UK hate thread:

Can someone explain to me how the fuck can people of this 'first world' country allow themselvs to be fucked up their bums by ISP's and Mobile Phone Networks?

How the fuck can we, in [CURRENT YEAR] allow ourselves to have the shittiest broadband and data plans in Europe?

Some overpriced elite areas in London have the shittiest possible ISP accessibility, but all retards seem to care about is:
>BOOTIFUL SEMI DETACHED HOUS WITH SPACIOUS 1.5x2m^2 FRON GAARRDEENN.

Yes, I am fucking mad.

Other urls found in this thread:

help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=3103&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I could get fibre optic broadband if I wanted, but I don't need it. I get 4g mobile data too. In a village.

Apply yourself.

you have no idea how bad things are in america

>I don't even get 3G in my village

Please send help

It's basically somalia

I dunno m8, none of those have data caps. It can be a LOT worse (see: rural america)

Literally just got my 200mbps upgrade from 100mbps. Im on virgin, no idea what shitty isp you using. My bill is around 60 pounds a month with unlimited landline phone. Also what said. I see in us most people have data caps around 200-500gb per month. On my 100mbps i used around 1tb monthly.

>It's basically somalia
London doesn't get 3G?

What the fuck are you downloading

I'm in rural England, my speed went from 4mbps to 20mbps last year. It's beautiful.

You don't even know you're fucking living

kek'd and checked

we got sky fibre 40down/10up unlimited data for £20 per month. also includes no traffic shaping so I can happily torrent shit from the pirate bay and no one givees a fuck. god bless my intenet. americlaps have it worse than us for internet

4g plans are expensive as fuck, only Three offers unlimited data but they limit your hotspot to 30GB.

I can imagine.

Most ISP's have traffic management for stuff like P2P

Something like this:
help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=3103&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable

>he thinks 40mbps is good

Not to defend Virgin, since their reliability is fucking awful, but traffic shaping only effects uploads.

Or in Canada for that matter. 85 bucks a month and i get 2 gb of data on my phone. And our wallets get crucified when picking television plans.

Get 74 down 21 up for £40 quid a month with phone line unlimited, I'd say that's a decent price for that speed, also with talk talk

Also live in the middle of no where, surrounded by fields and shit

hyperoptic is pretty comfy if you live in a flat

you get 100 down / 100 up for a reasonable price and it can go up to 1 Gbps

Yes but at least you can have a detached house with a front yard without being a millionaire

Oh, that's okay then.

Got told by those fat northern fucktards SHITnet that'll have to pay £30 fucking quid to disconnect from their shitty service. Nice.

With ALL ISP's your going to get buttraped no matter what.

Cancelling before the end of the contract duration? Because I highly doubt that shit is legal otherwise

They didn't do this on 100 or 150 - this is new - but routing on the the 200Mbit (really 220) seems to throttle downstream traffic from some networks* to 1MB/sec using HTB.

I don't know if they're experimenting, but if they are, they're doing it on the wrong circuit: there is a unit here on the DMZ taking statistical measurements for scientific research.

* Survey isn't complete, but so far AS43948 GleSysAS 109.74.0.0/20 - probably because of the VPN Mullvad - and AS20052 Feral Hosting are confirmed to be affected. Routing via one tunnel hop returns it to full speed - it's not DPI-based.

Internet is for muslims only bruv.

Nope, end of the contract next month and all paid up. Couldn't fucking believe it.

If you no longer have contractual obligations just stop paying.

I will but I've been told there is a £30 "disconnection" fee. It's in their ToC. Anyway fuck them they'll never see me again.

At least you don't live in Australia.

hearty kek