Non-meme CPU coolers

Why isnt Cred Forums using this beast of a cooler?

Its more quiet than Noctua D14 and cools just as efficient as the D14.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/Towers-Power-Four-Large-CPU-Air-Coolers-Face
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I actually like my ram slots thanks

Oh and its around 40€ cheaper.

>High profile gay-men ram

>buy expensive windowed case
>see only the side of that giant heatsink

>Le windowed Gay-men case

So why does it say on its stats its 37 DB wheres a noctua d14 is 19.6 DB?

>don't buy expensive windowed case
>??

i am poor and using stock cooler

>People actually want those brown turd fan coolers when Scythe Fuma performs the same if not better than the memed D15 and costs half the price.

I already have a cooler, thanks.

Also I use a small form-factor case so I doubt it'd fit.

They don't even have ram mounted in the picture. This can only mean good things.

Fuma > Ninja 4

>not rigging your own fan on a evo to outperform everything else.
Rip tho, upgrading today when the parts arrive. No more clusterfuck

I believe Scythe stuff is a bit more expensive in NA than in EU, that's why muricans don't use it as much.

But yeah, it's the best price/performance usually.

That indian brand is also pretty cheap and alright, forgot the name though.

A Scythe Fuma costs $45.95 on Newegg while a Noctua NH-D15 costs $88.49 yet the Noctua's are memed the most here while a Fuma performs the same and costs half that.

Intel stock cooler is good enough and is 'free'.
Overclocking is for

its actually amazing tbqh, how even reviewers go like
>BEST FUCKING COOLER IS NOCTUA BLAHBLAH

My pic is a fucking monster.
And the best part is that it can go from noctua silent to full retard delta mode if you really need cooling shit up.

Gay-men babys dont even know how to get in to bios.

>pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/Towers-Power-Four-Large-CPU-Air-Coolers-Face

>even reviewers
most reviewers are terrible, though.
especially the popular ones who spend 90% of the time looking "pretty" to attract casuals and/or shilling for sponsors.

Noctua nh14/15d, best air cooler

I already sealed the pact by cutting myself on my noctua DH15 during installation

it is too late for me now
it has already begun

>pay 40 monopoly money more to get -0.9 celsius temps over anything out there.

I mean, there's a lot of AIO options that don't literally snap your motherboard in half trying to cool your i5 memes

>Socket 2011
Do the same test with a real heatbringer.

i7 4790k on my bench to do heat tests because the thing runs like a nuclear power plant.

>this retarded

Brand? I need something to cool a closet server

>ad hominem

It's a supermicro tower heatsink.
Mostly used on high tdp xeons.

The model name is SNK-P0050AP4 if you can find. Shit is insanely good for air cooling.

I use Arctic cooling Freezer 13 on nearly all my builds, works well, cheap, very silent when not loaded because of the 600g heatsink.

H55

>falling for the volatile storage jew

Honestly I worry on bending my chip using those big-ass cpu tower coolers

how in the actual fuck can you bend your chip with a cooler that is attached from 4 corners even pressure on all sides. the thing wont even move.

You won't bend your chip. In the worst case, the motherboard might bend, but you'd have to violently shake your PC case for that to happen.

or drop your case.

At that price point and performance you'd think the Scythe products would be more memed here, unless of course there's some Noctua shillery going on.

>live in cold country
>oc'd 4790k idles at 27 degrees
>using a 212 evo
lol fags

guys is the CRYORIG M9i Mini Tower Cooler ok?

Intel stock cooler

>1 ram slot
>not getting a cryorig cooler

Enjoy your mobo breaking in half

>buying an after-market CPU cooler
>buying a "gaming," motherboard
>buying a discrete graphics card
>playing vidya as an adult
SHURE HOPE YOU DONT

Installed one yesterday, pretty impressed with the results, outperforms my previous larger Hyper T4 on just about everything. On a non-k 4790 I set the fans on 30% below 50c and 60% above it. On 20c ambient temperature I'm having 25c on idle and 55c on load

>inb4 3.5

thanks

>reviewers

Let me tell you a nice story then:

>bought 2 dell u2417h monitors. Don't really care about super high resolutions or refresh rates, I value color reproduction more than them
>based this on tftcentral reviews. I like them as they are pretty thorough on their testing
>I tested it side by side with my cousin's lg tn panel on duplicate screens. Neither of us can notice any increased ghosting or lag in it compared to the tn
>kitguru releases a review on the dell
>oh nice, let's see what they have to say on it
>"In games, there was a slightly noticeable lag in normal mode, and a clear improvement in FAST mode, but this was in comparison to a 1ms gaming TN panel"

Ok, so all FAST more does is force a faster response time, by overvoltage, at the cost of some color accuracy. So here we have a "tech expert" confusing lag with response time. Just on a side note, tftcentral I mentioned earlier tests input lag separately, and this dell actually got one of the lowest results overall. And that was the moment I started taking reviews from generalist tech sites with a shitton of grains of salt.

amusingly almost all gay mans ram is low profile now

unless you go pants on head mode and get RGB ram

I bought a thermalright true spirit 140 power for my first build

assembling on sunday
did i fuck up

I already have a brocken 2 which is enough for my non-gaymer l33t oc mATX build

It does require a lot of mounting pressure.

Reviewers are largely ignorant of what they are doing.

Benchmarkers are the worst. Zero scientific rigor.

> falling for the x86 upgrade every 3-5 years meme

wew lads

It's pretty good, but I enjoy my dual Silver Arrow IB-E extremes

Pic related, they sound like the world is ending at full speed

>not just resting your cpu heatsink on your gpu

I'd still go with Noctua just for the better international support, but Scythe isn't half bad.

because noctua DH15 is simply better.

You don't look at the absolute temperature. You need to subtract the ambient too.

i'd rather not install a botnet cooler on my system, thanks

Whats the little green pci card?

USB3 adapter

Mainboard is too old for that shit

Non-meme you say?

These are cheaper and have multiple color options instead of cigarette butt brown

I thought I was the only one that used that motherboard

what do you mean? it has a lower thermal output

You'd be right to since it's so damn expensive lol, but I couldn't settle on any other board, it's really nice

Are AIO watercoolers a meme ? Should i buy Cryorig H5 instead for my 4790K ?

There not much better than a good aircooler at the same price. But if your willing to spend $100 than they are pretty good. But yea Air coolers give better bang for your buck.

They aren't as big and heavy as you think.
They were made to be used on dual xeon boards by the same guys that made the motherboard.
They are more efficient than the average giant heatsink posted on this thread tho.

Pic related.

Wtf is going on with your gpu

I bought one because living in the desert things get really dusty, so I wanna see when it needs to be cleaned. (Aka every week)

Hope you have strong ways to prevent the CPU sag.

GPU* on mobile

I have never ever ever heard of anybody whose motherboards or GPUs have snapped due to flexing

I think it's an urban myth that computer builders like to spread to perpetuate their self-image of being knowledgeable about things to avoid

>AIO

>Rule 2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Agreed. Though its got a few odd quarks..
Did you have any trouble getting it to recognize your ram? Mine acts like the dimm slots are defective.
Also, how long does it take you to see the bios screen on boot?

What bios are you on? 0702 was listed on the site and some guy said he downloaded it and it killed his i7 and a week later the bios version was pulled from the site.

>No ram installed.
>Actually needing that much cooling performance.
Come on man why do I need this?

I'll be going for one off these when my 212 dies.
>212 dies

RIP

nigga i don't give a fuck

except they keep yelling that herp derp aio for that pretend water cooling.
Even though you'll see mostly everyone hating on the poo poo brown, its obviously working.

aren't you suffocating your cards?

The main limitation in the performance of CPUs is that the signals can only travel certain physical distance in certain time, you can never make it faster than that, so a smaller processor is better than a larger one because distances are short. What's happening is that since big bang everything is expanding, but at the same time the energy in the universe remains constant, meaning that the same energy is now covering more space in less time. Due to quantum physics and astrophysics, processors are getting more and more powerful as the universe expands.

Wait, I'm subbed to Jayz, Linus, Bitwit(formerly awesomesauce) and Paul's hardware, are they good reviewers? Because I've been following them through my partpicking list that I'm planning on building soon.

that has fuckall to do with my post

>Jayz
>Norton ads
I already started to dislike Jay once he started blatantly Nvidia shilling, and even his friendship with that fat fuck Burgercles was maybe okay, but he has no fucking spine

Kyle and Paul are cool though. HardwareCanucks is also based

senpai, at the micro level, the expansion of the universe is completely negligible, you'll have to look 1000 years+ into the future to actually see any difference, no?

Also I was referring to your gpu's, aren't you suffocating them? I do get what you say about how far they can travel, my dad used to hypothesize that cpu's would cap out at like 5ghz because of it but nahhhhhh we're at 6ghz now.

yeah fuck canucks they barely go in-depth, aren't remotely funny and his accent sucks

But I'm an nvidia fanboy so I don't mind jay spoiling me with mindless nvidiapoop as long as it makes me happy, because hey lets face it, nvidia is leading with consumer gpu's at the 10series, the only problem is that they aren't futureproofed with async compute so I hope they'll deal with that before the 1080ti so I can pick that up when it releases.

No, they're basically just media presences who read off spec sheets and then run a few bad benchmarks

If you want good reviews, look for something that at the very least does a teardown and parts inspection

Who do you recommend? I need someone before I buy my parts, which will be soon when the xb271 is in stock, which is in 2weeks

Depends on the part more than anything.

>Displays
tftcentral
>Fans
silentpcreview
>PSUs, Mainboards
hardocp
>GPUs
No solid answer. I go by the spec sheets
>CPUs
NO solid answer. I usually google benchmarks and go by spec sheets otherwise.

How does something that dumb looking even exist?

this is your daily reminder that stock coolers are just fine

Cheers bud imma check em out now

i dont overclock, just use a stock cooler for my i5. am i being meme'd.

As long as you don't mind your PC being loud as a fucking hairdryer, the stock cooler is fine

its not too loud desu. i have headphones on anyways.

so never?

Okay, then I advise you to absolutely never buy a non-stock cooler and enjoy your current ability to use a hairdryer computer for as long as possible.

Improvement only goes in one direction. Once you're used to something better, you'll never be able to downgrade again.

AIOs are louder than big air coolers. Enjoy your pump and fan noise.

I have pic related. Thermal take frio silent 14. I replaced the fan with a standard 120mm with better airflow. The heatsink is thinner than other single tower coolers for the sole purpose of being able to still access your ram slots even with cooler and fan installed.

Performs better than the 212 EVO for $5 more. Keeps my i7-6700k @ 4.7ghz under 82C during hravy encoding sessions so it suits my needs.

I just have the 212 Evo, senpai it works perfectly fine.

What voltage settings do you have set to reach 4.7 stable? Fellow 6700k user here.

are you really fucking retarded

I won a Frio Extreme off an eBay auction for $35, should help cool and enhance the overclocking ability of my 8350 but we'll see when it gets here.

inb4 >AMD

212x > 212 Evo

Because I'm using an EK-XLC Predator 360.

gpu suffocation is a meme

because i got a NH-D14 block for almost free when i upgraded cpu

Isn't this a tech board? This looks more like a Cred Forums board atm...
Buy a good heats ink, put your favorite fans on it (Noctua Industrial PPC 3000 iow)

>aren't you suffocating your cards?

In that specific case they will be fine, your ears won't tho because when things get toasty shit spins at 5k rpm.

I bought a scythe mine 2 once. Thing was an utter bitch to install! Sold it, went Noctua, never looked back.

I have a feeling that a heatsink this large could actually cause it's own airflow issues, much like how people with gigantism have weaker circulatory systems and more health complications.

Cryrorig R1 Ultimate

Big-ass heatsink + high-end low noise cooler master race.

they stopped importing the shit here for some reason
sucks because they make kickass fans