Why is this browser so much faster than Firefox?

I hate Chrome so I tried this browser out and it's almost instant compared to firefox.

I have an i7-6700 and 16GB DDR4, GTX 960. Vivaldi takes like 2/3 the amount of RAM Firefox does and video is way smoother.

Is there something on the regular Firefox build that is turned off that I can recompile or is the codebase just antiquated?

have you tried Firefox e10s

hey

Vivaldi is a slow piece of shit

Vivaldi is a piece of shit regardless of its speed or memory usage.

Take that back

> Proprietary freeware with open-source components

Nope.

I agree, and it kills me. I love Vivaldi the most out of any browser but it lags hard. i7 here.

it's chromium with old opera features
no thanks to either

Vivaldi shill inbound

It's literally just a skin for chrome. Pure placebo if you think a rendering engine with a different lick of paint is any faster

Have you even tried brave? Literally fastest browser on the internet with adblocking, tracker blocking, and anti fingerprint built in. I switch between slimjet and brave often.

Wtf I hate firefox now

>vivaldi
>faster than anything
You almost got me there. The reason I always end uninstalling it is because it's a slow piece of shit

I have Firefox 49 with HTTPS Everywhere, NoScript and ABP.

Shit is slow as balls. I'm just going to switch to Brave.

Sad but true. I ended up using Opera instead, vivaldi was nice but just can't compete.

>Vivaldi takes like 2/3 the amount of RAM Firefox does
Holy shit firefox doesn't use any RAM anymore?

Haven't tried it, but probably because it's based on Blink or whatever Chromium uses.
e10s isn't faster than that, I think, but it's faster than normal release Firefox.

Most browsers are faster than Firefox. Use Opera, Chromium or Brave.

yep, nodejs was a bad idea

Why are all browsers right now so bad Cred Forums?

I just updated to Opera 40
I type on the addressbar "4ch", press the down arrow and enter
The url bar correctly says Cred Forums.org
But Opera does a google search for 4ch.

Just kill me now.

You'll be back....they all come back.

Will servo fix everything?

Can someone test FF 49 with uBlock Origin on imagefap and motherless and tell me if you see ads? You have to enter a gallery on imagefap and watch a video on motherless.

Probably because it lacks "features" like tab drag and drop.

nice spam bro ...

The era of great browsers ended years ago. It's all shit now.

No, it's just that websites got really bloated and full of JS garbage.

Modern websites are the problem, not browsers.

Firefox is instant on my pc desu. You should stop using Windows as it seems to handle Firefox badly.

not FOSS.

>brave
>adblocking
>showing their own adds to make moneys

This is true. Web devs have gotten worse and worse over the years too. They don't care about efficiency and compatibility. They just gave about making the flashiest site possible.

everything is faster and better than firefox because firefox got hijacked by left wing activists. i dont think they even hire developers anymore.

how do you get the thread watcher thing but with the default Cred Forums theme?

im using 4chanx and oneechan and i think the layout sux compared2default