Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG (embed)
Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

kbdist.com/mod-switches
originativeco.com/products/tada68
ebay.co.uk/itm/mechanical-keyboard-/152248978753?hash=item2372bf0d41:g:ohIAAOSwOyJX4WRP
ebay.co.uk/itm/steelseries-6gv2-mechanical-keyboard-/361740309949?hash=item54396715bd:g:QjYAAOSwLnBX4vE3
ebay.co.uk/itm/222250560960?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
youtube.com/watch?v=CDTJGaAefLs
ldlc.com/navigation/ducky one/
ebay.co.uk/itm/Goldtouch-Technologies-USB-Numeric-Keypad-Hub-Cherry-MX-Brown-Black-GTC-0077-/131931136895?hash=item1eb7b5637f:g:DwIAAOSw9IpXzzwv
keyboardco.com/category.asp?sr=&sg=U&ss=lh&rtv=100
ebay.co.uk/itm/Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-104-keys-USB-Wired-for-PC-Computer-Laptop-/262624950997?hash=item3d25aabad5:g:KK8AAOSwCGVX2PFC
ebay.co.uk/itm/ELEMENT-BERYLLIUM-MECHANICAL-KEY-BOARD-/142118522606?hash=item2116ec8eee:g:kjkAAOSwr7ZW4wH8
ebay.co.uk/itm/302057702404?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
youtu.be/pb5M8nXUdCY
geekwhack.org/index.php?topic=83635.0
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/canada_shopping_guide
amazon.com/104-Key-Illuminated-Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlighting/dp/B00LV5P2N8
kickstarter.com/projects/andromium/the-superbook-turn-your-smartphone-into-a-laptop-f
amazon.co.uk/Razer-BlackWidow-Mechanical-Keyboard-Construction/dp/B01DCMNQSU
massdrop.com/buy/zinc-gold-or-silver-modifiers?mode=guest_open
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/50mdnx/review_noppoo_choc_mini_rgb_with_noppoo_blue/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

in for new memes

when will white pok3r mx blues comes back in stock?

Is there another 60%ish board that is all aluminum i can buy instead?

Tell me one reason not to get a Dell KM636

Is this PBT?

are you addicted to using those plastic flossers as much as i am?

>optional backlight with different modes for aesthetic purposes
>extremely solid construction
>compact layout that minimizes or does away with unimportant keys
>dyesubbed 1.5mm PBT cherry profile stock keycaps
>switches from a reputable OEM
>classic colorway that will never go out of style
>none of that disgusting new windows logo
>compact while style retaining navigation keys
>fully programmable

The tada68, just in it's stock form, is probably the most well designed keyboard that I've come across so far.

post more sluts with chokers and I might tell you

thoughts on the new redditor """""topre"""" switches from originativeco?

kbdist.com/mod-switches

is that this? originativeco.com/products/tada68

i might buy one in gateron red

How about a IOGEAR Quietus RF?

Why do you want a spray painted aluminum case?

Just get any other 60% and an anodized aluminum case for it if you want it that badly.

I dunno, this is the mechanical keyboard thread. We don't discuss rubber dome keyboards here.

Yes, I can tell from the pixels and the way it breaks the light.

>tactile pleasure
sounds like fun

I'd rather see some force graphs though. They spend multiple paragraphs talking about switch modding and only one on vaguely describing how the switches feel. No mention of what they're comparable to or anything of the sort.

I'm generally rather skeptical of mx-style tactiles, these sound like another iteration of feelios to me.
Is the OEM gateron again or is it someone else this time?

non-standard bottom row and known for a plethora of issues.

Though if it's your first and you can get it at that price, it's acceptable enough.

Just don't get browns.

oh i just got blank caps and immediately threw them in the garbage because i hate gateron PBT

i thought i had ordered it in ISO for extra memes but i guess not
looks like i could just switch it over

>We found a manufacturer, MOD, who said they would take upon the challenge

Not Gateron, thank god. I think these have potential. Won't be wobbly as shit like Zealios at least.

Are greens any good? I have and i am currently using blues, i have been thinking of getting greens on the TEX Yoda when it drops.

Anyone got any tips for a cheap, decent keycap set for the motospeed ck104? The default one looks like shit.

>because i hate gateron PBT
Not enough texture or what do you dislike about these keycaps? Apart from minor imperfections on with legend alignment on one or two caps I can't really complain.

>I think these have potential
Hopefully they'll be more interesting than the sluggios.

bars and dished
fucking come one
i can't deal with that

>bars and dished
The only complaint I have in this regard is that the J keycap is actually not dished on mine. Contacted originative and they're sending me a replacement.

I don't even notice that the F key is dished when typing. What disturbs you so much about it?

>MOD switch
>copper click leaf

Cherry style switches don't use click leaves tho...

what is some good keycaps to put on the tada 68?

Huh, interesting. I flew right over that part as I saw "copper" and "leaf" and assumed that it was about the switch contacts.

Very interesting actually, now I want to see a diagram of those switches. And a force graph.

Most keycap sets that you'll find which actually accommodate for a layout this non-standard will probably already be high quality, so this isn't really something you have to worry about.

The other question is why you'd want to replace the stock keycaps. It's cherry profile, dyesubbed thick PBT. Why would you even want to go to the trouble of finding something else?

it's just wrong and reminds me that they're made by chinamen who don't give a fuck
they copy cherry but then put bars on the dished keys
that's just so wrong

anyway i don't much like PBT

GMK

Why does these caps have PBT on yop but are smooth on the side? Is it just a layer of PBT on top or is it just smooth beacuse its supposed to?

you understand that pbt is a type of plastic right?

when the FUCK is the planck gonna go on massdrop again

They put expensive PBT on top because it makes it feel better and use cheap ABS for the rest because they don't really care for true quality. It's a very common practice, and easily spotted if you look closely at your keycaps.

Can someone find me a wireless mechanical keyboard, full layout, rather small (no huge bezels or anything) that has silent switches?

hon

i like the font

i accedentally choose blank keycaps so i want to change them

y-you too

Old versus new

oui oui fromage peinture, madame hon hon hon hon gateux chateau putin

Please move your country somewhere else so it doesn't border with mine and so that future generations won't be forced to learn it anymore.

ffs

this was intended for And you even have a better selection of beer over there, despite us being right under Germany and you being the country of wine. Baisez-vous, s.v.p.
Or at least send me some belgian beer.

I take it you're Swiss
stop stealing our rich people pls, they have taxes to pay here

hey can you do this

Ç

What is the best brown switch keyboard if you are on a budget? Don't want to spend over $100, it's a tad much if it is.

I can't desu, I'd need my numpad

I know you can't

when is france going to replace that horrible layout

There's literally nothing wrong with azerty

it's terrible. i remember when i was over to lyon for a student exchange, and had to use their keyboards for a while...
it's like, soo counter-intuitive. and when i got back, i had to relearn qwertz :(

Sooooo, your complaints are basically "I'm not used to it so it's bad"?

yes

fair enough

well, technically, it's also bad because why the fuck would i need to hold shift in order to type numbers? especially on keyboards without numpad. so, apart from me not being used to it, it's also a bad design choice.

Makes more sense than needing to type shift everytime you want to type é, è, ç, à
It's absolutely not a bad design choice if you're typing in French

I think I'm gonna try building a keyboard from scratch. I'm good with electronics and can design and manufacture a board, can even program the controller (doing all that is the main reason I want ot build it).
Switches and keycaps I can order.
The main problem is the chasis. I can't do carpentry, casting or metalworks. Can I buy or order a full body somewhere? I want ISO 104k and at least some choices of materials, colors, etc...

I want blank keycaps, what are the best and not stupidly expensive options?

wheee, sure enough. but i want mah numbers.

Just find out if you habe standard layout and profile and go ebay some PBT caps

Are you trying to recreate that "guy take photo of object" thing?

yes

f122 finally arrived, still waiting on f107. I hate shipping to and from america.

Those windows keys

I just want the prettiest keyboard that is backlit and has letters on front instead of up. I like minimalistic desings and hate when you can see invidual leds from underneath the board. What should I get?

Britbong mkg virgin here

Which one of these should I buy?

ebay.co.uk/itm/mechanical-keyboard-/152248978753?hash=item2372bf0d41:g:ohIAAOSwOyJX4WRP

ebay.co.uk/itm/steelseries-6gv2-mechanical-keyboard-/361740309949?hash=item54396715bd:g:QjYAAOSwLnBX4vE3

ebay.co.uk/itm/222250560960?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

learn to do stuff yourself then, instead of being a lazy, whiny shit mr. $1000 membrane

Were those old ass keyboards we had at school mechanical ? I remember the heavy clicks they made and felt nice. The Sony Vaio keyboards with the slim keys also feel pretty nice and responsive. But most new keyboards are kinda.. soft.

no idea what exactly you are looking for, but keycaps are very easy to change. When you say minimalist do you mean that any extra keys like numpads are gone?

none

What do I do if I want to basically have a Quickfire XT but without shitty gamer font keycaps and spend less than a $100? The keyboard itself is $90.

I'd buy a Rosewill RK9000V2 but I'm not from the US.

What make is this one? I want to Google it.

buy a ducky one. Its costs around 90-100 and has dye-sub PBT keycaps

No thanks :) I'd rather pay people to do a good job and have more time to myself

Not available anywhere in Europe.
Shipping costs a million dollars.
I'd gladly buy it if I could.

You need to go somewhere else

one of the very first things i got when I googled it was this:
youtube.com/watch?v=CDTJGaAefLs
Its an Aula king keyboard

You need to stop being a butthurt poorfag

Depends what you're looking for.
Fullsize, tenkeyless, linear or clicky

You've posted a clicky tkl, a heavy linear fullsize and a light linear tkl

>Not available anywhere in Europe
duckychannel.com. (tw) /en/partners.html
I found a one in a french online store. Where in Europe are you?

Yea i'm just browsing Ebay for a cheapo one, if I like it i'll prolly buy a better

I need a full sized, with number pad since i'm using it all the time in my work, also I want it not to be noisy (office work)

What do you recommend my good man?

ldlc.com/navigation/ducky one/

not that hard to find one bro.
Also they have Nordic ISO ones if you need them like pic related

I have a cnc machine, how could I be butthurt about anything

Poland, I guess I could buy it from Germany but the German store sells it for 130€.

Time to whine about shipping and repost pics on mkg?

Well spent, alright.

well all mechanical keyboards are loud if you bottom out all the time. Either get a quite switch like matias quiet pro, those are expensive keyboards but they are quieter then rubber domes. Or get a very heavy linear switch and get some dampeners

lol you call that a cnc machine that's a baby toy

Doesn't look like your cnc machine is doing a good job
I think you'd be annoyed too if you have to wait about 2 months. As for re-posting the same thing, that's literally what most people do on most Cred Forums generals. You must be new.

serious question, are you autistic?

I wouldn't be annoyed because I have the actual skill to do these simple solder mods myself.

Go cry for sympathy on Reddit, your attention seeking bullshit fits in much better there.

i think i'm going to go for this one since it ends in 1hr and it's cheap plus cherry switches which are meant to be good

..why are you on this board lol..

Maybe. I have a cnc machine in my garage that blown to bits. Only the low power motor works

How wonderful for you! I on the other hand have the money to pay other people to do it for me.

What MK is a good choice for a tablet? Something 60% I assume.

Do any work with an ipad?

I like making you fags jealous

does it cut big rocks tho?

I thought you wanted to get a full size keyboard, but of all the ones you posted I gues you can go for that.

You should cut yourself with it

It can probably cut through almost anything. I need to shorten a steel axial just buy a tiny bit. I decided not to use any coolant since it was only 1/8 of an inch that I was cutting and I ended up setting the thing on fire.

You keep trying to tie your worth to a handful of keyboards (that you keep reposting daily).

That really says it all, right there.

i might just get this as an add-on

ebay.co.uk/itm/Goldtouch-Technologies-USB-Numeric-Keypad-Hub-Cherry-MX-Brown-Black-GTC-0077-/131931136895?hash=item1eb7b5637f:g:DwIAAOSw9IpXzzwv

Yup, just got started with milling aluminum this afternoon. Going to try out more stuff tomorrow and see what works best.

Having a more powerful drill would be nice, but getting it to work nicely as is shouldn't be all too much of a problem either.

It's a rotating head with three axis's to move, I dunno what else than a CNC machine you'd call that.
But yes, it's rather on the small side of things. Building a bigger one once I have the money should be fun.

That's boring as shit though. Does your only relation with technology lie in your consumerism?

maybe if it wasn't broken again

wait with that kind of money you can just buy a brand new full size mechanical keyboard. You are paying £60 and that doesn't include shipping. Just buy a new keyboard that has free shipping with that kind of money

sorry bruv, you gotta ship it off for someone else to fix it now.

i cant find any mechanical keyboards with cherry switches for that price

And yet you can't afford to buy the boards I have

he's too poor for that, he'll slave away trying to fix it instead

Yes please.

It's funny how you just confirmed his statement with that one sentence.

must've bought a crystal ball along with your 1000 membrane. keep at it, miss cleo.

>That's boring as shit though. Does your only relation with technology lie in your consumerism?
Oh I got the thing for free then I bought a used low power motor. The whole z axis is completely broken and right now I'm not gonna spend the money to fix the whole thing. The lathe is all what I use anyway.

Oh my bad, that was supposed to be directed at this () guy.

What do you use the lathe for?

it's a bit too large to fit in an international flat rate box

With shipping you probably were gonna pay around 70 for used shit, but for the same price you can but a brand new keyboard with free shipping
keyboardco.com/category.asp?sr=&sg=U&ss=lh&rtv=100

He confirmed that he is too poor to buy a keyboard.
'1000 membrane' is better than your 60% meme trash

i don't use a 60%, your crystal ball's malfunctioning already. better send it off to murica.

Just disassemble it and ship it in pieces.

Is that your pok3r?

Hello again, mind telling me what your relation to technology is and why you're on this board?
Apart from your consumerism.

no it's some cherry garbage
i've replaced that with some other garbage with cherry blacks

better than this

>with some other garbage
The WASD V2?

dunno what is more amusing, buying a off brand gamer brand board or buying razor

Pink LED's? And you're questioning why I'm here? LOL.

no some cheap one with a track pad

it's got some rubber cover under the keys that give the mx blacks a tactile feel
also doubleshot dcs profile

>Pink LED's?
Yes.
You don't need the apostrophe there. The plural of LED is LEDs.

>And you're questioning why I'm here?
Obviously so. Is your reading comprehension as lacking as your understanding of punctuation?

>it's got some rubber cover under the keys that give the mx blacks a tactile feel
Interesting.
Who the hell makes that thing?

idk
i'll take a picture next time i walk out

Make sure to take a closer look at the whole rubber thing while you're at it.

I want to know why someone took linear switches and added rubber to make them tactile.

The fact you use pink LED's is just laughable, please leave. Oh and is that a single bed LOL, you must have a pretty dull life.

>I want to know why someone took linear switches and added rubber to make them tactile.
because it's an industrial keyboard and it gives some liquid protection

it also makes the keys very heavy
and i think the spacebar is a grey which along with the rubber makes it god awful

are we talking "my net worth is a handful of keyboards" dull?

or "repost them daily until people approve of me" dull?

Which one of you cunts put a bid in!?

I am not going to go over £50 for this

We're talking virgin with a single bed sleeping with his pink keyboard dull.

>not sleeping with your precious keyboards
>not caressing them softly as you read them a good-night story

You truly are nothing but a consumerist.

Also
>LED's
>LOL
Your stupid is showing.

Enjoy being alone

Thanks, that's what I'm doing right now actually.

thoughts?

ebay.co.uk/itm/Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-104-keys-USB-Wired-for-PC-Computer-Laptop-/262624950997?hash=item3d25aabad5:g:KK8AAOSwCGVX2PFC

Where did you get that phone stand?

Gearbest.

Look for mitu phone stand or something of the sort.

Tomoko is not that bad for a cheap keyboard. It uses Outemu switches which are one of the better cherry clones out there

Thanks, it's really cute.

Yeah, I always imagine him training his legs while I'm gone so that he can hold my phone for all the time that I'm home.

when buying the tada68, should I go for gateron or the MOD? whats the difference?

Gateron is your regular old cherry knockoff that's cheaper and smoother than the original.

MOD is some newfangled switch that even originative doesn't seem to know shit about, or at least they can't even be bothered to show a force curve or a diagram of the switches on their website. Apparently they use a copper leaf, similarly to how alps work in terms of tactility I presume.

Hell I'm just going to send them an email and ask about those diagrams, I want to know how that shit looks like.

These are basically identical keyboards, right?

ebay.co.uk/itm/ELEMENT-BERYLLIUM-MECHANICAL-KEY-BOARD-/142118522606?hash=item2116ec8eee:g:kjkAAOSwr7ZW4wH8

ebay.co.uk/itm/302057702404?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Made by the same chinks, just slapped a different label on yea?

what switches are you using in your tada and how do you like them? the only switch ive tried so far are mx browns, which i like. but if i were to get a new board i would most likely go with some other switches just to try something new out. no idea of which gaterons i would pick though.

no. the tomoko one uses outemu while E-elemnt uses kailh

I've got gateron clears in mine, which I'm enjoying a whole lot, though I worthy recommend them to everyone, they're 35g linears, so typos or double taps can occur quite easily depending on what you're doing. I really like the feeling of them though, it feels like I'm typing on pillars of air.

I heard good things about gateron browns, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

Personally, I enjoy most mx-style switches except for browns and blues, so if you were to ask me for a recommendation off the top of my head, I'd just tell you to get gateron blacks if you want something heavier, or reds if you want something lighter. If you want ultra-light you can also take the plunge with the clears, you can't really go wrong with linears imo.

Just don't complain to me if you end up disliking them.

Have any of the MX clones (gateron, zealio, anything else I'm missing) beaten a lubed [ergo] clear in terms of feel?

no

What about all that shit about the zealios having smoother stems (which I could see helping for the large bump on clears)?

Not really. I didn't even bother lubing that one ergo clear in my switch collection and it beats the shit out of the feelio.

Maybe the MOD switches will change that.

>Maybe the MOD switches will change that
I kind of want to buy one, but It sounds like that its just an alps clone with a cherry stem. I can't find any documentation explaining it. Maybe someone here can help me find it.

have zealios, i don't mind them, but their tactility doesn't compare to cherry clears

well.... this is all that exists as far as i can tell
¯\_( ˙͜>˙)_/¯

youtu.be/pb5M8nXUdCY

Is that just due to the smoothness of the stem? 'Cause the bump on them looks identical to clears to me.

oh hey it's that guy that pissed geek hack off

geekwhack.org/index.php?topic=83635.0

It's novice shittalk and novice design by Gateron/Zealio. Cherry puts and INTENTIONAL texture on their switch stems, so that there is always a small amount of perceptible tactility at your fingertip as the switch moves down, otherwise your brain will not really know that you've pressed the switch 1mm further in the last 500ms. Gateron just copied the exterior dimensions of the MX stem and didn't have the experience to notice and comprehend this subtle design point.

that makes perfect sense

i had some other autismo tell me the texture actually reduces friction and that gaterons will start squeaking and sticking because it doesn't have that super special patented german technology texture

Interdasting. Guess I'll just be keeping the mx clears my ergodox.

idk fàm, all i can say is i have 78g zealios and cherry clears in front of me now and i can tell you they don't even really compare in tactility

zealios are much smoother (havent lubed my clears yet) tho

kek, yup forgot about that

fucking hell man those guys sound retarded.
Ask a simple question and then get non answers.
How hard is it to give proof

> Personally, I enjoy most mx-style switches except for browns and blues...you can't really go wrong with linears imo.

So edgy.

I'm sorry but you post count is simply not high enough for you to be not treated like literal garbage

please go and make useless one word posts until your post count is high enough for you to be treated with any respect by our long time members with higher post counts than you

>keyboards

autism

thank god Cred Forums is anonymous.

going to buy the new tada meme keyboard in gateron clears

How much do you weigh tripfag?

Asking for a friend.

but what does that have to do with anything involving keyboards

I believe there is something to the texture extending the life of the switch as well - as it will actually reduce plastic surface to plastic surface contact. Perhaps you've read about "vintage" MX switches being smoother, the texture has probably worn down. Cherry has been a leader in in the market a very long time for a reason. Good design.

I don't know but I'll be generous and guess 170 lbs

not sure 'vintage' blacks had the texture to begin with

anyway it's speculation until there's some proof that gaterons develop issues
as far as i know that hasn't happened yet

close enough

where can i get a tkl back lit keyboard brown switch in canada?

im looking at the ducky one tkl but only ncix sells them and they only have the one without backlit

amazon has shit selection for tkl and the other websites are garbage too. is importing my only choice? fuck man, 2nd largest country by landmass and i cant get a keyboard i want

I don't know what your budget is but maybe this can help
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/canada_shopping_guide

POK3R with Brown MX or Clear MX?
or
WASDKeyboard with Brown MX or Clear MX?

I've never really tried either style but they seem the most suitable for me.

>buy switch tester
>like topre - buy hhkb
>like cherry mx - buy ___

fill in the blank /mkg/

Ducky

clears have an extended tactile bump which makes them feel nicer then browns

Filco is the only correct answer

i love my tada

except for the part where it didn't come configured properly and the keycap profiles were incorrect.

not like some caps were switched, there are just extra fucking caps of the incorrect rows.

Right. So, why 90's cherry clears didnt have this INTENTIONAL texture?

hhkb

Have you looked at the Cherry stems up close? That's not a consistent texturing; it's mold wear.

people seem to prefer the smoother stems tho. how do you know it's not just that the old ass cherry molds have deformed over time

look what came today

Gay.

We know you are a homosexual you don't have to constantly tell us.

>liking a pink keycap set makes me gay
damn i never knew, guess its time to come out hahahaaa

It doesn't make you gay, but that is something a homosexual would do.

It's just putting 2 and 2 together

i think mine comes tomorrow, I really wanted to pair it with a white pok3r with mx blues. but they all out of stock everywhere

why live.

The real answer is a custom but also:

Filco
KUL
Ducky Shine
Deck Legend
Das 3 maybe? Never tried
Leopold maybe again never tried

yeah ive been trying to find a noppoo nano 75 s in white but cant get it in canada

>import a bunch of chinkboards
>sell them on amazon
>amazon does most of the work for you
>???
>profit!

idk if the market is there in canada but if you only got like a few hundred in it'd probably work out well

how'd I do boys?

I literally cannot fucking choose something to buy. I don't even have a strict budget, but It's just impossible to choose my first set of switches.

I'm using close to whites at the moment.

>Cherry
You fucked up

how is it that hard?
its not like theres that much overlap in what the kays do, just make a list of pros/cons

>TKL
you fucked up1

I was thinkign of using cherry clears, do you have a good rec for that? I've read through the OP material but can't settle on one or two to choose from.

clears are great, dont make too much noise and feel good
buy them

amazon.com/104-Key-Illuminated-Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlighting/dp/B00LV5P2N8

So this?

What's wrong with TKL?

It's a meme

Here fag

kickstarter.com/projects/andromium/the-superbook-turn-your-smartphone-into-a-laptop-f

why is 65% layout so much more popular than 75%? does the space saved by removing a single row really outweigh the loss of the dedicated function keys and the option to have cable pathing on the underside (i'm not aware of any 60/65% boards with usb connection underneath)?

it seems most people who prefer 75% are stuck with rebadged keycool 84 boards. the build quality on those definitely feels a lot worse than your typical leopold (not to mention the use of bad cherry clones like greetech or outemu).

That literally means nothing.

65% is cute

Keyboards aren't cute.

>i dont think something is cute therefore it objectively isn't
damn u got him gud hahaaa

Fkeys are fucking retarded

choc mini is fine

no they're not

yes they are

there's no point in not having them except if you need it to be as portable as possible because you don't keep it on the same desk all the time

If you don't use them there is no point in using them

even if you're a total scrub you can bind copy/paste to F1/F2 and you can use F5 refresh and F11 fullscreen

and you can bind F keys to facebook and twatter and discord and whatever normie shit you do

Why would you bind copy paste to f1 and f2

why wouldn't you do it you insufferable retard

Because it's retarded

just use ctrl c and v
or shift insert

kill yourself

keep rationalizing why you don't have any use for a row of easily reachable programmable keys

Because I really don't ever touch them
they're too far from the normal keys to be accessible in a fast way

i was considering buying a poker 3 or a refurbished 10keyless IBM model M, but i am broke as fuck at this point. right now i'm using an old Power Mac Pro G4's keyboard and it's pretty satisfying.

on a 75% board they're right above the number keys, you'd have to be a super manlet to not be able to reach them quickly

Not him, but swapping capslock and l-ctrl makes ctrl+c/x/v/z significantly easier.

i use caps as ctrl for other key combos but copy/paste is important enough to use dedicated keys for

What keyboards have this format? Closest I've come by is this one, which feels amazing enough that I went and purchased a V60 with Matias click switches.

and Fkeys are good for other things if you do anything productive such as running the program you're developing

Budget 1hundo to 1fiddy £
UK
Hook me up fellas

no

amazon.co.uk/Razer-BlackWidow-Mechanical-Keyboard-Construction/dp/B01DCMNQSU

noppoo choc mini 84
keycool hero 84
plum 84
ajazz ak33

or you were asking about the 65% in OP?

the one in OP specifically, or any keyboard with that exact layout. i have to imagine it's one of those korean custom keyboards... thanks for the reply but i am pretty savvy on the options you listed:

i do actually own a noppoo choc mini 86 in gateron browns
the keycool hero 84 no longer comes in anything but kailh switches from massdrop unfortunately
plum 84 i believe is a clone from alibaba at which point i might as well get a noppoo (which i did)
and im not very keen on the ctrl/alt-sized arrow keys of the ajazz ak33 (if my memory serves correctly)

>Taste in switches is now edgy

>There is some disagreement over how to properly touch type on the numeric row. In some schools, the '2' key is typed with the middle finger, while in other schools, it is typed by the ring finger.
>In some schools, the '2' key is typed with the middle finger

Does anyone know where to find a standard space bar that matches OG cherry beige double shots?

My school tried to teach me how to type but i said fuck em and did it my own way. Passed their typing test at 93wpm. Nothing amazing by any standard but when you see how i type you would be amazed.

learn proper touch typing at keybr.com you'll type faster and most importantly you'll type with a lot less strain and more comfort

massdrop.com/buy/zinc-gold-or-silver-modifiers?mode=guest_open

y tho

>This modifier set—comprising gold- and silver-tone zinc keycaps—instantly transforms your board into something out of science fiction.
since when do sci-fi movies/shows have metal keycaps?

Before they typed on glass or on lasers.

Oh god that looks like what anita sarkeesian would use

sup /mkg/

posting some old dank meme

still rocking this baby since January, can't go back to anything else

I really really love how that took you three tries to get the orientation. I admire the dedication.

Nice keyboard though.

shit got embarassing.

fucking window messing with exif rotation, had to fire up old trusty GIMP

reporting in

Just a rare green tea user passing on by

nice vinyl decal, what board is that?

Also, are the super keys doubleshot or pad printed?

>green tea
>rare

wut?

they're ABS double shot keycaps

How's the cherry classic g80-3000 with black switches?

I haven't used a mechanical keyboard in my life.

Yeah, I know that the set is doubleshot, I'm wondering if the super keys are also doubleshot, since I have a hard time imagining that SP would go to the trouble of manufacturing a mold like that just for the super keys of some set that almost nobody buys because it's thin ABS.

Nah they are also doubleshot, the super keys are part of the original set.

Interesting. Thanks.

What's the most silent, cheap(somewhere around 100, preferably less) solution for a 60% keyboard?
I't going to be at work, so has to be silent. I have a HHKB but i think that even this one is too loud.

Thanks in advance.

its the switch type thats gonna make it louder, just refrain from buying clicky (mx blue/greens) and buy sound dampeners. also if you really don't want to annoy people then just wear egg cartons around your wrists.

Tada68 with linears and o-rings

Torn between poker3 and v60, thoughts? The grey v60 looks really nice.

Thanks men.

is it better to use a usb keyboard with a passive ps/2 adapter than with a usb connection? like will it behave as if it was a true ps/2 keyboard or will it behave as if you had an active usb to ps/2 adapter?

>PS/2 ports are designed to connect the digital I/O lines of the microcontroller in the external device directly to the digital lines of the microcontroller on the motherboard.
so using a passive adapter is preferred?

A mechanical keyboard would be recommended for someone who is in the process of learning how to touchtype correctly, right? I come from a Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600.

I learned how to touch type on a thinkpad scissor switch.

anything but a cheap rubberdome is fine,
in fact there's people doing 150+ wpm on rubberdome

planck keyboard

>A mechanical keyboard would be recommended for someone who is in the process of learning how to touchtype correctly, right?
Not really. A mechanical keyboard would be recommend to someone who wants a mechanical keyboard. You don't need a mechanical keyboard in order to touch type properly. If you want to "reward" yourself with a nice keyboard for having learned to touch type, that's wonderful, but don't expect it to make you any better at it.

Though you'll probably enjoy using it a whole lot more.

There is actually no real benefit of using a mechanical keyboard and this is from someone who got a $200 allowance from his boss to buy a dedicated keyboard. When I got the new Macbook Pro I actually experienced what a keyboard should be like. Sure, the heavy keys and ticking is great and motivational, but in the end a chiclet keyboard is so much better to type on.

And as a programmer (nodejs) I don't even type long chunks of text anyway so marginally reduced words per minute doesn't even bother me that much as it used to.

Mechanical keyboards is like a brand of Nike or Adidas or you name it. First, you will stick to it and conform to group thinking, but later you realize there are so many better shoes out there which don't fit in a "specific category". And I'm not an Apple fanboy at all,.

Which mechanical keyboard did you buy before that?

Razer Blackwidow 2013

>There is actually no real benefit of using a mechanical keyboard
Damn, we got a real sherlock here.

Here's your pipe

Bullshit, I use my mechanical keyboard at work as a programmer and I absolutely hate the chiclet Macbook Pro keyboard.

While a mechanical keyboard won't make you a better typist its way more comfortable to use.

>a chiclet keyboard is so much better to type on.

Anyone tried futaba switches? Can you tell me how they feel and if you liked them or not?

Thanks!

I know this is kind of a meme, but I would quite like something that has bluetooth built in, or at least a hack that ends up working well. Any suggestions?

hhkb + bluetooth chip

Ugly windows key guy here, anywhere i could buy an win98 keycap for unicomp Model M?

what is the most indestructable keyboard know to man?

model fucking m nigga

shit got a steel plate in it or something

what happens if i get coffee in it?

you wash it, assuming it's not hot enough to melt the plastic contact sheet.

>conforming to a dead lingua franca
Nah

>model fucking m
*F

a mechanical keyboard would be recommended for typing in general. and getting a mech keyboard is a good excuse to start learning touch typing since it'll help you get used to the specific keyboard and it's the keyboard you'll (hopefully) be using for quite some time before having to get some other keyboard. especially if you're switching from e.g. european ISO to US ANSI it's good to get the keyboard first since it's an entirely different layout.

If only there were mechanical low profile keyboards. Why ML line had to die?

I decided to go for it regardless and buy a Cherry G80-3000. It's the cheapest I can find with my layout here.

Those shitty Apple keyboards are literally the mushiest horrible feeling keyboard that I've ever used

of all the memes that these threads have had i'm really fucking glad the hhkb meme died and went to hell

Damn Cred Forums, I cant decide between a choc mini or a high end ducky with RGB's. I'm going for red switches for gaming and general precision(I have blues now on my CM storm keyboard). are light up keyboards a meme? I know all the keys by heart and don't need any lighting in the dark but they look cool aesthetically. Also I don't really need a numpad.

>And as a programmer (nodejs)
opinion discarded

choc mini RGB is also an option (not sure if sellers have it with reds though), i have it with blues and it's great. planning on updating my review MAYBE tomorrow with new pics and info about the software.

lights come down to preference, some people hate them, but i love it, even if you don't look at it directly it gives your eyes something to work with for that eye-hand coordination goodness. and you can set just the right brightness level so it's not distractingly bright or too dark either. and you can set a certain color layout to highlight certain keys, make them easier to hit or just for aesthetics.

here's my review but it maybe doesn't have too much useful info really:
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/50mdnx/review_noppoo_choc_mini_rgb_with_noppoo_blue/

wow I didn't know they had rgb for the choc, i might have to look into that since i i just love how the board is designed. Good review btw

Been craving for tada68 lately, and the new MOD switch actually makes me want to take a jump into it..

MLs are fucking awful to type on.

a major caveat i found is that you can't set a too complex lights pattern or else the keyboard input will freeze up for like a second sometimes. i believe the microcontroller overflows the stack due to a combination of having limited memory and the way the firmware was programmed, and when this happens it resets which takes like a second. so unfortunately you don't have unlimited color options and i think you might run into the same issue if you program a lot of macros too. the updated review will have a pic of a lights pattern which has the problem as well a pic of a pattern which works 100%.

>Good review btw
thanks

Weak bait...

I just recently found a Unicomp Model M (02K3769) in our storage, but it seems abused and not working...

What would my best bet be to get it repaired, preferably within Europe (Germany)? Found some shops offering repair/modernization but they are mostly in the US...

Anybody know where I can get an APL key layout file? I'd like to make one on WASD keybaords

What is the actuation point of gateron blacks? I've seen different things everywhere.

*actuation force

I miss nick lawnmowerguy

What do your girlfriends think about all the time and money you spend on a keyboard?

50-55g

apparently bottom out at ~70g

That new leopold looks really nice.

>girlfriends
I don't think the boys would approve of that.

can i buy IBM sticker for my IBM model M?

Best 60% RGB keyboard?

Pok3r RGB has cherry switches and a metal case
Anne Pro has gateron switches and bluetooth

That sticker looks like shit tho. Especially the FC980C grey/beige.

...does anyone here really prefer Gateron over Cherry for any of the switches? All I ever hear is how inconsistent their QC is.

Yeah. Gateron linears and tactile are objectively better than cherries. Clicky switches are a different matter tho.

>be French
>have a letter on the main layer that is used in only one word (ù)
>the very common ‘œ’ requires a modifier to type but ‘ù’ doesn’t
>can’t type the canonically French quotation marks («») or the whitespace characters recommended to be used with them
>can’t type É, Ç, Œ
>have a key JUST for ‘2’
>‘^’ is on my layout twice
>have a key just for non‐French currencies

is AZERTY the dumbest layout ever?

gateron and cherry blues are both inconsistent garbage in my experience

>is AZERTY the dumbest layout ever?
yep

isnt ù only used in one word in the entire french language?

>isnt ù only used in one word in the entire french language?
oh yeah you said that, nvm that

Random dental assistant user dropping in. Those plastic floss sticks are actually really bad for your teeth, switch to regular thin floss wire.

Does that mouse actually work ?

Just use a decent word processor.
And «où» is used quite often. It's one of the words from the french 10fastfingers list if I remember correctly.

My only true complain with azerty is that you have to use shift/caps-lock to print numbers on the num row.

What do you mean? If so rip my teeth because i use them a shitton because of stress

What sticker are you talking about?

*razer
the naga's utility is something i cant go without, i can just customize the buttons with ahk or that shitty synapse, combine it with ctrl drag and u have window manipulation and all the macros u want on just your right hand. It's very nice for fapping, and drinking beer whilst browsing. Keep meming razer cuz its hip. ( the black widow aint too bad either, the rest is pretty shit yeah)

repair it yourself, general damage is due to shock or spilled liquids. Should not be too difficult to fix. ( If you dont know how just google )

Is that a Unicomp? The plastic finish looks pretty decent.

Hmm, where to start.. For starters the size of the floss is the biggest problem, since it's so tiny you don't have the utility of regular floss when it comes to getting 'between' your teeth, which can result in causing harm to your teeth and/or gums since some teeth are close together then others. With regular floss u can position the wire so that it approaches from the top/middle going down and around, from big to small like a funnel (hope that made sense). The fact that you re-use the same tiny piece for every tooth can result in 'bad' germs spreading to other healthy parts of ur mouth, possibly infecting them aswell. With regular floss you have different segments of the wire that you use. Finally, the plastic toothpick can cause some serious damage, and even chip off parts of your tooth if used on weak areas (such as cavities, etc). And i've seen some people even reuse the same stick mulitple times (oh no..). Big story! tldr; germs + teeth/gum damage.

May have caused consistency problems with the large tactile bump. May have also been pre-texture addition. May have also been an old mold because aging molds lose their texture.

Mold wear doesn't cause pitting like this -- it actually causes smoothing of textures.

Most textures put on injection molded parts are sprayed on coatings, sand blasted, or chemically etched. They're inherently random.

> Babby's first switch

Being derisive and making recommendations to people without qualifying their needs makes you an ass. I'll call you edgy all damn day and a boat load of other slights that someone as arrogant as you deserves.

Unicomp yeah, got it 2 days ago and it seems to be made of a new mold since there are no blemishes as people have had problems with before, i am really happy with the look and feel of it. The only thing i would change is the windows keys

Cherry's tolerance on a 45g switch is +/- 15g. Consistency depends heavily on how well the keyboard manufacturer bins their switch stock.

wow, this is pretty big. the texture looks more pronounced on the case, too.

wonder if they finally got sick of people ragging on their lack of QC

literally autistic. if only your contributions in a year of combined tantrums matched his one post.

Nice.
There might still be hope for a SSK revival one day.

It appears they take the molding more serious now that thet have gotten shittons of complaints, i cant seem to find any imperfections on my model

I see a lot more rust on Model F's than I do on Model M's so they have their flaws too.

I don't think there was ever a serious problem with the molding on the white / beige models, it's only really an issue on the black ones, or so I've heard.

No, I got a beige one a few years back that had blemishes. Mostly near edges, but also one right on the top bezel that stood out.

neither of them have rust issues unless they've been submerged in water. they both have the same material of plates and springs, and you're completely ignoring the rivet design flaw.

I have the faintest one on mine, but its so unnoticable its irrelevant

Looks great desu, I hope they work on the keycap edges next. Mine have burrs and folded remnants on some, where my IBM built caps are pretty much flawless.

Model F most definitely has rust issues, most barrel plates will have a fair amount of surface rust. My F122 and F84 had their fair share of rust whereas my wide range of M's don't have any rust at all. The fact most of the model f's parts are metal means it's more prone to rusting. The only rust I see on M's is on the springs.

They definately need to work on that

Sauce?

your 2 keyboards are a pretty weak sample size, the only reason any top plates rust is from the shape allowing liquids to pool up.

again, they use the same materials. the only difference is the model M using plastic barrel plates. some Fs even have all-plastic cases if you're that paranoid.

what material are the keycaps made from on the ibm model f/m and unicomp keyboards? ABS?

Hello
I'm new to this, and i'm Swedish
I need a not-too-flashy, well-functional mechanical keyboard, that is either programmable so that i may add Å Ä and Ö to the keyboard, or that it comes designed for a mainstream Swedish market.
Please be kind to me :>

IBM Model M/F caps are PBT, with a few UK-built spacebars made from ABS (you mightve noticed these yellowed ones).

I've read that Unicmomp uses some kind of mixture of the two, but they use dye-sub printing so there's definitely a good amount of PBT in there.