Just found my 1st gen ipod nano, about to take a trip down memory lane

Just found my 1st gen ipod nano, about to take a trip down memory lane

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=svOumzlbz_g
youtu.be/IgdPu6n5KVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is that the ipod nano with the exploding battery?

I vaguely recall there being some sort of replacement deal apple was doing but I didn't want to wait several weeks for an upgrade

the recall for these are still into effect. if you trade it in, they WILL give you a new model version of the nano

Do I have to send it off to them, I'm too lazy to do that

the iPod wont work, says I need to connect it to itunes to do a restore.

Just transferred all the songs off it to my laptop

and the first song I just listened to:

youtube.com/watch?v=svOumzlbz_g

Really? Is this also valid in Germany? Still have a white one lying around.
Or should I keep it, and sell it for a lot of money int he future, when it will be a sought after collectors item, after apple has artificially decreased the supply?

Nice blog post, however you might want to consider hosting your own. Try WordPress for example.

Glad you liked it

Just checked my serial number and i'm eligible for replacement.
Applel is sending me a box containing "instructions" to send them the ipod, sounds pretty dumb.
Whic model should I expect to receive?

First I heard of this meme

>find my old second gen nano
>screen is dead
>look up directions on how to replace screen
>mfw

wew... lad? wtf is this

Try putting a ssd into it.
youtu.be/IgdPu6n5KVM

>have a 2gb ipod nano 2nd gen somewhere in a drawer
>top bezel has a hump and looks wierd
>have to use shit proprietary cable to charge it
>not sure how good the battery is

fug, should I find it, replace the bezel and start using it? it's small and I kind of want to use it again to free up my phone/save battery

Seriously? What model do they give you? I may still have one laying around.

After seeing Druaga fuck around with it I have a mighty need to buy one for myself.

yeah apple was replacing the defective first gens because the battery would run out in like 15 or so minutes, upgrade was worth it, got the small square touch screen nano thing, forgot what it was called lol haven't used it since high school

you'll be getting the small square touchscreen nano one, at least that's what I got when I did it, they don't specify so who knows if it's different for everyone but I doubt it.

i may consider keeping it, i like it more than pic related 7th gen

oh lmao that's not the one, I'm gonna look it up real quick.... it's the 6th gen, the only reason I traded mine in was because the battery would die in like 5-15 minutes, I thought the trade in only applied to the nanos with the defective battery though

You're dumb. This is basically a standard RMA procedure. They're even paying return shipping for you. You will get the last model nano to be released. 16gb 7th gen

All 1st gens were recalled

>Applel is sending me a box containing "instructions" to send them the ipod, sounds pretty dumb.
it's probably a box with the shipping, so you don't need to pay to send it back

What music player do any of you recommend? Ever since the Clip+ line was discontinued I've wandered aimlessly between inferior products. Fuck I miss that little thing, such a great player at such a low price that I could exercise with.

HOLy shit i watched both parts

so unsatisfying to be honest desu

You've got to be fucking kidding me

Yes. And why wouldn't you? You're basically getting a free $90 device in exchange for something that's been shitting up your closet for the past 9 years.

This is what I use.

Doesn't have a clip but you could get an armband with it. Sound quality is fucking amazing.

>tfw have a 4th gen nano lying around
>cant recall since LEL tacoland
eh

>Doesn't have a clip
I bought a $50 shuffle recently because of long battery life and a clip.

iPod Nanos use flash. SD cards, CF cards, and SSDs do make great upgrades for iPods though

>forced to used itunes because of ipod

>forced to used iTunes because I'm too retarded to know alternative programs exist
>forced to use iTunes because I didn't know Rockbox was a thing
FTFY

>Sound quality is fucking amazing.

placebo effect. single task devices is for idiots. spend that money on a decent portable amp instead

>single task devices is for idiots. spend that money on a single task device

also
>devices is
>calling others idiots

While I hate to accept it this is probably one of the better options at its price point. It's just a shame dedicated music players are so dead after being dominated by Apple and then dominated by smartphones.

I'd rather kill myself than use anything from Apple.

Also
>2gb
>no sd card expansion

Not having a screen just feels weird too.

Can it run Rockbox, or is it not compatible?

It can run Rockbox

Nice. I used to have a Sansa e200. Shit was so cash. My phone can obviously do everything it can and more, but I still kinda miss it. There's an Android app, but it's just not the same.

shittt, i still have my e200 and 1st gen fuze.

they both still work amazingly.

I lost mine, it was pretty depressing.

Just learned it can't use .m3u files for playlists. So it's garbage.