Is the Sony MDR-7506 worth it?

Is the Sony MDR-7506 worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B0081SO0RM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/Headphone-Earpads-MDR7506-MDR-7506-MDR-V6/dp/B008RF0M9O
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're good, but next time

I don't agree with the practices of that general, so I refuse to ask them any questions.

Yes, they're worth the money. When the JPY is weak again (maybe...), the MDR-CD900STs are better.

yes, they're old as hell but they are/were the standard in studio work for a reason

That's really retarded, so the best advice I could give then is fuck off and ask someone on reddit.

They are the best closed back monitoring headphone that doesn't benefit from an amp, definitely.

how are the v6 compared to them?

the v6
>say "digital" on them instead of "professional"
>supposedly sound a bit smoother and are better for actually listening to music, where the 7506 are better for actual monitoring and recording
>cost like $20 more

so the 7506 is better at this point. The V6 used to be the cheaper one, at like $60, but I think importing shit made the price go way up to where they aren't really worth it.

oh and the 7506 have gold plated shit instead of the nickel plated on the v6.

well, you can't use them with the iPhone 7 without an adapter, so I'd say the answer is "no"

yes been my daily headphones for at least 2 years, pads do wear out quickly though.

I bought velour pads for my V6s. Massive improvement

Recommendations?

this is the product I bought
amazon.com/gp/product/B0081SO0RM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The pads do not look like the item picture. Look at the customer pictures to see what they're actually like. Very soft, comfortable fabric which won't make your ears sore and also won't peel like the stock pads. otoh they can get a little sweaty.

Are they comfortable enough to wear for hours?

Fantastic cans. Velour pads are a necessity. Coiled cord will short out after a period of years, but is easily replaceable.

I've been using the Beyerdynamic DT-250 pads for maybe 10 years now and they're still comfortable. The velour has worn down some but that's all.

Can any other V6-7506 owners comment on how long the original pads last? Bought my V6s in 2000 and the pads were ripped and painful to use in a few years.

7506 has a gold-plated connector and a longer warranty.

That's about it.

I got a the V6 when they were $60 on Amazon. Can't imagine a headphone sounding better at that price.

The V6 when they were ~$60 was the best deal for any headphones ever. The $80 7506 is perfectly good.

Not him but, I'd say you can easily go with it for 3 to 5 hours maybe more

The V6 is still better. V6 has wider frequency response, better actual audio quality that you can notice as long as you're not fucking deaf, slightly higher power capacity, and just better period.

The 7506 was meant to be a cost cutting measure for consumers as the V6 was still primarily relegated to actual studio work.

Protip: Dr Dre uses the V6 when he's mastering albums for himself and other artists. In fact, he rarely ever uses Beats headphones at all in his life outside the studio and can be seen in many situations with a pair of V6 cans hanging around his neck.

>HATERS GONNA FUCKING HATE

>he rarely ever uses Beats headphones at all in his life
im pretty sure everyone who isn't a retard knows this

why do you have to be like that bruh

trigging me and shit

>V6 is better than 7506
nice meme

>wider frequency response
ugh you're one of these people
> better actual audio quality
you don't even know what you mean by this yourself.

At least you're not a typical V6 user.

I hope so

No. Get Apple brand Beats By Dre.

>gateway monitor

Wtf blast from the past.

The Digital sticker is falling off my MDR V6, where can I get a replacement?

I broke the cable, reeeeee

I have a standard cable lying around, I'm guessing I can just solder that bitch on somehow

Amazon will sell you new v6 headphones.

Not really. Pads are sliiightly too small and kinda thin.
But putting thicker pads on ruins the sound quality.

Solder a jack in there instead.

You can solder a female jack to hook any cable including bluetooth receivers.

you guys are p smart

yes now fuck off

amazon.com/Headphone-Earpads-MDR7506-MDR-7506-MDR-V6/dp/B008RF0M9O

Just tried to use these for my worn V6 pads. Nope, nope, nope. Anyone know of replacement pads for MDR's that aren't $25 per set?

Yeah and they suck, same as original ones. If you got big ears then the pads from the $25 ones make them bigger and they become pretty comfortable.

If you do the mod then I'll suggest that you arrange the left, right and ground wires so they don't touch each other as that will wear the insulation and you will hear crackling.

I don't mind the OEM Sony ones, anything that comes close to those would be fine.

>The V6 is still better.

>Dr Dre uses the V6 when he's mastering albums for himself and other artists

Nope. Dre uses AT M50s these days. Not that you should let some nigger influence your choice of headphones.

>nickel plating to gold plating
>cost cutting

You must spend a ton on napkins wiping the bullshit off of your keyboard.

was it pure nickel vs gold plate? may make sense? I'm not a physicist or material engineer, i don't know but it might be a thing?