>Rust
>R
>Scala
>Haskell
>Go

Other urls found in this thread:

r.cs.purdue.edu/pub/ecoop12.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like Java because it's boring and "enterprise".

I like to be as uncool as possible.

I think there's nothing more uncool than Java, that's why I love it so much.

Let me explain....

if you say you program in ruby etc you are a "startup person"

if you say C you are a "hacker"

if you say "Go" or "Rust" you're an adventurous person who likes to explore ,experiment new things

if you say C++ you could be a game dev!

if you say "Java", you sound like a boring, soulless enterprise robot and people yawn immediately

That is why I love to be a Java dev

every other language has some kind of gayness associated to it

Only java is supremely grey, boring, and uninteresting to hipsters

How is R fedora tipping you fucking pleb? It's the only viable option for doing any statistics.

>inb4 babbys first statistics software SPSS and Minitab

wat

I'm a soulless enterprise robot developer and we use C and C++ and we've started using Go to some degree.

>only viable option for doing any statistics.

>statistics is fedora tipping
This is what a typical statistician looks like, fuck you.

what about C#? It's the same shit but you're also locked into microsoft's backyard, so it's even more boring!

C# isn't that boring, has plenty of interesting language features (coming from someone who doesn't use it)

R and Scala are pretty important for Data Scientists and Data Engineers desu

>Miranda

>
>if you say "Java", you sound like a boring, soulless enterprise robot and people yawn immediately
>That is why I love to be a Java dev
>Only java is supremely grey, boring, and uninteresting to hipsters

Yeah okie doke bud. Clearly you haven't heard of Kotlin or groovy, or JRuby for that matter. There are plenty of JVM hipsters.

OOP sucks and Java sucks because of the strict adherence to it.

Go is not a hipster language. It's just young and misunderstood by programmers who never learned C who are unable to think outside of the OOP paradigm that their shitty state school shoveled down their throat.

>Go is not a hipster language
You're right, that is Ruby.

You faggots, Ruby, R and even more Haskell predate your shitty Java and C#. How the fuck are those three hipster languages?

>FORTRAN
>LISP
>COBOL
>APL
RULE 31 BITCHES!

Coming from Ada and Pascal, I've found Go to be a pretty decent subset. And it pays my bills.

Actually R is an implmentation of S that is older than C++. OP is just too retarded to understand that different languages serve different purposes.

But seriously, what's wrong with R?

i dont give a shit about ruby but ive seen a lot of jobs in my area that ask for ruby devs

>putting R in the same category as web-dev enterprise-tier languages
R is for academics doing data exploration you asshat

R actually is kind of shitty if you delve down into the nuts and bolts of how it works. see: r.cs.purdue.edu/pub/ecoop12.pdf

I still use it and love it though, because nothing else has all its convenience w/r/t flat table manipulation and all the subsetting sugar and the convenient stat functions.

>Weighted Dips

Yea, completely agree - R is getting a bit old. I just thought there was something more superficially wrong with it.

It's really easy and pays a lot in my area. Usually web app backend stuff. Suck up your pride and make some money