/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Apple iPhone 7 review
gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_7-review-1497.php

LeEco Le Pro 3 goes official: Snapdragon 821, 6GB RAM, 4070 mAh battery for $299 (Update)
phonearena.com/news/LeEco-Le-Pro-3-goes-official-Snapdragon-821-6GB-RAM-4070-mAh-battery-and-more_id85656

Google Now on Tap renamed to Screen Search in latest beta.
9to5google.com/2016/09/20/google-app-beta-apps-shortcut-now-on-tap-rename/amp/

Huawei Honor 8 review—Huawei’s software sucks all joy out of this $400 device
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/09/huawei-honor-8-review-decent-hardware-but-you-can-do-better-for-400/

Google Pixel will start at $649, rumor claims
gsmarena.com/google_pixel_will_start_at_649_rumor_claims-news-20593.php

Xiaomi Redmi 3S Review | Prime Version
youtu.be/muTJ3jkvWA4

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

oneplus.net/oneplus-3
youtube.com/watch?v=ycIpOZY03OM
gsmarena.com/oneplus_3-7995.php
gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_k5_plus-7947.php
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PB1547M/
thesun.co.uk/news/1772176/samsung-s7-edge-overheated-and-then-exploded-in-teachers-hands-in-the-middle-of-busy-cafe/
classaction.com/news/exploding-galaxy-edge-s7-causes-3rd-degree-burns-man/
swappa.com/listing/DNI087/view
9to5google.com/2016/09/21/google-flexing-its-advertising-muscle-ahead-of-pixel-phones-october-4-launch-gallery/
forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/orig-development/wip-aosp-7-0-0-nexus-5-t3457442
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>4000mAh is a meme

I got 30 mins from 100 to 95%. Shame it stopped charging.

Are tablets offtopic in this thread?

I have a galaxy s3 that needs an upgrade. It seems the main cost for me is the difference between something with 720p (like Redmi 3s), or something without gyro+fingerprint (like honor 5c).

Is 1080p a big deal? Is Fingerprint a big deal? I don't think I can handle a 5.5 phone like Redmi Note 3.

what the fuck

Android System is draining my battery. Using Redmeme Note 3 Pro on MIUI 8.0.1.0 manually flashed.

Reviews claim the ZUK Z2 gets 6h sot. That's decent but would cyanogenmod decrease this?

What Huawei model is this in pic related?

mate 8

720p at 5 inches should be okay desu.
no gyro means no pokemon go
fingerprint scanners are the best smartphone meme in years.

Pic unrelated :^)

>US
>Verizon
>5.5 or 6 inches, res really doesnt matter
>less than 200

New Oneplus 3 for $399 vs a used Galaxy S6 off of Craigslist for $330?

OP3. Used phones might be repaired. (And therefore, low quality replacements wich might break).

Top speaker on 6p stops working update to Android 7.0 starts working again k den

Netherlands.
I want a sick battery and big screen (5+)
considering Acer Liquid Z630 or Asus Zenfone 2 Max (both are about 200 euro's).

carrier KPN

suggestions which one, or is chink better?

The Galaxy s6

>Samsung Galaxy S5

Hands down, this is the best phone Samsung has ever produced.

The S6 and S7 are utter garbage compared to it.

>water/dust protected
>removable battery
>micro-SD slot
>decent battery life
>state of the art hardware when it was released
>perfect size
>features 1080p@60fps recording when most of nowadays phones can't even do this

And the list goes on.

Prove me wrong!

>considering Acer Liquid Z630 or Asus Zenfone 2 Max
Two old shitty phones.

Get a K6000 Pro or RN3P.

I pretty much agree. Went from an s5 to rn3p and the chink phone let me down after two weeks.

If the s5 battery lasted longer I would have never changed.

The OnePlus 3 is a better phone.

The s5 is garbage. You're obviously trolling.

>using the chinkbotnet

Lg V20 or OP3? I'm torn between the two, although I'm not thrilled with the op3's screen.

Nexus 6? I landed mine for $170 on eBay.

Still has better camera and screen than most recent chinkphones.

Your mom is garbage.

How's that LTE working out for ya?

Looking for suggestions that would upgrade from my 2nd generation Moto G
>Unlocked
>5"+ Screen
>microSD
>Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope
>Compatible with AT&T network inc. LTE
>Under $300

Huh? LTE worked flawlessly.

LG G3

AT&T is a shit network.

Three UK is bretty gud
>unlimited data
>unlimited tethering with CM
>£17

>>£17
How much is that in first world currency?

This is happening to me aswell. Still don't have a solution. Tried custom kernels, cm, xiaomi.eu, official

17 first world currency converts to 22.07 god money

What can you recommend me for these specs?
- dualsim
- sdcardslot
- 1080p
- decent battery
- woodlike back

I'd say mi5 if you're okay with chinkshit

oneplus.net/oneplus-3
>snapdragon 820
>6 gigs of Ram
There are several wood back options. Here is a review.
youtube.com/watch?v=ycIpOZY03OM

I own one. Just got it last week. I'm blown away by the value.

Specs
gsmarena.com/oneplus_3-7995.php

>snapdragon 820
>6 gigs of Ram

>....$399
Bullshit

Can any of you Android shills tell me why I shouldn't switch to iPhone after using Android since Android existed?

Google announces yet another messaging app. I just got my mom on Hangouts. What is the point? Why can't they just improve the single stock Messenger app to end all this bullshit? iMessage is fantastic and everyone actually uses it. How many of you flip between Duo and Hangouts and Messenger depending on what you want to? Now Allo? In the meantime, improving the stability of the Camera app doesn't seem like a priority.

Seriously, what would I actually be missing by switching to an iPhone? Android is locked down and dumbed down these days anyway.

Before you use the company argument, remember Android phones are ad-company phones and at least Apple is just trying to make the best possible device.

>13 days

I want to die

>0.01 rupees have been deposited into your iShill lifetime account, Pajeet

God damn. I can't believe how cheap that is.

I changed my phone's DPI from 320 to 240 and while some things are a bit small, it looks really nice and I was able to use xposed App Settings to keep the DPI at 320 for the keyboard and camera - awesome.
But Tinfoil for Facebook and some other apps won't change their DPI even when settings are changed in App Settings - any way to force this change?

>at least Apple is just trying to make the best possible device.

DAILY REMINDER TO GET A BLACKBERRY PASSPORT

See pic related. The list is obviously incomplete and covers about 50% of what's wrong with iPhones.

can someone explain messaging apps to me?

WhatsUp
Facebook Messanger
Allo
WeChat
Viber

what service do they actually provide, why do people use them? Why not just use sms?
what does one has that the others lack?
Is there a best one? Cred Forums approved one?

Looking for a smartphone Cred Forumsuys

>T-mobile
>band 12
>around ~$150
>good battery
>good camera
>not fucking huge

that's about all I need

looking for good battery life.
what about the OUKITEL K10000 ?

Signal is Cred Forums approved since it's open source and end to end encrypted.

The rest is not that good desu. some shill for telegram since it's as good.

Moto G4.

sms is not encrypted, costs money to use, and has technological limits

the other services exist via the internet and thus can build out features and don't cost you anything to use (unless you use a shitty one that mines your data)

thx

I only see it for $199 though, at that price shouldn't I snag a 5x?

Is their a recommended list of phones with price ranges?

Have a budget of 240. Was looking at the Oneplus 2 but I've just learn't they aren't stocking it anymore.

That's £ not $

look for g4 play

Moto G4 Play will also be enough. N5X is ok too.

pic.

Hi Cred Forums, I'm thinking about buying Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus

gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_k5_plus-7947.php

>anyone have it?
>should I go for it or no?
>better option?

BUY ME

BUY ME NOW

you're a retard, learn to use your phone properly

Most of those 'reasons' are contrived self-supporting Android 'benefits'

or aren't actually comparing phones in the first place ("better battery life, better camera" etc is not an iPhone vs Android argument; the iPhone SE has superior camera and battery to most Android devices)

which one?
Oukitel K7000
K6000 Pro
K10000

That pic is so fucking retarded.

>features 1080p@60fps recording when most of nowadays phones can't even do this
WHY is this happening? Most phones can 720p @ 120fps, or 4K at 30 fps so the hardware is certainly capable. It seems like only Samsungs have this feature now

As an ex iPhone SE user I disagree. Also that list is missing the fucktarded 100MB download limit over mobile data which literally made me want to fucking tear my eyeballs out.

>Nobody cares about the size of their phone

no u

> Pajeet

That's not even a common name there. At least switch it to Patel

>there

Basically Skype for phones.

> there's literally a Pajeet on Cred Forums

My sides are moving on their own

this

Should I get
>6p for 390 euro
>s7 for 530 euro
>pixel for probably more than 600 euros
>Keep using my nexus 4
>?

Wat do g?

Im still using my Nexus 4, getting new phones is a meme

Are you still using the original battery? Which Rom are you using

I am still on the original battery and I am running chroma it still lasts me a day with 2 to 3 h of SOT

< - pic one

S7

S7

Note 5 32GB is plenty for me.

S6

So what did you go back to after the SE?

I considered the Z5c until I found out it won't work on CDMA/Verizon. 5x looks like shit. Can't really find out anything, other than rubbing my hands together for 2 weeks to be told by Google I need to pay $600 for a mediocre Pixel phone.

Original battery, stock 5.1.1 still. Didn't bother to flash anything else

I get like 3 to 4.5 hours sot and it lasts me through the day too. Though it did get a bit worse after my last vacation for a few weeks into warmer climates...

what about the x compact?

Is there any current phone or in development that has a the screen from edge to edge?

No frame around it or something like that.

Or tablet for that matter.

I'm looking for something mainly for watching videos etc, but is portable like a phone.

Really good SOT I assume you're mostly connected to WiFi because it makes a significant difference. Also I highly recommend a marshmallow Rom it runs better than stock lollipop believe me

Do iPhone users really have to pay for every single app from the store or handle an unbearable amount of adverts?

What's the iOS adblock solution?

Just bought an unlocked tmobile note 4 (snapdragon model) for 200$. Its got some dust on the lens for the rear camera but that looks easy enough to replace. Is there something better I should have gotten for 200? Using ATT in the USA.

Yo, whats up with the shitty display on the z5c/z3c/xc

I sometimes feel like manufacturers purposely fuck up one thing from their product being perfect, so it expecting something from them and pay shitloads of money for a phone that's gonna drop half its price in six months.

Get the honor 5x. Has gyro

Don't have home internet/wifi for a year now. Also another reason why I didn't flash anything yet. Though I'll have a new DSL connection in the coming weeks probably, I'm thinking about flashing it then.
Do you know if there's works on nougat Roms for the n4?

Redmi 4
>5” 1080p
>3GB ram
>Snapdragon 625
>microSD, gyro, fingerprint
>4100mAh

Get the huge Note 3 or wait for this?

Will this hoe work in the US? (Metro)

Wait. The 625 with a 4.1 Ah battery and that screen size will last for days.

A refurbished LG g4

That phone is absolutely gorgeous and a wonder to use and it's such a shame it has absolutely 0 third party support.

>Chile
>Entel
>5 or 5.5 inches
>less than 200
>muh Android 5 or 6

Why are there so few

There are even tablets with phone chips

looking for a big battery and screen.
don't care about weight.
has to be less than 12 months old

Note 4

Is getting a note 4 still worth it?

Exynos S7.

Yea

Too big for my taste but a good phone.

The exynos variant is.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PB1547M/

It's certainly the most utilitarian phone out there. Slap in a 10,000 mAh battery and a 256GB micro SD card and you will have a phone good enough for at least 4 more years.

>needing third party support
full google play store is good enough for me

I'm dropping verizon for this big nig in a couple months

Sounds nice. When will it be released? I hope this phone gets cm support too desu

Is there any review that compare 'gaming' performances between the iPhone 7 & the 7 Plus? Been looking for some and cannot find any, if the gap is > 10 fps lost that's a deal breaker for me.

Oh and I know this will trigger some but I don't want chinkshits, exploding sammy, bootloop lg, neither the shit build quality of htc/sony and I'm talking out of experience for everything but the exploding sammy.

>gaming on his phone

Not buying the Redarmymi Note 3 Pro because of this issue. Get your shit together, Xiaomi.

I feel like I should upgrade my 3 y/o phone.

So lenovo got into smartphones too, any thoughts ?
Are the Xperias one still worth it ?

>doesnt want motorola, sony, or blackberry
gay

N on Nexus 5 yet? Any good roms?

>gaming perfomances
>phone

Looks good but no pokemon go.

If you enjoy gaming so much that you have to have a phone capable of playing them, you should know better than to even look at an apple.

s7 if exynos

Why would I want a phone known to bootloop

>WORST
S6
Note 5
S7 Edge
S5
S7
Note 4
>BEST

Really based little phone. Too bad its OS is a steaming pile of manure.
Bye bye, iPhone 7, will won't be missed.

>shitposting on his phone

If moto released an x style with just updated specs it'd be my first choice, but the lelnovo z? Hell no

Aren't the ios version of games actually optimized unlike android? Serious question since the last time I used one of their phone was back in whatever year they released the 4

Thanks, I'll go with the OP3!

Am I fucking idiot if I want to get the Note 7 over the S7 Edge, but don't plan on using the pen like...ever?

The Note 7 just looks so much better in terms of its design. and it seems like the edges of the screen even look better.

It's not that I hate the pen or anything, I just have no idea what I would ever use it for. Like, what the hell do people use it for? I know the main thing is to take notes but couldn't I just type out a note in half the time?

you could use it to poke the eyes out of an applel tard

>Bye bye, iPhone 7, will won't be missed.
Replacing it with what?

isn't the Note 7 nearly 6 inches?
>might as well be a tablet.

For now, back to my S7 which I fortunately kept in case the iPhone turned out to be shit.
Now don't get me wrong, the S7 is a piece of shit too but it'll do until the Pixel comes out. Hopefully that one will be good.

>Note 7
>better design

It's designed to explode and kill you m8

Suggesting SMS is just idiotic, they charge per message and store them (in this country, anyway) for 2 years.

Messaging apps is really a matter of who you want to talk to and what systems /they/ are available on. If someone just has Skype and insists on only using that then you can submit to that or not talk to them. It's really that simple when it comes to choosing messenger apps.

It would be really nice if everyone just used XMPP with a OTR supporting client but people using that is as rare as people sending PGP-encrypted e-mails so you'll probably want to be available on WhatsApp or whatever the local sluts prefer in your area.

Thought for sure I'd use pen a bit on my Note 4, ok for some quick sketches, some of the photo edit stuff is cool too. I hardly use it though, I did just want the bigger screen.

>Have Note 4
>Had it for two years now
>randomly start lagging horribly
>batter dies within an hour
>delete nova launcher
>still bad
>clear cache
>factory reset
>doesn't lag
>battery good again
>week passes
>terrible lag, unusable
>have a total of 5 3rd party apps
>Remove my Samsung 64 gb SD card to see if it works
>still lags horribly

Is there absolutely anything I can do? I'm debating switching to iPhone now.

Get a moto z play
Samsung is garbage

If you're going to get a while new phone, you might as well first try rooting and installing a custom OS.

I wouldn't trust most of the shit on XDA forums, all made by Pajeets or Eastern European credit card thieves. However look up Cyanogenmod.

If you fuck up and brick it, hey, you were gonna get a new phone anyway so no loss.

Note 4 master race here, could be the recent update, and to be fair it's been 2 years, maybe it's taken too many drops and heavy use

>Upgrading to the note 7 this week

So does anyone have any news on the Asus Zenfone 3 deluxe? When it may be released in the US. All I see on Amazon is the regular Zenfone 3 and the tablet version (ultra). I want the Deluxe and it seems it was only released in India thus far.

About to go from note 4 to 7, talk me out of it by recommending a better "everything" phone for big hands

LG V20

Should I get an s7 edge or a s7 no edge

You on GiffGaff, mate?

Same on my mi4c
Meh, 3ah is enough 4me
Anyway, Google play services are draining battery again. Of course Google fucked up sth

I bought two China phones this month because reasons. Both cost me around $90.

The Cubot Dinosaur to the left in picture related has a big battery (not sure as it's really as big as they claim) which does last very long. The 720p screen is very clear and bright and has nice colors. The phone is snappy and the MediaTek chipset on it does it's job. Both cameras on it are bad, as in not good at all.

The Lenovo K30 has a 1080p screen and a better 8 core MediaTek chipset. It doesn't really feel any snappier than the Cubot and the 1080p screen isn't as bright - but it's nice to look at. The battery on it runs out very fast compared to the K30, it barely lasts a day on moderate usage compared to the Cubot which does last days with lots of screen-on time. I generally like the 4-core 720p Cubot better than this one even though it's 8-core and has a 1080p screen. The Lenovo does have a very good back camera and the front camera is also better, the pictures it takes are quite good.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone considers these phones.

no edge
edge is retarded

edge makes the panties drop.

don't listen to this retard edge is better in literally every single way. anyone who thinks bigger bezels are better is retarded.

After the whole exploding and literal house fire tier battery fiasco, how is it that Samsung S/Note 7 is even on the table for some people? I had a note 3 in the past and it was great, but this recent bullshit has turned me off Samsung devices entirely. Not even meming, just actually curious.

So i upgrade around october/november, will Google's new phones be out in time? Or how about Sony's?

The galaxy s7 explodes?

The Moto Z Play gets 50h of battery life without the extended battery, apparently. Pity it isn't waterproof though

thesun.co.uk/news/1772176/samsung-s7-edge-overheated-and-then-exploded-in-teachers-hands-in-the-middle-of-busy-cafe/

classaction.com/news/exploding-galaxy-edge-s7-causes-3rd-degree-burns-man/

Seems it.

>Company releases product
>People say it's great if you don't mind it exploding
>Company fixes the explosions issue
>People still think it's bad

Not even memeing, what can't you understand?

If the company could be trusted, then it wouldn't have released exploding phones in the first place. They said the phones wouldn't explode. When they first released them. That turned out to be false. Why should anyone believe them now?

>Not even memeing, what can't you understand?

No company can be trusted dummy

Not entirely

But no other manufacturer's phone have injured so many people and literally blown up cars. Samsung is the ISIS of smartphone manufacturers.

Not even memeing, what can't you understand, dum-dum?

In essence you're correct. But it's truly pathetic when I would be willing to place my faith in a $130 budget device more so than Samsung's latest and greatest $800 flagship to not burn down my house.

I have a Samsung tablet ($100) several Samsung SSDs, and a kick ass Samsung PC monitor. It's not that they're incapable of making a good product, they're just getting greedy. Cheating out in all the wrong places.

This is the kind of BS that drives normal users to just buy Apple. To standard smartphone users, Samsung and Android are synonymous. "Samsung phones explode?!! I'll just go get an iPhone then. Apple doesnt have this problem".

Yes it is exynos but is samsung better these days? I don't want my phone to slow down with updates. My nexus 4 still has decent performance

There are some nougat roms but mostly all are work in progress. I read some are decent but video recording is not working so I would wait for them to get more stable and would flash a Marshmallow Rom

Enjoy your Chinese shit phone, hope your not allergic to lead

>Have you tried not being poor?

what about this gem?

>Leeco le tv le max 2
Literally perfect phone, cheap too.

Except they went for the no headphone jack meme...

guys, are there any news when the redmi 4 will be released?

>$0.01 mooncoins have been deposited in your account, Xiao Lang, keep up the great work!

Lol I don't even own a Samsung budget phone. My mom does. I bought her a Samsung galaxy Prime. So I'll says again

Its pathetic I have more faith in a budget $130 SAMSUNG phone than a SAMSUNG $800 flagship to not burn down my house.

>Nexus 6p is updating to 7.0

Aww ye

I'm tempted to be stupid and get a big phone this time around. 5.2-5.7"ish

Are you me?

I keep ending up at the simple truth that I want a mid to high-end phone that is not xbox hueg and has a good camera.

There are two options right now: iPhone SE (€440 for 16GB/€550 for 64GB) or Galaxy A3 2016 (€230). The A3 is low to midrange, really, and will probably get an update in jan/feb.

It really just leaves the iPhone SE, because at least that phone is future proof.

Sure, I'll wait for the Pixel announcement in the complete silly hope that maybe the pricepoint, specs and camera of the non-XL Pixel will be worth it. But it'll just be a €600 phone and the iPhone SE will seem like the only sane choice.

Wat do?

I have never locked my phone. Is the fingerprint sensor wasted on me?

Why the fuck do you guys lock it anyway?

Why would I want other people to be able to look through my phone without me allowing them?

Are you fine with random people walking through your front door and walking around your house?

>I have never locked my house. Is the door wasted on me?
>Why the fuck do you guys lock it anyway?

Just upgraded from the note 3 (5.7") to the mate 7 (6"), love the bigger screen, feels a bit snappier too. Are there any decent phones with 6.3-6.6" screens?

I use my phone as a tablet most of the time.

What is my Mi5 doing, boys?

I got a chuwi hi8 pro tablet.

This beauty is dualboot windows 10/android 5

This is paradise, except that I can't connect it to wifi... Neither on windows, neither on android. I got chinked pretty hard.

Apparently this is common for chuwi, and there are big ass threads packed of pajeets finding solutions.

So here goes my w.e. Does anybody else here got the same problem?

>Android system
Android is a mess.

Jeb is a
BIG
FAT
mess, folks.

Does anyone think Microsoft will follow through with a Surface Phone and will it bring x86 software to a 5" form factor?

or should I just get an Xperia?

When you buy a chinkphone how likely is it to be made out of carcinogenic toxic waste and batteries that ISIS ejected as too explosive?

rejected*

If they do, it won't be for a long time. Maybe a year from now.

Also it definitely won't be 5". 5.5" meme screen at a minimum. Probably 5.7".

>ad blocking
>wanting developers to hate your platforms and having them not want to develop for your platform

Chinktablet FreeWifi here, buy a Real phone. Get a nexus 5x, it's cheap and is awrsome at every level

Don't follow the hype, if u go chink ull get cucked 100/100

I was hoping for news but I kind of can't wait until October for anything solid.

botneting

buy chink shit, get chink spyware

I'm up for an upgrade and can't decide if I should wait or get something now. I love my LG G3 and am on the Verizon network in America. Should I wait or pick something?

Chink shit is most of the time shit. Friendly reminder if you wanna avoid my buyer remorse

kys dumb samefag.

Waiting until October 4th (or buying an iPhone SE from a return-able store now) seems like the only thing I can do right now.

It's okay
Zuk z2 doesn't have this problem
Eh root it ;D
Ebik bost

Which ROM gives me the most vanilla Android UI for my new HTC 10? I just bought one to replace my CAT S60.

oh, now you're an ex-SE user?
So from 6 you went full autism with your "See Pic Related" shit and you still went and bought an SE?

It doesn't explode though. It merely combusts.

Give me one good reason not to hit the buy button for the Axon 7.

what is it?

What phone would be better I'm kinda leaning towards a nexus. Any phone I can shitpost on really

Under $400 seems to be the sweet spot.

Motorola Moto X pure is $400 brand new.
>stock Android with updates similar to the Nexus line
>microSD slot with support for 256GB+ cards
>good screen
>front facing stereo speakers

-no fingerprint reader
-camera is mediocre
-no USB C

Nexus 6p 64GB has been seen on newegg and the like for $350.

>stock Android
>USB C
>fingerprint reader

-no microSD slot

You could always wait and see what Google's new Pixel phone is like. I'm waiting on the Pixel XL. If your wallet is deep enough to consider a flag ship Galaxy, the new Pixel won't be out of reach.

hey /spg/, my mom passed away and she left me her Galaxy S6. I've never had a smart phone before this because I never had a job, but now I'm working and I got the data plan with it and all that shit. I just did a factory reset and it's still loaded with shit.

Is there a quick start guide to un-fuckify my phone? What's with all this talk about new OSes? What apps should I get?

I'm lost, what do I do? Where do I look?

Thanks for the info user

Why shouldn't I buy a ZTE Axon 7?

don't buy the Moto X Pure.
Lenovo has slowed down updates compared to old Moto.

Updates how? I got security updates quickly. Plus the phone is fully unlockable, rootable, and Cyanogenmod friendly if you really NEED to have updated NOW.

Is Huawei a good company?

Considering they're the ones who made the Nexus 6P, I'd say there OK.

>Nexus 6P

I don't know anything about that phone, which explains why I don't know anything about them. Is there any other phone they are known for?

Nexus if you don't know is phones made for Google. You get updates directly from Google rather than through your carrier. The Nexus lone in the past has been made by LG. If Google was willing to entrust their name sake and Nexus line to Huawei, they can't be terrible. But then again, I'm no Chinese phone brand expert.

Seems to me the biggest problem with Chinese branded phones in the UK/US is lack of certain LTE band support.

wccftech.com/zuk-z2-cheapest-snapdragon-820-android-phone-scores-6-million-preorders/

pls respond

OP3 or Axon 7?

op3

All those apps and garbage that are preinstalled cannot be removed because they're listed as system apps. Samsung loves to load the devices with shit. You can disable them through the specific apps options menu so they no longer run and do not appear in your app drawer. The talk of os's is more about the new Android 7.0 ( Android N) coming out to replace current 6.0.1.

So long as you're not running something like Android 4.2 or lower. 90% of apps on the store should work. I personally use
>SD maid pro to clean garbage and temp files.
>Nova launcher prime to replace the stock phone launcher
>Solid Explorer pro with FTP module for browsing phone file system and wirelessly up/downloading/streaming from my home server.
>Firefox browser
>Google or hacker keyboard is good.

Other than that it's just live and learn as far as using the phone. And sucks about your mom.

iPhone 7 sucks ass. Was going to upgrade my 5s to the OP3. Had it in the cart and everything but then realized it doesn't work with Verizon.

What's the next best thing that's Verizon compatible or do I just wait for the Nexus??

Pic related. Worthless do anyone not in China. Even if you import it in, it'll probably be stuck on 3G of you even get service at all.

Thank you for your advice, your condolences, and your good will.

>He doesn't have the redmi note 3 pro

Do you have a cuckolding fetish?

Any ZTE Axon 7 owners here?
Pros and cons? Did you manage to get the bootloader unlocked?
Im looking for a decent phone, budget is ~400$, apart from One+3 is there anything else on par with Axon 7?

Hey fellow chilean, I'd go for moto X play

Why do you find it shit? I'm considering buying it

Has anyone here got a 32gb 6S yet?
I want to know what version of iOS they shipped with.

Poor camera. CM still in development.

every time i find a phone I like, it turns out to be 5.5 inches.

fuck this big dick 5.5 meme. bring back 5'' phones.

Just buy an iPhone SE then manlet. 5.7" phones are the minimum for me. Would love a 6" phone honestly.

Xiaomi Mi Max

The viscous cycle of the flagship buyers reminds me of bipolar disorder, they have manic episodes where their mood is extremely elevated when they're getting hyped about the newest product up until they get it, then they have a short honeymoon phase of using the phone. It all ends when they read about the glaring flaws their phone has, they can't justify the amount of money that they paid for it and they regret it. They spend the next year or two saying how they won't get jewed again but they just fall into the same viscous cycle. Constantly cucked by the flagships, enduring no support, bloated preinstalled apps, laggy UI and lackluster screen on time. They are beings who are actually fooled by marketing.

Then you have the average chinkphone buyer who knows what they want, how to get it and how much they want to pay. A superior being who has surpassed the flagship drone, a fully self actualized alpha male who takes what he wants and leaves his beta brethren in the gutter like with the discarded syringes and rats.

I lurk this general to know about what to buy from flagship buyers for pennies on the dollar. Take this for example,

swappa.com/listing/DNI087/view

>Xperia
I would highly recommend the Xperia Z ultra C6833; Best phone I've ever owned in my life. I've had it for 3 years and still not a single scratch is present; its water proof; powerful CPU...it's a phone that does not age.

6.4"

holy fuck.

Do lg g5s have the bootloop issue?

>a phone that does not age
that's the dream.

> I've had it for 3 years

I'm afraid that window has come and gone

>gaming
>phone
What kind of cancer are you

How can I improve the Wi-Fi signal on my HTC 10? If I sit in my toilet I get about 2/4 bars where I got 3 or 4 on my last phone.

I haven't tried configuring Ipv6 or 5ghz or anything.

CM13 is now in early alpha for it so just watch that for the closest to stock

>I haven't tried configuring Ipv6
won't matter, this only care about the network after you get a signal

sounds like you might just have to deal with it having a slghtly less sensitive antenna though 5GHz might help a bit

>state of the art hardware when it was released
it was pretty much the ugliest flagship I've ever seen

>tfw ordered moto g4 plus last night
accurate

Yes. Wait for the v20

So what do we know about the Pixel so far? Specs/Dimensions..

That phone fucking turns me on i'm not gonna lie

What are the cons?

Overpriced.

>resurrection remix for the redmeme comes with adaway already installed
muh dik

Ugly, fuckhuge bezels

Any OnePlus X owners wanna share their experience with it? Pros and Cons

9to5google.com/2016/09/21/google-flexing-its-advertising-muscle-ahead-of-pixel-phones-october-4-launch-gallery/

So now that we know how serious Google is about marketing this as a third industry leader, have your expectation changed?

If Pixel is really replacing Nexus and it's the iPhone-priced iPhone everyone's saying it is...
what is the new "Nexus"?

Is there an android vanilla major hardware brand or manufacturer for US 4G networks at all anymore?

A) OnePlus 3
B) Galaxy S6

>pickone

Samsung has pushed advertisements to peoples phones, OnePlus openly allows rooting and custom ROMs without voiding the warranty, and you're getting (stuck with) AMOLED either way.

Please buy my flagships goyim

I've had a Note 7 since release, should I return it? I haven't had any spontaneous combustion.

How badly did I just fuck up, senpai?

inb4 no sdcard, I don't need one, I have Subsonic.
inb4 no nfc, I don't use that faggot ass apple pay shit

Holy shit you've explained it perfectly.

I'm telling myself that the iPhone SE, while expensive, still avoids the flagship bipolar disorder. It isn't made to impress. It's just good at what it does.

Seriously? Yes, you should return it. I'm pretty sure you can arrange to have the replacement shipped out immediately.

>No Headphone.

There's OnePlus

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

How long should I wait till the Pixel is under $400..?

Yeah, you really should have looked at that before buying a fucking rose gold gimmick.

Just rob a white boi.

>DHL

wew lad you gonna pay for custom, pray so you won't get caught.

well shit, what else works with AT&T LTE in the US?

forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/orig-development/wip-aosp-7-0-0-nexus-5-t3457442

>Google Shopping

where to get iphone se skins?

>cant save linked images on safari thanks to le ios 10 update

ok im done
this is the last straw
my phone is old and im gonna go buy an adroid tomorrow

fuck apple

wait for pixel

how long would i have to suffer to wait

monthish

worth upgrading from OPO to OP3?

Looking for a cheap smartphone for my pappa with good battery life.

Pic related is pretty cheap and iirc has been updated to marshmallow.

At this price is it worth it? Is it reliable?

/spg/ has a hardon for xiaomi phones. Especially the redmi 3 pro and the redmi note 3 pro. But they both come with chinkbotnet OS so you'd have to install a custom rom to get rid of it, which sucks desu.

>S6 edge was casually charging and left it for a while and then came back to a phone that is off and refuses to turn on or show anything responsive

Knew i should have sold this junk for the fact that the battery isn't removable

Chinkphones most get unofficial cyanmod and resurrection remix

No matter what hardware Samshit throws at it, Touchjizz still looks gay and runs like shit because the memory management is horrible, so you'll find your $700 device suddenly stuttering while doing relatively mundane shit. Also the glass back scratches extremely easily.

But this is cheap and has a big battery. It's like 50 aud cheaper

Cute but why no ZUK Z2 with a headphone jack?

U did gud

And 64gb for slightly more

/csg/ also has a hard on for the Oukitels, they should be fine, but iirc there's better big battery chinkphones, ask

>1080p
Why? I'd trade a headphone Jack for 1440p screen anyday.

I'll ask them. Cheers mate.

I can't fathom why you'd wanna not have a headphone jack, but I guess maybe you don't listen to music or consume any media in public at all?

>buy high end phone with 8 core CPU
>forced to use bluetooth earbuds that reduce sound quality significantly and have batteries to charge

>snapdragon 820
>8 cores

Your knowledge of processors is as flawed as your knowledge of wireless earphones.

And bigger battery

it comes with an adapter. big woop.

I have maybe one or two albums that I'll listen to every now and then... and bluetooth is fine for shitty stock speakers in my fiesta

Chink phones to USA are duty free.

Kay if you prefer 5.7" you did good. 1080p at 5" is satisfying 440ppi mate.

Using the S7 active, its nice.

4000mah is beast, case is pre-built onto phone

put I matte screen protector on it as well.

got it with the gear S2.

what's the best Android I can get for $200 or cheaper?

No more chinkshit for me.

What other 5.2"+, microsd and dev supported phones are there right now with actual customer support?

I don't need high-end SOCs, anything like the snapdragon 650 is more than enough for me.

I didn't buy the phone, that was just my opinion.

But yeah, bigger and higher resolution screen looks better but in a budget apple wannabe range of devices you'll have to make compromises

Why the fuck are hueg phones nowadays cheaper than small phones.

I just want a phone that's smaller than 4.3", has LTE, GPS+GLONASS, 2 GB RAM, SD card slot, no front facing hardware buttons, and a removable battery.

I absolutely don't want a phone that's larger than 4.3". Fuck that shit.

Is moto g4 still a good purchase?

>T-MOBILE
>Want to get back into Android

Went from a Sony Z1s to a Blackberry Classic. I delt with the shit specs longer than I thought but the browser doesn't support webms, and it doesn't recognize gifs or videos on Kik so I end up using an Android tablet anyway.

I want a nice phone thats responsive but I don't need to be spending $500+ on one. Less than 5" screen suggestions welcome. I was debating over the Moto g4 or X Plus. I like the curved back, higher res screen and front speakers of the X but it's older. Also saw the One Plus and I like but is the most expensive. Any other suggestions?

>not using CM13

Okay.

I remember using adb to set the installation path of my Kitkat devices to the microSD, so they installed there.
Does this still work on 5.1?

Someone gifted me a RN3P, but it's the 16GB version, and the ROM doesn't have any option to move apps to the SD.

If there's not, will I be able to move apps to the SD if I root it?
Or is installing CM the only way?

The UI for the HTC 10 is pretty vanilla anyway. Not obnoxiously done like Samsung's offering.
And this is from someone going from a Moto X Play to a HTC 10 so I know exactly what vanilla android is like.
The only thing I don't like about HTC 10's firmware is the default keyboard, but you can easily switch that back to stock android keyboard anyway.

Any reason to use that on my Redmi Note 3 over CM13? I was considering switching but it seems I have most of the RR tweaks including AdAway installed already with root and Xposed.

I hope next year's one is better

Nothing wrong with the display. Maybe you should blame your autistic standards. The z3c has many problems but the display (slightly blue) really isn't a problem. Also I really hope you don't expect 4.7 inch phones to have 1080p resolution.

chinkshit.

Post picture of hand holding a phone. Your hand busy literally be technigger tier if you want to have a phone that big.

I feel you bro.

Please Cred Forums give me a good reason I should not just buy the iPhone SE. It's fast and small and I think the unit will last me for 3 or 4 years.

Welp. Am I going to be cucked by Apple?

anyone have an xperia x? whats it like?

Does Pokemon Go work on modded phones?

So since my rn3p meme chinkshit is a non-charging brick now what do I buy?

Preferably from a company that at least answers emails, that would be neat.

Can someone tell me what's the m3p?
Searching on google doesn't bring me anything.

Redmi Note 3 Pro

>2016
>being a degenerate addict on 4chins

It depends from what you want to do with your phone, how you'll use it.
Like said, samsung load his devices with a lot of garbage, and he gave you a lot of useful tips.
Personally i like to take pics when i'm around, so some apps i use are vsco, snapseed and lenka.
Other good apps are Nova launcher, even the free version is good, you can try it before going with the prime version; airdroid, to move things from your phone to your pc with a wifi connection; whatsapp or telegram for sending messages (whatsapp is used by a lot of people, telegram is more useful but less used).
You can search for a guide of how to root your phone, but you should see if you really need to do it.
I'm sorry for your mother, user

Don't bother looking up chinkshit unless you love getting chinkd.

Oh no, I already have the RN3P.
Only flaw is I can't move apps to the SD.

Lucky you. Mine stopped charging and it's just a brick now. No response from xiaomi support either. Not even an automated response.

Welp, thank god I bought it from a store with warranty.

>Waited on Galaxy Note 5 to be released in the UK
>Never happened and was shit anyway
>Samsung say that the next Note will be released first in the UK
>September 2nd release date, couple weeks after US release
>Hand grenade bullshit happens
Is this a sign?
Should I just wait for the next google phone?

Sup guys, I was looking to upgrade from my s5 and decided to go big this time.
As I feel familiar with both IOS and android, I thought I give it to apple this time and buy an iphone. I'm torn between the iphone 7 and the 6s plus though since they're the same price here in Germany. I naturally would take the bigger screen, but does the 7 have any must have features?

On the other hand I was looking into the OP3 which is a lot cheaper and offers clear android but I'm favoring the iphones to be honest

Why didn't you just buy a S7 Edge?
Is pretty much the same thing but without the pencil gimmick.

>pocket-sized, removable battery, SD card slot and GLONASS instead of fucking aGPS

I know that feel brah, it's getting to the point where I'm thinking of giving up on the GPS issue and using a handheld GPS, it's not like the topo map apps are good enough for hiking anyway.

>but does the 7 have any must have features?
The water resistant thing, but it got rid of the headphone jack, so it's a downgrade.
The CPU is more powerful, but I don't know why would you need that extra bit of power for a phone, even in games the A9 is more than enough for anything.

In comparison to my s5 the 6s is lightening fast so I think that should be enough. Water resistance does not bother me as I never "used" it with my s5.

So should I pull the trigger on the 6s plus?

If you have the money, why not.
Just get one with enough storage.
Also, take a look at the Galaxy S7 or the Edge if you are willing to spend that much money.

Samsung will never be another option for me. Android is a great OS but samsung as a manufacturer is pure shit. The phone started to lagg after only 6 month of use even after I factory resetted it. The only thing worth mentioning is the battery life which is pretty ok.
Rest is utter crap

Same issue but with the redmi 3 pro instead.

I could have honestly, but wanted to wait to see what the specs for the Note would be like. By that time it was pretty close to release date so thought that I may as well wait.

I don't think Apple invented rounded rectangle but well idgaf. I'm comfy with a bit smaller phones and the le max 2 has downsides too mate meanwhile the ZUK has everything I want.

What's a good debotnetted rom?

cm with no gapps

is LENOVO ZUK Z2 worth it?
4GB RAM,
64GB
SNAPDRAGON 820

I got cucked hard since I got my S4 from Verizon, who decided to make it impossible to get true recovery. Hoping the Pixel or V20 is good...

>debotnetted
No such thing. Do NOT think you are not monitored if you're using any ROM that claims to be botnet-free.

Im considering on switching from Nokia Lumia 735 to Honor 7. Honor 7 costs about 300e is it worth it?
I like the honor 7 for the good camera and large battery.

5.2? Its 5"
I ordered it but it's obviously coming from china and they need 5-7 days just to pack it. I'll do a review - but well - in two or three weeks...

>watch iphone 7 review
>do I miss the headphone jack?
>no lol

Sometimes I wonder if we really are complete nerds for complaining about a missing headphonejack. Or does apple pay them for this? It's just ridiculous.

Then everyone independent talking about this is a nerd. Even radio stations bashed Apple for removing it. (Germany)

I just don't understand it. The 7 looks very nice overall but the missing headphonejack is a complete dealbreaker for me. I dont' want to buy special new headphones for that smartphone. Or use that shitty dongle adapter. What the fuck man.

Im also intrested in honor 7/8.
Is the software really bad?

I have a Huawei P8 and it's fine if you throw a launcher on it.

Okay, any recommendations? Im a noob on phones. Also is the huawei hardware reliable?

Hardware is very reliable, no problem.

As for the rec, if I were you I'd buy a nexus 5x.

If you go Huawei, the P8, P9 and Honor 8 are all good.

Beware tho, most people hate EMUI, I'd suggest watching a few videos to get an idea.

Ofcourse. I'm not going to store anything important on my phone. but surely there are some roms around with security and privacy in mind

Name a good, future-proof smartphone with Full HD (not higher) and expendable storage as well as a good camera for around 400€, please.

NEW