Pixel XL

>Google set to release new flagship
>a month after the iPhone
>new flagship phone is lower specced
>new phone costs more than previous releases and now is equal in price to the iPhone 7
>VR on my phone is even a bigger meme than "we removed the headphone jack"
>tfw I want to jump ship now
how long until Android/Google catch up to Apple?

-2 years

>tfw snapdragon 820 is already outdated
Still no new news on any upcoming SoC?

>820
nigga the 821 is already outdated

it's pretty fucking pathetic how a phone with a flagship tier CPU (SD820), 6gb of ram (OP3) still loses in a speed test to a phone that's still technically a dual-core with 2gb of ram in every single usage scenario.

Why the fuck do people bother buying lagdroid shit?

Why do you think they do it?

Because I'm tired of Apple telling me what I like and want in a phone. I don't want to need to say in survival mode to maintain my jailbreak when a new iOS is released.

It's my phone. I should have optional root access and customization options out of the box.

yeah, how many Android phones let you do that, though? Not counting generic chinkshit phones. Most of the popular Android phones require waiting a long time before some pajeet/xhian unlocks the bootloader

When you buy the current Apple phone, you are guaranteed to have the best camera, speed, app support, latest firmware available. Can you say the same thing about any other Android phone?

I like to own my device.

you do own your iPhone, you can jail break it eventually. You're acting as if rooting your phone and unlocking the bootloader is so easy on certain Android phones. Some Android phones are never bootloader unlocked or rooted.

>said the boy while accepting EULA's on Google's products

That's why I'm leaving iPhone for Nexus/Pixel. I'm not big on the whole camera thing, but I understand people's qualms with it.

I'm almost certainly buying a Pixel XL on October 4th. But if I'm extremely let down, like it doesn't have a readily unlockable bootloader, I'm buying a Nexus 6p off the site. I've been with Apple and jailbreaking since iOS 4 and it has handled almost all my needs. But I don't want to rely on the intelligence and interest of others to do something as simple as theme my icons, much less altering any other aspect of iOS.

Yes, most aren't smart enough to write the programs for rooted Androids either. But waiting for a jailbreak to be compiled if I get my phone wet and get an unjailbreakable firmware is a much higher dependency.

Stock Android > stock iOS.

I'll be honest i never tried a jailbroken device, my only experience with iOS was the iPhone 6 that i had for a couple of months and felt restricted as fuck, didn't even have a file explorer.

I'll pick an iPhone over a stock non-rooted Android all day though.

>rooting your phone and unlocking the bootloader is so easy on certain Android phones
It is, however as you said only on certain phones.

>Some Android phones are never bootloader unlocked or rooted
Then if your goal is doing that why the fuck would you buy those models?

I don't use gapps or gmail/a google account.

>eventually

And this is a Pixel XL thread. Nexus, and presumably Pixel, will always be able to root.

you're still getting subpar performance for the price, not to mention terrible resale value. The latest iPhones are always top of the line flagships, whereas Android "flagships" are always a step behind. Cramming more cores and RAM isn't helping either.

No sane person would pay $650 for a Pixel phone when they can get an iPhone for the same price.

I'm considering getting an iPhone as my next phone. Tired of Android

Performance doesn't matter when you're limited by an OS. If I wanted to look at Twitter quickly I would get an iPhone again.

I'm not switching for specs, I'm switching for Android.

The biggest drawback for me leaving iPhones is the jailbreaking verses the rooting communities. Everyone is helpful and the programs are streamlined on /r/jailbreak because were typically only dealing with one major iOS rather than several different iterations of the same operating system across several devices. However, with the ~180 packages running on my iPhone, at least half of them are built in with stock Android.

As a developer, android is much nicer to use.

as a normal person with no biases or allegiances, iOS is faster and more user friendly to use

Isn't that what matters most?

>developing Java is nice
i'm no fan of Objective-C of meme-tier swift but java is absolut dogshit. Google needs to fork it already.

iOS is very user friendly. But that's because "it just works." I want my phone to do more than just work. I want it to be the pocket computer that it is.

Cause we h@ck3rs now

>I'm not switching for specs, I'm switching for Android.
>goes on to explain that the Android community is shit and support sucks
so wait, why are you switching again?

what kind of "computing" do you plan to do on your phone?

>protip: using your phone as a flashdrive is not "computing"

FPBP

>VR on my phone is even a bigger meme than "we removed the headphone jack"
But you still have a headphonejack, and VR

>VR is a meme
>you still have the headphone jack
I give it a year and you won't anymore.

How does the support suck? Because your carrier and manufacturer both blow and add unimaginable bloatware and slow updates to a crawl?

As it was said before this is a PIXEL thread. Meaning no one gives a shit about you and your S7 not seeing nougat for months.

Much like Allo, the Pixel Phones are destined to flop too.

Assuming the pricing that's been leaked is true.

>How does the support suck?
>The biggest drawback for me leaving iPhones is the jailbreaking verses the rooting communities. Everyone is helpful and the programs are streamlined on /r/jailbreak because were typically only dealing with one major iOS rather than several different iterations of the same operating system across several devices.

holy shit read what you type

>Because your carrier and manufacturer both blow and add unimaginable bloatware and slow updates to a crawl?

on an iPhone?

>As it was said before this is a PIXEL thread. Meaning no one gives a shit about you and your S7 not seeing nougat for months.

S7?? where are you getting this from??

>the Pixel Phones are destined to flop too.
companies make products to lose money
????

Google wants in on the "entry level luxury item" meme. Shame there's only room for 2 brands of any given product to command such prices. In this case, it's Samsung and Apple. Everyone else is cheap chinkshit.

>Waaah Android rooting is baaad
What is cf autoroot

fuchia will solve it

>replacing Android will fix Android
I agree

>Samsung
not cheap iPhone chinkshit

>exploding batteries