Electrostatic cans

Reading head-fi pros say they are best for soundstage or positional feeling

You can get cheap(er) cans for around $300. Why dont you buy proper equipment for once?

>wearing Hyper 212 coolers on your head.

Bump. I need new headphones. I'm sick of my cable breaking a month after buying, I use my headphones while cooking and bike riding and shit and break them all the time. Are there wired headphones that wont break on me so easily? Are wireless worth the money?

most expensive headphones have replaceable wires. just invest in good headphones and replace the wires every few months.

>Electrocuting headsets
lel

soundstage and positional feeling are buzzwords. dont let them work on you. a 5.1 mixed album will sound great on any headphones. what you need to look for with headphones (and most audio equipment) to see if it is good is the high frequencies and be able to determine at what point they get filtered.

if you are gonna go for the electrostatic meme, reserve that entirely for electrostatic SPEAKERS. they are objectively great consumer products and a better investment than headphones which will always give you a compromised listening experience (the sound doesnt have a whole lot of air to move in)

I typically buy a $100-$150 pair of headphones and solder on two tin cans around the ear pieces to seal the sound in like an auditorium to bounce back at me

Because it's no better than typical dynamic driver headphones.

>he hasnt listen to the stax 009 with the Hawaiians blue amp set up.

S m h. Picture related, left hd600, right stax 009.

Well put. Too bad General Motors bought the patent for Monsoon speakers and let it die. They made the best PC satellite/ subwoofer combo for the price I've heard. That was over 10 years ago.

I think hd600 is better than sr009 tho

Fuck off tyll

>to see if it is good is the high frequencies and be able to determine at what point they get filtered.
This is the dumbest thing I've read on Cred Forums all week.

If this were true, then low end Beyerdynamics would be amazing, which they're not (that fucking v-shaped response). Earbuds of a huge variety of manufacturers would blow everything out of the water, which they don't.

Don't wear headphones on your bicycle unless you have a death wish and little regard for others.

>Thought those are copper heatpipe heatsinks
>Actually just some typical plastic thing

Don't listen to head-fi, don't listen to /hpg/. You're not listening to 'pros', you're listening to 'audiophiles' with post purchase rationalisation.

head-fi is pretty good but obviously $2000 headphones is bullshit unless your rich

because I have studio monitors

>that fucking v-shaped response
This is quite noticeable.
I'm pretty damn happy with my €35 bottom-of-beyer's-barrel DTX350m's for listening to techno at work
>good isolation
>very light & physically unobtrusive
>just need something to keep me in my concentration zone
but I can't listen to jazz or any of my baroque favourites with these. Even during a vocal break in techno, there's a very noticeable gap (though it works out for the best in my application; voices are a distraction).

I FUCKING hate people who ride bikes with headphones/earphones on. I swear to God I secretly hope they have an unfortunate accident and die because of their stupidity.

some low end stax or K340s are the only "cheap" electrostats