/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Cred Forums wiki headphone FAQ
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/SoundMAGIC-Gunmetal-Isolating-Earphones-eartips/dp/B00J4SRJWG/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1474501007&sr=8-1&keywords=BONUS Value Pack! SoundMAGIC E10 SILVER (Gunmetal), Noise Isolating In-Ear Earphones + Extra eartips pack
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/819110-REG/Sennheiser_523877_Coiled_Cable_for_HD25.html
s.aliexpress.com/fuqqQBZf
aliexpress.com/price/sennheiser-hd600-cable_price.html
rbt.asia/g/thread/S53512153#p53525091
businessinsider.com/soundpeats-qcy-qy8-cheap-bluetooth-headphones-review-2015-10?IR=T
en.goldenears.net/25896
en.goldenears.net/index.php?mid=GR_Earphones&category=112&document_srl=56170
clarityfidelity.blogspot.com/2016/07/lg-tone-hbs-1100-bt-iem.html
youtube.com/watch?v=YzGxUKNKVUc
youtube.com/watch?v=G2M4AgF4Xbc
amazon.com/HyperX-Stinger-Headset-HX-HSCS-BK-NA/dp/B01L2ZRYVE/
amazon.com/dp/B0153XL4V2
amazon.com.mx/Sennheiser-HD-598-Audífonos-Circumaurales/dp/B0126HISOO/
youtube.com/watch?v=ArpFwKsOviQ
thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-noise-cancelling-headphones/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Making a new thread before there is any reasonable justification for it as usual, faggot. Thanks for not disappointing us.

You forgot:
>Asking "Hey guys, what's your opinion on x?" is frowned upon.
>Wireless is frowned upon.
>Headset requests are frowned upon.
>Noise isolation ≠ Noise cancellation
>If you dislike a suggestion, try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked instead of going "hurr, x sucks"

Woops.

Why are wireless and headsets frowned upon again, last time I checked you didn't have an argument.

>last time I stuck my head in the sand when presented any argument.
FTFY

Typically the Fidelio X2 is recommended for open and bassy.

kys

Oh look, it's Jakkasu and he wants to shit up another /hpg/.

>implying anyone can make you do anything
I'd suggest you grow up and take responsibility for your own actions but you've proven completely incapable of doing that

Ok, this is going to sound retarded, but those are the exact same headphones my best friend throughout middle school, high school, and college had. We had a huge falling out because of some shit that ended up fucking up my life for awhile, so those are not going to happen.

the plastic slide pieces on my dt770pros broke and i dont feel like paying $20 + $35 shipping to ge the replacement piece (its like less than $.001 worth of material fuckem)

whats another good pair of closed cans that wont bust after 3 years of use

>We had a huge falling out
Over headphones?

Both of you need to be 18 and over to post here.

No, over me getting drunk and cheating on my gf of over 3 years with his little sister, then bribing his little sister to keep it secret until she had a semi-mental breakdown over it which caused him, his family, and all of our mutual friends to hate me. It was pretty fucked up.

I'm 26.

And apparently those Fidelio X2s came out fairly recently, but the headphones he had were extremely similar looking.

Maybe you shouldnt have fuck his sister. Ever think of that?

DT990 600 ohm then, you get the treble detail plus bass.

HD 569

Yeah I've had the last 5 years to regret making that decision.

Reason for 600ohm over 250 and 32?

they look a little cheap

anything a bit better?

So, small differences in the driver, possible the gauge in the driver coil?
I get why, i'm actually trying to understand how, i guess what they said is right though, different gauge in the coil does makes some sense.

Hd800s

V-Moda headphones are built like tanks, but it will not sound at all like a DT770.

other than the slide piece the 770s are amazing :/

i dont know why they made the piece that will see the most wear/use out of plastic (and then charge half the price of the headphones for a replacement)

>Reason for 600ohm over 250 and 32?
No reason specifically but since you have an amp the damping factor should be better plus the 600ohm is only available in premium.

Thanks, I'll add them to my list.

Just as you have no reasonable justification for wireless/headsets being bad?

Thought so.

That's already been addressed but it isn't unexpected that you missed it as you stuck your head in the sand. And you could have let it go but apparently it's everyone else that makes you shitpost.

The only shitposts here are from you.

>It isn't shitposting when *I* do it
Still a special little snowflake with his head in the sand.

>stop liking what I don't like
Grow up or leave.

Is there a way to get the HD600s without the gay speckled marble color scheme?

I'd ask you why you assume I care if you like what I don't like but I try not to waste my time because I know you're the same shitposter who sticks his head in the sand and tries a new tack by going back to past posts when he's got nothing.

HD650.
Never said that, anyway the only shitposter here is you.

Have you googled for HD600 mods?

>Never said that
It takes two to carry on a conversation, even one made entirely of shitposting. Claiming the other guy is the only one who is shitposting *is* saying exactly that. You aren't a retard but you are an immature liar.

Where am I shitposting? Feel free to point my post and explain how I'm shitposting.

>the other guy

Nice joke.

>Where am I shitposting?
Thanks for proving the point. You aren't new these threads. You are the same child making a new thread before the thread limit with the same OP going through the same motions that ends up with your head in the sand. Trying to act like it didn't happen when anyone who has been lurking /hpg/ for longer than a week knows better.

Okay, so I'm the boogeyman that you created in your mind. Cool, I feel honored I can be a part of someone's silly fantasies.

Have a nice day, shitposter-kun.

>that you created in your mind.
Thanks for proving the "sticking your head in the sand" part. I could go through the motions of posting links to rbt archives or posting images like pic related but you have long since proven you choose to act like a child and cannot even be shamed into trying to act like an adult.

You know what i love about you guys, you are all so worried that people like or not what you do (or not) that you don't even mind that the one single rule to actually avoid shitposting , aka "If you dislike a suggestion, try giving a better suggestion" never even shows up in your stupid complaints, beucause you are all so fucking busy violating that single rule by either saying something sucks or defending it instead of giving better suggestions to actually make OP better than it has currently being, bunch of whiny faggots, you are no better than the OP you dislike.

Not him but what's that image supposed to prove?

>implying there are any rules in /hpg/ other than the rules that applies to Cred Forums in general or Cred Forums in specific.

Where the fuck do you buy the Fidelio X2s from? Amazon only has them from random third party faggots, and I don't trust any other online retailer tbqh

Are you seriously trying to understand or just shitposting?

exactly, and you all use that as a good excuse to shit everything up, just look at that, all those posts, not a single headphone mentioned, faggot.

Precisely.

>exactly
I don't understand your point. You argue about it being a rule, and when told it isn't a rule you agree that your original point is invalid and it is other people's fault it is invalid and they shit up the thread even though your initial premise is invalid?

>or just shitposting

>wah wah every post that disagrees with my pov or questions me is shitposting

Why did I even bother asking...

Samefag

>I don't understand
Not surprised.
damn, you must be very green.

>Why did I even bother asking...
Because you are shitposting. That is the only rational conclusion as you cannot answer whether or not you are seriously asking.

oh look, CG is up late...

>CG
get with the times the newest shitposter is Jakkasu

>Budget
Preferably under 30 dollars
>Location
USA
>Source
S7 and chromebook
>Preferred type of headphone
IEM
>Comfort level
As comfy as possible
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral or V shaped, whatever sounds accurate to the recording
>Past headphones
Panasonic ergofit
I'm interested in the different chink headphone makers but I feel like all of the amazon reviews are shills. pls help.

>Not surprised
Why not? Most rational people don't present a point and then immediately agree with a refutation of their point. You are not surprised because you are schitzophernic and realize that your posts confuse everyone else as lacking any sense whatsoever?

You should've treated them like a newborn baby.

Plastidip

i did my head is just fat

reposting

>budget
$160

>location
USA

>source
PC and Phone

>preferred type
Fullsized and over ear

>open or closed
closed

>comfort level
Doesn't matter

>past headphones
M50x and various Phillips headphones

Thats what i said to ur mummy bum bum last night

ahahaha what a mad man!!

dt770 pro 80 ohm limited edition

>Budget
~$60

>Location
US

>Source
Laptop, iPad, Old shitty iPod

>Preferred type
IEM

>Comfort
I'll sacrifice for better sound

>Preferred tonal balance
Couldn't say. IDK.

>Past headphones
I currently have the headphones below. They're good but starting to fall apart a little bit. Wondering what ~$60 would get me for headphones. Got the phones below for ~$30 before and they are more expensive now. I'd rather get something of better sound quality if I am going to spend more.

amazon.com/SoundMAGIC-Gunmetal-Isolating-Earphones-eartips/dp/B00J4SRJWG/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1474501007&sr=8-1&keywords=BONUS Value Pack! SoundMAGIC E10 SILVER (Gunmetal), Noise Isolating In-Ear Earphones + Extra eartips pack

>budget
50€ flexible budget
>location
Germany
>source
PS4, N3DSXL, TV, phone and ipad on occasion
>preferred type
full sized
>open or close
open
>comfort level
comfy within the budget range
>preferred tonal balance
as neutral as possible within the budget range

Would Sony MDR MA300s fit the bill? How are they overall? They got a mention in the wiki's pastebin guide.

What is the next logical step after HD 558/598s? That is before getting an amp and DAC?

So the Fidelio X2s are on sale on Amazon UK for 117 GBP, or about $150. I just bought them, and for some reason the price went down to 97.49 GBP, and then with the faster shipping my total was like 120 GBP or $160.

Only bad news is it'll take like a month or two for them to come in. But that's like half off, so whatever.

HD 600.

One of the big three.

Whats the big three? Hd600, akg???,???? The last one better not be beyers.

AKG and Beyer doesn't have a single headphone that outperforms the HD558.

HD600/650, AKG702, and DT880. Different sound signatures for different individual preferences.

anyone have some suggestions?

check out theheadphonelist for IEM recommendations

>theheadphonelist
cool thanks a bunch. never heard of the site before. I'll check it out right now.

the only place i can find piston 3's has them for 25 dollars. are they still worth it at that price?

Did you check aliexpress or ebay?

Newfag here. Can someone explain burn in for me?

Is there a good smaller cord for the HD 600s? The one out of the box is fucking 6 feet long and flimsy as shit.

Some people believe headphones need to play music for a few days straight to loosen up the drivers and make sure they sound their best.

Isn't that just your ears getting used to the headphones / earphones? Or do they actually sound better?

nobody actually knows
i swear ebay just has a bunch of 2 dollar fakes.

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/819110-REG/Sennheiser_523877_Coiled_Cable_for_HD25.html

Gearbest? Banggood? Coolicool? Fasttech? Everbuying? Aliexpress?

ill check those out. thanks. are they the best iems under around 30 dollarydoos?

Why the fuck would I buy a 55 dollar cable?

It also doesn't look better than the ones that came in the box.

Them, rock zircons, bluedio n2, kz ed9, kz ate, etc.

Lots of options but the pistons are probably your safest bet.

Wireless headbuds and over the ear phones are not bad at all. You guys just hate convenience. Give me three (3) reasons why they aren't good.

Give me
>three (3) reasons
why they are good faggot.

Stop shitposting jakkasu.

>inferior sound quality
>needs to be recharges
>more parts that can potentially break.

How about the pros?
>much longer range
>no wires
>more convenient in many use cases

Is 3 of each enough for you?
Now fuck off shitposter.

Why is it literally one shillposter every time that derails these threads?

If you faggots stopped falling for his shit bait and replying to every postvthen he'd stop.

Not the same user but . . .
>much longer range
Bluetooth has a range of what? 30 feet if there is no interference? Cables have a range of what? Hundreds of feet if there is no interference?

Why do I waste my time pointing out these inconvenient facts when you are just going to stick your head in the sand?

>no wires
>more convenient in many use cases
You've presented the same argument as two different arguments.

Can you get a trip so I can filter you?
>inb4 what's a trip, I'm only here so I can make my $9.50/hour from Bluetooth shilling on Cred Forums and nowhere else

Imagine that. That sounds exactly like why we have the various lines specifically in the full OP.

put a trip on so we can filter you.

>wireless
>shit sound quality, bitrate, and dac
>tiny ass efficient drivers
>need to be charged often

>over the ear
>worst of both worlds (open, yet closed) for no bass, no soundstage, and still leak sound like nothing else, and have super imprecise driver placement
>hook hurts ear after a while
>fall off easy if they don't have hooks

Why did you repeat the same request requested? Touch a nerve and trying the same tactic hoping it is just as effective on him?

And yes, he is a different poster meaning there are at least two guys here who you seem to personally loathe. But come on. At least exercise a little creativity in your shitposting.

all this anti wireless samefagging is painful. How pathetically desperate do you have to be? How much time are you wasting on this? God damnit I wish i had that kind of commitment with college, i'd be getting high distinctions every semester.

Who the fuck is "we", you are the only shill here.

Just let him be, it's hilarious to watch him waste his life away on this.
Pathetic, but funny nonetheless.

Like I told you fags before, Hyper X Cloud/Core...A Rank Headphones.

What the fuck, you post in these threads every fucking hour.
>How pathetically desperate do you have to be? How much time are you wasting on this? God damnit I wish i had that kind of commitment with college, i'd be getting high distinctions every semester.
Literally all you. Where are those college distinctions faggot?

Does anyone get scared they listen to music too much? I want my ears to be functional when I'm older. Even if it's at a reasonable volume, there's gotta be some damage happening, r
ight?

HyperX Cloud is the only headphone that can be recommended when a headphone + mic recommendation is not acceptable. Why are they the only one? Because they are just a rebranded Pro80 without a ridiculous gamer tax?

Zircons were crazy v shaped in a bad way to me. Ridiculous boomy bass and ice pick highs. Just ordered a pair of kz ates, hopefully they're more neutral. Couldn't find pistons for under 15 so I bought the ates. Could anyone tell me more about how they sound?

>tfw there are wireless headphones that are objectively superior to the ones you own

Hyper X Cloud Core

>Does anyone get scared they listen to music too much?
No. Most people do not live in a world of complete silence. Your house/apartment makes noise from the heating/cooling units. Just settling creates low level audible vibrations. Traffic noises from outside are somewhat obfuscated by windows and walls but are still audible. High pitched whines from electronics are usually inaudible but not always. The compressor pump on the refridgerator, etc. etc. etc.
It isn't listening to sounds too much that causes damage to your hearing. It is when you listen to it for too loud that it becomes a risk.

I've ordered some super cheap ones from ali before. Eoasi or something? Was on sale for a dollar and imo sound quality is fantastic. If you're willing to put up with cheap wires/build quality I can link you.

Sound quality at that price is fucking insane.

Good treble and base, not horrible mids.

>objectively superior
Objectively superior in what way? And don't say convenience as that is a subjective metric not an objective one.

Sure, link me dude

objectively superior frequency response that your wired garbage will never achieve.

How do the new Xiaomi hybrids compare to the kz ates? All I know is that the new hybrids are like twice the price of the ates so I'm not sure which to go for. I like a more neutral sound signature instead of a usual V shape.

>objectively superior frequency response
Okay. Please provide a model that is objectively superior in regards to frequency response to the HD25. I'm going easy on you since I also own HD650.

Promotional EIAOSI X6 3.5mm good bass metal earphone headphones with Microphone for iPhone 6 5S 4S 4 Samsung MP3 MP4
s.aliexpress.com/fuqqQBZf
(from AliExpress Android)

I bought the gold ones, currently their $2.5 but imo it's still well worth it at that price.

Not sure, was just listing the best budget ones I could remember. Currently using the ones linked and bluedio N2 earphones, haven't bought any others yet.

Stop feeding the troll.

>Stop feeding the troll.
But mom! I like painting retards into corners.

They're*
Fuck.

But yeah, to add to that. On my redmi 3 they sounded pretty flat until I enabled one of the preset eq options for xiaomi earphones.

On my nexus 5 and iPod nano 4g it sounds great without an eq.

>doesn't know how DSP or TruNote work
retard

What's that, something they taught you at wireless shill job training?

>not only does he not even try to deny being retarded, he continues to expose just how retarded and uneducated he is
why do you post in headphone threads when you understand absolutely nothing about them?

Think happy thoughts and stop being an edgy cunt (:

DSP? You mean digital signal processing? Something that DACs do which is separate from what analog headphone drivers do? Are you trying to move the goalposts from what headphones, wired or wireless, produce and measure in frequency response, by arguing about DACs?

I'm going to assume you have no objectively better frequency response wireless headphone than the HD25 and trying to muddle the point with buzzwords.

>DSP? You mean digital signal processing? Something that DACs do which is separate from what analog headphone drivers do?
>literally moving the goalposts
nice try retard. i claimed these wireless headphones had better frequency responses than any wired headphones on the market, and the claim is not wrong.

>i claimed these wireless headphones had better frequency responses than any wired headphones on the market
Then your post about DSP and TruNote (or JBLs "personal" eq tuning which is again about DACs) was specious? Then I await some "objective standard of frequency response" or what is usually used around here, an image or link to a FR chart to the specific model you claim is better than the HD25.

Enjoy your brain cancer faggots.

your right,that does sound retarded

>which is again about DACs
>still moving the goalposts because the retard can't formulate a valid argument
looks like we're done here, you keep your head in the sand with your shit tier on-ears, i'll enjoy my music how it's supposed to sound and not limit myself to garbage headphones for the sake of them having a wire sticking out.

>still moving the goalposts because the retard can't formulate a valid argument
Yes, it does seem that you are trying to move the goalposts from your original claim because you cannot provide what was asked:
>some "objective standard of frequency response" or what is usually used around here, an image or link to a FR chart to the specific model you claim is better than the HD25.
I made no mention about DACs or DSP or TruNote. That was you. But now it seems you are trying to pin your attempts to move the goalposts on me. So we can agree to drop your previous response about "retard ignorant of DSP. . ." and go back to the original claim.
>I await some "objective standard of frequency response" or what is usually used around here, an image or link to a FR chart to the specific model you claim is better than the HD25.
to support your claim:
>there are wireless headphones that are objectively superior [in frequency response] to the ones you own [HD25].

I expect a third failure to substantiate this claim in any way, ie. more shitposting.

Posts like these are not going to win over any audiophile or headphone enthusiast that might be sitting on the fence. And acting all self-righteous is just going to alienate the audio ignorant.

It's probably false flagging, just drop it. We don't need any more shitposting ITT.

He's acting like an idiot self-destructingly advocating wireless headphones to support wired headphones?

i'm not a shill, it's not my intention to win any fence sitters over.

i just like putting retards in their places and pointing out the equipment they brag about is garbage because they're too delusional to realize it.

>i just like putting retards in their places and pointing out the equipment they brag about is garbage because they're too delusional to realize it.
Are you the idiot who tried to claim wireless headphones were objectively better than wired headphones and when put to the test threw a tantrum in the thread?

Yes.

Actual wireless user here. Idgaf about wired vs wireless but that shit doesn't belong in the op imo.

Only reason anyone would get so autistic is false flagging or taking advantage of a bad situation to attention whore.

unlike you, no, i don't shit up every single thread with wireless v wired bullshit. i just felt like putting wiredonlyfag to shame for his utter stupidity.

So I found this website that sells custom cables
aliexpress.com/price/sennheiser-hd600-cable_price.html

Which is the best for my new HD 600s? The stock cable that came with it feels like it was made using 2 dollar materials and it's also 6 feet long.

>Yes.
You are the same idiot who claimed that wireless is objectively better than wired. And yet you claim:
>Idgaf about wired vs wireless
Why did you claim wireless is objectively better and anyone who doesn't agree with you is if they don't agree with you:
>they're too delusional to realize it

You know. If you didn't shitpost in an attempt to thrust your beliefs on others every time the full OP is presented we wouldn't have these shitposts.

In result, we return yet again to proving removing parts from the full OP creates as much if not more shitposting.

>feels like it was made using 2 dollar materials
well duh the cable is supposed to resemble the headphones

>there is someone else so autistic they have to shitposti in every single thread about their distaste for wireless and utter hardon for terrible headphones
did AKG fanboy get a new hobby?

>You are the same idiot who claimed that wireless is objectively better than wired. And yet you claim:
>>Idgaf about wired vs wireless
I am?

>Why did you claim wireless is objectively better and anyone who doesn't agree with you is if they don't agree with you:
>>they're too delusional to realize it
I said that?

>You know. If you didn't shitpost in an attempt to thrust your beliefs on others every time the full OP is presented we wouldn't have these shitposts.
I shitpost?

>In result, we return yet again to proving removing parts from the full OP creates as much if not more shitposting.
This is all very new to me, I had no idea I could unconsciously shitpost, since I wasn't aware of having ever made those posts you claim I did...

In fact, your reply reeks of shit because it's probably a shitpost.

Its CG with a new name. Instead of shilling grados and hating on v6, senny, beyer build quality he switch to wireless vs wired. Just so he can post the OP. If you look at the OP from 2014 its never said the reddit opinion shit at the top.

Just ignore, and i have a feeling the person who keeps post 3dpd pictures is the same person.

Wire turns, wire gauge and wire length.

Moon Audio and Cardas cables. Amazing products, insane value.

>I am?
Sorry. Seems I got two different posters mixed up.

>i don't shit up every single thread with wireless v wired bullshit.
Really now?Maybe you won't but it has been proven in past threads that someone will even in non-full OPs. See pic in for example.

>i just felt like putting wiredonlyfag to shame for his utter stupidity.
By posting a claim and then completely failing to support your claim. You put wiredonlyfag to shame by throwing a tantrum in the thread.

Why are you arguing for the shitty op? No one cares if you want to frown upon wireless and headsets, but why are you forcing your shitty opinion on this thread?

>taking advantage of a bad situation to attention whore.
Have you ever tried painting an idiot into a corner and see how he tries to get out of it? It can be quite entertaining.

>Why are you arguing for the shitty op?
Are you seriously asking or just shitposting?

I put HM5 hybrids on my M50x's after owning them for a year and, to me, the sound changed for the better. Less boomy bass and highs are more present, which I like. Putting them on was hell and I thought they were gonna rip.

Seriously.
The op is not a place for your opinion so why force it?

Feel free to frown all you want in the thread but why shit up the op?

>The op is not a place for your opinion so why force it?
You haven't even heard my argument and present a counter-argument. Okay. Let's start talking about your counter-argument.
What if it is not _my_ opinion? What if I am putting it in the OPs I create because there is utility, specifically utility in minimizing shitposting in /hpg/?

And don't argue that there is less shitposting in less than full OP threads. This thread clearly proves that is wrong.

Frowning upon something is an opinion you fucking idiot.

the more it is alluded to, the most shitposting it creates.
>What if it is not _my_ opinion?
it is your opinion. hpg is not one person and in all the years of the threads being made there has never been a general understanding that wireless is 'frowned upon'

it's just you stupid newfags trying to change the status quo to push your shitty agenda.

Straw man. Not a serious argument. Not even an argument.

>it is your opinion.
It was around for months without issue. How is it my opinion when it has historically been a part of /hpg/'s OP until someone started picking a fight about wireless headphones every time the full OP was used?

It's not that there's less shitposting, it's just that the shitposting is limited to one autistic user who has some unexplained grudge against wireless and headsets.

Also opinions for some weird reason.

Good job disregarding everything convenient. Thanks for proving you're just a shitposter.

>it's just that the shitposting is limited to one autistic user who has some unexplained grudge against wireless and headsets.
Please explain to me how it was in the OP for months? One "autistic user" stayed online and conscious for months to make sure the full OP was included in every thread?

>Good job disregarding everything convenient.
I thought I did a good job of disregarding everything irrelevant to the current topic, ie. inconvenient to a serious discussion.

Not an argument.

Which one?

>historically
spot the retarded newfag

Not an argument.

>straw man
>not an argument
I'm sorry, I can't take you seriously.

Not really sorry though, just being polite.

rbt.asia/g/thread/S53512153#p53525091
Started no later than March 2015. Became an issue in August? July? What is that time frame between at latest March to July? Months?

not an argument.

Why was it even included in the first place?
You shouldn't put your shitty opinion in the op you entitled cunt.

You are only shitposting and not even trying to have a serious discussion.

Are you trying to argue that his point about "frowning is an opinion" is relevant to the topic of
"It is not my opinion and that it's inclusion has utility?"

Not an argument.

>Why was it even included in the first place?
A good question. Why do you think it was?

Just use a zip tie

If nobody has responded then chances are nobody has tried any of those cables, just choose whichever one looks the nicest.

But the cable literally feels like something you get from the dollar store

The best ones there are "silver plated" and I don't want to end up buying some snake oil product.

I thought you wanted a serious discussion not just shitposting. I guess I was wrong.

There's a lot of research and videos saying all cables sound the same, so I'm pretty sure you'll be fine no matter which cable you buy.

Quality wise, I highly doubt a chinese cable would be much better.

>>it's just that the shitposting is limited to one autistic user who has some unexplained grudge against wireless and headsets.
>Please explain to me how it was in the OP for months? One "autistic user" stayed online and conscious for months to make sure the full OP was included in every thread?

Yes actually. People will literally be autistic enough to post the same thread just to make the OP. Just look at the /dpt/ a couple years ago. The same goes for the "i cant order pizza because of non software" and the maki poster from r9k who literally post off topic thread solely for the sake of shitposting.

You can't reason with JK user, it's best to stop replying like I did.

Doesn't make wireless headphones less shite, though.

Not if the cable transmits analogue signal. It needs to have at least cheap shielding.

>Just look at the /dpt/ a couple years ago
I don't recall one OP having made the same thread for two years in /dpt/ or even for months. And there have been various OPs that posted. As mentioned in an age old thread when some fag complained about a weeb OP image that I always post an anime image and try to choose an image that doesn't favor any one headphone. There are plenty of non-anime /hpg/ OPs during those months and some anime OPs that I didn't post. Given this evidence, it is neither my personal opinion.

It conclusion, your counter-argument is defeated, if only for the last two weeks of this bump limit jumping fag not constantly posting the OP, or his opinion, as there are several full OP threads in the last few days. It is also defeated in that there is evidence that others have posted the OP for months moving the full OP out of any characteristic of "my opinion" and into a historically established standard of what we today call the Full OP.

beyerdynamic dt990 outperforms the HD 558. GoldenEars confirms it

Who is "we". You are obviously making the OP for yourself. The time it was originally created has nothing to do with anything.

Lets assume you didnt make the thread with the "full op" (kek), """you""" obviously get mad if anything gets posted differently. If thats not autism i dont know what is.

It shouldnt matter if someone buys wireless, beats, m50 or any other headphones. It's their money and choice. Do you go up to people on the street who wears beats and wireless earbuds and tell them they should not have purchase those? No. Its their decision to buy whatever they want. Whether its 10 dollar chink iem or 1500 dollar wireless headphones it doesnt matter.

>Who is "we".
Everyone who used the full OP for months.

>You are obviously making the OP for yourself.
No, I am making the OP to see /hpg/ perpetuate.

>The time it was originally created has nothing to do with anything.
The time it was originally created and how long it was used and by who it was used all indicate that the full OP is larger than merely "my opinion."

>"you""" obviously get mad if anything gets posted differently.
No, I correct an OP that is not a full OP. If something new is added but beneficial, like for instance "Don't just say X sucks, present an alternative" then it is assimilated into the full OP.

>It shouldnt matter if someone buys wireless, beats, m50 or any other headphones
It does not matter what someone buys in /hpg/. It doesn't matter if someone buys headphones without filling out the form. You are raising a specious argument.

Is the DT990 good? I've heard mixed reviews on it, apparently it requires EQ to reach its full potential?

It does need EQ

Beware though this headphone is decidedly not what you expect if you want something neutral, it is a little bassy and some people don't realize that before they buy it, and you need to understand that you can't return any beyerdynamic headphones, that's where the Beyersremorse meme comes from

Not an argument.

Now you're just shitposting.

Retard that's not where the Beyersremorse meme comes from.

People see the high price tag and expect a good headphone and then are sad when they receive a shit one instead.

And you're not?

I do not believe so. I try to hold my end of a serious conversation. For example, when someone states "you get mad if anything gets posted differently" I conduct my end of the discussion by correcting that mistake and point out how things are added to the OP if they are beneficial.

Are you simply judging anyone who doesn't agree with you is shitposting rather than making such a judgment based upon what is actually written?

>I do not believe so. I try to hold my end of a serious conversation.
You disregard any serious argument.

>For example, when someone states "you get mad if anything gets posted differently" I conduct my end of the discussion by correcting that mistake and point out how things are added to the OP if they are beneficial.
No you don't.

>Are you simply judging anyone who doesn't agree with you is shitposting rather than making such a judgment based upon what is actually written?
That's what you do.

Anyone who's seen your anti wireless crusades knows you're full of shit.

This is my last reply to you because I know your tactics. You will bait and shitpost every thread that doesn't frown upon wireless and headsets and ignore every valid counterargument. I'm done with you.

>You disregard any serious argument.
Such as?

>No you don't.
Explain this conclusion.

You are free to drop your end of a serious conversation. However, be aware that your words will be left on their own to be judged. Given how you've come to completely self-serving conclusions and unwilling/incapable of bolstering them from being impeached then your parting words are at best worth nothing and free to be judged as shitposting.

>You will bait and shitpost every thread that doesn't frown upon wireless and headsets
Stop projecting your bullshit like the pic in on others.

Can't even defend your ridiculous wireless so you stop replying? That's fine by me, you should have given up from the start.
Wireless has never had any advantage over wired and I'll be sure to post the full op for the next thread so this shitposting can end.

Whats a good in ear around the neck that i can use in the gym, i listen to metal so dont want it too much bass and i dont want it to sound tinny and with a that has a low volume...oh and under £50 pls

Whats a good in ear around the neck headphone that i can wear in the gym, i dont want anything that sounds tinny, low volume or looks gay.
Oh and under £50 as i just bought a house and am skint

double post as captcha was being a cunt

Not sure if you want wireless or not, but businessinsider.com/soundpeats-qcy-qy8-cheap-bluetooth-headphones-review-2015-10?IR=T

Does the headphone looking gay really matter? I mean isn't the sound quality more important?

Please respond to my post i do a lot of gaming and some heavy music listening if it will help.

ah see i used my daughters purple headphones, i thought they where ok, sound was fine but they looked shocking

Ive had these before, very good for a cheap wireless but my phone always has a hard time connecting to wireless for some reason...i may well get these again tho

You mean establishing the connection or just short range?

What phone? If short range just keep your phone close? Idk

It's V-shaped with emphasis on treble. Audition before you buy. It is very comfortable and solid build.

bump

So can someone tell me of wired are actually better than wireless? Not that I plan to get any wireless I was just wondering.

Same reason all wired communication is better than wireless communication.

is it weird i find comply foam tips medium size too big? it came with my brainwavz m1 and now im considering to order a small on their website.

What kind of cables do you people like?
Copper, silver, coiled wire? Any specific brand preference?

TRS coiled cables for headphones, straight TRS for instruments, the occasional RCA for splitting stuff and Aux connections.
Don't really care for the material as long as it's enough of a good conductor.

Will you stop being disingenuous every damn time? Or is English your third language?

The OP says they are frowned upon and you seek "why are they objectively bad". That's not what it says. It merely reflects the opinion of the community at large and does not attempt to validate it.
If you actually need evidence that they are frowned upon, look at all the previous threads, and this one.

I don't personally care about the OP, but please stop being disingenuous, stop creating threads before the bump limit, and stop complaining about "shitposting" when you're the one creating most of it.

TL;DR KYS

Not the person you are talking to, but what's the deal with the pic cutting out all the good stuff of a recording?

>tfw you were asleep for all this Jakkasu shitposting

>tfw touching the cable on my headphones causes on the ears to go out at random

Never buy the ATH500X

>lYQIVwE.png

hd580

I have variations of this meme and selected one randomly, forgot what this one was trying to convey

So you're american?

NOW IT ALL MAKES SENSE

literally one of the most v-shaped headphones that exists, with a giant ear-rape treble spike. I have no idea why these are tolerated, they're the worst beyer and they're grado tier in terms of how fucked up they are. if you want a bassy open headphone get an x2, hell even a 681evo would be better. at least those don't pierce your ear drum.

>The OP says they are frowned upon and you seek "why are they objectively bad".

Why do you assume that? I'm not that poster, btw.

>That's not what it says. It merely reflects the opinion of the community at large and does not attempt to validate it.

Maybe about 50% of the community, the others are open to it, and that 50% is me being generous.

>If you actually need evidence that they are frowned upon, look at all the previous threads, and this one.

You retards aren't arguing why wireless is frowned upon, you're arguing about whether it should be in the OP or not. And IMO it shouldn't.

> I'm not that poster, btw.
Yet you have the same reading comprehension issues.

U jelly?

I live in the objectively best country in the world.

Not to mention I have the choice of any headphone at the best prices.

Suck it, Europoors.

>guy asks why is it frowned upon
>you assume he's asking why it's objectively bad

And I'm the one with reading comprehension issues? Ok pham.

Europe
>Sennheiser
>AKG
>Beyerdynamic

Asia
>HiFiMan
>Stax
>Audio Technica

USA
>Beats
>Skullcandy
>Grado

replace AKG with Focal, that have no credibility with their current lineup.

Either you just got here and read none of the previous threads where the shitposter was active, or are him.
In all cases, kys newfag

looks like asia wins

B-but shure, bose and westone!!

Despite being French, I don't really have Focal offerings on my mind as I can't get past the squeakiness. But you're right, it would have been more balanced.

USA
>Etymotic Research
>Audeze
>Harman/JBL
>Koss
>Shure

You get the idea.

Sennheiser HD 598's are on sale for $149, would I be better off waiting and searching for better prices or should I just get them off amazon for right now?

HD558 is literally the same thing for 100 USD.

>audeze
embarrassing

If I could get a pair of HD800 used for $600, should I do it?

Worst case scenario, it sounds like shit, you can probably sell it at the same price or for a tiny profit.

Why do you lie to that user

he's right though.

They're the same thing, kiddo.

Same drivers, same wiring, same contruction and materials. Unless you are talking about the color scheme or the small removable foam inside the grill i don't know what you mean.

I almost never engage in this wireless shitposting war but the only arguments I have seen for wireless are:

-"the downsides don't matter because of the convenience in my personal situation."

which is fine, though in most of those situations wires are just fine imo. and it's not really an argument for wireless at that point, more an argument for a personal choice which can't really be refuted.

or

-"wireless has no downsides because [objective limitation] doesn't matter/doesn't exist" or "[product marketing] eliminates that problem!".

both are pretty much non-arguments, they're just vague claims that I have never seen backed up with solid evidence.

the fact is that all wireless implementations that are "convenient" to most people, like bluetooth, necessarily have to rely on compression and/or signal processing, which in theory is fine as long as in the end the sound is audibly transparent compared to the source, but that has never gone past the points of claims of transparency, so just opinions.

and that's just talking about the sound, there is also the battery, design limitations, weight, price etc.

wireless is fine if you accept the limitations and you think for your situation it's a good tradeoff, but those discussions aren't really appropriate for /hpg/. because most of us are chasing sound from headphones, period. so sound quality overrides most other considerations. it's pointless to ask about wireless products because most of us either don't know anything because there are no measurements, or we've seen some and dismissed them for not measuring well.

some independent, impressive measurements/specs of a reasonably priced wireless product might change some minds though.

who cares about the material?

I have never in my life found a method that suited for me to listen to music. I feel I'm either:
a. Listening to the same tracks over and over again (because I start listening to albums or a really specific playlist);
b. Listening to shit because I have so many songs.

Is there a way to have a random playlist, but still take into account my preferences? Basically software that employs an algorythm that shows me new songs that I may not have heard on my PC, but that remembers how much I liked them in order to play them in a near future or not. Say I skip a song at the beggining: "well I guess that song was shit, better not play that again". Say I listen to the whole song "I bet he likes that one, I'll remember that in the future".

Is this a thing? How do you guys deal with it?

Solid gold.

Shielding.

en.goldenears.net/25896

The LG Tone series are excellent measurement-wise.

This performance destroys most audiophile IEMs.

not him but what the fuck is this

What are the higest fidelity headphones for 200€?

I have to choose between: AKG K612 PRO, Beyerdynamic DT 770 250ohm, Audio Technica M40x, M50x and M-Audio HDH50. What would perform better than others?

Was about to say that, it seems to measure fine untill you see the CSD.

material of the conductor is what I was thinking there and it makes no difference whether it's copper/silver/gold etc

as useless as the ge csd plots are, that is very weird and doesn't make sense to me. someone better at analysis could shed some light on it

Something that's not audible.

Here's the 900:

en.goldenears.net/index.php?mid=GR_Earphones&category=112&document_srl=56170

Maybe HD558 or HD598.

K612 PRO but it's somewhat inefficient, if not then M40x.

>Here's the 900:
god that looks awfully compressed sounding. i can just imagine music sounding incredibly smeared with the lack of decay.

>amazon reviews
>blurred out too

those stinky chinks love their stars

>looks

Not audible though.

clarityfidelity.blogspot.com/2016/07/lg-tone-hbs-1100-bt-iem.html

The latest headset uses BA drivers. Might pick this one up just to try it.

Ok, first things first, do you need/want isolation? If so you can exclude the K612 which is open-back, otherwise, now, if you do want isolation, what's your preffered signature, V-Shape, bassy or closer to neutral, that's the DT770, M50 and M40 in order.
Personally, if i had to pick just one i'd go with the K612, but it benefis from an Amp and i'm not sure if you have/want one.
Don't know anything about the M-Audio one, sorry.
DT880 is going for 199 on Amazon, so unless the price changes i'd it is the one.

This my friends, is what causes brain cancer.

Help me out Cred Forums

AKG k240 or Philips SHP9500?

Heard many good things about the Philips, but they are not sold in my country, so I can't listen to them before ordering..

The Philips easily.

I have both, prefer my SHP's for extended use and I personally think vocals come through slightly better on them, that said the response is better overall from the k240's.

What is the interest in headphone CSD plots? I don't understand what more do they actually show on a tiny time axis like that. Smoothing used on GE makes them downright useless.

>muh audiophile golden ears that can hear ringing

I don't care about isolation. I think about bassy sound but not colorized and dull, but tight and dynamic one.

dt770 then.

Thanks!

Peaks in the frequency response are ringing and you hear that within some tolerance. CSD plot for headphones seems pointless to me. The fact that the treble range doesn't even start to fall down seems more like a source issue rather than something to do with the driver behavior.

CSD is a SBAF meme that has never been demonstrated to affect the listening experience.
Just ignore it.

>Budget
Around €170, max is €220

>Location
Germany

>Source
Macbook Pro Retina 15" Mid 2015
Do I need a DAC or AMP? Sorry, not very talented in audio tech.

Full sized

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
Multiple hours sessions

>Preferred tonal balance
Don't know. I guess a neutral sounds?
Music I like is something between:
youtube.com/watch?v=YzGxUKNKVUc
and
youtube.com/watch?v=G2M4AgF4Xbc

>Past headphones
Superlux HD681 and Apple EarPods, I guess I don't know what a nice sound is.

Thank you Cred Forums

If you are willing to spend $75 more the hd 600 is on sale right now.

Do you know what a CSD is? I don't think you do.

>Cumulative Spectral Decay
A way to visualize the magnitude of system's time-frequency response by units of time and frequency. From visual inspection, most people use the FFT, but there are other transform methods that can be used.
>Smoothing used on GE makes them downright useless
You could only begin to perceive how painfully limited the utility is even without the additional smoothing.
Fundamentally, all data about linear systems is given by either the impulse response or the frequency response, magnitude AND phase. The CSD is computed from this data. Since it doesn't show new information, what you want it to do is to is to visualize the same information in a form that is more easily understood.

Now, how to explain this?
There are two somewhat related approaches I could elaborate upon:

-The frequency response and properties of resonators
-The uncertainty principle

>The frequency response and properties of resonators
>The uncertainty principle
By all means, please do elaborate. Your posts are the rare interesting and informative bits of this thread.

>Budget
60-120
>Location
US
>Source
Phone and computer.
Fullsize or portable headphones if possible
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Decently comfy but I can compromise if they sound nice. Pls no clamp headphones I have a big head.
>Tonal balance
V-shaped maybe? I don't like boosted bass I just like clear sound.
>Past headphones
Shit, Seinnheser 419

>tfw you really want open back headphones but you don't want your roommates to hear your cringe worthy music

That's twice the budget and not IEM.

Youre overestimating the sound leakage. They can't hear your music unless they are literally right next to you.

But i play my music at 120dB

I agree with , i have tested several open-back, they hardly leak enough for people to know for sure what you are listening unless A: it's all so fucking quiet they'd hear a pin fall to the ground or B: your music is so loud you probably already have damaged it.

Should I buy a pair of Micca mb42x and a amp
Or
Should I save an buy a pair of 305

I just listen to music, gaymz and anime

Turn off your music, go to a doctor. At 125 db thats where you get physical pain in your ears.

it depends on the headphone, I own several openbacks and they leak varying amounts of sound

I wasn't aware of this, thanks!

niggers literally stole my SE215s while I was helping an old lady push her car out of traffic

DT250 80 ohm.

MDR-V6 or MDR-7506

Save for the 305, leagues better

chicago?

serve you right animeposter

>SE215
And nothing of value was lost.

Can anyone recommend a pair of inexpensive over-ear IEMs with excellent isolation? Looking at the M6 Pros.

no, California, Rancho Cucamonga to be specific

Thoughts?
I'm thinking to get this.

>inb4 wireless

That's pretty much the best choice.

rancho has niggers? my sister lives there. how come you didn't chase them? I'm assuming there more than one nigger that was doing it.

>wireless

FROWN.exe

5mins till the shitposter come by. take cover bois

I'm tempted to go with amazon.com/HyperX-Stinger-Headset-HX-HSCS-BK-NA/dp/B01L2ZRYVE/ for the price but I'm slightly worried as to why it is priced so low compared to amazon.com/dp/B0153XL4V2
Should I just bite the $60 bullet?

But those are the best. It's got "detachable cables".

No one disagrees, the issue is why someone feels the need to include his opinion in the op.

Can you try them out at a local store?

There's like a Bose store in every major mall.

I guess there is, this is the first time something like this has ever happened in my 18 years here

he hopped in the passenger seat of some car before they sped off. Light was red too so I couldn't chase after them. Old lady felt bad and wanted to pay for them, but I felt bad.

>Budget
Under 150 usd
>Location
Mootxico
>Source
Fiio e10K
Over
>Comfort level
As comfy as possible
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral or V shaped
>Past headphones
Cloud II
I'm interested in the different chink headphone makers but I feel like all of the amazon reviews are shills. pls help.

Forgot to say I would like open headphones

HD558, get em fast before the wall goes up

How good are the AKG 550? We have them on sale here, pretty cheap

The ath ad700x and 900x fit that description, although they lean a bit on the brighter side.

I use these on my HD600. Didn't buy it but it came included with my HD25 Plus which costed me 200 USD.

avoid like the plague

>wireless

why

no base

what price?
not if he gets a good seal, which he can.

Well then naturally giving them a test at the store before buying should be an obvious factor in helping make the decision

Why?

NEW THREAD

Sadly, the 558 aren´t available at Amazon.mx

Thanks, now I have 4 options
700x
900x
SHP9500
X2´s ( same price as the 900x, odd)

>Why?
hottest new /hpg/ meme is to pretend wireless sucks

amazon.com.mx/Sennheiser-HD-598-Audífonos-Circumaurales/dp/B0126HISOO/

>new meme
that's pretty old actually, you'd knew if you had being here for more time as well.

You can literally get noise canceling from any other manufacturer for less.

I feel so retarded right now

So that leaves me with 5 options
700x
900x
SHP9500
X2´s ( same price as the 900)
558 ( a little bit pricer than the 700x or 9500)

But Bose does it the best.
From those, I'd say the SHP9500 is the best if you want a flat sound, but the pads aren't replaceable so it's not a long term solution.

If you like bass, then Fidelio X2.

If you want all around, then HD598 Special Edition.

Why do you think that Bose does them the best?

Check what you like about each and eliminate the ones that have less important stuff, for example, do you want/need detachable cables? that would eliminate the AD700/900, do you preffer bassy or bright? AD are bright, X2 bassy, do you preffer something closer to neutral? HD558. Stage and positional accuracy is more importante, AD.
None of those is particulaly bad, so you can't go wrong, but it would be much better if you could test them before buying or exchange if you dislike.

>Light was red too so I couldn't chase after them.

so you were in a car-->got off and then help a lady-->nigger stole the earbuds and jump in car?

so were you just walking down the street and then the nigger grab it?

I warn user not to buy full headphone for this reason, I guess nigger knows about quality earbuds too? strange.

youtube.com/watch?v=ArpFwKsOviQ

i can't find the gif of the video

They just do it the best man, their headphones are nothing special except for their active noise cancelling, that's the only achievement that Bose has as a company.

i wouldn't buy the ath ad900x for more than 200USD, its 135 usd on amazon for usa. It's not bad, but personally i would go with something else if you live elsewhere.

Doing the conversion from mexican pesos to dollars
250 for the ad900x

Thats Mexico for you

I asked you why you think they are the best, don't play roundabout games.
I can rattle off at least 5 different companies that do the same thing while sounding better and costing less.

I'm not playing roundabout games, Bose's active noise cancelling technology is the best, we aren't talking about sound quality here.

Then answer the question.

Hey look, its the boseshill lying again to oblivious people while providing no reasons or data. I thought you were told 2 weeks ago to fuck off.

thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-noise-cancelling-headphones/

Yes, it has measurements.

This is what I wanted, dunno why you kept going in circles with your previous posts.

What is the audiophile term for the feeling of vocals on the dt990? They just sound so much better than the ath m50. They almost sound like they are in your ear and clearly separate from the rest of the song. Is that a kind of sound I can find in IEMs? I've listened to the ath m50, Bose, beats, sony xba-h1 but none of them have been even close to the dt990 for me.