A PROGRAM TO MAKE CHIPTUNE MUSIC?

Nu

milkytracker

gento

Look up Magical 8-bit Plugin.

RIG ransomware

openMPT
ImpuseTracker

This is honestly a really great piece of software.
Open source.
Has all the features you'd expect from a tracker and even more.
Fast and lightweight (GUI is SDL, so no gtk or qt dependency).
Runs basically anywhere.

>Any DAW + rectangle wave oscillator VST
>A good sampling DAW + gameboy/NES
>Gameboy + LSDJ
I use Renoise almost entirely as a sample-editing DAW, then link the workflow with Ableton (my non-autistic DAW) using Rewire. I sample my gameboy when I feel like doing it the lazy convenient way but I honestly prefer the sound of just using LSDJ on a gameboy, straight from the 4 chips themselves.

Fuck, I remember that
It's super basic and there's only like 10% of the combination of settings you can set that will make it sound anywhere near listenable. It's fun to fuck around with though

There's also NES cartridges with MIDI breakout cables but I never even looked for that stuff because I got lucky and found 2 LSDJ cartridges for free and I also don't have an NES

And OF COURSE, only the original DMG beige brick gameboy is acceptable for this, since newer gameboys use something other than the 4 basic gameboy chips (two rectangle wave ones, a custom 8-bit waveform oscillator, and a noise chip)

there is absolutely no reason to use a tracker.
Get a good 8-bit VST and slap it into your DAW of choice

just get fl studio

Yay!

this on desktop (free, and works on lignux, bsd, os x, and wangblows.

nanoloop on mobile devices.

Any daw

OrgMaker

That's what was used to make Cave Story music.

>____tracker
famitracker
milkytracker
impulsetracker

trackers are autistic

All of the good chiptune artists use LSDJ

>TO MAKE CHIPTUNE MUSIC?
chiptune music is made by hacking or circuit-bending old hardware, not with any software at all

you're making "techno" music, so you want a daw.

A gameboy

really surprised someone hasnt developed a synth that has SID and z80 in it with a sequencer and midi capabilities.

>apt

chipophone