Apple's A10 Fusion Chip

Hey Cred Forums, did you know that the A10 Fusion chip is so good that it's not only being used in DDOS supercomputers, it will also be used in the James Webb telescope, they will use it because it is technically the only 256-bit chip available nowadays (it is a quad-core 64-bit, 64*4 = 256bit), and because of that, it can process huge amount of images and data at the same time.

Intel also confirmed that they will be making 256-bit processors, just like Apple, showing that they are following Apple's steps into making processors, that's just amazing that an iPhone has better technology and more horse power than an intel Xeon server.

I don't like Apple, but they made a really good job with this chip, and thinking that NASA will use it shows that they really revolutionized the ARM architecture, and also revolutionized the world in general, because it's the first time in history that you have the processing power of a telescope in your pocket.

Pajeet, I'll proofread and correct you shill post if you deposit .02 rupees in my account.

>(it is a quad-core 64-bit, 64*4 = 256bit)
That's not how this works.

Maybe this new technology will finally help us get all dem niggers out of the US.

What does it fuse?

It's a quad core with a multicore performance less than 2x single core.. That's not a good cpu.

> not only being used in DDOS supercomputers
ahaha what

> only 256-bit chip available nowadays (it is a quad-core 64-bit, 64*4 = 256bit)
please make it stop

> it can process huge amount of images and data at the same time
oh god

Intel also confirmed that they will be making 256-bit processors, just like Apple,
> just like Apple,
ahahahahahahaha

> and more horse power than an intel Xeon server.
pls stop

ok this has to be a troll

Wow
A TROLL????
REALLY?
NO WAY!?!?!?!?
take your autism somewhere else.

bait right?

if not you should look up AVX2 and the Xeon E7-8890 v4

He's right, though. This is the dumbest post I've read on Cred Forums in awhile.

ANDROIDS
BTFO
T
F
O

Do you want to see stupidity
>>>/mkg/
>>>/spg/
>>>/that cancerous """""HACKER"""" thread that kept popping up for a while/
>>>/literally any of the other cancerous generals on Cred Forums

>feeding the trolls
Good job Cred Forums

> linus
stopped reading there, Steve Jobs invented Unix

>more horse power than an intel Xeon server

Confirmed retarded.

>Steve Jobs invented Unix
I really hope you're joking.

I'm not, he programmed the first computer ever you dumbshit

OP is an obvious troll, but I'm bored, so I'll bite.

>DDOS supercomputers
You do not build a supercomputer to DDOS people. DDOS just needs a botnet of regular computers, each with their own internet connection. The bottleneck is not on the CPU, but on network bandwidth.

>it will also be used in the James Webb telescope
I would need a source on this, because searching "James Webb telescope apple a10" turns up nothing. I did, however, find something about them using ASICs for it.

>they will use it because it is technically the only 256-bit chip available nowadays
Err... no. The instruction set architecture is AArch64. It can only address 64-bits of RAM.

>(it is a quad-core 64-bit, 64*4 = 256bit)
That is not how this works. The Core i7 6700HQ in my laptop is quad core and uses a 64-bit instruction set, but it can nonetheless only address 64-bits of memory (actually, it's only 48 bits of addressable memory, but that is a different story).

>and because of that, it can process huge amount of images and data at the same time.
Maybe you are thinking of vector instructions? On later x86-64 chips, SIMD instructions can operate on 256 bits or 512 bits of floating point or integer data in a single register, simultaneously. To my knowledge, AArch64 only can handle vector operations on 128-bit registers. Thus, it can perform arithmetic on 4 32-bit floats or integers, or 2 64-bit floats or integers, in the same register, simultaneously.

>Intel also confirmed that they will be making 256-bit processors, just like Apple, showing that they are following Apple's steps into making processors, that's just amazing that an iPhone has better technology and more horse power than an intel Xeon server.
Again, bullshit. Nothing beats a Xeon except for maybe some IBM POWER chip, but Intel's still going to beat them in price/performance.

Jesus fuck.

It will take poordroidfags 10 years to release something equally as good

It's a big.LITTLE chip. It doesn't use all the cores at the same time.

The 830 will probably beat it. And then one year later, Apple will come out with something that beats the 830, and you guys are going to be saying the same bullshit.

> 830 is going to beat A10
> 820 barely beating the A7
ayyyyyy lmaaaaaaooo

Speaking of the James Web telescope, the cameras in the iPhone 7 are powerful as the most advanced space telescope NASA has ever built.

A camera and a telescope are two fundamentally different things.

How will iToddlers ever recover?

The telephoto lens actually is a tiny telescope.

No but op is literally cancer.
I think you're also referring to /netsec/ general, bit "hacker" general

>op is literally cancer
op here I'm offended by this

Bait aside the A10 is literally the single most advanced piece of silicon in existence.

Did you know the new iPhone is also more powerful than every computer on the rocket for the Apollo 11 mission combined? The new iPhone 7 can literally get you to the moon using its new Retina Launch Core technology.

Bait aside it draws 5W at load

bait

The thing is, I don't really give a fuck. My iPhone runs fast like last year model did a year ago, its predeccessor, and so on...

I'm not editing video on this thing. The only reason I really care about high end phones over mid range phones is because the camera is always significantly better. The cpu performance doesn't much to me as long as everything goes along smoothly.

Bait aside, the telephoto lens is really a tiny telescope.

Bait aside, you can't take photographs with a telephoto lens any more than you can take photographs with reading glasses. A camera is more than set of lenses.

What the fuck is wrong in my life that I actually spend time on here

this
while it has 4 cores, it is not setup as a quad core. It is set up in 2x2 configuration...it would be better to call it a double dual core

And when did I way anything about cameras you dumb underage tranny bitch? Just fucking put a fucking camera behind de lenses you stupid motherfucker.