MacOS general thread

macOS general thread

Please be friendly and ignore any trolls.

So I've just discovered about the window management tweaks!

Other urls found in this thread:

pcmag.com/news/346305/apple-helps-feds-bust-kickasstorrents
github.com/arnoappenzeller/PiPifier
iterm2.com/
github.com/Marginal/QLVideo
youtube.com/watch?v=96vEScBqOpg
youtube.com/watch?v=Kj_48pHuXWo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are there any new features worth to update other than Siri?

ICloud integration.
Storage management.
Siri.

Think the window management stuff was already in there.

Is there a reason to not upgrade?

Siri

It has some new space cleaning features. Some people have had gbs of space savings with it.

Macbook Pro Mid 2009 here

"No update for you, Sir."

Th..thanks, Apple.

Well, it's still better than the Nexus 7 (2013) that didn't get an update to the new Android system.

Th... thanks, Google/Qualcomm.

7 years from a laptop is pretty good though. And you'll still get security updates on older versions.

I know that feel though, no nougat for my Nexus 5 :(

You can install sierra on unsupported macs, you just need the sierra image and a file for your specific mac.

Sure, now they force you to pay for >muh cloud

I know, but I will wait to see if there are problems.

How's BetterTouchTool's support on Sierra?
Literally the only reason that's keeping me from "upgrading"

Seems to be mostly under the hood improvements. I know for sure they've modified the way keyboard events are handled.

I plan on upgrading from the store in about an hour (I have clover set up). I'll let you know how it works.

Scratch that, I'm retarded. I misread it as BetterSnapTool.

>1.6GHz
At least it's double now

>800MHz overclock

You don't have to pay for iCloud unless you want more storage. There is no hard requirement.

APFS

It's usually broken until they release a x.x.4 or x.x.5

>got rMBP with Mavericks; computing nirvana
>Yosemite came out
>It's an upgrade, sure why not
>rMBP lags to hell
>try clean install
>still shit
>.5 release of Yosemite, everything is working now
>El Capicrap released
>Maybe I should upgrade
>rMBP seems to be working well
>Wireless problems left and right
>take it to service for reinstall
>rootless env means I can no longer use TotalFinder and some other shit I used to use
>problems prevail until .4

Not falling for this meme again. I might upgrade when they make a fourth or fifth minor release.

Not yet enabled.

I'm running macOS since the beta. Apart from beta 2 (first one I used) everything has been great.

Im surprised your macbook is still working, im one of those butthurt ifag who participate in the lawsuit against apple where their gf9400m based mba died a week after its one year warranty expired

I never said it was enabled. I'm just saying it's a definite reason to upgrade.

Why is the new mission control so shitty? Tying the speed to the movement of your fingers? Who thought that was a good idea? Also completely broke my workflow, because I'd swipe up to open then swipe up again to close which now just rubber bands you. Just terrible

That's just an image I found online. My own macbook is a 2015 model

Any tips for handling multiple cocks at one?
I would love to go Mac but I need this crucial skill first.

Same experience here. It's much better to wait, and this year there isn't really anything in Sierra that makes me want to upgrade.

Shared clipboard between devices is the top feature for me.

kys yourself

>rootless env means I can no longer use TotalFinder and some other shit I used to use

Nigga it takes 30 seconds to disable rootless.

Also, Finder has tabs and folders-on-top and most things I ever needed TotalFinder for, so I don't even use it anymore…

My brother's a doctor. He did an under the table operation once for me to remove my lower ribs. Only cost about $1000. Now I can suck my own dick.

Pleasantly surprised at how fast and snappy/responsive Sierra is even compared to El Capitan. El Capitan is to Yosemite (meaning a big improvement) as Sierra is to El Capitan (bigger improvement). Boots faster, apps open faster, everything seems to run smoother overall so far but it's just been a day since I installed it.

No complaints so far at all.

>things that never happened
>t. Rajeesh

Neither Apple nor any review has mentioned any performance improvement compared to El Capitan, so you're either a shill or a fanboy that believes his own lies.

universal clip board is pretty damn useful. as is the built in disk declutterer (it found some stuff that ccleaner didn't find, like unused garageband files). picture in picture is handy too.

Where do mactards get the false impression they or their fruity toys belong on a technology board?

why do poor ppl thing they belong on the internet?

Anyone know if modified .car theme files still work with the update?

Not the guy you replied to, but I heard it a lot actually.

so.. i should hit update? its not just more backdoors? and it won't gimp my performance or batterylife?

what can I do with siri besides setting up todos?? what else is useful?

Because Apple is a company who employs the most Stanford CS graduates to work on their core systems. microsoft is a bunch of pajeet "software engineers" and linux is, well, you already know.

And if you wanna use BSD outside a server environment, you might as well use macOS.

actually my reported battery life dipped from an average of 8-9 hours to 6.5 hours after upgrading.

wtf?

15" retina mbp 2013

What do you need 6.5 hours battery life for goy??

actually never mind, it's creeping back up there. at 7~ so far

>chrome
There's your problem

i know m8, but i still get 9 with chrome, usually. it costs 1 hour of battery life but it's got the best webm support, and i cant comfortably shitpost without webm support

It's just running better because fresh install.

They want me to buy an iPhone but I prefer Android. How many more updates until Mac OS is total shit and I won't miss it?

>Stanford CS graduates

Apple is a fashion company that hires the most incompetent and lowest salary shitskins they can get.

Apple has made:
1. The world's biggest fucking joke of an OS: MacOS1-9 that crashes, bomb crashes, or freezes if you even breathe wrong in the same room with it. And all this with only 2 hardware configurations to support.

2. The world's biggest fucking joke of a filesystem: HFS, soon to be followed by the world's second biggest fucking joke of a filesystem: APFS

3. The world's biggest fucking joke of a """modern"""" OS: OSX that still regularly shits the bed as bad as Windows 10, spies on you and even cucks you by helping MS spy on you, and still crashes and kernel panics if you do anything intensive at all on it. All the while still only supporting all of 2 different hardware configurations.

Apple is a fucking joke.

But it didn't unquestionally hand over all your info to anyone who asked.
It didn't actively foster the development and spreading of viruses for the benefit of its "partners".
Gates is going to cure the world's ills when he never could cure his OS's ills.

>But it didn't unquestionally hand over all your info to anyone who asked.

Ok Rajeesh.

pcmag.com/news/346305/apple-helps-feds-bust-kickasstorrents

Call me back when an OS update doesn't auto delete all your scripts. Did you know your BSD Server grade macOS cant umount an Android cellphone without crashing a driver in the kernel? This produces a 101% cpu usage in kernel_task. Only way to fix is restarting the system. Even Windows is more stable than your shit.

>He dosent make aliases
Kek

>Nigga it takes 30 seconds to disable rootless.
Just because I can, doesn't mean I will. I do see the security benefits and I want to leave as is.

>Also, Finder has tabs and folders-on-top and most things I ever needed TotalFinder for, so I don't even use it anymore…
True, I really don't need TF anymore either.

I honestly didn't see much improvement from Yosemite to Capitan and my dad's laptop is still running Yosemite just fine.
If I were to do this again, I'd just stick to Mavericks: better looks, no rootless and it actually just werks.

I miss Steve

Works just fine

>mummy started dating a black man with an iPhone 6S
>black guy refers to me as "boy" and "kid"
>grabs my mum's ass in front of me
>always makes jokes about how big his dick is around me and my mum
>yesterday at lunch he put a baby carrot next to a normal carrot and asked mum to decide who belonged to who
>mum of course played along and gave me the baby carrot
>lose it and decide I need to get this prick out of my life
>called him a nigger this afternoon hoping he'd assault me and mum would end the relationship
>instead he calls me a virgin loser and tells me to go to my room and wait for my punishment
>30 minutes ago he starts having loud sex with her both of them yelling like it's the end of the world
>realize this is my punishment
>tfw I'm actually entertaining violent thoughts I'm so pissed off

thanks for the tip

13" rMBP 2013 reporting in

apparently they can be made to run but performance might be slow

I have always-on Siri on my iPad Pro, which makes it considerably more useful. I use it most to ask what time it is and what the weather will be like when getting ready for work in the morning, turning off or adjusting lights (HomeKit compliant bulbs), and controlling music playback while taking a bath. Sometimes I'll ask it about stuff on my calendar and occasionally I'll ask it random shit like "what's X measurement in Y unit".

The macOS version of Siri can interact with files and whatnot too but I haven't used it for that yet.

kek for real?

>falling for the 'Finder Replacement' meme

It's not Apple's fault that Android uses the crock of crippled shit known as MTP for file transfer. It should use something rock-solid and well-supported universally like USB Mass Storage.

but Pathfinder is literally better than Finder

>memeOS
wew

absolutely nothing wrong with not running sierra on a 7yo laptop.

Yeah it fucking sucks. Wait for Onyx to get a Sierra version and you can probably turn off all the slow-ass animations. Kind of glad my Mac Pro is stuck on El Cap.
Unlikely, it could get way worse than it is now and I would still use it over Windows. I run WindowMaker Live on a $40 memepad for mobile shitposting now though.

Learning to use the Finder effectively is even better. Or just using Terminal.

so always back up before an upgrade, well i'll be damned

Safari 10 puts HTML5 as top priority.

As long as they don't have webm support, I'll stick to FF.
Also it sucks that Apple doesn't offer Apple Music for Roku. Switched to Spotify.

>Learning to use the Finder effectively is even better.
If there were any proper tutorials in how to use Finder properly I would love them. Took me literally two years until some told me to use Command-Option-V to move files. Using Windows & Linux for so long just burnt C-x C-v into my muscle memory for moving files.

>Terminal
I seriously hope you mean iTerm

Why would you install a bloated terminal like iFaggot when Terminal.app likely does everything you need it to?

>I seriously hope you mean iTerm
Not the guy you're replying to but newer versions of iTerm have been getting bloaty. Full blown WebKit instance for the "tip of the day" dialog and shit like that. I ended up switching back to Apple Terminal even though it lacks the dropdown quake term feature.

Because it has better integration with tmux and mouse usage

Does it has proper support mouse support for tmux? Particularly for scrolling with mouse wheel.

no idea, I don't use tmux. tabs and windows cover my usage adequately for the moment since I don't do much remote server administration and most local software I use is UI-based

Safari 10 is released for Yosemite and El Cap as well.

Fair enough, I've been a Macfag for decades, so I do take that for granted. Basically just look in the Menu Bar and learn every keyboard shortcut. Also use BetterSnapTool or a similar window manager to make the Finder even more rad and even more keyboard-friendly.
>I seriously hope you mean iTerm
I was using iTerm but I recently switched back, it's basically just for the meme factor, Terminal.app does everything I need.

so, only vimeo support those floating videos for now??

jewtube support when??

/inb4 back to pol

>window management tweaks
Can anyone elaborate, or is there a link to read about them? The only one I noticed was windows snapping to each other and to the edge of the screen.

youtube supports it

Just launched Terminal.app to check if it finally supported my tmux configuration and to my surprise it does.
So I guess I'll be kissing iTerm goodbye.
Also Terminal has better font rendering and colours

how you activate it? i dont see the icon

Am I right in assuming this only works with Safari?

yeah, seems like it doesnt work in latest canari, and of course it wont work in SJWFox.. nothing works in SJWFox

never mind, found out.. have to do 2 right clicks on the video

No, Chropera actually had it first

What are you using BTT for though

github.com/arnoappenzeller/PiPifier

What iCloud integration are you talking about other than Apple Watch unlock?

It has all of the same iCloud options as Yosemite and El Cap had.

You can store your Desktop and Documents folders in iCloud drive and have them synced between devices now.

Mission Control is total shit in Sierra. Slow as balls and it follows your finger swipes instead of a static animation. So if you lazily swipe up it lazily moves the window up instead of snapping it up like it did in El Cap. Also you can't swipe up again to have the same app come back down, you have to swipe 3 fingers down which is stupid. And it stutters like crazy if you don't use it for a bit. WWHHHYYY the fuck did they change it. It was perfect in El Cap.

what is the best terminal to have on a 13" MBP?

like i can't decide if i'm straining my eyes but i need it to be a bit transparent so i can see in the background and type shit into

everything feels like it's straining my eyes(i have flux)

What do you use Cred Forums mac users?

Oh yeah. Well whoopdy doo, I kept everything in the iCloud Drive folder to begin with. More organized that way. I don't keep anything in Documents or on the Desktop, since I run everything full-screen, it defeats the point.

i like iterm

Most people end up switching to iTerm2

iterm2.com/

Terminal.app or iTerm2 depending on your use case.
Sierra is pretty underwhelming overall.

Not him, but I'm pessimistically expecting even Jewier prices on storage, to create more incentive to subscribe. I'm a diehard macfag, but the ecosystem bait is real and Steve jobs didn't die for this.

try a bigger font maybe

Why the fuck are you plugging a phone into anything "server grade"?

I use source sans pro at 18 pt

>dat MS-DOS style font
Sorry user, got triggered for a second.

it's ok man, Fixedsys Excelsior is an acquired taste.

what's your font btw? looks piled up but that's probably because of the almost no vertical spacing.

icuck general

>three line prompt

This is the reason I didnt update tbqh familia

the font size is nice dude but i couldn't find the font you use

why iTerm, doesn't it do everything terminal does? i dont see the use for it off that bat(half potato/half human tho)

my inner ricer is leaking out user.

the colors are nice at least

Where do mactoddlers get the false impression they or their fruity toddler toys are welcome much less belong on a technology board?

So wait, it's called Mac OS again? Or macOS at least? I've been out of the loop for a few days. I kind of wish it's was branded as "Mac OS" like it was in the OS 9 days, this new branding trend of randomly capitalizing shit is really annoying.

Either way this operating system became totally dead to me after Snow Leopard. Once PowerPC application support ended and the general iOSification began, this sort of ceased to feel like a serious OS and more like the software used to power a toy.

I jumped straight from Tiger and Leopard to Mavericks and still use Tiger and Leopard alongside El Capitan, I don't get all this bitching about adding iOS features. The only thing that's really different is the notification center, which I think was a great addition. And yeah, with 10.12 it's macOS now.

Because after all the facebook and twitter integration shoehorned in by Pajeets over the last 5 years, OSX has finally reached MacOS 1-9 levels of instability, beach ball of death, and kernel panic at the drop of a hat. So it was a no brainer to rename it.

It really stirs up the patronizing aspies who, since they found out how to work Windows, think that's all there is to computers.
No wonder Xp lasted for nearly a decade when most of its users hate change.

>So wait, it's called Mac OS again? Or macOS at least?
What's the name for the next iteration of Windows? Windows 11?
95, 98, Me, 2000, Xp, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9 (oh, wait...), 10.
At least they are consistant. Will they skip Windows 13? Or will they be into colors or sounds?

>What's the name for the next iteration of Windows? Windows 11?
Windows 10 is the last Windows version.

Okay, so basically stuff you can google in less than 2 seconds. :/

>had mission control shortcuts mapped to Logitech g602's extra buttons
>no longer work after Sierra
Anyone else?

Waiting for the modified 64bit boot.eft o i can install this bitch on my 2,1 mac pro

Default terminal app but using fish instead of bash

>not mksh

Note that most of the uses listed are when I'm not in front of a computer. If I'm not already on my computer it's annoying to have to stop whatever I'm doing, wake up my computer/unlock my phone, open a browser, and google shit. So much easier to just say, "hey siri, what's the weather today" while feeding the cat and whatnot before going to work.

You also can't control lights or music through google, and even if you could, I wouldn't because google can just keep their grubby info-fiending little mitts off of my house.

Where do mactoddlers get the false impression they or their fruity toddler toys are welcome much less belong on a technology board?

Where do middle schoolers get the false impression they or their friends get to arbitrarily decide what technology is and isn't worth discussion on a technology board?

>tfw you know apple makes a superior unix environment combined with the best hardware available but you can't afford it so you settle with ricing arch for 10 hours on a thinkpad

Go to any top tech company in the world and I can guarantee that most of their devs use Macs

Where do middle schoolers get the false impression their fruity toddler toys are technology?

I need a fucking good webm and gif player for El Cap, I cant fap to fucking still gifs.

Also will upgrading my ssd to a bigger drive void my warranty, and
Anyone know how to make a usb with El Cap and Sierra on it for safe keeping? Like a Install Image of both.

>superior unix environment
No.
>the best hardware available
Made in China, not any different than what's in other PCs

Guys, just wondering. Why does Apple's company have a higher market value than Google or Microsoft when it's operating system's market share is much lower than Windows/Android in their respective markets?
Is it because Apple also deals with hardware and manufacturing too? And hence those are considered as assets as well?
Considering that even Apple products use Intel chips, why is Intel's market value lower as well? They are a real monopoly in the computer world but it isn't seen in the market valuation.
I mean this is Cred Forums not /biz/ but I guess I'll ask it here instead.

Because Macfags need to get the most out of their investment so they feel the need to constantly remind everyone online that they are using an iPhone iPad and Macbook with Retina in an egocentric shitpost.

The negative responses fuel knee jerk defensive reactions that explode into a full on brainwashing circlejerk.

Because Apple LITERALLY invented tax dodging schemes back in the 70's. The entire Irish tax scam is their doing. Every dollar of profit they have stashed away lines up exactly with how much taxes they've dodged in the US and EU + their 100B in debt.

Apple is not a technology company, it's a scam that runs entirely on ripping off government/people through dodged taxes to sell products that that are otherwise unprofitable, and using brainwashing tier advertising to trick gullible idiots into buying it.

Auto-unlock with watch is pretty sick

Seconding the webm player, is there no extension for safari capable of playing it.

>pretty sick

iToddlers are literally So-Cal surfertard subhumans.

Microsoft and Google are always doing side projects that cost them reputation resources, but I only ever hear of Apple making their computers and phones, which honestly haven't changed much in the past decade. So maybe it's because Apple isn't taking risks and more or less just updates to reflect market trends

>using a toddlerOS
>expecting functionality

Way higher margins per unit sold than anything Windows/Android machines get. The App Store also generates multiples of the revenue of Play/Amazon stores. It's pricing in future growth from Apple-brand autonomous cars, and other mystery products too that would open a new line of revenue for the company.

You'd still expect the highest valued company in the market to be a huge risk taker and got really lucky. Just speaking statistically. You wouldn't expect a less risky company to have that title.

Not even American my dude, Australian here.

Thanks for your reply though user! :^)

Success breeds jealousy

That doesn't explain anything.

>being 2008 and late
the black eyed peas would be disappoint

Because MS and Google are technology companies. Apple is a fashion company and is run entirely by marketers.

Eh, not from what I've seen.

This I get, people are sheep these days and will buy anything if you shill hard enough that it will be a fashion piece of elevate their social status. Apple and Beats were made for each other

>look mom I posted it again!

>energy and oil companies
>telecoms
>risk takers

>Walt Mossberg
I knew that fucker was in Apple's pocket.

Sounds more like it's the other way around.

>you make this feature for me, i give you 10/10 review on your latest iToy guaranteed

>I need a fucking good webm and gif player for El Cap
this repo adds thumbnails to webm files on Finder, as well as .mkv and others
github.com/Marginal/QLVideo
If you meant that safari doesn't support webms, then use other browser, Apple will never support webms, they are loyal to MP4 since their devices have an MP4 decoder in their hardware

>Anyone know how to make a usb with El Cap and Sierra on it for safe keeping?
the procedure for Sierra is easy af, just download it from the MacAppStore, once it's downloaded type this on terminal
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction (change the Untitled part with the name your USB uses)

there's a VLC web plugin extension that works on safari but it's pretty shitty

macOS only offers like 11 gestures. 4 of them being barely configurable. why wouldn't you use BTT is the real question

>fisher price OS general

Any decent adblocker for Safari? uBlock's Safari fork is dead and neither Adblock nor Adblock Plus blocked youtube ads last time I checked. Content blocker extensions were also really underwhelming (Nope, Wipr and some others I tried)

I've been using ABP and not had any issues myself.

Your subscriptions up to date?

>update every new OS X release on day 1 since Lion
>never have issues

you faggots need to get on my level

>Update to the beta every release
>Have issues at first or second betas only

When are you getting on my level user?

Window management tweaks? I use Spectacle anyway.

A coworker has updated as is getting real scaling issues with 4K displays, anyone heard of a fix for that yet?

What can you do with spectacle?

It's a tiling window manager, I use a keyboard with a number pad so I've mapped the window management to a kind of directional setup.

Ctrl + Cmd + 1 = Bottom left of display
Ctrl + Cmd + 2 = Bottom half of display
Ctrl + Cmd + 3 = Bottom right of display
Ctrl + Cmd + 4 = Left half of display
Ctrl + Cmd + 5 = Next display
Ctrl + Cmd + 6 = Right half of display
Ctrl + Cmd + 7 = Top left of display
Ctrl + Cmd + 8 = Top half of display
Ctrl + Cmd + 9 = Top right of display
Ctrl + Cmd + (+/-) to increase or decrease window size

Not sure if you can do this with the default WM but this way is intuitive to me.

So I bought an Air yesterday, early 2015 with i5 and 8GB of RAM/ 256GB SSD.
Can I program on it?
I always just wanted a lightweight laptop for stuff like browsing and watching shit and the air was really cheap here.
Display is kind of shitty but I can live with that
Writing feels great though.
Is there any way to clip the windows on the left or right side automatically like in windows?
I really miss that here, the windows management is awful

yes, but if you have to ask, idk what you think you're gonna do

anybody else here on his way out of the Apple ecosystem?

I have a 2011 MBP, an older iPad (don't even know the versions), and an iPhone 5 and I was initially attracted to Macs for Unix + reliability + battery life, but over the years I've slowly become fed up. Managing my device files with iTunes and now iBooks has slowly become an exercise in absurdity, and OS X/iOS run worse with every iteration

I installed OpenBSD on a Fujitsu netbook the other night and it was such a breath of fresh air. The battery life is shit, but it's a small price to pay for an operating system that actually "just werks" instead of a Unix buried under a million layers of abstraction

my only concern is mobile devices. Android is such a fucking piece of shit that I might never be able to give up the iPhone.

I am drunk and this post is rambling. Suck my cock

>Some people have had gbs of space savings with it
can confirm
recovered ~5GB after install on my macbook air

ofc you can program on it. OS X is much better for programming out of the box than windows

there is a window snapping/splitting option in Aqua but I never make use of it because it is quite limited. look it up

you can install any X11 window manager you please, of course

Press and hold the green maximise button, and then drag to the left or right to snap the window.

I only discovered this the other day, but Jesus, it's so useful. Can have documentation on one side and code window on the other.

Meanwhile most Windows users are still using Windows 7 (2009)...

Most people use it for the borderless feature, it's a ricing thing. Some people use it for legitimate power features, but they're in the minority compared to the ricers. I switched back to Terminal.app.

The Notification Center is now light-themed, even if dark mode is enabled.

>Hardware and software isn't technology

> MOM WHY DON'T YOU LOOK I'M POSTING IT AGAIN
> OVER
> AND OVER
> AND FUCKING OVER

>fruity toddler toys are technology

Is anybody else getting weird graphical glitches in Safari? Black / white boxes and elements "jumping" around?

That's normal for memeOS.

haha holy fuck your mom is an asshole

Sounds like a hardware acceleration problem.

>mac

Found your problem.

Is Finder glitchy for anyone else?
They also fucked with how it looks, along with the default icon size and icon spacing.

iCucks

Cucked

Again

see

Kill them both it's the only way

Dildo yourself with a cucumber then report to the police he raped you.

>applel runs out of facebook features to integrate into iMacOS
>starts changing things just for the sake of change

Stop posting cartoon images first, manchild.

>mactoddler calling someone else a manchild

What makes you think I'm going to take seriously someone that posts cartoons, manchild? Shouldn't you be in school, or you're just a loser NEET?

What makes you think I'm going to take seriously someone that uses fruity toddler toys, manchild? Shouldn't you be in school, or you're just a loser NEET?

You're trying too hard, manchild. I guess you have nothing better to do so you spend all day posting cartoons and calling names to strangers over the internet because they use a different OS. You feel proud of yourself at the end of the day, NEET?

You're trying too hard, manchild. I guess you have nothing better to do so you spend all day jerking it to fruity toys and calling names to strangers over the internet because they use real computers. You feel proud of yourself at the end of the day, NEET?

I don't know why they decided to change things that aren't broken
Reported

work harder user, probably some day you'll be able to afford a mac :^)

ayylmao

#REKT

How will /r/apple ever recover?

El Cap just werks.

Anyone using Sierra in a Macbook Pro from 2011-2012? How does it work?

I'm not, but it will work fine except for that god-awful screen resolution on the 13". The CPU in those MBPs is more than powerful enough for Sierra, I hope you have an SSD though.

>this repeating sentences
I'm laughing my ass off, are you 10, mate?

Why is running a vm for El Captain so fucking to run on AMD?

I know that Apple focuses on Intel but god damnit it never fucking works.

Because they're smart enough to not bother with shitty race-to-the-bottom markets like shitty $300 laptops where the profit per unit is less than 1¢.

Other companies use the profits from their high-end offerings to offset the loss (or lack of profit) on their low-end offerings. Apple doesn't have to do this because they don't have a low end. They get to keep all the profit instead.

Google/Microsoft don't really make low-end market products.
The Microsoft Surfacebook I would not categorize as "low-end." Neither would I Nexus/Pixel (although you have more of an argument here). Google/Microsoft are mostly licensing their OS rights which is why I figured the fact Apple is also in the manufacturing market might mean it is bigger than Microsoft/Google.
Still, the fact that Intel isn't the biggest company in tech is still a mystery to me.

He does that literally every day. He's got like 3 sentences of argument he'll post throughout the thread (and every other Apple related thread he finds) then he just starts repeating what anyone says to him as retorts.

They fuck with Finder every milestone yet never improve on it.

so any innovative new updates for the facebook machine?

Does it have any effect on battery life compared to 10.11 on Macbook Air 2013?

Get out, you macfuck pieces of shits. iToddler garbage belongs on No seriously, all you macfag fucking poo lickers need to kill yourselves so we real computer professionals can have the real Cred Forums back.

Well said, iPajeet!

I don't understand. Why does Apple shill here so much? Pretty much every non-faggot here uses either linux or windows.

Because every faggot here uses Mac

thistbhqhwyfam

>macfag fucking poo lickers
You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

So leave.

Then why the fuck are you on here, you macfuck fucking piece of shit.

#BTFO

How do I install 10.12 on a PC?

I've become so disenchanted with the last two releases, that all I can think of is, "They're going to make it worse. Again."

Maybe at least this time they fixed the bootloader so FDE doesn't cause it to think it needs to reinstall after a power failure.

You're confused. The closeted faggots use Windows. The faggots who are out of the closet use osx.

apple is god tier os

you've clearly never used it

Sierra works faster, and fixes a lot of bugs. Its worth the upgrade IMO.

Apple is fucking garbage, you don't need to taste shit to see that it's shit.

t: Apple Pajeet shill department

>nVidia 9400m
Kek

I was thinking the reason Intel isn't "the biggest company in tech" was due to Intel only sticking to CPU's and some software here and there.

>battery life is shit now
How long before 10.13

>t. Rajeesh

not on my computer

can't even play 60 fps youtube video now

No indexing occuring, if that's what you're thinking.

>windows users
>non-faggots

12 months as always

Finder is still kinda glitchy for me. I'm considering reverting back to El Capitan, should I go for it?
I wouldn't lose much, although I probably don't have too much to gain. The process seems like it'd take a long time.

no
these are perfect
keep all the ishit posting in one thread

>basic

seems right. use zsh.

window management isn't in el cap, it was added in sierra
the window management thingy really
other than that I haven't noticed any downsides

I'm completely regretting upgrading now too

>I've never used it but trust me, it sux

Which one for playing my retro games and using vm: MacBook Air 13" or a Retina MacBook Pro 13"?

Please keep these generals going!
The ishit threads need to be consolidated into one

They are getting out of hand, even for neo-Cred Forums standards

this desu senpai

These threads are basically the Cred Forums zoo, where everyone comes to laugh at iFaggots.

ebin

Macpostfactor
CyanogenMod

sorry for the tech support but:

a friend of mine's OSX is fucked, it won't boot past the windows equivalent of the barebones "need to fix shit" screen where you can open tools, load recovery images etc. he has none of that, and no repair disks either.

he says he has no important files on there so I suggested he just re-install the OS. he wants me to do it, but I have no worked with a mac in years. I know the basics are the same as windows for instillation, but where can I get a legit OS image from that isn't the app store (since I dont have a mac), and what's a tool I can use on windows to format a flash drive and put the image on there the correct way so that I can boot from it on his mac? last I remember you have to format as the mac file system (something journaled?), but I last did that ages ago with disk image or whatever the OS tool is called.

>OSX

Found your problem.

ty user, very nice

is it called that anymore? are they just using the random names as the OS name? I know they gave up on the cats a while ago.

he won't switch to another OS, he's a pleb with only basic computer knowledge.

install gentoo

I keep considering it but with Windows 10 and linux being total trainwrecks in one way or another i've yet to find a good reason to switch... plus theres a fair bit of software I use which only works on OSX or on iDevices.

Never taken a liking to android.

Sierrafags: is the menubar autohiding animation faster now? the delay drives me crazy, and Nu-Apple doesn't add defaults-write switches anymore.

I don't understand why, some Mac users will install apps like Skype, Firefox, Office, and Steam. They all suck balls on macOS.

Fuck you and learn to use a real computer before you try to critizise it.

You mean people who drop money they can't afford to waste on a mac even though they're on food coupons like fucking googles?

mac is literally for poor people and googles.

>more battery life is not a desirable feature because I can't think of a use for it, therefore apple cutting my battery life in half is a good thing

Apple poorfags literally make their own lies to believe.

>Stanford CS graduates

Apple is a fashion company that hires the most incompetent and lowest salary shitskins they can get.

Apple has made:
1. The world's biggest fucking joke of an OS: MacOS1-9 that crashes, bomb crashes, or freezes if you even breathe wrong in the same room with it. And all this with only 2 hardware configurations to support.

2. The world's biggest fucking joke of a filesystem: HFS, soon to be followed by the world's second biggest fucking joke of a filesystem: APFS

3. The world's biggest fucking joke of a """modern"""" OS: OSX that still regularly shits the bed as bad as Windows 10, spies on you and even cucks you by helping MS spy on you, and still crashes and kernel panics if you do anything intensive at all on it. All the while still only supporting all of 2 different hardware configurations.

Apple is a fucking joke.

>Apple is a fucking joke.
And yet they have the best desktop OS by far. Go figure ;)

Apple is the biggest (technology) company on the planet, apple stuff is welcome by default.

Remember that "rare" interview by Steve Jobs in which he explained the problem with most big tech companies was that their product was so successful the marketing team got all the praise for selling it and decision making slowly shifted from the product design team to the marketing time?

OH THE IRONY

I'm not sure if it's one of these:
youtube.com/watch?v=96vEScBqOpg

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj_48pHuXWo

Basically what you've been able to do for a decade on Windows and any decent Linux WM.

As always, Apple is following the trend, no longer creating it.

>being this buttblasted at pasta

Just how new are you? Did your parents get you your first mac and you decided to come show off, didn't you?

It's not ironic when Apple make products that are better than the nearest competition.

>decent Linux WM
Please post a "decent" Linux WM that can be compared to OS X WM in everything, from smoothness, speed, features, etc. It has to be a compositing one of course as some of us don't like wasting CPU cycles and battery on something the GPU can do better than the CPU. I'll wait.

Don't wait, I'm not going to post shit for you.

Enjoy your mac "computer"

Nice one buddy, you sure showed the world how Linux is finally an acceptable desktop OS and not just for servers and neckbeards.

U S E R
E X P E R I E N C E

Excellent I was affraid for that and homebrew, but both pushed an update that fixed all the bugs. Btt just had a bug with Windows snapping, it didn't delay expose when you dragged windows on the top edge but that's gone.

E V E N
B E T T E R
U S E R
E X P E R I E N C E

A G G R E S S I V E
L I C E N S I N G

Because the only alternative to ToddlerOS is Windows? And it doesn't make ToddlerOS any less retarded.

This is actually good, random software shouldn't be able to do this kind of stuff without authorization.
I wouldn't expect iToddlers to understand anything about security though.

Hold down option while dragging the files.

macOS by default won't run unsigned applications.

That's not the same permission model at all.

>Because the only alternative to ToddlerOS is Windows? And it doesn't make ToddlerOS any less retarded.
It does make "ToddlerOS" wayyy less retarded than Windblows.

>not using terminal
This too

Like this

No its not, it's a far simpler model that doesn't rely on users not mashing the allow button.

It's also completely ineffective.

When compared to a system that relies on users not just clicking yes it's more effective.

How is encouraging developers to sign their damn software ineffective?

It also has the added side effect of making it harder to tamper with software before it reaches users.

>Because the only alternative to ToddlerOS is Windows? And it doesn't make ToddlerOS any less retarded.
Linux is even worse and not even worth considering as a desktop OS unless your time is free. Also, you should try start speaking like an adult. I know it's hard when you're 12 years old.

>I'm 16 years old I'm so mature
>everyone whose opinion triggers me must be 12

>I don't understand the difference between authorization and authentification

You realize Applwbaum is just a blackmailer with literally no proof right

Hell office is a hdd killer if you have outlook ( really just rebranded entourage that routinely uses 20gb+ pst files.)

Why do anti-apple shills keep bumping these mac threads?
If they're so confident in their products why do they care which ones other people use?

You never see a mac user go spaz out about how shit Linux is in /fglt/

>mummy started dating a black man with an iPhone 6S

This is comedy gold

Probably falseflagging mactards trying to make the opposition look retarded. Applel shills are really getting this fucking desperate.

APPLE IS STUPID BECUSE IT DOENT PLAY THE LATEST GMAES!!!!!!

homosexuals general thread

fags built the internet

Yeah, useful fags. Not the faggot shitbags that use Applel products.

pic related, useless shitbags

someone please check this for me, literally the only reason I might upgrade to Sierra.

It's slower. Like 0.5x animation speed, happens in Mission control as well. Makes my Haswell rMBP13 feel slow as fuck.

wtf, did a search and it looks like you're right. Doesn't even respect old Mission Control animation flags. Plus, forceFullDesktopBar is incompatible with Sierra. I don't see myself updating.

Fucking Pajeetle.

holy shit this bait and that many replies