Wordcuck hate thread

Don't tell me you're still a wordcuck, Cred Forums?

When are you going to wake up from your dogmatic slumber and do all your document compiling in LaTeX like a true scholar?

Enjoy fruitlessly trying to navigate your Pajeet-tier word processor for basic operations they moved for no reason during the last update.

>2016
>still being a Wordcuck

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=latex quick start&l=1
lmgtfy.com/?q=latex cheat sheet&l=1
pastebin.com/AEUyhNLj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lmaoing at ur life

>When are you going to wake up from your dogmatic slumber and do all your document compiling in LaTeX like a true scholar?
If I want a second job I'll get paid, thanks.

who the fuck uses a word processor are you still in school or something

Why the fuck would I even need to use half of those LaTeX "benefits"

>you look really smart when you do it

I guess we got to the bottom of it

This

1st document in Word: 100% hard
2nd document in word: 100% hard
3rd document in word: 100% hard

1st document in Latex: 500% hard
2nd document in latex: 50% hard
3rd document in latex: 5% hard

>user! I needed that report yesterday!
>B-but I sent it to you...
>You mean that attachment I couldn't open? Get out of my sight, and come back once you've figured out how to use a computer!

Honestly it takes approximately zero seconds to press under button labeled "build to PDF"

>you look really smart when you do it

>1st document in Word: 100% hard
>2nd document in word: 100% hard
>3rd document in word: 100% hard
so you don't learn anything every time you make a document in word? are you autistic or do you have a severe issue with short term memory?

we need a quickstart user. the most common features are letter size, centered text, justified text, bold, and paragraph is optional for now.

I think he means time consuming

lmgtfy.com/?q=latex quick start&l=1

lmgtfy.com/?q=latex cheat sheet&l=1

>GUI changes every two years for no discernible reason
kek

Also, for some reason, when I went from Word 2013 to 2016, it locks up sometimes when I'm saving a document. I feel like Word 2003 is more stable than this shit.

Possibly because of all the ridiculous cloud integration in word 2016, when I save a document in anything office 2016 it saves it to my OneDrive or skydrive or whatever it's called

Handlebars + Phantomjs > LaTeX

why not libreoffice

It has exactly the same issues as word and every other WYSIWYG document processor

>2016
>not desktop publishing binary numbers in machine code

I don't get it, it's a word processor. All you need is being able to type words and format text, even nano can do that.

And there's nothing inherently wrong with that, where latex excels is in making nice looking readable documents with no effort spent on formatting, also stuff like bibliographies

>write document in word with CMU font
>turn it in
>professor compliments me for using latex

THROW AWAY THE KEY

seriously there's not much difference once you use the "latex" font in word

I really like latex, but the default format is only good for reports. Where to I find other formats?

You can literally just nick other people's templates and add your own text from a quick googling

I need it for work since I'm not a homeless NEET.

yes but many seconds to get to that point

emacs orgmode + latex export

You're dead right, you have to type your document first

No.

Here are the first 25 lines of my ethnology course, which list almost all the commands I used in this document (except \textit{}): pastebin.com/AEUyhNLj

What I get looks like pic related. I don't give a shit of what you use, but I wish I can make people use quality software.

Does it mean you're neither doing research nor code management? What are you doing here then?

I can sit and use Libreoffice or MS Word without any training, as everything is intuitive, easy to use and doesnt require any knowledge.

At the same time, I would need to sit and learn LaTeX for quite some time to basically "program" all my texts.

I thinkt thats enough reason to not bother with LaTeX and such. Like with all those fancy techinques with programming, if you dont know those already, chances are that you dont need them at all. Im not trying to make some kind of artwork here, Im about to do WORK and it supposed to, well, "just werks".

Maybe some "experts" would feel better for doing simple texts like that, but I dont need to enlarge my e-penis to feel good.

My professor gave me extra credit for using LaTeX. He refused to accept word documents. Only PDF.

I will never not love these memes

when?
the day that shit is not the industry standard and a requirement for companies you autist

Yeah, this sounds great and all. I might even allot some of my time to learn this. The problem is what if you're working with somebody that doesn't know how to use LaTeX? Would that someone also take the time to learn it? What about group papers, theses, lab reports? Ever think of that, huh?

>perfect formatting everytime

until you want to insert a single picture that is

>word cuck hate thread
>hate word cuck thread
Cred Forums uses that and botnet incorrectly about 99.9% of the time.

fuck off underage

What the fuck? That's just a word. Your picture aims obviously at Cred Forums.

My highschool requires Office training and I'll have a big exam for Office. Some people have a life.

>t. wage cuck office drone.

>my high school

I'm a student. Office is fantastic for school. I tried LibreOffice and it's pure shit, even the interface is broken on Linux with Arc theme and there's no reason to use it on Windows, even Google Docs is much better. Latex is something I never used but it's good if you job requires it.

French faggots ITT

Yeah. I'm late, bye

>being unironically triggered by a word
Back to your safe space, faggor.
>>>/tumblr/

I have nothing wrong with you for using Word, but you should try LaTeX before coming and saying "some people have a life", shouldn't you? :)

MIT alumni triggered

So I can create 5 lorem ipsum latech documents and my PhD will be ez?