Buy 4k tv

>buy 4k tv
>tv networks still broadcast in 576i sd

>576i
>not 576p
What stops them from broadcasting in progressive?

Please stop watching BBC
t. A bong

But i can't stop loving BBC

What do you expect. 4k outside of pc gaming is just a Meme.
I still laugh at the fact that they are releasing now 8k TVs

>watching tv

>buy 4k tv
>Stream 4k content from youtube/netflix etc
>Play 4K content from your computer/laptop/etc
>View glorious 4k interface while operating TV

Who watches public broadcasts anyway?

>I bought a product without checking if it has any actual content.

found the problem. youre a dick.

They only do this for local news.

>he doesn't want to see the wrinkles on Lise Doucet's face in exquisite detail so he can picture her gliding on his cock while she delivers the nightly news

Loads of free channels are 1080i quality

>2016
>bot buying 8K tv/monitor

Historically all broadcasts were 576i.
Changing to 576p requires an increase in bandwidth and to replace all of the equipment. If you are going to 576p you might as well just go to 1080i.

Also this.
It's regional programming, because they transmit only a national HD programme. It makes everything much cheaper (you only need six HD transmission lines vs like fifty).

>...
Are you serious? It would be like if {insert local channel} said "Sorry but HD broadcasting is unavailable for you. Tune to {analog channel} for our content." Then you realize old style tv is broadcast in formats meant for TV's made before Y2K i.e. 480i or 576i. OP is an idiot for even mentioning they bought an HDTV because it just comes down to rights/laziness of employing HD broadcasting everywhere in the UK.

Fuck television in its current form. It should only exist to relay public information such as news, official announcements from the government and weather, and cultural broadcasts such as documentaries, coverage of cultural festivals, theatrical plays, folk music concerts etc. Not this Jewish supremacist Hollywood trash, "infotainment" and """"""reality"""""" TV.

4k netflix.

not on my dial up connection

Public television is still fine.
Especially in places where it receives adequate public funding.
A reasonable companion to Public Radio.

In Australia, I find that the ABC and the SBS are really good value for money, considering they cost me only about $20 in tax per year.

No ads on the ABC, maximum of 10m ads per hour on the SBS.
Quality content, limited reality television.
Shit that actually makes you think, lots of the time.

The only thing that is annoying is that they still don't do HD broadcasts (but they are planning to do them by December, and it's hardly a dealbreaker imo).
It'll be nice when they do HD though, because it will get a reasonable bitrate (+10Mbit for h.264 1080i) and it won't be half arsed like most online providers.

Don't be hating on my PAL!

>4k content
>Youtube
>Netflix

>look at test footage on expensive 4k led tv
>picture is okay
>look at test footage on my 34cm crt from 1998 (connected with composite leads, 625 lines PAL colour)
>picture is really impressive
w h y
g o d

Yeah man what the FUCK, I pulled out my old Panasonic CRT to catch some breaking news (was moving out it was the last thing left)

Hooked it into some shitty box with composite and it destroyed my my 4K and FHD sets with madVR/mpv at full placebo settings with the same exact signal

and keep in mind that full placebo settings burns more power than an old "high energy rated" shitbox tv

analog has its charms desu

Yeah CRTs are great, particularly with old or low quality footage.
I also have a feeling that codecs like MPEG2 were probably designed around CRTs (although probably unintentionally by virtue of them being very prominent until the late 2000s).

>people buying 4K TVs when they haven't even let go of DVD yet

>tfw 1080i crt
it's like a portal to another world

This is why we need HDR - just for the BBC news intro to be mind blowing.