Did anything good ever come out of these things?

did anything good ever come out of these things?

i just sold my raspberry pi model b (the first one that came out), 16gb sd card, power supply, case to my uncle for $25

the thing was a slow piece of shit even when oc'd to 1000mhz (700mhz was the default)

seriously can't believe actually find those shits useful with such slow ass performance

The Raspberry Pi is intended for specific, low power tasks, not as a desktop PC replacement. I bought the first model ever and still use it as a seedbox, hasn't given me any major problems

>seriously can't believe actually find those shits useful with such slow ass performance

your perspective is obviously a little out of whack, or you are not the target audience. The raspberry pi is not for playing crysis.

People have been using bare microcontrollers and arduino for almost a decade and the RPi is many hundreds of times more powerful.

External HDD with powered USB hub?

Regular laptop HDD with external power source

it can barely handle the front page of youtube, i opened up the Epiphany browser, typed in youtube.com just to test it out and it was slow as hell, i tried other websites and its even more slower

mind you this is at the overclocked 1000mhz, not to mention booting up takes a min or 2 as well

and when it was coming out it sure was being advertised as a low power/low cost pc replacement and it honestly still is

>using a pi as a desktop
Raspis arent your alienware bought with mommies tendy money

>it can barely handle the front page of youtube,
good thing headless network devicess and robot controllers have no need of youtube.

Buy a fucking smartphone.

>and when it was coming out it sure was being advertised as a low power/low cost pc replacement
You're a moron.
>and it honestly still is
Supposedly the pi3 can limp along as a desktop replacement

nobody is saying it is, i'm just saying it doesn't even handle a fucking website and the load times are garbage

I would like a Raspberry Pi to make my own VPS.

My school bought them for all the students in my os class so we can Learn Linux commands

Treat it like an embedded computer and it's great. It will always be shitty trying to use it as a personal computer.

fucking GUItards lmao

Do you not have a kodi box?

if so:

lol.

They're golden if you want to make a basic serve. They are low-power little computers that, at the end of the month, won't put much of a burden in your electricity bill.
Plus, if you get more creative, you can use it even for domotics.

Holy fuck how I loathe modern Cred Forums.

What the hell happened to imageboards? Why are we cursed with these fucking submental normalfaggots?

When will a true rain wash it all away?

I used mine for a class project but nothing since
plenty of electronic waste, I'd imagine

gr8 b8 m8

>People act like idiots on a smart board
>Surprised when actual idiots jump in

They're more for screwing around with than anything.