Windows 10 adoption is slowing, despite Microsoft’s best efforts

Ireland-based StatCounter saw Windows 10 improve to 14.9% of the total market, up 1.2 points from the previous month. Growth is falling off month by month, however, with fewer systems choosing to take Microsoft’s free upgrade offer.

>Microsoft’s billion-device goal for Windows 10 has always been ambitious. While the company may get there over time, it may need to either extend its free Windows upgrade offer, or start throwing in other goodies to sweeten the pot. Free Office or Xbox Live would seem to be a good place to start.

extremetech.com/computing/224020-windows-10-adoption-is-slowing-despite-microsofts-best-efforts

POOtella on suicide watch

Other urls found in this thread:

netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0
pcworld.com/article/3112663/software/microsoft-made-em-do-it-the-latest-kaby-lake-zen-chips-will-support-only-windows-10.html
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/01/skylake-users-given-18-months-to-upgrade-to-windows-10/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>with fewer systems choosing to take Microsoft’s free upgrade offer
Didn't that end in July?

I hate that by having a dedicated autistic Manchin skinner box Jew PC I technically contribute to the # of PCs.

I use Linux or even MacOS when I need to do anything resembling work. What a joke of an OS.

>"quick! beter upgrade to win10 while it's free!"

not enough people are upgrading

>"w-were extending the deadline, but you s-still have to be quick!"

So they did extend it?
>absolute madmen

Ireland based

>check the updated OS userbase marketshare
>Windows 7 has only gone down by 3%
>Windows 10 has only gone up by 1%

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Nope. They didn't. Don't know where anyone is getting that from.

>free upgrade is over
>upgrades are beginning to slow
Wew lad. I wonder how much money was wasted on this hard hitting journalism.

ironically if they didnt shill it so hard i think people would have naturally gone to it.

Now it has a worse reputation than Vista at launch, 8.x, ME AND microsoft bob.

ive had 0 problems with it on all my pc's its alot more stable and faster than 7/8

DX12 is fantastic but everything else is pretty horrible.

if they stripped back all the crapware for home users and now this 'signature windows 10' crap with windows 11/12 it would go alot better but we all know that wont happen since ''windows 10 is the last windows hahhaha' bullshit

>alot more stable and faster than 7/8

anecdotal post-hoc rationalization.

I don't really have that much issue with the data collection because at this point every single fucking e-mail you send is being gangraped by about 3 different companies and the NSA.

My issue is that the OS itself is nearly unusable and there's no non-cancer version of it.

I WANT to play Forza Horizon 3, I really do, but the garbage of literal ads in my start bar, constant forced updates, hidden control panel, fucking ONEDRIVE, and other cancer that I have on my laptop with Windows 10 on it makes me stay away.

fuck you niggers and upgrade to windows 10 so that someday I can have a evergreen browser userbase and run es fucking 8 without babel.

no fuck you nigger

I ironically updated to Win10 just so I can do a factory reset in-OS without having to do any real backing up.

After almost 2 months, it's great desu.

>Linux isn't even worthy of being mentioned and gets thrown in "other" with the rest of the trash like decade old "smart" TV's old people unironically browser the ineternet with

laughing
my
fucking
ass
off

>I don't really have that much issue with the data collection because at this point every single fucking e-mail you send is being gangraped by about 3 different companies and the NSA.
Just because email is intrinsically unsecure as fuck doesn't give you a reason to let the NSA watch you jack off. You can reasonably be secure from 3 letter agencies knowing what you're doing on your computer if you use linux and firefox/chromium with a few specific add-ons or tor browser

All you have to do to upgrade after the deadline is agree that you use accessability options

I want the NSA to watch me jack off.

Do you also want some random stiff in the NSA to get bored and decide to start buying thousands of dollars worth of shit with your credit card accounts?

>this is what freetards actually believe

>this is what microsoft dick suckers refuse to accept
ftfy

I'm dual booting again for the first time since the windows7 dev preview.
I just notice the last time I booted windows10 (which I do every few weeks to update) that windows now remember the screen position you left them in the last time you closed them.
That's nice. There's that. +1.
Still a clunky looking, butt ugly, annoying piece of crap overall, though.

Oh look another freetard obsessed with talking about men sucking other mens dicks. What a surprise.

Reminder that AMD ZEN and Intel upcoming processors only support Windows 10.

Yeah because no one in the history of forever has ever used submissive sexual relationships as a metaphor for power based relationships.

I hope the 10 cents are worth it Pajeet

I don't know about you guys but I can still use the W10 upgrade tool on systems without jumping through any hoops. It still just werks.

Damn first the homosexual remarks and now you're bringing out the Pajeet meme, I mean holy shit, step back everyone looks like we got a gold star redditor here blowing off some steam!

>am I fitting in yet: the post: the experience: the movie

>Pajeet meme
Pajeet isn't a meme so long as Microsoft is concerned.

Pajeets lead Microsoft and they OWN wincucks

This is some jucy b8

>the garbage of literal ads in my start bar
Disconnect internet during W10 install.
Disable the Connected User Experiences and Telemetry Service.

>constant forced updates
Group Policy
Set Configure Automatic Updates to disabled.

>hidden control panel
What? There are two control panels and they are both accessible from the start menu.

>fucking ONEDRIVE
Group Policy
Set "Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage" to enabled.

>other cancer
I also disable Cortana and Defender in Group Policy settings.

I hate all these things as well but so far it's possible to make W10 Pro not shit. It's clear from their anniversary update that they intend to slowly remove the ability to disable all their bullshit though.

Yeah but I want to have a gaming computer and considering all my gun purchases private and I don't have anything else incriminating to my name I don't feel the reason to have to switch operating systems every time I want to go from youtube video watching to gaming.

10 toenail clippings have been deposited in to your GNUshilla account.

>windows xp still higher than either 8.1 or 10
Ayy

1 ruppes have been deposited to your designated account rajapajeet

Enjoy your hindu nuffin OS

you're right

You blew your argument when you chased his dick sucking deflection instead of pointing out the fact that his tinfoil hat is on so tight he actually believes the NSA is going to make purchases off of your credit card.

Time to close the tab and move along.

name my dance group Cred Forums

did they gangrape him??!

>GNU bangbus INDIA EDITION --- No Consent Was Forthcoming

GNU kids on the block

Sir do the needful and install windpoo 10

>not depositing foot crust instead

You've just lost the shitpost battle user

nice meme

>needing to do all this shit to get a decent OS
Even Arch Linux is less cumbersome m8

nice try samefag

>bro just spend a week debloating your OS so the only thing left is the hidden telemetry.
Or maybe you can just use an OS that isn't absolute trash

If they remove the fucking botnet and port halo 3 i might switch. Until then they can fuck off.

lmao macroshit and loonix freetards still copying apple to this day

>taking time to edit the (You)

>still deflecting
You openly admitted to believing someone from the NSA is going to use your credit card for an Amazon.com shopping spree. No amount of shitposting is going to unpost that, but keep trying anyway.

>XP and 7 still above 8.1 and 10

ok kid

netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0

>charge $200 for pro version
kek. People are dumb, but they're not that dumb. They should've kept the ultimate and etc. so there's an illusion of choice.

tech support

IT'S OVER
APPLE IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT
APPLETARDS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>Windows XP in the top 3

Damn son

Use WinXP as a base development box and distribute to other versions from there. It's god-tier say what you fucking like faggots, I'll say it again WinXP is god-tier.

>I only use windows 10 for my gaming machine

>I use linux for everything else

>Microsoft has no purpose anymore except for vidyagames and once the VulcanAPI overtakes DirectX12 they will lose that too

This. Vulkan takeover can not happen too soon either.

>Got a laptop for cheap
>It runs Winblows 10 HOME
>Want to run at least a Pro version
>Laptop has no Winblows 7 key

wat do

Cant MS just force everyone to use Windows10 on a hardware level?
Theyre already doing it with Kaby Lake CPUs and those Lenovo hdds

Because nobody fell for their scam, that's literally what they're doing. First zen and kaby lake, then HDDs, then mobos, finally graphics cards most likely.

>First zen
Say it aint so!

pirate 7 and be happy

If Microsoft gave free upgrades to pirated Windows XP and Windows 7 users, China and India would give Microsoft 1 billion new users of Windows 10 easily.

So why does Microsoft just not allow pirates to upgrade to genuine Windows 10 versions?

>If

The version of windows I upgraded to windows 10 from wasn't legitimate.

>if they stripped back all the crapware for home users
That's the point of the os you retard

Source?

it takes less than an hour. usually 10 minutes. installing drivers takes longer.

also to rid one drive completely....

@echo off
cls

set x86="%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe"
set x64="%SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe"

echo Closing OneDrive process.
echo.
taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe > NUL 2>&1
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 > NUL 2>&1

echo Uninstalling OneDrive.
echo.
if exist %x64% (
%x64% /uninstall
) else (
%x86% /uninstall
)
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 > NUL 2>&1

echo Removing OneDrive leftovers.
echo.
rd "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
rd "C:\OneDriveTemp" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
rd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1

echo Removeing OneDrive from the Explorer Side Panel.
echo.
REG DELETE "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f > NUL 2>&1
REG DELETE "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f > NUL 2>&1

pause

save as a .bat file and run it as administrator. group policy doesn't remove the icon from the side panel in explorer sadly. this completely rids it off the system.

want all the metro shit gone?

run this in powershell as administrator:
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

>I just notice the last time I booted windows10 (which I do every few weeks to update) that windows now remember the screen position you left them in the last time you closed them.
Doesn't windows 7 and 8.1 do that as well? At least 7 does that for me, it remembers the program windows' last position.

>By Joel Hruska on March 3, 2016 at 7:59 am

why nobody point out publish date. i'm still using 7. might dual boot new rig just for gayming and dx12 tho.

onedrive isnt that bad
i use it for school with office 365 to submit academic shit like word docs
if you dont need it yeah its a pita

Why do you need the features in Pro?

Get a Windows 10 ISO from mydigitallife's forums and activate Windows with KMSpico, works like a charm. I'd get an Enterprise ISO (not Enterprise LTSB) so that you disable almost all of telemetry through Group Policy. Disabling it on Pro installations does nothing.

If Microsoft sticks with Win10 for the next decade like they said they would, with only system updates instead of new Versions of their shitty OS.
Then sooner or later Win10 will have market monopoly because casual people will sooner or later have to upgrade their hardware.

Also consider the following:
>CPUs that sooner or later have locked features only for Win10 and up
>.NET Versions that are only supported by Win10 and up
>APIs only supported by Win10 and up
>OEMs will start only selling Win10 machines (Laptops & Desktops)
>Win7 suppport will die in Win10 lifespan
>any kind of new inovative tech that will be exclusive to Win10

Soon it will have >90% marketshare, soon.

Maybe 10 or 15 years ago when Windows was the only widely supported desktop OS, now you have macOS ranking in pretty much the entirety of the premium market, Chrome OS ranking in most of the netbook market and Android dominating pretty much every everyday computing task
Now it's way too late, it's a desperate last ditch attempt that isn't working at all, instead of updating to 10 devs and power users are jumping to *nix, the few prosumers left on Windows are jumping to macOS and the bulk of the casual users were on mobile devices long ago
They don't have the support of major manufacturers like they did back in the 90's with the Wintel monopoly, Intel supports GNU/Linux widely, Nvidia and AMD too, and Linux support it's pretty much a requirement for everyone else thanks to Android
It's way too late now

>Now it's way too late, it's a desperate last ditch attempt that isn't working at all, instead of updating to 10 devs and power users are jumping to *nix, the few prosumers left on Windows are jumping to macOS and the bulk of the casual users were on mobile devices long ago

this is what microsoft haters actually believe

You're delusional.
None of what you said actually is happening.

this, the only thing i like with the switch of windows 7 to windows 10 is the quick access thingy

>XBox
Irrelevant outside burgerland

>has to disconnect from Internet to make the OS usable
No thanks, I'll keep using Linux.

I'm guessing the only way they have that many is old school/company computers too poor to upgrade, and too dumb to pirate.

Logarithms for Double Jeopardy, alex.

What the fuck is up with the stars?

I'm guessing all the upgrades they're getting is from 3rd worlders.

> Free Office
Easy-peasy.
> Free office 365 for every Windows 10 customer**
________
** A paid subscription is required to save a file

> Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
I did that once. I actually wanted to use metro apps, but didn't want all that bloat.
Sooo, it removed Xbox Identity Provider which made impossible signing in to Windows Store apps. Reinstalled it manually.

I bought a new computer had 8 didn't like it went back to windows 7
Wiped harddrive to clean it went back to 8 by this time 8.1 has been out for sometime so I updated
and before I got too annoyed with it windows 10 was a free upgrade so here I am.

I got rid of a lot of bloat, cortana etc.
I do like the start menu the only problem is I disabled recent files so now there is just empty space under my picture

pcworld.com/article/3112663/software/microsoft-made-em-do-it-the-latest-kaby-lake-zen-chips-will-support-only-windows-10.html
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/01/skylake-users-given-18-months-to-upgrade-to-windows-10/

Why not use Microsoft tool kit for activation? Why not use ltsb?

Kaby Lake is only 15% faster than Sandy Bridge and TDP is only marginally lower.