Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasi#Zersetzung
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>he's a hero
>on the internet
>on an anime video platform
>he does it for free
>he takes his "job" very seriously
>he does it because it is the only amount of power & control he will ever have in his pathetic life
>he flags videos he doesn't like because whenever he gets upset he has an asthma attack
>he flags videos he doesn't like because they interfere with the large backlog of little girl chinese cartoons he still has to watch
>he will never have a real job
>he will never move out of his parent's house
>he will never be at a healthy weight
>he will never know how to cook anything besides a hot pocket
>he will never have a girlfriend
>he will never have any friends

the real question is:
Why would they need a service like that?

This was not Google idea

They had a meeting with representatives of the advertising industry who demanded this kind of measures.

You know some leddit moron is going to fuck shit up and pin the blame on us again

>be me
>become high level youtube "hero"
>run service offering to take down videos of YouTubers
>make shekels from asshurt 12 year old kids using mom's credit card
>i can actually get away with this shit

>18,546 views
>742
>8,357
mfw

Looks like you can contribute by providing closed-captioning and subtitles to videos as well. That's cool.

All-in-all, this looks like it could make YouTube more accountable to its userbase. Giving people who've been doing a good job a direct line of contact with YouTube staff is pretty interesting. More ways to get a hold of the actual humans who work at YouTube has been something that a lot of people have been wanting for ages.

The big-name video creators like h3h3, Phillip DeFranco, Boogie2988, etc. that have wanted YouTube to change and become more responsive should be celebrating this and calling for their fans and subscribers to sign up in the hopes that large swaths of users can finally hold the company accountable for when they do stupid bullshit.

well as YouTube and the Internet in general grow, having a dedicated team for administrating a site becomes more and more difficult

those methods of community curation are very delicate because policies will be abused a lot

i could do this just to piss of normies.
Do these "points" come as Google Play rewards where i can pay with said points for apps?

where did the other thread go?

>they'll do it for free AND for the botnet

and I thought Cred Forums's mods were bad.

Snitches get stitches. Motherfuckers will pay with their skin.

to put the illusion of control into the hands of people

>hey what's up guys its scarce here

>asking why google is encouraging people to voluntarily do unpaid labour for them

hm i wonder why....

Because mob rule is the best way to moderate content.

You missed the part where you can just flag all the videos you want after making a couple hundred subtitles, right? You could make a heroes account at LV3 in a week if you're autistic enough.

This is just like the child "Spies" from 1984.

>report your family and Big Brother might even personally thank you!

I miss the old youtube. This seems to be the direction the internet is heading in general now

>mass flagging of videos

fucking hell, sjws will be all over this

So, their "perks" are being able to beta test new youtube products? You'd think they'd at least reward people with something like free youtube red, free movie rentals, etc... for putting out actual labor. You know, something that can at least be considered to have monetary value (even if shitty monetary value).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasi#Zersetzung

this seems like it can be used for evil.

The botnet is no longer controlled by computers anymore, it is controlled by humans as well now.

>script bot to do regular hero stuff
>Make bunch of high lvl accounts
>Sell to butthurt fags and memestars for $$

>Become hero level 3 after adding tons of useless captions to videos
>Mass flag and moderate all of the popular channels videos and comments.
>Partner networks go apeshit, and thousands of dollars are lost.
>Program is cancelled and some news site makes an article reminding people again the internet can not be trusted.

PLS

Same, it's like watching something getting too morbidly massive for it's own good.

awesome, giving the worst kind of people power over other people. this will turn in to a huuuge shitshow.

MOOT WHAT DID YOU DO?

To take the heat off them for their recent changes to who's allowed to be monetized.

They just don't want to implement a proper moderation and customer support because it would cost money

kek

>click link
>scroll down
The comments are disabled.

>suggesting people to become an hero

it "works" for reddit

We should raid that shit, so that youtube stop fucking the platform

F O R F R E E

>We should raid that shit
go back to Cred Forums

For what purpose?

Perfect reference for the next Cred Forums janitor application. You can now say you have done work for youtube/google under the previous experience section.

Thought control, which leads to more money.

Meanie comments & videos = Hurt feefees = Less ad revenue

This isn't merely for deleting illegal content, YT's report function is vague as fuck and it allows you to report stuff for disagreeing with you.

> They will do it for free

|
>
|
|

Jewtube is making some very bad decisions

Swearing and profanity in videos drives up view count

This attempt to create a safe space is bullshit

Fuck off leafy

Also I think this whole shitfest was started by leafy

>he does it for free

This is the thing that gets me. Google makes billions you damn well know they could toss a little money into this and get people doing this as their job from home like the people that make videos. Making it free just invites people to fuck around because they're not invested.

This is actually a good idea, I still don't understand how Youtube doesn't have moderators..

I did lol at the top perk being "You get to test our features first!".. I'm a developer and that sounds like work to me, no thank you!

Honestly, we've got to raid this shit before the SJWs do. Let's show YouTube how terrible this idea is by example

ask Cred Forums.
They might help.

Exactly.
Everything a big company does is for profit and pretty much that alone. As a legal fiction a corporation exists for one reason and that is to make profit for its shareholders.

With this initiative they can censor "controversial" content whereby hopefully gaining more traffic and increasing revenue without paying moderators or taking direct blame for takedowns.

Truly diabolical.

you know what to do

Who is leafy?

Remember when people actually made content because they thought it was funny and all they wanted was internet fame

Now they just make click bait shit to get more of that jewtube ad revenue.