/tab/ Tablet General

It finally came edition!

Other urls found in this thread:

guidingtech.com/37749/mx-player-no-audio/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uAIBOXzeEk4
forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/orig-development/app-root-launcherhijack-custom-launcher-t3409531
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Removing the plastic edition!

What kind of tablet should I get?

Here, put it in there next

Do you ever feel bad for taking a wild animal and keeping it in a cage inside your smelly poorly ventilated house?

Sorry no shark!
The at least this has a microsd unlike Google pixel edition!
This one!

Got an Ipad Air 2 64GB last week, way better than my Nexus 7 2012 which lagged like hell and didn't get anymore updates.

Shield Tablet K1
The unoffocial successor of N7(2013)

Let's open this!

No, because he is out of the cage all the time and flys around the house. For example since he got up today he was in the cage by our choice for only a half hour so I can take a shower. He is in now because he went in to eat. Door is open!

Good specs but its hard to find it for sale, I can't find any that ship to Ausfalia.

I just gave birth to a tablet!

Everything from in the box!

I'm sorry for that. Really happy with the device after my N7(2013) got the ghost touch issue.
But maybe they'll push out a new version with the X1 chip or the X2 chip.

Explosion of pamplets!

You sound so excited and it's amazing.

It comes with a 5 watt usb charger. By comparison an apple 5 watt and 12 watt. The 12 watt I just got the other day to charge my iPhone about an hour faster.

Tis a good day!

USB is a good thickness. The one that came with my old galaxy nexus is a little thicker so I'll probably use that.

Plastic feels like a kids toy. Might be pet. I like that type of plastic for bottles. It is thick though, not thin at all.

Let us plug it in and catch on fire!
>Sorry for the turn

And language.
I speak american!
But that isn't an option, so I have to pick England.

It wants the WiFis

My password is

I'm sorry it is a not 4 that it starts with.

It looked for updates real quick. Then it said are you Lee. Now it wants my social networks. I'm getting scared here!

Lucky for me I have no friends and no Facebook. I have a twitter i used like three times.

It tried to give me a free trial for audibles, now it wants to tutorial me. Bitch please I've been rooting and cyanogening since the G1. That's htc dream not that LG monstrosity.

Okay this thing is like a mirror. I'm blocking my face with packaging. I have it standing up with a broken Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard tablet stand.

Tutorial is stupid. How do you scroll right?

Here is the homescreen and a hard drive for comparison.

I got into developer options.
Not sure why really.

Here is how much storage on the 16gb free.

Screw the tablet, post more cute birb.

Bird is downstairs with my mom.

Here is RAM.

You can unlock the bootloader.

1374MB of RAM total?
So what is that 1GB with swap or some weird 2GB configuration with a reserve?

Putting in my 128gb microsd. It has avengers on it!

Mobile devices are always weird. It has 1.5gb total, but I don't know how much is taken by the gpu.

Hey what's up man

I got mine today too, it's really nice so far.

This is my Nexus 7 replacement

I can't justify spending hundreds on a tablet just for browsing and watching videos this is perfect.

download mx player, avengers will look nice on it

Yeah exactly. Can't beat the price. I overspent on the microsd, but it was a good one.

>mx player
Will do!

Won't read NTFS. What format?

>not compiling a custom kernel with ntfs fs patched in

Trying FAT32 now!

Nope SD unrecognized. Fuck!

Ext4

I'll try but then it is a pain with Windows 10.

Win32diskimager + usb + gparted live iso

I got it to recognize it.
Total pain
>erase drive
>unformated
>put in fire
>given error saying unrecognized, remove
>Don't
>go into storage
>erase drive
>suddenly works!

Fire made it exFat.

Device doesn't seem to get hot at all. Also doesn't really want to charge much when the display is on. It must not be capable of drawing much beyond the 5 watts of the charger it included.

Sick of messing with it. I just want to play Avengers!

want to get tablet for sole purpose of mango reading
7/8/10?
hd/fhd?

Currently using ttorrent, seems to work fine.

The fire seems good because it is cheap and has a long battery. Sure it doesn't have a 1080p screen but I don't think that matters when you are going to zoom in any way.

Mx player won't do DTS audio. So no audio. Mother fucker.

Still the video looks beautiful. Pic doesn't do it justice.

Vlc works but the audio is really low.
I'll try a different movie later

where is the speaker? mono or stereo?

Two in stereo. Meant to hold landscape. My one speaker seems a little stronger than the other. Notifications appear to only use the one.

>Mx player won't do DTS audio. So no audio. Mother fucker.
guidingtech.com/37749/mx-player-no-audio/

I have a budgie, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't let that setting fool you, no you can't.

That setting is present in every Android device post kitkat, even devices where the mfg doesn't give you a bootloader unlock code. Mostly so repair techs can unlock your bootloader if they need to flash a rom they use with diagnostic tools.

Copy files to your machine, let Android format it, then download a program for Windows that allows read and write to ext3/4

But not a Fire HD 8!
I got you there.
And I'm glad you love your bird!
Mine is really one of the best things in my life.

Oh okay, I just saw it and figured I would post it.

I figured this out above. Both the Fire and Windows are happy with exFat.

I just side loaded the Play store on mine

Shit is sweet

How good are those Amazon tablets? They don't have root do they?
Comes with a bunch of Amazon bloat as well.

how?

>Comes with a bunch of Amazon bloat as well.
That's what the tablet is. It is a gateway into amazon products. It does streaming, watching, and reading great!

Follow the steps in this vid, install the services store etc in order and it works perfectly

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uAIBOXzeEk4

You can install that on any old tablet anyways, isn't really cool. I want a tablet with none of that bullshit or at least let's me remove it.

Okay, thankyou. So it is the same for last years model.

More importantly is this causing a performance hit? It would be nice to have the play store, but I don't want to if it hurts.

Also do you have MX player and did you get the custom codecs? Here:

>I want a tablet with none of that bullshit
Then I would not recommend a Fire. It is loaded with Amazon stuff. Lock screen, skin, apps, even a different settings.

Meh, I'm using Chrome right now with SwiftKey and it seems fine. Looks you still need to root for a custom launcher.

It's still better than Touchwiz somehow

This new one comes with an unlockable bootloader in the development options

As you can see Google Play Store works without root.

>Meh, I'm using Chrome right now with SwiftKey and it seems fine.

Given that Amazon changes the settings and eliminates certain things like accounts. When you install the play store (and services, etc) does it change settings? How do you put in your account info in settings (assuming you don't do it when first installing)?

Specs

If you still have that nexus 7, install cyanogenmod13, it runs better than kitkat stock, and way the fuck better then that 5.0 OTA update that killed the 2012 nexus. It would freeze while turning on and take over 30 seconds to open the app drawer, now its just as fast as day 1 again while running a modern looking gui.

Yeah you just sign in to the store and it updates GP services automatically

So I could flash CM?

I'm going to have to fork over for a bigger SD card now. This thing is already worth the $90 imo.

Awww...

>there's a fucking tablet general on Cred Forums now

Yeah youtube has a lot of stuff about budgies that will make you cry. In this case the bird didn't want his friend gone. For how small their brains are they always surprise me in what they are capable of. Mine is a true friend!

Thanks to me! If it makes you feel better the mods deleted it the first couple times I started one.

What app is this? The one I posted here works good, with the problems of getting it to work already documented here.

There's no root for fire os 6.3.1.0 yet so no flashing yet :(

But here's a custom launcher workaround, using Nova now :)

App is CPU-Z

$90 for an HD animu machine with 200 GB SD expandability is pretty damn good imo

Ah, yes. I should have recognized it from the icon. I'm used to the windows version.

Do you think it will upgrade to Nougat with the Alexa one?

Whoops, forgot the launcher link: forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/orig-development/app-root-launcherhijack-custom-launcher-t3409531

It plays 1080p mkv video really well. It actually sputtered on an old final fantasy spirits within dvd until I changed it to software rendering. Then it was clear as silk.

A good 128gb card is around $40, which is crazy considering it is almost half the cost of the tablet.

is the kindle locked to the amazon store?
can you install things from the play store?
can you sideload apks?

is it worth the effort to flash another rom?

Maybe you should read some of the later parts of the thread. Keep in mind it just came out today. If you are looking for a simple guide, there isn't one. People are using last years model instructions to get play on. It may cause problems.

You can sideboard the play store and install apps after that.

Yep, you got me good lol. Maybe I'll get a Fire HD 8 as well. : ^ )

I'm doing work, right guys?

Now if I can figure out how to stop amazon from uploading everything I do to their cloud.

>sideboard

Good thread. The budgie is a nice touch

No shit. It's a KINDLE. It's a tablet for reading books, magazines, listening to audio books, watching Amazon prime video, listening to music from prime music, etc. It's not intended to be a generic tablet. It's meant to be an affordable Amazon gateway that happens to run a fork of Android so it's more appealing. In all, it's a color ebook reader the does video, music and browsing.

Nice blog, faggot.

Seriously though, there are sites that are more suited for you. Fuck off and go back