you think I am, you fucking moron? You've obviously never been to college if you really think so.

>shitlord
fuck off back to plebbit

You don't live in America, don't you?

Gee whiz, user. I wish I was as delusional and arrogant as you!

Face it, man. Whether you go to a community college, or MIT, someone is always smarter than you. And that's never a bad thing, it just means there's more work to do.

Fewer niggers.

Every "woman" in the US that gives a shit is either black or appropriating black "culture"

did you miss the OP image with a trashy white bitch using black memes?

You can lease iphones for less than a dent in the lower class paycheck to paycheck budget. For a poorfag, it's not how much money they spend in the end, but how much money they take out of their monthly budget

It's not a status symbol any more than gold chains and chromed rims are a status symbol

>"nigga i only had to eat ramen for a month to buy these 20s, swerve"

Id dat ma nigga Earl?

How is that a black meme? Genuniely curious

It's SMS, but it's too complex for the shills.

idiot.

you're like a fat ugly woman saying to a skinny woman with big tits and a round ass 'consider for a second what type of man you'll attract if all you appeal to is that superficial bullshit'

>physical traits are on the same level as phone brands
wew

>implying women dont like you because of your phone and not because youre a fat ugly fuck

the meme is divided into two parts, a
>TFW
and an
>image macro

This style of meme was first introduced lonnnnnggggg before normies got a hold of it.

However, once instagram and twitter became the main social medias, the link between wizard humor and normie humor became much shorter. Gradually normies began understanding that common feelings and associated situations that they were telling in verbal joke form could be much better communicated and therefore collected in their "profile" so as to market their sense of humor.

It was right around this time that the poorer african american population began being able to mass connect with the internet, as technology became accessible to poorer people.

As the realization that this form of humor was the most succinct and readily digestible way to show your sense of humor, the black community picked it up and began meming situations as you've seen before, with barbershops and BAE and etc.

Right before they did this, it was more uncommon to see the average white populus do this specific thing, it was more this along with others, not ubiquitously.

Blacks never really caught on to the fact that there are other ways to convey this, and so they are stuck in a cycle, but one they seem content with. Since their community is much more "WILD" when things go viral, their reactions to such things seem extravagant to some, but to most it associates that it must be a reasonable response, and that the stimulus is a probably well accepted one. In the white female brain, the best accepted stimulus is the one to go for, and such they are doomed to stay in the cycle.

>sorry for the autism

>they see a green bubble and they immediately think you're poor. it's basically discrimination and stereotyping
Capitalism has completely killed people's braincells, there's no turning back. We're fucked.

>still caring about 3dpd
How fucking new are you?

Daily Reminder:

The only losers that text with green bubbles are iCuck losers. ALL texts RECEIVED on iPhones are gray. Only texts SENT on iPhones are colored blue/green (imessage/sms).

Android doesn't have this problem since you can customize text messages to display in any color you want, and the default is random.

>Android doesn't have this problem since you can customize text messages to display in any color you want, and the default is random.
you're an idiot. it has an issue with group chat since group chat over SMS is impossible to do well.

and android's shit.

>In practice I assume Apple can read your iMessages.
I'm pretty sure that if they could before, they've made it impossible now.

>this is what iToddlers actually believe

The green bubble actually appears when you text the other person.

i don't get "green bubbles" on my android, nor have i heard of any android users complaining about them

must be an iOS problem

It is. People who complain about the bubbles only do so because they're too poor to afford texting.

Love this meme

My gf uses an iPhone and she doesnt care.